- I was using an online service to schedule my IG posts, and one day it decided to post all 50 of my posts simultaneously. After removing the posts, my engagement slowed to a crawl (although I was still showing up for some hashtags)
- (This one was the final nail in the coffin)...some asshat screwed me by marking my brand hashtag as "inappropriate" after another user posted a picture of a half-naked chick using my brand hashtag
After I tried everything I found on the internet and waiting over a month with zero signs of any light at the end of the tunnel...I gave in and created a NEW account FML.
Note: Of course creating the new account and starting over fresh would essentially fix your shadow ban...but I wouldn't make this post if that was my ultimate solution (unless I just felt like wasting everyone's time lol)
So what did I do???
1. Created a new IG account with a similar username
2. I logged back into my account that was shadow banned and added a 001 to the end of the username
3. Then I logged back into my NEW account and assigned it username from my old account
4. I then posted a few images using the NEW account (they all showed up for hashtags and received regular engagement)
>>>HERE'S THE SECRET SAUCE<<<
1. Out of pure curiosity, I changed the name of my NEW account by adding a 002 to the end of the username
2. I then logged back into my OLD shadowbanned account and changed it back to its original username
3. I made a (2) new posts and checked to see if they showed up for the selected hashtags.....
BOOM - they were all there, and the account has been growing ever since (about 3 weeks ago from the date of this post).
******IMPORTANT NOTE: If you think your account has been shadow banned due to some bad hashtags MAKE SURE (while your shadow banned acct has its name changed) you log in and remove all hashtags from each of your posts! ****************************
---That's it -----
1. Create new account
2. Rename old shadowbanned account
3. Rename new account with your old username
4. Log into shadowbanned account and remove hashtags from all of your posts
5. Log into the new account and make a few posts
6. Confirm that the shadow ban did not follow the username to your new account (check to make sure they appear for their hashtags under recent)
7. Once confirmed - change the username of your new account
8. Reassign your old username to your original account
9. Make 1 or 2 posts with quality 5 popular hashtags
10. Check to see if the posts are showing up for the hashtags under the recent tab
***Disclaimer: Instagram is Instagram, and we all know they operate entirely different than any other social site on the web. So with that said, I cannot guarantee that this will 100% work for everyone - BUT - it did work for me, and this method is something that NOBODY has been talking about (at least that I have seen up to this point).
Comment below if you try this and share your results with the community!!!
***Note: I removed the IG page referenced - received 100's of DM's from people offering their SEO & Social Media Services***