Does Buying YouTube Views Violate TOS or not

by accendo 86 replies
OK, I have seen people selling views on Youtube here and on other forums. I get it. A person like myself may want to purchase views to try to bolster their Partner application. I understand that you want to make sure they are real people and not bots (of course how do you know a seller has real people or a bot). But, the elephant in the room is whether this is against the TOS.

Vagex seems different to me because people are actually watching the video, but I just signed up for the trial and views trickle 1-3 a day. I am not sure I see value in buying a subscription at that rate.

I obviously do not want any of my YouTube channels banned. So, what's the truth.
#social media #buying #tos #views #violate #youtube
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author CoachManny
    Good question.

    First thought that pops in my mind is why would anyone buy view?

    It's like buying clicks to your website I would think.

    You are not getting views of people actually interested in what you are offering.

    This is my opinion I'm not IM expert yet.

    I do know that YouTube is a huge asset for business owners.

    A great traffic generating move is a Top 10 Most Asked Questions YouTube video in relations to your niche.

    Manny
    Signature

    Manny Rodriguez Blog:
    www.coachmannyrodriguez.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5601986].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Crooke
      I think buying views is against youtube's TOS, but I don't think it would be caught if the views are limited and spread out. Those 1k views in 6 hours may get flagged for view.

      I agree with the last comment, why buy views if they aren't really interested.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5602103].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ewan1998
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Richard Crooke View Post

        I think buying views is against youtube's TOS, but I don't think it would be caught if the views are limited and spread out. Those 1k views in 6 hours may get flagged for view.

        I agree with the last comment, why buy views if they aren't really interested.
        I think some people buy views to gain popularity. To get their videos higher up on search results in the YouTube search, and to say to the customer/viewer they have a large viewer base.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5602272].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author shemp
          Originally Posted by Ewan1998 View Post

          I think some people buy views to gain popularity. To get their videos higher up on search results in the YouTube search, and to say to the customer/viewer they have a large viewer base.
          Totally agree the old saying "how you dress the pig comes to mind"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5602353].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author owlfowl
        Originally Posted by Richard Crooke View Post

        I think buying views is against youtube's TOS, but I don't think it would be caught if the views are limited and spread out. Those 1k views in 6 hours may get flagged for view.

        I agree with the last comment, why buy views if they aren't really interested.

        Right man, i made a youtube video, i mentioned the title carefully, so it gone 12000 views in 2 days, i dont know what happened, youtube removed my video, it is against the TOS of youtube.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5638041].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Zeplix
          Originally Posted by owlfowl View Post

          Right man, i made a youtube video, i mentioned the title carefully, so it gone 12000 views in 2 days, i dont know what happened, youtube removed my video, it is against the TOS of youtube.
          If you don't know what happened, then you can't say it's because of the views. YouTube will always give you a reason for removal of videos, how about you check that, and say what it says?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6387207].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fatality
      Originally Posted by CoachManny View Post

      Good question.

      First thought that pops in my mind is why would anyone buy view?

      It's like buying clicks to your website I would think.

      You are not getting views of people actually interested in what you are offering.

      This is my opinion I'm not IM expert yet.

      I do know that YouTube is a huge asset for business owners.

      A great traffic generating move is a Top 10 Most Asked Questions YouTube video in relations to your niche.

      Manny
      Some people buy views even though they are not interested people because it raises their statistics. Then, YouTube will rank their video higher so more people in return will actually see their video if they search the keyword.

      And as far as I know, buying YouTube views is against YouTube's ToS.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5605671].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SpK
        Originally Posted by Fatality View Post

        Some people buy views even though they are not interested people because it raises their statistics. Then, YouTube will rank their video higher so more people in return will actually see their video if they search the keyword.

        And as far as I know, buying YouTube views is against YouTube's ToS.
        I've said this over and over: it is not against ToS. They just do not like to lose business.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5605822].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
          Originally Posted by SpK View Post

          I've said this over and over: it is not against ToS. They just do not like to lose business.
          From the YouTube Partner Program Policy page at YouTube

          To support your growth and success on YouTube, we expect our partners to follow these program policy guidelines when they build their brand presence on YouTube. Violating these guidelines may result in your videos being removed, AdSense account being disabled, and/or your partnership or even your YouTube account being suspended.

          The most important ground rule is to respect YouTube’s Terms of Service and AdSense Program Policies. This means the following:

          Do not click on your own ads or use any means to inflate video views, impressions and/or clicks artificially, including manual methods.

          Do not encourage others to click your ads or use deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks, including clicks on your videos to inflate views. This includes commissioning third party agencies that advertise these services to increase your viewership. The purchase or gaming of subscribers, views or any other channel features is a violation of our Terms of Service. Learn more.

