Does web2.0 still works?

42 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi guys,

Many seo guys talking about PBN for seo now, I wonder does the web2.0 network still work for seo?

Any kindly friend give me some suggestions?
#web20 #works
  • Profile picture of the author Torreylee
    Yes they still work VERY WELL depending on how you use them.

    Do you just want to create countless spammy web 2.0 properties that aren't worthy of being seen?

    That isn't going to work. It could actually hurt you.

    But if you build web 2.0 properties that you aren't ashamed to show someone. That actually look like real sites that someone cares about,these sites can pass a manual review. (Important)

    THEN you can feel free(feel free??? I ENCOURAGE IT!) to hit those web 2.0 with your scrapebox, the kitchen sink and whatever else you have in order to funnel the link-juice through your elite-tier 2.0s to your primary money site.

    (I don't say money site but "primary money site", I'll explain later...)

    Every web 2.0 is different, 200 worthless, powerless web 2.0 links does far less than 10 heavily backlinked juiced up powerful web 2.0.

    Give your web 2.0s some TLC and they will give you some SERPs.

    Pro tip: You will be more motivated to give your web 2.0s the love they need if they are directly earning money for you, so put an email capture on each one or some lesser means of advertising if you must. This way you'll have more of a vested in them.
    Signature

    You Wanna Learn About The SEO Underground?

    Learn more at backlinkcheckerseo.com[/B].

    Learn about financing your small online business with peer-to-peer lending today.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9539458].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Torreylee View Post

      Yes they still work VERY WELL depending on how you use them.

      Do you just want to create countless spammy web 2.0 properties that aren't worthy of being seen?

      That isn't going to work. It could actually hurt you.

      But if you build web 2.0 properties that you aren't ashamed to show someone. That actually look like real sites that someone cares about,these sites can pass a manual review. (Important)

      THEN you can feel free(feel free??? I ENCOURAGE IT!) to hit those web 2.0 with your scrapebox, the kitchen sink and whatever else you have in order to funnel the link-juice through your elite-tier 2.0s to your primary money site.

      (I don't say money site but "primary money site", I'll explain later...)

      Every web 2.0 is different, 200 worthless, powerless web 2.0 links does far less than 10 heavily backlinked juiced up powerful web 2.0.

      Give your web 2.0s some TLC and they will give you some SERPs.

      Pro tip: You will be more motivated to give your web 2.0s the love they need if they are directly earning money for you, so put an email capture on each one or some lesser means of advertising if you must. This way you'll have more of a vested in them.
      This is very well explained and correct. If you are linking to 100 web 2.0 properties that are mainly spammy ones then you won't get much link juice from them. But if you are linking to 10 web 2.0 properties that has good content and doesn't look like a spam web 2.0 site then you will get positive results linking to them. More is not always the best. In this case less is more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9539557].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JackeyRoe
      Originally Posted by Torreylee View Post

      Yes they still work VERY WELL depending on how you use them.

      Do you just want to create countless spammy web 2.0 properties that aren't worthy of being seen?

      That isn't going to work. It could actually hurt you.

      But if you build web 2.0 properties that you aren't ashamed to show someone. That actually look like real sites that someone cares about,these sites can pass a manual review. (Important)

      THEN you can feel free(feel free??? I ENCOURAGE IT!) to hit those web 2.0 with your scrapebox, the kitchen sink and whatever else you have in order to funnel the link-juice through your elite-tier 2.0s to your primary money site.

      (I don't say money site but "primary money site", I'll explain later...)

      Every web 2.0 is different, 200 worthless, powerless web 2.0 links does far less than 10 heavily backlinked juiced up powerful web 2.0.

      Give your web 2.0s some TLC and they will give you some SERPs.

