Google Authorship Issue for my Affiliate Marketing Blog

8 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello Friends. I'm using the WordPress CMS for my affiliate marketing blog and another blog. In those blogs, I've used Google Authorship Plugin to get benefits in SERPs. But Google Authorship is not working now, so will I delete Google Authorship Plugin?
#affiliate #authorship #blog #google #issue #marketing
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Google dropped Authorship. No longer using it for anything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9481422].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author farabi2
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      Google dropped Authorship. No longer using it for anything.
      Thanks for the reply. Already Disable the plugin from all of my blog
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9483013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Icematikx
    I think Authorship still has some effect on the overall ranking of your posts/pages. Since it's linked with Google+, I assume Google use your profile and followers/connections etc to judge how popular you are within the social community. Authorship helps to establish that you are behind the content written, and I can only assume that Google will somehow place "trust" on the content if it comes from a well-established author.

    Me personally, I create personas for all of my affiliate blogs. I get authorship and Google publisher setup, as well as rel="me" for all social profiles. I find it to be beneficial. I don't have data to say whether it improves the rankings of my site generally, or my posts/pages, but I find that it definitely helps to create a "trusted" online resource that is less likely to be penalized/deindexed - especially since affiliate sites are disliked by Google in general.
    Signature

    Just got back from a #BrightonSEO. I was given room 404 in the hotel I stayed at. Couldn’t find it anywhere!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9483220].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Icematikx View Post

      I think Authorship still has some effect on the overall ranking of your posts/pages. Since it's linked with Google+, I assume Google use your profile and followers/connections etc to judge how popular you are within the social community. Authorship helps to establish that you are behind the content written, and I can only assume that Google will somehow place "trust" on the content if it comes from a well-established author.

      Me personally, I create personas for all of my affiliate blogs. I get authorship and Google publisher setup, as well as rel="me" for all social profiles. I find it to be beneficial. I don't have data to say whether it improves the rankings of my site generally, or my posts/pages, but I find that it definitely helps to create a "trusted" online resource that is less likely to be penalized/deindexed - especially since affiliate sites are disliked by Google in general.
      Just because Google found content first on one domain/page doesn't mean they created the content.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9483241].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Icematikx
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Just because Google found content first on one domain/page doesn't mean they created the content.
        Yes, Indeed. But personally, I believe that an author such as Matthew Woodward with a massive amount of Google followers will receive a slight boost in some form once content is specifically attributed to him. If a duplicate appears later down the line, then it's down to Google to decide who the original author is. But I personally believe that authorship helps in some form in the algorithm, however small.
        Signature

        Just got back from a #BrightonSEO. I was given room 404 in the hotel I stayed at. Couldn’t find it anywhere!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9483260].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by Icematikx View Post

          Yes, Indeed. But personally, I believe that an author such as Matthew Woodward with a massive amount of Google followers will receive a slight boost in some form once content is specifically attributed to him. If a duplicate appears later down the line, then it's down to Google to decide who the original author is. But I personally believe that authorship helps in some form in the algorithm, however small.
          I would not buy into any of that too much or put much effort into it. All signs point to Google pulling the plug on Google+. It is going to add into a long line of failed social attempts by Google.

          They got rid of the employee in charge of Google+. They are integrating Google+ Photos and Videos into other services. They first removed author photos from the SERPS and have now stopped supporting authorship altogether.

          Google+ will be gone in less than a year.

          Most likely, Hangouts will be the only thing that survives from their failed social experiment.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9483745].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lisa CC
    If you see in google's data testing tools you may see your authorship is working but author image in search result is no longer available.

    Remember, Authorship plays some role so u should not remove the plugin. Only authorship picture is gone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9483759].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Lisa CC View Post

      If you see in google's data testing tools you may see your authorship is working but author image in search result is no longer available.

      Remember, Authorship plays some role so u should not remove the plugin. Only authorship picture is gone.
      You're wrong. Google pulled the plug on it. The data testing tool is gone too.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9483771].message }}

Trending Topics