18 replies
--closed--
#amazon #facebook #notes #products #promoting
  • Profile picture of the author Craig McPherson
    Me too.

    Searching for a Toshiba product and #4 was a facebook page.

    Clicked on it and his page is made up of brief descriptions and a pic of various Amazon products.

    Smart cookie though, I found he ranks 1st page for

    Buy Toshiba Product Name
    Buy HP Product name

    etc
    etc
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4842020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hawynstud
    This looks like a pretty interesting concept. It seems that the keywords they are ranking for are getting little to no traffic when I use the adwords tool. You find any evidence that this would work with keywords that are receiving traffic?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4842184].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tadpole88
      Originally Posted by hawynstud View Post

      This looks like a pretty interesting concept. It seems that the keywords they are ranking for are getting little to no traffic when I use the adwords tool. You find any evidence that this would work with keywords that are receiving traffic?
      Here you go:

      Keyword: Weight Watcher Coupons
      Google Keyword Tool Results: 22,200 searches a month
      Position of FB Notes Page: Page 1 #8

      Not to bad really! The only thing is you really do not know how many backlinks if any were built for the link.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084843].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cooler1
        Originally Posted by tadpole88 View Post

        Gaz,

        Looks like your step by step instructions no longer work not a very good advertisement for your course. Your instructions also mention you were just importing the blogs, so you were having to create a blog first just to build these Facebook notes pages?

        Curious as to why you would not just build the notes pages?
        Probably because just building note pages with a copied product description is offering zero value to the readers.

        I think the blog is a seperate thing entirely, it isn't created for the purpose of the FB note page, but used just to get more traffic.

        Originally Posted by tadpole88 View Post

        Here you go:

        Keyword: Weight Watcher Coupons
        Google Keyword Tool Results: 22,200 searches a month
        Position of FB Notes Page: Page 1 #8

        Not to bad really! The only thing is you really do not know how many backlinks if any were built for the link.
        Couldn't you use a backlink checker to find the number of backlinks?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4842288].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gaz Cooper
      Hey Guys

      I posted this on WF some time ago and also step by step instructions on how to do it heres the link

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...tructions.html

      Been teaching this to my students for quite a while and is part of my Amonize facebook Course.

      Works great

      Kickin it on Amazon

      Gaz Cooper

      Amz Training Academy
      Signature
      Beginners get Started with AMAZON, we will give you a FREE custom made Amazon Site when you purchase hosting through us contact us at http://authorityzonesupport.com/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4843033].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tadpole88
        Originally Posted by GazCooperOnline View Post

        Hey Guys

        I posted this on WF some time ago and also step by step instructions on how to do it heres the link

        http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...tructions.html

        Been teaching this to my students for quite a while and is part of my Amonize facebook Course.

        Works great

        Kickin it on Amazon

        Gaz Cooper

        Amz Training Academy
        Gaz,

        Looks like your step by step instructions no longer work not a very good advertisement for your course. Your instructions also mention you were just importing the blogs, so you were having to create a blog first just to build these Facebook notes pages?

        Curious as to why you would not just build the notes pages?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Craigb182
    How interesting. Haven't seen that before. Could certainly be something to look into and not only with Amazon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cs.marketer
    I've been noticing a lot of these recently especially for products, might have to look further into it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Brock
    Yep, been doing this for the past couple months. Works like a charm, but will eventually need to be modified to confirm to FB rules better... Just some small tweaks will make a big difference.
    Signature
    Clickbank #1 Best Seller: The Deadbeat Super Affiliate.
    Click here to learn how to make money online in your bath robe and gym socks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085591].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author absolutelee
    This is really cool and timely information. I'm going to be working this into a new thing that I'm doing. Thanks so much, HP!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author robnoble
    Thanks for taking the time to share this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    Folks, if you are building your business around facebook notes, you will soon be sorely disappointed. I've seen them too. That said, I can almost guarantee this strategy is short-term at best.

    If we can see all of the crap facebook pages, Google can. One of the upcoming Panda updates is sure to wipe them out.

    If you are in it for the short-term profit, knock yourself out. However, I wouldn't rely on this for anything long-term.
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085726].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cs.marketer
      Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

      Folks, if you are building your business around facebook notes, you will soon be sorely disappointed. I've seen them too. That said, I can almost guarantee this strategy is short-term at best.

      If we can see all of the crap facebook pages, Google can. One of the upcoming Panda updates is sure to wipe them out.

      If you are in it for the short-term profit, knock yourself out. However, I wouldn't rely on this for anything long-term.
      I think you've hit the nail on the had mate
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5090050].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webwerks
      Originally Posted by wolfmmiii View Post

      Folks, if you are building your business around facebook notes, you will soon be sorely disappointed. I've seen them too. That said, I can almost guarantee this strategy is short-term at best.

      If we can see all of the crap facebook pages, Google can. One of the upcoming Panda updates is sure to wipe them out.

      If you are in it for the short-term profit, knock yourself out. However, I wouldn't rely on this for anything long-term.
      Almost 1 year later and I see these Facebook notes leading to Amazon. They are somehow surviving Panda and Penguin and still on first page of Google.

      How is this happening??
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217475].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
        Originally Posted by webwerks View Post

        Almost 1 year later and I see these Facebook notes leading to Amazon. They are somehow surviving Panda and Penguin and still on first page of Google.

        How is this happening??
        Google's algo isn't perfect. If the algo doesn't get it, FaceBook will. One year doesn't constitute long term. The will eventually get it right.
        Signature
        Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
        CLICK HERE FOR INFO
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217666].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cooler1
        Originally Posted by webwerks View Post

        Almost 1 year later and I see these Facebook notes leading to Amazon. They are somehow surviving Panda and Penguin and still on first page of Google.

        How is this happening??
        It does seem odd. It must be due to the authority of Facebook's domain. The algo is giving high weight to the authority even though the content isn't unique.

        Originally Posted by Brad Berry View Post

        This is a breakthrough, I hope I can do try this method ASAP. But always remember that this kind of squeeze page is very limited and only people with Facebook will come visit it. The best squeeze page is still the usual website format I guess.

        How do you mean only people with Facebook will come visit it? The page still appears if you're not logged into FB.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Berry
    This is a breakthrough, I hope I can do try this method ASAP. But always remember that this kind of squeeze page is very limited and only people with Facebook will come visit it. The best squeeze page is still the usual website format I guess.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217499].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7218715].message }}

Trending Topics