      Pro tip: You will be more motivated to give your web 2.0s the love they need if they are directly earning money for you, so put an email capture on each one or some lesser means of advertising if you must. This way you'll have more of a vested in them.
      Thanks for your awesome reply, but I have a question how google define the spam content or high quality content in the web2.0 sites? The readable or unique or any elements else?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9539740].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rokas92
        Originally Posted by JackeyRoe View Post

        Thanks for your awesome reply, but I have a question how google define the spam content or high quality content in the web2.0 sites? The readable or unique or any elements else?
        Most of spam sites has:
        1. Default website theme.
        2. Keyword stuffing
        3. Low quality content (robots analyze text)
        4. Low uniqueness percentage
        5. All linking web 2.0 platforms look identical

        Basically everything is same as in any other website. Web 2.0 alone won't rank it, as diversity is the key these days
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9539748].message }}
        • Originally Posted by Rokas92 View Post

          Most of spam sites has:
          1. Default website theme.
          2. Keyword stuffing
          3. Low quality content (robots analyze text)
          4. Low uniqueness percentage
          5. All linking web 2.0 platforms look identical

          Basically everything is same as in any other website. Web 2.0 alone won't rank it, as diversity is the key these days
          Well i agree with all but #1. Sometimes simplicity is better.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9539780].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JackeyRoe
          Originally Posted by Rokas92 View Post

          Most of spam sites has:
          1. Default website theme.
          2. Keyword stuffing
          3. Low quality content (robots analyze text)
          4. Low uniqueness percentage
          5. All linking web 2.0 platforms look identical

          Basically everything is same as in any other website. Web 2.0 alone won't rank it, as diversity is the key these days
          Great suggestion, thank you!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9539886].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author anwar001
      Originally Posted by Torreylee View Post

      Yes they still work VERY WELL depending on how you use them.

      Do you just want to create countless spammy web 2.0 properties that aren't worthy of being seen?

      That isn't going to work. It could actually hurt you.

      But if you build web 2.0 properties that you aren't ashamed to show someone. That actually look like real sites that someone cares about,these sites can pass a manual review. (Important)

      THEN you can feel free(feel free??? I ENCOURAGE IT!) to hit those web 2.0 with your scrapebox, the kitchen sink and whatever else you have in order to funnel the link-juice through your elite-tier 2.0s to your primary money site.

      (I don't say money site but "primary money site", I'll explain later...)

      Every web 2.0 is different, 200 worthless, powerless web 2.0 links does far less than 10 heavily backlinked juiced up powerful web 2.0.

      Give your web 2.0s some TLC and they will give you some SERPs.

      Pro tip: You will be more motivated to give your web 2.0s the love they need if they are directly earning money for you, so put an email capture on each one or some lesser means of advertising if you must. This way you'll have more of a vested in them.
      Very good advice. No need for making 100+ worthless web 2.0 when you can make 7-10 web 2.0 with each property having 3-4 original, high quality articles.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rokas92
    PBN are great if you have big budget, but if you don't then use web 2.0 properties which will be free of charge. Also as mentioned above, create quality websites. make a schedule posts with diverse content (articles, images, video, infographics etc). Make it look and feel natural. Another thing to mention - 2 or 5 properties won't result in instant rankings, but it will diverse your links profile, which is great.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9539722].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dr los3
    Quick question, i don't mean to digress from the topic..

    Say you wanted to write a new post, its relevant to your main website, but you don't really have a place to put the article. Would you figure out a way to post these to your main website, or would you make a web2.0 and treat that as a place to post up solid content that funnels people into your main website?

    my main website is silo'd perfectly and if i wanted to make a new article around a topic, it doesn't really fit into the silos and would me more for a viral/social media sniper sort of article.

    What would you do? web 2.0? money site? new domain? PBN?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540317].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Torreylee
      Originally Posted by Dr los3 View Post

      Quick question, i don't mean to digress from the topic..

      Say you wanted to write a new post, its relevant to your main website, but you don't really have a place to put the article. Would you figure out a way to post these to your main website, or would you make a web2.0 and treat that as a place to post up solid content that funnels people into your main website?

      my main website is silo'd perfectly and if i wanted to make a new article around a topic, it doesn't really fit into the silos and would me more for a viral/social media sniper sort of article.