          Do not manipulate or incentivize others to click on video features, such as “Like” or “Favorite,” to improve your standing and visibility across the site. We consider these to be fraudulent clicks and/or queries.

          Do not employ third party sites and tools to automatically generate artificial subscribers or views.

          Do not embed third party advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within your video content. YouTube does allow you to upload paid product placements provided you give us notice first. Learn more about paid product placements.

          Do not sell your YouTube account and/or partner channel via third-party sites for monetary profit.
          Seems pretty cut and dried to me. Then again, I'm not pimping a service to inflate YouTube views...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5608485].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kurt
            Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

            From the YouTube Partner Program Policy page at YouTube



            Seems pretty cut and dried to me. Then again, I'm not pimping a service to inflate YouTube views...
            Hey John,

            This isn't from Youtube's TOS, it's from their Partner Network. Not everyone that posts videos on Youtube is a Partner. Although, the "regular" TOS may be similar.

            If you are a Partner and getting paid for views to your videos, I think paying for fake views is far worse than if you aren't showing ads.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6388009].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
              Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

              Hey John,

              This isn't from Youtube's TOS, it's from their Partner Network. Not everyone that posts videos on Youtube is a Partner. Although, the "regular" TOS may be similar.
              I stand corrected. Thanks, Kurt.

              I scanned the regular TOS, and didn't find anything specifically forbidding the practice.

              Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

              If you are a Partner and getting paid for views to your videos, I think paying for fake views is far worse than if you aren't showing ads.
              This I agree with...
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6388097].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
      Originally Posted by CoachManny View Post

      Good question.

      First thought that pops in my mind is why would anyone buy view?

      It's like buying clicks to your website I would think.

      You are not getting views of people actually interested in what you are offering.

      This is my opinion I'm not IM expert yet.

      I do know that YouTube is a huge asset for business owners.

      A great traffic generating move is a Top 10 Most Asked Questions YouTube video in relations to your niche.

      Manny
      Manny might not be an expert, but he's got a damn good point. Who cares about views? Figure out how to get relevant traffic and conversions.

      That is, if you're in this to make money.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5608819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cooler1
    Wouldn't it be wise to read the TOS to check.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5602237].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jpboxersox
    I spread them out and they are fine. I think YouTube video are taken down because of your competitors unfortunately!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5602300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jonathan92
    I believe the increased views to a youtube video is beneficial not necessarily because that kind of traffic is targeted but because the popularization will attract future traffic which may very well be targeted. Although, bounce rate is another thing to consider - you don't want people clicking away from your videos before they finish - that is a negative indication to youtube. Well, honestly I'm not quite sure, but I imagine that's the case.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5602713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Buying Youtube views is worthless. It's a waste of time, and people won't buy because of your views.... they will clickthrough and view your article if it's targeted, and if it's perceived to be something that they need to listen to.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5602941].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author accendo
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      Buying Youtube views is worthless. It's a waste of time, and people won't buy because of your views.... they will clickthrough and view your article if it's targeted, and if it's perceived to be something that they need to listen to.
      Isn't your response true if you are using YouTube for CPA or to gain traffic to your authority site, but if you just wanted to work towards becoming a YouTube partner to make money via adsense, do you feel the same.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5603046].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SpK
      Originally Posted by Chris Kent View Post

      Not true at all. If it improves rankings and drives more natural traffic because of this, it's totally worth it.
      The pros about YouTube views is:
      * Gets your videos higher ranked in search
      * Puts you on many "related videos" spots on videos with the same views as you
      * Gives viewers trust in the video

      It's worth it. And the best service to get views very fast (very fast, I mean up to 1 million daily) and extremely cheap is ViewTornado - buy YouTube views - cheapest and fastest YouTube views provider

      It's a gold mine. You can get your videos on the most viewed, and from there it gets even more organic traffic.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5605549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SpK
    It depends on the service. If you buy fake views, that is against ToS, but if it is real viewers, it is totally fine. I suggest ViewTornado for fast and real views.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5605351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ahbittersweet8
    Thanks for the question, I was wondering the same thing too
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5605564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kelvinmedia
    I think buying views is fine, as long as it's not too fast. It's good because of perception.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5605633].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SpK
      Originally Posted by Kelvinmedia View Post

      I think buying views is fine, as long as it's not too fast. It's good because of perception.
      Speed is not a factor to use in this situation. I have done over 2 million a day, and the videos are fine.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5605658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rockstrong
    Buying youtube views is against youtube's tos..you can not derive traffic to your video through any any paid means.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5605882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jpboxersox
    I buy YouTube views quite frequently. I think i usually get a good CTR on my videos purchasing about 5,000 views. As long as they are real and the company spreads them within a view days your good to go.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5608311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author akp88
    I use vagex for quite a while and it generates 1-2k views per day for me.
    My video's rank increase after this and i will use this service to another video once the organic views come.
    Right now my video already on the top of certain keywords.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5608689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom E
    If the traffic comes from bots, yes, you will get banned. However, if your traffic comes from humans, which is the case with most view-boosting services, there's nothing youtube can do about it.

