The value proposition that resonates best with clients for me is as follows.
- I demonstrate a detailed analysis of their competitions Social Media.
- Show the scope of what's achievable with Audience Listening tools.
- Explain how Facebook pixel works.
- Show an example of a Landing Page.
- Demo a case study of another campaign in Ad Manager.
- Then discuss how my services would fit into their existing sales process.
- Finally negotiate fees.
To date I haven't been charging for campaign setup and just a flat monthly rate, so in the first month I lose because of setup time and if the client drops off after a month, I make almost nothing.
With new client's what way do you structure your setup fees?
Secondly, with certain campaigns targeting local markets and over time the audience gets fatigued. I've had profitable campaigns slowly start to cost more and get less of an ROI, then I have to redesign Ad copy, Landing Pages and any other marketing collateral. But in the long-term I've found that localised campaigns have a lifespan, ad spend goes up and I have to renegotiate with the client. (Which in some cases results in loss of business.)
Have you had this problem and how do you deal with it?
Is it easier just to charge an hourly rate and bill the client separately for ad spend?
Any advise on how to create a scalable fee structure would be greatly appreciated.