      What would you do? web 2.0? money site? new domain? PBN?
      That is the perfect way to use quality info that is related but can't find a place on your site. You are smart for keeping you silos intact, your site navigation and user-experience should always be one of your top priorities.

      Yours is a great example of how to build web 2.0s, you obviously have knowledge of the topic because it's related to your main site's theme and it will make an extremely powerful niche-related backlink.
      Signature

      You Wanna Learn About The SEO Underground?

      Learn more at backlinkcheckerseo.com[/B].

      Learn about financing your small online business with peer-to-peer lending today.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540465].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by Dr los3 View Post

        Quick question, i don't mean to digress from the topic..

        Say you wanted to write a new post, its relevant to your main website, but you don't really have a place to put the article. Would you figure out a way to post these to your main website, or would you make a web2.0 and treat that as a place to post up solid content that funnels people into your main website?

        my main website is silo'd perfectly and if i wanted to make a new article around a topic, it doesn't really fit into the silos and would me more for a viral/social media sniper sort of article.

        What would you do? web 2.0? money site? new domain? PBN?
        Originally Posted by Torreylee View Post

        That is the perfect way to use quality info that is related but can't find a place on your site. You are smart for keeping you silos intact, your site navigation and user-experience should always be one of your top priorities.

        Yours is a great example of how to build web 2.0s, you obviously have knowledge of the topic because it's related to your main site's theme and it will make an extremely powerful niche-related backlink.
        I would buy a new domain before putting anything of value on a 2.0 site. Why not put the content on a site you own? You can build up the value of that domain just like a 2.0 site. Big difference though is that you actually own it. I'd rather build properties that I own and have complete control over.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540483].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author godoveryou
          Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

          I would buy a new domain before putting anything of value on a 2.0 site. Why not put the content on a site you own? You can build up the value of that domain just like a 2.0 site. Big difference though is that you actually own it. I'd rather build properties that I own and have complete control over.
          ^Yep!

          If you are going to be on a new domain anyways (as most WEB 2.0's create a new subdomain) why not have complete control over it and what happens with it?
          Signature
          Don't Know Me? - Read my interview at Matthewwoodward.co.uk
          http://www.godoveryou.com/
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540585].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author writeaway
            Originally Posted by godoveryou View Post

            ^Yep!

            If you are going to be on a new domain anyways (as most WEB 2.0's create a new subdomain) why not have complete control over it and what happens with it?
            Good point. And aren't most of them going NO FOLLOW? Web 2.0 is not useless though. They can still be used for PARASITE PAGES.
            Signature

            Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
            Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540968].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Torreylee
          Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

          I would buy a new domain before putting anything of value on a 2.0 site. Why not put the content on a site you own? You can build up the value of that domain just like a 2.0 site. Big difference though is that you actually own it. I'd rather build properties that I own and have complete control over.
          I would too, but not everyone is interested in paying for domains.

          In my earlier post I was talking about building 10 web 2.0s for example, a person can do that in a couple weeks for free OR pay $100 for 10 domains. A $100 to you or me may be nothing, to the next person that may be a week worth of income.

          A person's budget is everything.
          Signature

          You Wanna Learn About The SEO Underground?

          Learn more at backlinkcheckerseo.com[/B].

          Learn about financing your small online business with peer-to-peer lending today.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540643].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
            Originally Posted by Torreylee View Post

            I would too, but not everyone is interested in paying for domains.

            In my earlier post I was talking about building 10 web 2.0s for example, a person can do that in a couple weeks for free OR pay $100 for 10 domains. A $100 to you or me may be nothing, to the next person that may be a week worth of income.

            A person's budget is everything.
            I would say if they do not have $100 to invest into their business (and building up web properties that belong to you is a wise investment), they should not be running a business.

            To each their own though.
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540648].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
            Originally Posted by Torreylee View Post

            I would too, but not everyone is interested in paying for domains.