    Guaranteedviral.com, one of the biggest providers of youtube views can get you as many as 2 MILLION views in 24 hours if you can pay for it. And you still don't get banned by youtube, because the views are coming from humans.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5616285].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author accendo
    I am beginning to think Vagex is part human / part bots. I went ahead and give it a try and bought a 30 day subscription. What I notice is yes, suddenly the traffic is a lot faster, but there's an interesting feature. I noticed that with my email account registered with the Youtube account, it shows all the activity (likes, comments, etc.), but Youtube Indox is no where near as busy. Does this mean the other stuff is just bots?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5616405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raydal
    "Paying for views" should be qualified as human views or fake bot views.

    Paying for real human eyes should be the same as PPC traffic. Paying
    to game the system with bot views I'm sure would get you banned.

    -Ray Edwards
    Signature
    The most powerful and concentrated copywriting training online today bar none! Let a VETERAN Copywriter and Teacher get your skills up to speed in little time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5616453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author t9web
    We sell views and ourselves like alot of other sellers are selling real views, very few people left now use bots for views and youtube caught up with that a long long time ago, that is why views cost alot more now then they used it.

    As long as it is real traffic views your purchasing its not against youtubes TOS as it is just the same as purchasing a PPC adspace, we have completed 1000s of orders anincd never had an issue and have checked through youtube's TOS.

    with regards to why you would buy views, it really depends what your video is about, if its a affliate program etc... then its pointless buying views and its untargetted traffic but if your a musician or business increased views firstly helps in rankings and also gives a level of credential to a video, if you musician has 100k views you instantly feel like he is a musician worth listening to rather than someone with 200 views.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5616579].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom E
      Originally Posted by t9web View Post

      We sell views and ourselves like alot of other sellers are selling real views, very few people left now use bots for views and youtube caught up with that a long long time ago, that is why views cost alot more now then they used it.
      That's a bit of a myth. I personally know two programmers who both sell youtube views entirely created by using bots. They've been doing it for years, and youtube never suspected a thing. Not saying it's ethical, I'm just making the point that it's not that hard to generate youtube traffic with bots. IF you know what you're doing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5616716].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author riaanvdl
    If you monetize it, it is definately against the TOCs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5616785].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom E
      Originally Posted by riaanvdl View Post

      If you monetize it, it is definately against the TOCs
      If it's human, real traffic, youtube is all for it. Even if you paid people to click, or you purchased the traffic. Because those ad impressions (assuming you have ads enabled on your videos) influence those humans exactly the same way they influence someone who happens to stumble over that same video while surfing youtube or google.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5617083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NACAdam
    The answer is no however the main key to ranking in youtube is backlinks then you can use a service called content buzz to get other people to promote your video too 30 bucks a month its all geared toward getting your video ranked within youtube
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5617911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pizzatherapy
    Buying Youtube views is worthless. It's a waste of time, and people won't buy because of your views.... they will clickthrough and view your article if it's targeted, and if it's perceived to be something that they need to listen to.
    Great point Randal.

    And I think it is not only a waste of time but a violation of YouTubes TOS. You take a big risk of having your account shut down...

    If you are using YouTube as a way to promote your product or service, why would you take the risk by buying views?

    I have heard many marketers here at the WF lament the fact that their YouTube account was shut down for one reason or another. And all the work they put into building their YouTube channel just went up in smoke. They got a handful of nothing to show for their efforts.

    I think buying views is a very fine line. you are dancing on a razor blade.

    Now if you want to buy views from Goolge through your Adwords account, that is a totally different story.

    Why would you want to risk getting your account shut down? Then you lose everything.

    Why risk it?

    Unfortunately: when you play in Google's Stadium you play by their rules.

    So play be their rules or take your game somewhere else...

    I think buying views for your YouTube videos is a violation of their TOS, IMO...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5621632].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom E
      Originally Posted by pizzatherapy View Post

      I think buying views for your YouTube videos is a violation of their TOS, IMO...
      If that was the case, companies like GuaranteedViral.com would go out of business. Yet they stay in business year after year. Not only that, they offer 100% money back if you get banned because of their views...even if you buy a package that gets you 2 million views in 24 hours. This is because all of their purchased views come from real humans.

      And regardless what youtube's TOS says, they choose to look the other way when the purchased traffic is from real humans. When someone gets 2 million views in 24 hours, it benefits youtube just as much as anyone else, and they are very aware of that fact.

