is a backlink coming from a PR3 website a quality link ?

18 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I know that emphasizing on quality is very important when building backlinks , so I was wondering , I have been getting links from PR7 , 5, and 4 sites , is getting a backlink from a PR3 site still a quality link or would it hurt my current rankins .. Would google see such a link as a quality link ? (PR3 link) ?

Thank you !
#backlink #coming #link #pr3 #quality #website
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    PR3 page or domain? The PR of the homepage really does not matter. What matters is the PR of the page your link will appear on.

    Also, is it related to your site?
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9500202].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author drinstech
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      PR3 page or domain? The PR of the homepage really does not matter. What matters is the PR of the page your link will appear on.

      Also, is it related to your site?
      Hi Mike,
      If I create backlink from PR3 Domain not Page, then it should not be a quality backlink?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9509444].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author online only
    How is the PR acquired? Via high quality links or blog comment spam and fishy redirects?

    If I were you, I wouldn't bother myself much about PR. If the site is looking legit and it's relevant then it's a go-go.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9500285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mase857
      Originally Posted by online only View Post

      How is the PR acquired? Via high quality links or blog comment spam and fishy redirects?

      If I were you, I wouldn't bother myself much about PR. If the site is looking legit and it's relevant then it's a go-go.
      I am talking about the domain PR ... relevancy and quality are both needed ...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9500462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lovboa
    Banned
    To answer your question, no it wouldn't hurt your rankings to get a link from a PR3.

    Unless I'm misunderstanding the phrasing of your question, you are asking, because you have links coming from high pr DOMAINS, if a PR3 (any PR3) is considered high quality?

    You could go right now and build a free wordpress blog and link to your site in 10 minutes and you would technically have a link from a "PR9 domain." But the page itself is pretty much irrelevant to any authority that this domain carries.

    From now on, you should be looking at the strength of the actual page your link is on, rather than the domain it's on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9500479].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mase857
      Originally Posted by lovboa View Post

      To answer your question, no it wouldn't hurt your rankings to get a link from a PR3.

      Unless I'm misunderstanding the phrasing of your question, you are asking, because you have links coming from high pr DOMAINS, if a PR3 (any PR3) is considered high quality?

      You could go right now and build a free wordpress blog and link to your site in 10 minutes and you would technically have a link from a "PR9 domain." But the page itself is pretty much irrelevant to any authority that this domain carries.

      From now on, you should be looking at the strength of the actual page your link is on, rather than the domain it's on.

      Thanks much , I think you answered my question ... so basically I should be looking at the PR of the actual page my link is on right ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9500580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LuckyIMer
    A website with high page rank does not mean it is a quality website, but just an indicator of many other indicators. Anyone can develop a website on a expired domain with page rank, it does not mean that the website is of quality, could be the opposite.

    Look for back links from website related to your content and that have been online for a while, few years, ranking well, offering value, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9500984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xaviel
    Hey Mase857,

    So PR is not as relevant as it used to be. It doesn't get updated frequently.

    A better metric is the quality of the backlinks going to the site. They need to be relevant to the niche.

    A good tool to analyse the backlinks is MajesticSEO, they have domain info, backlink and keyword information.

    Are your backlinks coming from your Private Blog Network or forums or?
    Signature

    Instant PBN. 100s of domains daily. 100% vetted. https://azimusinsights.com/?utm_source=wf-s#/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9508986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shrikantsoftwin
    PR is not that much important nowadays. good quality website and relevance is more important. If the link is coming from a good website/domain and which is highly related with your website it won't hurt your ranking.
    Signature
    Software Development Company Belgaum experts in Developing Custom Software & Mobile Application,
    http://softwinitsolutions.co.in/soft...lgaum-goa.html
    Also providing expert & effective Internet Marketing & SEO Services in Belgaum at affordable cost. - http://softwinitsolutions.co.in/internet-marketing-in-belgaum-goa.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9509196].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kobyburne
      The main thing regarding a website is concerning with the good quality content,and thus it will improves the ranking of a website.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9509291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tyler25
    There is a huge misconception about PR links. A PR 5 link isn't necessarily better than a PR 4 link. First off, Google only peridocially updates their PR for websites (1-2 times a year) which means a PR 5 might now be only a PR 3 while a PR 3 in reality actually be a PR 4.

    Also, it depends on where the link is coming from and how many links a site is sending. For example, a comment link on a PR 6 site is basically worthless. Why? Because anyone can comment on a site and give a self-serving link. However, if PR3 gives you a link within the body of their content on their home page then that is an awesome link! It shows that your link is a big deal because the site's home page is linking to it. So no, a PR3 will not hurt your site.

    Another thing to think about is that websites like amazon.com get great links but also get crappy links. Naturally websites are going to link from all over the web. As long as you don't have a ton of crappy links, and only crappy links, then you should be fine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marc_L
    Keep in mind that the PR is almost a year old so I wouldn't put all that much weight to what Google decides to show you. In this case a 3 is what the PR of that domain was last December.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9511267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rank Watch
    Originally Posted by mase857 View Post

    I know that emphasizing on quality is very important when building backlinks , so I was wondering , I have been getting links from PR7 , 5, and 4 sites , is getting a backlink from a PR3 site still a quality link or would it hurt my current rankins .. Would google see such a link as a quality link ? (PR3 link) ?

    Thank you !
    Ensure that the site you are thinking about is related to your site's niche. If yes, then only it will be valuable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9515103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author habibkhan01
    Banned
    High page rank and high domain authority backlinks are very important for ranking high backlinks from pr3 is good but page rank 7 to 10 backlinks more valuable for google so you should dome if it possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9518964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOWizard417
    There are plenty of other factors to consider aside from just PR, but getting a link from one should not hurt you.

    What types of links are you building? Contextual, niche relevant, high authority, these all play into the value of the link. As long as the link isn't spammy, I would go for it.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9518971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mynameisabhijit
    Domain Authority and Page Authority both are more powerful than PR... Now a days you can't get 1st page ranking only with High PR backlinks.... Website content is another great option to think about..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9519018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by mynameisabhijit View Post

      Domain Authority and Page Authority both are more powerful than PR...
      Lol, how do you think that authority happens?
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9519026].message }}

Trending Topics