            In my earlier post I was talking about building 10 web 2.0s for example, a person can do that in a couple weeks for free OR pay $100 for 10 domains. A $100 to you or me may be nothing, to the next person that may be a week worth of income.

            A person's budget is everything.
            SEO is not really for anyone on that type of budget. Even automated spamming, $100 won't get you far.

            SEO is a business, not a casino game.

            I would be automatically presuming that anyone reading this would be trying to rank a page to create some kind of financial profit?

            Then just like any business, your "costs" are not costs, but investments. And when you make good investments you get a ROI.

            Most of us learned the hard way. And most who haven't learned will learn the hard way too. To round it all up in a single sentence I'd say,

            If you put nothing in, don't expect too much out.

            The one biggest problem you will face setting yourself up on a network of web2's and such "fill form to post" platforms is, no matter how well you build your sites. All nice and shiney and smart. With your cute little bio and in content youtube videos.

            Your surrounded within a domain of 99.9% pure dogshit. 100k other subdomains spawned on the dialy from hellions like GoY...

            As their respective mods frenzy in a battle to kill off spam quickly. Hardly even bothering to read new accounts content anymore (Tumblr), before deleting your account. Google getting submitted disavow after disavow file, loaded with millions of pages from your favourite Web2 sites. Signalling to Google a huge devaluing of that sites linking integrity. Until one day Google says enough, and slaps the whole domain down and all that links from it.

            I'll keep my money on the full control side. And I'll try make that $100 investment into $1000 by this time next year.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540673].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Torreylee
              Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

              SEO is not really for anyone on that type of budget. Even automated spamming, $100 won't get you far.

              SEO is a business, not a casino game.

              I would be automatically presuming that anyone reading this would be trying to rank a page to create some kind of financial profit?

              Then just like any business, your "costs" are not costs, but investments. And when you make good investments you get a ROI.

              Most of us learned the hard way. And most who haven't learned will learn the hard way too. To round it all up in a single sentence I'd say,

              If you put nothing in, don't expect too much out.

              The one biggest problem you will face setting yourself up on a network of web2's and such "fill form to post" platforms is, no matter how well you build your sites. All nice and shiney and smart. With your cute little bio and in content youtube videos.

              Your surrounded within a domain of 99.9% pure dogshit. 100k other subdomains spawned on the dialy from hellions like GoY...

              As their respective mods frenzy in a battle to kill off spam quickly. Hardly even bothering to read new accounts content anymore (Tumblr), before deleting your account. Google getting submitted disavow after disavow file, loaded with millions of pages from your favourite Web2 sites. Signalling to Google a huge devaluing of that sites linking integrity. Until one day Google says enough, and slaps the whole domain down and all that links from it.

              I'll keep my money on the full control side. And I'll try make that $100 investment into $1000 by this time next year.
              You, I , and many others can pay to play. Many can't, I'd say half the people reading this thread couldn't afford to try to build 10 sites on ten paid domains right now, especially when so many don't know how to reproduce good sites again and again even if they struck gold once.

              It's pretty simple to understand. It's clearly better to build on your own domains because of the control factor.

              But this particular thread is about web 2.0s.

              I still have web 2.0s from 2011 and earlier going strong and helping some old sites rank, I built them when I didn't have money to spend on SEO and backlink services. And yup, some got deleted, but mostly the ones I didn't put any thought or work into.

              Build quality on these platforms and they will stick and rank you. It works and it's FREE. Of course you're going to have some downsides to free hosting and domains, like lack of full control. That's no revelation.

              That doesn't stop them from ranking you, ranking puts you in position to earn, earning puts you in position to spend more later and continue earning.
              Signature

              You Wanna Learn About The SEO Underground?

              Learn more at backlinkcheckerseo.com[/B].

              Learn about financing your small online business with peer-to-peer lending today.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540741].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
                Originally Posted by Torreylee View Post

                You, I , and many others can pay to play. Many can't, I'd say half the people reading this thread couldn't afford to try to build 10 sites on ten paid domains right now, especially when so many don't know how to reproduce good sites again and again even if they struck gold once.