      However, not all youtube-boosters are created equal. A lot of them claim to offer human views, but in reality, it's bot-created, and jeopardizes your youtube account. The giveaway is in the price. If someone offers dirt cheap youtube views, it's almost a guarantee that it's from bots.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5621894].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Keith Everett
        If as you say some "youtube boosters" say they offer human views, but actually don't, hence the risk to having your account closed. Isn't it best to avoid this and don't pay for views in the first place.?






        Originally Posted by gr8tocre8 View Post

        If that was the case, companies like GuaranteedViral.com would go out of business. Yet they stay in business year after year. Not only that, they offer 100% money back if you get banned because of their views...even if you buy a package that gets you 2 million views in 24 hours. This is because all of their purchased views come from real humans.

        And regardless what youtube's TOS says, they choose to look the other way when the purchased traffic is from real humans. When someone gets 2 million views in 24 hours, it benefits youtube just as much as anyone else, and they are very aware of that fact.

        However, not all youtube-boosters are created equal. A lot of them claim to offer human views, but in reality, it's bot-created, and jeopardizes your youtube account. The giveaway is in the price. If someone offers dirt cheap youtube views, it's almost a guarantee that it's from bots.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5622638].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
          Originally Posted by gr8tocre8 View Post

          If the traffic comes from bots, yes, you will get banned. However, if your traffic comes from humans, which is the case with most view-boosting services, there's nothing youtube can do about it.

          Guaranteedviral.com, one of the biggest providers of youtube views can get you as many as 2 MILLION views in 24 hours if you can pay for it. And you still don't get banned by youtube, because the views are coming from humans.
          Originally Posted by t9web View Post

          We sell views and ourselves like alot of other sellers are selling real views, very few people left now use bots for views and youtube caught up with that a long long time ago, that is why views cost alot more now then they used it.

          As long as it is real traffic views your purchasing its not against youtubes TOS as it is just the same as purchasing a PPC adspace, we have completed 1000s of orders anincd never had an issue and have checked through youtube's TOS.

          with regards to why you would buy views, it really depends what your video is about, if its a affliate program etc... then its pointless buying views and its untargetted traffic but if your a musician or business increased views firstly helps in rankings and also gives a level of credential to a video, if you musician has 100k views you instantly feel like he is a musician worth listening to rather than someone with 200 views.
          Originally Posted by gr8tocre8 View Post

          If it's human, real traffic, youtube is all for it. Even if you paid people to click, or you purchased the traffic. Because those ad impressions (assuming you have ads enabled on your videos) influence those humans exactly the same way they influence someone who happens to stumble over that same video while surfing youtube or google.
          What part of "The purchase or gaming of subscribers, views or any other channel features is a violation of our Terms of Service" is so hard to understand? :confused:
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5622943].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Tom E
            Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

            What part of "The purchase or gaming of subscribers, views or any other channel features is a violation of our Terms of Service" is so hard to understand? :confused:
            Like I mentioned earlier, it may say so in their TOS, but in reality, if those views are coming from humans, youtube chooses to look the other way, because there is just too much money in it for them.

            I have solid proof of this, as I know several people who have been doing it for years. There is simply too much money in it for youtube to follow their TOS on this one. When adsense is involved, that is.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5623893].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
              Originally Posted by gr8tocre8 View Post

              Like I mentioned earlier, it may say so in their TOS, but in reality, if those views are coming from humans, youtube chooses to look the other way, because there is just too much money in it for them.

              I have solid proof of this, as I know several people who have been doing it for years. There is simply too much money in it for youtube to follow their TOS on this one. When adsense is involved, that is.
              Unless I missed something, and I admit this may be possible vis a vis Adsense+Youtube, I thought G only made money on ad clicks rather than on impressions. If those humans being sent purely to inflate view numbers are also being told to click ads to boost G's income, that violates Adsense TOS as well.

              Whether they choose to turn a blind eye at the moment or not is a side issue, though. The original question was "does buying YT views violate TOS?" Clearly, it does. And eventually that will be the grounds for clamping down, just like it was for the basic Adsense program. We'll get a whole new crowd of banned people in here whining about how Google hates marketers... :rolleyes:
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5630725].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Tom E
                Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

                Unless I missed something, and I admit this may be possible vis a vis Adsense+Youtube, I thought G only made money on ad clicks rather than on impressions. If those humans being sent purely to inflate view numbers are also being told to click ads to boost G's income, that violates Adsense TOS as well.
                Yep, you missed something. Both youtube and youtube partners make money on impressions. As a matter of fact, impressions make up most of the earnings for a lot of youtube partners.

                And I completely agree with you about paying people to click ads - it's unethical, and should not take place, as it cheats honest marketers out of money. However, with ad impressions, I don't see it that way, as even a paid-to-view-youtuber will get subconsciously influenced by ad impressions, just as a person who stumbles upon the same video(s) would.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5637861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hassan001
    Buying Traffic to youtube pages and buying traffic to click adsense ads is against TOS of Google....