                It's pretty simple to understand. It's clearly better to build on your own domains because of the control factor.

                But this particular thread is about web 2.0s.

                I still have web 2.0s from 2011 and earlier going strong and helping some old sites rank, I built them when I didn't have money to spend on SEO and backlink services. And yup, some got deleted, but mostly the ones I didn't put any thought or work into.

                Build quality on these platforms and they will stick and rank you. It works and it's FREE. Of course you're going to have some downsides to free hosting and domains, like lack of full control. That's no revelation.

                That doesn't stop them from ranking you, ranking puts you in position to earn, earning puts you in position to spend more later and continue earning.
                You can buy domains for $1 and get hosting for free. Not sure what your saying exactly. What you have said doesn't really bare any relevance to my issues around link rot, or in this context (Domain Rot).

                They are all internally rotting away. Along with your hand written, manually published content.

                I had a look just for you, and I estimate I get back about 950% return per year on pages I control. A link spammer couldn't even tell me where their link are.

                Build your business on linking that has been highly targeted as pure spam years ago. That's the secret is it?
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540787].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Torreylee
                  Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

                  You can buy domains for $1 and get hosting for free.
                  And some people can win the big teddy bear at the State Fair on their first loop toss. That means it's common and everybody can do it. Brilliant.

                  Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

                  Not sure what your saying exactly.
                  Clearly.

                  Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

                  What you have said doesn't really bare any relevance to my issues around link rot, or in this context (Domain Rot).
                  Yeah wordpress.com is terribly rotted. Pffff....

                  What do you not understand about funneling link juice through a web 2.0?

                  Those who don't win the teddy bear at the State Fair can still get GREAT use out of many web 2.0 platforms. GREAT use. Did I say GREAT yet? They are not trying to rank a web 2.0, they are using it as a safe funnel of link power.

                  Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

                  They are all internally rotting away. Along with your hand written, manually published content.
                  "They" as in all? Wrong again.

                  Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

                  I had a look just for you, and I estimate I get back about 950% return per year on pages I control. A link spammer couldn't even tell me where their link are.
                  You're the only person with their own fully controlled network of sites in this conversation between you and I. Wait, no you're not.

                  I do OK too fella, can I pat myself on the back with your hand? It's already warmed up.

                  Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

                  Build your business on linking that has been highly targeted as pure spam years ago. That's the secret is it?
                  You don't do well with reading responses in context to the question.

                  Any more questions? I love a good debate.
                  Signature

                  You Wanna Learn About The SEO Underground?

                  Learn more at backlinkcheckerseo.com[/B].

                  Learn about financing your small online business with peer-to-peer lending today.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540856].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
                    Originally Posted by Torreylee View Post

                    And some people can win the big teddy bear at the State Fair on their first loop toss. That means it's common and everybody can do it. Brilliant.

                    Clearly.

                    Yeah wordpress.com is terribly rotted. Pffff....

                    What do you not understand about funneling link juice through a web 2.0?

                    Those who don't win the teddy bear at the State Fair can still get GREAT use out of many web 2.0 platforms. GREAT use. Did I say GREAT yet? They are not trying to rank a web 2.0, they are using it as a safe funnel of link power.

                    "They" as in all? Wrong again.

                    You're the only person with their own fully controlled network of sites in this conversation between you and I. Wait, no your not.

                    I do OK too fella, can I pat myself on the back with your hand? It's already warmed up.

                    You don't do well with reading responses in context to the question.

                    Any more questions? I love a good debate.
                    Problems with Web2.0
                    So after wordpress, which is spammed to death btw. Your second site will be where? 3rd 4th 5th and onward...? Have a bunch of those sites been targeted lately? Yes..Are all those high PR sites moving to no-follow? Webs,Squidoo etc...Yes.. Can I place any type of links, content, and monetization method on any of those sites?...No, everything I put is under tight control and watch...

                    State Fair Funneling
                    Using your network to only funnel PR from them tells me 2 things. You probably don't have any type of network, and secondly if you did. You don't seem to have a clue how you would use it.

                    Funneling PR? Not ranking a network site?
                    What on earth do you think they are designed for? They have PR remember, you bought the domain for that reason. And guess what you can do with that PR? You can rank the network domains pages. Imagine that...? You can build real sites on them, sites with pages that rank for words all by themselves. You can sell right there from the page, or push them onto an off-site shopping cart. You can even have them downlaod stuff and submit their emails to you. To join your aweber mailing list, you placed right their in the code.

                    Your past comments and advice have only displayed to me, that if by the off chance you do have a domain or two lying around. They would read nothing more then a default 2014 wp theme, and a scraped article.

                    Costs,
                    As I've mentioned, we are talking about a fresh web2.0 domain vs cost of hosting a self owned domain. You can buy and host a fresh domain very cheaply. We are not talking about buying up PR5 expired domains. A newly built web2.0 carries ZERO weight in terms of juice. Exactly the same weight as a $.99cent .com special offer at godaddy right now. Hosting can be as cheap or even free, if you're really stuck.

                    But seriously, this is all a complete joke really.

                    This is not the dream factory, that's just the wool pulled over your eyes.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540925].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Torreylee
                      Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

                      Problems with Web2.0
                      So after wordpress, which is spammed to death btw. Your second site will be where? 3rd 4th 5th and onward...? Have a bunch of those sites been targeted lately? Yes..Are all those high PR sites moving to no-follow? Webs,Squidoo etc...Yes.. Can I place any type of links, content, and monetization method on any of those sites?...No, everything I put is under tight control and watch...

                      State Fair Funneling
                      Using your network to only funnel PR from them tells me 2 things. You probably don't have any type of network, and secondly if you did. You don't seem to have a clue how you would use it.

                      Funneling PR? Not ranking a network site?
                      What on earth do you think they are designed for? They have PR remember, you bought the domain for that reason. And guess what you can do with that PR? You can rank the network domains pages. Imagine that...? You can build real sites on them, sites with pages that rank for words all by themselves. You can sell right there from the page, or push them onto an off-site shopping cart. You can even have them downlaod stuff and submit their emails to you. To join your aweber mailing list, you placed right their in the code.

                      Your past comments and advice have only displayed to me, that if by the off chance you do have a domain or two lying around. They would read nothing more then a default 2014 wp theme, and a scraped article.

                      Costs,
                      As I've mentioned, we are talking about a fresh web2.0 domain vs cost of hosting a self owned domain. You can buy and host a fresh domain very cheaply. We are not talking about buying up PR5 expired domains. A newly built web2.0 carries ZERO weight in terms of juice. Exactly the same weight as a $.99cent .com special offer at godaddy right now. Hosting can be as cheap or even free, if you're really stuck.

                      But seriously, this is all a complete joke really.

                      This is not the dream factory, that's just the wool pulled over your eyes.
                      You ever heard of sentence breaks? Ever heard of readability? Clean that up and I'll consider reading what I already know to be nonsense. You have a few minutes to edit, I'll check back.

                      I can read nonsense, but at least make it readable.
                      Signature

                      You Wanna Learn About The SEO Underground?

                      Learn more at backlinkcheckerseo.com[/B].

                      Learn about financing your small online business with peer-to-peer lending today.

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540941].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
                        Originally Posted by Torreylee View Post

                        You ever heard of sentence breaks? Ever heard of readability? Clean that up and I'll consider reading what I already know to be nonsense. You have a few minutes to edit, I'll check back.

                        I can read nonsense, but at least make it readable.
                        This isn't English class bro. But I will summarize it for you.

                        It say's very clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540950].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Torreylee
                          Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post


                          It say's very clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.
                          How ironic, those are my EXACT thoughts about you ol' chap.

                          Sharpen your comprehension skills, learn the complexities of CONTEXT and don't make so many irrational assumptions at every turn. It makes you look.... Well...