    If once caught they don't re-instate accounts and also don't hear any appeals....

    I hope this info comes handy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5622433].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author megawarrior
    I wouldn't worry much about it if you are simply buying views to kick-start your video with the idea of getting organic views afterwards (and as long as you are NOT engaging in click fraud or your video itself doesn't go against to ToS). Because people are more inclined to check out videos with many views and they also rank higher in the Youtube search results.

    It's sort of like buying/selling links - Technically it violates Google's guidelines, but has been going on (and will continue to go on) for years.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5623013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelSJohn
    I don't think views breaks their TOS but it could get your in trouble where they might flag it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5637880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author weebeastie
    There seems to be a virtual industry of selling views so it must be popular. I've seen people complain because their account was frozen by Utube because the views they bought were delivered in a manner that Utube concluded was artificial.

    The sellers of views are trying to stay one step ahead of detection methods.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5641536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BHeard
    Buying views is used to purely get site count up like any SEO your content may be the best out there but if no one sees it it counts for nothing.
    TOS = if you check them you will see.
    There are some services that offer ways to invite folks to your site.
    If you set up automatic play on the video it will also gain a view...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5847717].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WritingService
    why buy views if they aren't really interested

    That the point dude
    if you worried youtube will banned your ID
    so let's do it normal
    why get worried
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6388720].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kurt
      Originally Posted by WritingService View Post

      why buy views if they aren't really interested

      That the point dude
      if you worried youtube will banned your ID
      so let's do it normal
      why get worried
      The reasoning is, views are part of how the YouTube search engine ranks videos.

      Also, if you can get your video into the "most viewed" sections of Youtube, you can get tons of real people to your video.

      However, likes/dislikes are also part of the YouTube ranking, and if you have a bad video with a lot of views, chances are you will also get a bunch of dislikes and your video(s) could get buried in the YT search results.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6388754].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dwhs
    Only if you are getting paid to advertise for your video.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6388815].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FastFaceLikes
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9136531].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DaveSmith42
        Buying views works ONLY if the retention is high and unless you go crazy and buy 100k+ views, YT wont give a crap.

        There are billions of videos uploaded each day and YT couldnt care less about someones video with few k's of fake views Unless ur not making 1k$ a day from it, they dont give a crap.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9218069].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kurt
          Originally Posted by DaveSmith42 View Post

          Buying views works ONLY if the retention is high and unless you go crazy and buy 100k+ views, YT wont give a crap.

          There are billions of videos uploaded each day and YT couldnt care less about someones video with few k's of fake views Unless ur not making 1k$ a day from it, they dont give a crap.
          I posted the following in the High Voltage Video Forum a while back...it may interest you:

          ---------------------------------------------------
          This is from the Youtube Creator Blog:


          YouTube isn’t just a place for videos, it’s a place for meaningful human interaction. Whether it’s views, likes, or comments, these interactions both represent and inform how creators connect with their audience. That’s why we take the accuracy of these interactions very seriously. When some bad actors try to game the system by artificially inflating view counts, they’re not just misleading fans about the popularity of a video, they’re undermining one of YouTube’s most important and unique qualities.


          Read more:
          Keeping YouTube Views Authentic

          I would be very careful about fake video views and pay-for views packages. Youtube is telling everyone that this is a very important issue for them. I believe them.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9218081].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author wordwizard
            I had a video removed by YouTube for supposedly violating their TOS. I hardly understood their accusation, or the form they sent me to repeal the decision, and at the time, they rejected my appeal. They did tell me I could re-upload the video though.

            I had not done anything to inflate any numbers, and in fact hadn't even looked at my account for a while, and only discovered what had happened when someone alerted me that a video on my website was no longer there. Oh, and the same video on Squidoo.

            The only thing that I could figure had happened that this one video (which was by far the best one I had on my account) had accumulated around 2,000 views (total!), while all my other videos languished in the low 2 figures or so (with a couple of them having maybe up to or around a hundred views).

            Recently though, a few months after the incident, I decided to re-upload the video, only to discover that YouTube put my video back into my account (and my re-upload was considered a duplicate submission!). So I deleted my freshly re-uploaded video, and now I need to re-embed the original video on my website and on Squidoo.

            Anyway, It looks like they figured out that I had not violated any TOS after all.

            It also looks like this happened when they were doing a huge crackdown on TOS violators, real and suspected. Either way, I plan to stay far away from buying views…
            Signature

            HAPPY NEW YEAR SALE
            on sales letters, (pre-sell) reports & email series!
            FREE Training & Software/Plugins CLICK HERE to Join My IM Facebook Group!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9218130].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
      Virool is pretty good if you want to drive targeted traffic to a Youtube Video.