                          Just try not to do that.
                          Signature

                          You Wanna Learn About The SEO Underground?

                          Learn more at backlinkcheckerseo.com[/B].

                          Learn about financing your small online business with peer-to-peer lending today.

                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Torreylee
    And being that the question was about web 2.0s, I answered accordingly.
    Signature

    You Wanna Learn About The SEO Underground?

    Learn more at backlinkcheckerseo.com[/B].

    Learn about financing your small online business with peer-to-peer lending today.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author godoveryou
    Your surrounded within a domain of 99.9% pure dogshit. 100k other subdomains spawned on the dialy from hellions like GoY...
    ...and that's really the point.

    Look, at my peak I was able to generate between 1.1-1.4 billion links per 24 hour cycle depending on network congestion and assuming I didn't inadvertently create a dos-attack scenario on the domains I was creating links on (which actually happened more frequently than you might imagine.) Of course they weren't all web 2.0 links and actually very, very few of them where (maybe 1,000/day). However, that's not really the point.

    With guys like me running around crushing publicly available resources I came to realize that these places would eventually become problematic in terms of their intended SEO value. Simply put, if a domain created a form that can be populated with a link then the result of that link will ultimately have to be devalued in comparison to a domain that can not be 'penetrated' by any random Joe.

    It's really of critical importance at this point to own your links - with the only exception being truly unique and significant editorial links where an active webmaster/editor is selectively controlling them.

    That having been established, I couldn't agree more with the statements of investing in your business.

    If someone can't afford a few thousand dollars a year to operate their business at minimum then they had better get really good at "Other" methods and not off-page SEO (for the most part) - which typically only come with experience. By "Other" methods, I'm not advocating web 2.0's - if anything I hope my above points reference why those aren't a great thing to rely on (although they can still be used within reason and as long as they don't expect miracles.)

    If someone can't afford to buy some domains for $9/year with free privacy and a handful of cheap hosting accounts, then they need to become absolute ninja's with on-page SEO, keyword research, content development and outreach to those restrictive webmasters/editors that I made reference to before.

    Even if they did all of that correctly, I still don't see how they could be in business honestly. Even the small things add up. Premium WP themes (or custom development), plugins, real hosting/cdn, etc etc etc....

    I hate to be the one to say it, but the idea of being in this business "For Free" has long since passed. To justify a web 2.0 in comparison to a self hosted domain is... inappropriate I suppose is the best word for it.
    Signature
    Don't Know Me? - Read my interview at Matthewwoodward.co.uk
    http://www.godoveryou.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    2.0, self hosted, either way will be weak links If that's all your doing.

    If you want long term links build out the network sites as real sites where traffic will help build links spread out over the entire network. That doesn't mean you can't add/optimize additional IBLs.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540732].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author godoveryou
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      2.0, self hosted, either way will be weak links If that's all your doing.

      If you want long term links build out the network sites as real sites where traffic will help build links spread out over the entire network. That doesn't mean you can't add/optimize additional IBLs.
      Well, yes, of course... That's the benefit of owning the link/domain as an investment.
      Signature
      Don't Know Me? - Read my interview at Matthewwoodward.co.uk
      http://www.godoveryou.com/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540828].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by godoveryou View Post

        Well, yes, of course... That's the benefit of owning the link/domain as an investment.
        I have a 2.0 that's an authority site, tons of traffic built links.

        Self hosted is fine but it's not a deal breaker.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540839].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author godoveryou
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          I have a 2.0 that's an authority site, tons of traffic built links.

          Self hosted is fine but it's not a deal breaker.
          Meh.... I mean, there are exceptions to every rule. I would still rather own the link/domain and would still suggest others do as well. Look how toxic some article directories became overnight...?