      You can always give a new video a little help to get it moving and if you target well you can get direct results or click thrus to offers or other options you can apply.

      It can also be useful to show the value of your video marketing effort to clients if they see a little interest in their videos with some increased engagement.

      Sending traffic to the video via embeds, sharing, paid advertising, other back links particularly from other G properties will all help the video get some rankings and hopefully clicks to your link you have included in the description.

      Also helps if you have the video monetised and you advertise on top of your own video. Google loves it is you are paying them along the way and you can always easily measure the results.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9725953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author phinneus
    Views, likes, subs, favs and comments in addition to age all contribute to how youtube search algorithm displays the search results.

    I dont see the problem with inflating them numbers a little bit to earn yourself more natural search traffic from youtube and if you don't monetize the video I don't think it is against there TOS.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6388849].message }}
    • I personally would like to buy an account on youtube so the video can be displayed and enjoyed my many people with my license
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zeplix
    "Do not encourage others to click your ads or use deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks, including clicks on your videos to inflate views. This includes commissioning third party agencies that advertise these services to increase your viewership. The purchase or gaming of subscribers, views or any other channel features is a violation of our Terms of Service. Learn more."

    I'm a little unsure where exactly the line goes, especially with the part that saying "commissioning third party agencies" to advertise.
    Now obviously any advertising I do for my Youtube video, IS to increase it's views and my viewership.

    If I set up an ad, linking to one of my videos, and that add runs on a PPC model (pay per click), I am in essence "paying to click", or rather, I'm paying someone per person that clicks and sees my videos.
    Second, if I hire an agency to promote my videos on various sites, social media, and so forth, again, of course I'm doing that in the hopes that people will click and see my video. I am, in essence, paying a company to get me views.

    In fact, since the point of any advertising is for people to see your videos, any sort of paid advertising (which most advertising is) would be deemed against the TOS.
    Is this really correct? It seems a bit far-fetched, that I can't actually hire agencies to promote my videos :S

    Now obviously using bots would be against the TOS, that goes without saying. You could also argue that services that work, by people >literally being paid per video they watch< would also be against the TOS. But if a service functions by putting up the video on various social media sites, or their own high-traffic sites, and getting views that way, I don't see an issue.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6390855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ElaineHenderson
    Buying views is against the TOS but there are many people who ignore it... If you have many views on YouTube your video will be on the top of the results easier and your videos will be listed on the feature videos more.

    In my opinion if you buy some views at the beginning it will be helpful, even if it is "illegal" is a way to drive your video to the popularity.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6391071].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zeplix
      It might interest people that I asked this on the YouTube Partner forums, and that the general consensus is, that as long as bots aren't used or otherwise "tricking" people into seeing your video, there is no problem:

      Google Groups

      Consider that YouTube fully allows you to market your video where you want, be that on social media or PPC, as well as let agencies market it for you. So as long as the views you get are from sources where people aren't outright paid to watch your video, or it comes from bots, there seems to be no issue.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6394462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sivakanth
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6771878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charanjit
    one of the biggest thing that you missed, some you tube videos can become pr 5 and above quite easily. Now put a value of a pr 5 back link to your site. And yes spammy plig/social media back links help as do viewer counts.
    Signature

    Want to learn more, read read and read more. http://www.mannusblog.com/index.php/...e-optimisation

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6772583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TomBuck
    I have found someone whose getting me 200 a day for 25 days for a fiverr but I have a youtube partners account, is this risky? The views do look legit as they are consistently growing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6772625].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mosthost
      Originally Posted by TomBuck View Post

      I have found someone whose getting me 200 a day for 25 days for a fiverr but I have a youtube partners account, is this risky? The views do look legit as they are consistently growing.
      I think it is risky if you're running ads on the videos.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6792544].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom E
      Originally Posted by TomBuck View Post

      I have found someone whose getting me 200 a day for 25 days for a fiverr but I have a youtube partners account, is this risky? The views do look legit as they are consistently growing.
      In theory it's risky and not recommended, but realistically, if all you're getting is 200 views per day, your adsense revenues are going to be so low that you'll easily fly way below youtube's radar. Based on my own adsense earnings, with 200 per day, you stand to make a maximum of $20 per month, which youtube could care less about.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6795818].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steve71
        As a traffic seller I can tell you the YouTube views we provide are real and the way we do it is by promoting our clients videos on either Facebook, Twitter and Stumbleupon and let visitors view the videos. Our method will never get your video banned.
        This is not against YouTubes TOS. Other providers that use such things as bots are.
        As for the purpose, its not to get conversions! The more views your video has the higher the ranking it will have where organic traffic will eventually find it. Its much easier to rank high on YouTube than a website on Google.
        The same with buying website traffic, this is to increase your rankings over time not to get conversions.
        Buying traffic or views should be done in conjunction with other SEO methods to compliment and boost your efforts.
        Still if your video or website is badly constructed or has low appeal no matter what you do it will not succeed, remember "content is king".
        You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear !



        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6839843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Originally Posted by accendo View Post

    Vagex seems different to me because people are actually watching the video, but I just signed up for the trial and views trickle 1-3 a day. I am not sure I see value in buying a subscription at that rate.
    .
    Vagex (the world's worst name for a company) is different. These are real views, and they are in the USA.

    You are using a free account and are trading views. Stop that, pay a little every month and the views will come quickly. For me, usually 1,000 a day for each video.

    You can also get "likes" "subscriptions" and "Comments". The comments look like spam because they are. Don't use them.

    And vary the length of the views. 60 seconds for a day or so, then maybe 90 seconds..(in a 90 second video).

    The only downside of Vagex is that their network of people running videos on their computer is large but not infinite. If I think I'm getting 5,000 views, Youtube may only give me credit for 4,000 because 1,000 are from repeat viewers.

    But it's still a good deal. I pay $30 a month for 100,000 30 second views.

    I no longer view their videos to rack up credits because my computer keeps thinking the videos are a virus. They aren't but I can't seem to convince my computer...so it eventually stops viewing videos.

    Personally, I use Vagex to get maybe 1,000 views on client videos (Yes, I tell them the views are from a service, not from local customers). And then the natural views take over.

    Want to get your video (maybe your account) deleted? Buy 100,000 views that are delivered in 10 minutes.


    To do this in a more natural way, buy the WSO Video Thunder from Kurt in post #51. I did,and it was one of the top video marketing TSOs I'm implimenting.

    That's real advice, I'm not an affiliate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6840036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JerrickYeoh
    I don't think it a real concern while lot of people purchase youtube viewers and get into trouble.
    I saw someone get warning of buying facebook fans but never saw people getting trouble on buying youtube views.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6840536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DotComBum
    It should be against the TOS but many people are doing it, just don't get caught and you'll be fine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6840550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goendul
    personally, I'm considering to buy YouTube views because my video will be listed on the feature videos
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7478778].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Logo Design
    Yes if your video contains adsense you will get your adsense banned, but you can remove the adsense and then buy it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7609975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author troy23
    Why do you want to buy views?
    Is it because you are having difficulties providing a video of value?
    Or do you really want your YouTube account shut down?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7610199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RachelLily
    Never buy youtube views if you are running adsense codes on your videos. google will ban you because the person whom you buy views , will use some wrong methods to drive traffic to your videos.
    Signature

    I make $50 every 3 hours. Learn my methods here: eliteincomeprofits.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7615045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DEMBOYZxCLAN
    Originally Posted by accendo View Post

    OK, I have seen people selling views on Youtube here and on other forums. I get it. A person like myself may want to purchase views to try to bolster their Partner application. I understand that you want to make sure they are real people and not bots (of course how do you know a seller has real people or a bot). But, the elephant in the room is whether this is against the TOS.

    Vagex seems different to me because people are actually watching the video, but I just signed up for the trial and views trickle 1-3 a day. I am not sure I see value in buying a subscription at that rate.

    I obviously do not want any of my YouTube channels banned. So, what's the truth.
    You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the YouTube servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, YouTube grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. YouTube reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their Content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7645083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author randijssh
    I've seen people complain because their account was frozen by Utube because the views they bought were delivered in a manner that Utube concluded was artificial.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    As long as they stay in the guidelines of youtubes tos and api there isn't anything wrong with it. Vagex is a great place, its actual people watching the vids so it is within the tos of youtube.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8392591].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fazal Mayar
    I dont think its against TOS or else they wouldnt be available on fiverr or Seoclerks of buying them.
    Signature

    Blogger at RicherOrNot.com (Make Money online blog but also promoting ethical internet marketing)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8534290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennisknows
    Youtube ranks videos based on engagement. More views, like and comments means higher rankings which results in organic views, likes and comments.

    but just buying views isn't going to do it because anyone can do that. You can buy views on Fiverr. I don't though. There's only one site I use out of the 100s I've ran across.

    There are REAL views that don't cost $5 for 50,000. When buying views, you should buy like and comments if available and you have to have them all working together.

    It would look fishy if you get 10k views then a week later, 200 likes and some comments.

    Don't buy the fake views because YouTube definitely hates those. I only suggest buying views for videos that you want to go viral; like those Harlem shake videos. If I had made one, i guarantee it would have been one of the most popular ones ever.

    Case and point: I went into a niche where I guess they don't know how to buy engagement. I say this because some videos have 1000s of views and no likes and that's not gonna cut it...