          BTW I'm not comparing an article directory to a web 2.0 blog, I'm just comparing a third party service to a third party service.
          Signature
          Don't Know Me? - Read my interview at Matthewwoodward.co.uk
          http://www.godoveryou.com/
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540844].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author yukon
            Banned
            Originally Posted by godoveryou View Post

            Meh.... I mean, there are exceptions to every rule. I would still rather own the link/domain and would still suggest others do as well. Look how toxic some article directories became overnight...?

            BTW I'm not comparing an article directory to a web 2.0 blog, I'm just comparing a third party service to a third party service.
            The difference is most people here aren't building network sites anyone else would care about, no traffic, just links. Blasting blog comments/links would be more effective with less work.
            Signature
            Hi
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540857].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author godoveryou
              Originally Posted by yukon View Post

              The difference is most people here aren't building network sites anyone else would care about, no traffic, just links. Blasting blog comments/links would be more effective with less work.
              Valid and to be fair, I also have two sides to network sites. The one people care about and you know... the other as previously discussed.

              That having been said, I do find "The other" to be vastly more effective to most other forms of spammy link building these days - and probably much easier as well given that once it is setup you just drip out the links as predefined.
              Signature
              Don't Know Me? - Read my interview at Matthewwoodward.co.uk
              http://www.godoveryou.com/
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540884].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Torreylee
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          I have a 2.0 that's an authority site, tons of traffic built links.

          Self hosted is fine but it's not a deal breaker.

          Yup, that's my point, actually self-hosted is more than fine, it's better, but it's not a deal breaker.

          It's another tool to use for those who need to use it. And it works well.
          Signature

          You Wanna Learn About The SEO Underground?

          Learn more at backlinkcheckerseo.com[/B].

          Learn about financing your small online business with peer-to-peer lending today.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542275].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540952].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Torreylee
      Originally Posted by ShoeNickel View Post

      Now now children play nice
      But, but.... HE STARTED IT!!!! Lol...
      Signature

      You Wanna Learn About The SEO Underground?

      Learn more at backlinkcheckerseo.com[/B].

      Learn about financing your small online business with peer-to-peer lending today.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540955].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ewikk055
      LOL. Yeah, web 2.0's still have use. Just dont drop links all over the place...maybe criss cross the links...tier 1,2,3 doesn't matter....

      or just funnel traffic towards a lp via a nice web2.0 presell page.
      Signature

      Can we sell these? hollar.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dr los3
    Can we always assume that the web 2.0s and domains are built with the touch of an angel and are always of high quality.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9541033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EmilyMace
    Yes, web2.0 is still in a work as it provides a link juice.
    But if you are making it in a access way then the advantage of it will turn into disadvantage.
    Therefore, it is better to create it in a genuine way so it won't look spammy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9541507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnmessy
    Yes web 2.0 still works for SEO. but you have to use only that web 2.0 websites thats page rank is above 5. it works properly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9541687].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bigeasy504
    Review of the "HOTH" seems like BS to me ... I'd rather take my money and invest it in PBN'S and Sponsorship on high PR pages.

    Does The Hoth Really Work? A 5 Month Review
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9564678].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by godoveryou View Post

      Look, at my peak I was able to generate between 1.1-1.4 billion links per 24 hour cycle depending on network congestion and assuming I didn't inadvertently create a dos-attack scenario on the domains I was creating links on (which actually happened more frequently than you might imagine.)
      Lol... I missed this in the thread before.

      I can just imagine how many times a web host sent out a email about a server being under DDOS attack and what they are doing to mitigate it and get things back online.

      GOY: Damnit!

      GOY: Wait... Did I do that?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9564710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vistha82
    Yes i think so if done on high quality web2.0 sites having high DA also use long tail keywords if your site is new.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9564826].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author godoveryou
      Originally Posted by vistha82 View Post

      Yes i think so if done on high quality web2.0 sites having high DA also use long tail keywords if your site is new.
      The DA is not a valid predictor with web 2.0 subdomains.
      Signature
      Don't Know Me? - Read my interview at Matthewwoodward.co.uk
      http://www.godoveryou.com/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9564942].message }}

Trending Topics