    I bought 10k views and a 100+ likes with 50+ comments I believe. (Not from Fiverr)

    Fast forward to now, I'm sitting at 797k views, 984 Likes and 440 dislikes and just over a 1000 subscribers; and this is for an affiliate product. The dislikes are because I did something to get some more optins to my list which actually worked.

    There's risk in everything. I got one of my accounts banned for a few months due to a competitor flagging my videos. I wasn't even buying views for that channel. It was my personal channel.

    I've never had any problems and i've bought 100s of thousands of views as well as sent 100s of thousands of views to clients; heck one got contacted by one of the professional wrestling companies because they liked the buzz they had going on and liked presentation..

    Originally Posted by randijssh View Post

    I've seen people complain because their account was frozen by Utube because the views they bought were delivered in a manner that Utube concluded was artificial.
    That's because they ordered FAKE mobile views. Most of those can be found on Fiverr. I never buy views from Fiverr. All views get stuck at 301 views. It's something YouTube does to check the validity of your views. I've never had a problem.

    Originally Posted by RachelLily View Post

    Never buy youtube views if you are running adsense codes on your videos. google will ban you because the person whom you buy views , will use some wrong methods to drive traffic to your videos.
    You are 100% right RacheLily. The service I use even tells you to turn off adsense because Adsense checks everything. What you do though is turn them off until your campaign is over. Once the video goes viral, you're talking $$$$$. My first viral video was making me an extra $100 a month.

    Hope that helps
    Signature
    "May the optimism of your tomorrow fuel your drive for today"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8534598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelBartley
    I just think that it is about seeming you are an authority. I 've bought 20,000 views before and i got organic traffic fast. They had to be real views because I made sales from the tracking link i place on the description.

    I think it does violate TOS but it is a method that has proven to work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8534622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zelmazfpz
    The sellers of views are trying to stay one step ahead of detection methods.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8534730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    As a rule, it's so much better to attract views organically
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    Retire to a Life of Island Hopping through Smart Blogging at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9136562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cyberzolo
    Pretty sure it does especially if the video is monetized, but why would you even want to have fake YouTube views anyway.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9218444].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Beatinest
    The best bet is to always be legit. Google/Youtube deeply understand the systems they create. They can get a good idea of your actual views based on real user interaction (comments, subscriptions, shares, etc) so it's best to not rock the boat if you're trying to keep your channel from getting banned.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9218922].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CyberAlien
      Originally Posted by Beatinest View Post

      The best bet is to always be legit. Google/Youtube deeply understand the systems they create. They can get a good idea of your actual views based on real user interaction (comments, subscriptions, shares, etc) so it's best to not rock the boat if you're trying to keep your channel from getting banned.
      It wouldn't be too hard to fake all of those things though and that's what more and more people are doing. Sure, 100000 views but no comments is odd, unless comments are turned off. But what's to stop people from just buying comments as well to make it look more natural...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9219094].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savyeman
    I don't know if you are aware you don't have to buy illegal Youtube views from sites and others. Illegal views can get you ban.

    You can buy views directly from Youtube Trueview Ads and you will be safe and your video will thrive...

    Advertise - Redirecting - YouTube


    Originally Posted by accendo View Post

    OK, I have seen people selling views on Youtube here and on other forums. I get it. A person like myself may want to purchase views to try to bolster their Partner application. I understand that you want to make sure they are real people and not bots (of course how do you know a seller has real people or a bot). But, the elephant in the room is whether this is against the TOS.

    Vagex seems different to me because people are actually watching the video, but I just signed up for the trial and views trickle 1-3 a day. I am not sure I see value in buying a subscription at that rate.

    I obviously do not want any of my YouTube channels banned. So, what's the truth.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9267886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cherbeat
    Paying for views is how a lot of these videos go viral. You can put your video on Traffic exchange sites(for free) and use a few services that will help. the biggest issue is the amount of time the people are on your videos. If your paying for views then pay for comments, subscribes and Likes as well. Mix it up and don't overdo it. YouTube will look at views from IP Addresses and things like that to determine if you cheating or not...

    Good Luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9495647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clevelandslim
    The first important thing to know is that buying views for your YouTube videos is not against TOS. YouTube probably doesn’t want you to do this since they want you to promote your videos with their advertising methods. But buying views alone is not likely to get your account banned. You can also buy subscribers to your channel. However, there are definitely some situations where buying YouTube views could violate a contract that you have, such as if you are using Adsense on your videos.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9503717].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anymore
    I have had a number of my Youtube accounts closed down for no reason, other than having many videos on page one of google. I would not buy views. Google will close your account for just about any reason. If you have other youtube accounts, thats fine, but not on your main account.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9506256].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skjaat
    It's violate youtube TOS and youtube user banned from this reason so don't try this method to getting views on videos.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9725538].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics