G+ two accounts, any experience?

13 replies
Hey everybody,

I want to create a second G+ account since it's so different from the niche I am working in right now. Of course, if Google finds out then they'll block the account.

Anyone experience with having two accounts without being caught? Both will contain a picture with me, but it will be different pictures to avoid confusion.

Edit: I was actually meaning two different authorship accounts on two different G+ accounts. Does this change anything to your answers?

Cheers,
FingerPicker
#accounts #experience
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery Moss
    Are you sure they will ban? I'm only asking as many people have multiple Gmail accounts (such as an email for family/personal and one for business) and every account comes with a Youtube account (which requires activation of the Google+ account in order to comment). So, if this is true, many people could be in danger of having their Google accounts shut down.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9034579].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davehayes
      Originally Posted by Jeffery Moss View Post

      Are you sure they will ban? I'm only asking as many people have multiple Gmail accounts (such as an email for family/personal and one for business) and every account comes with a Youtube account (which requires activation of the Google+ account in order to comment). So, if this is true, many people could be in danger of having their Google accounts shut down.

      I have to say, I have mutiple accounts with Google,and not had any trouble, though I work from one only now and what Jeff Says is true. Its the same as with Twitter, you can have multiple accounts there and unless you post 'silly' content, you don't have your account shut down

      Applied education is the difference
      Signature

      Would you like to get paid to get traffic to your website?
      http://trck.me/398308/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9035836].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author FingerPicker
        Thanks Dave and Dylan!

        @Dave: what do you exactly mean by "Applied education is the difference"?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9036026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    FP, where your attention and energy goes, grows, meaning that using 2 accounts will diminish your success through each account. Work 1 niche, make money with it, become successful, then add the second niche to avoid failure and overwhelm. Million dollar advice, from lessons learned....the hard way Or thousands of dollar advice hahaha!
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    Invest in my blogging course to live your wildest dreams through blogging.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9034757].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sociafly
      Google got no rule saying you can only have one account. In fact Google let you have several accounts available, so it's easy to switch between accounts.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9034770].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author FingerPicker
        Hi folks,

        Thanks for your responses. Google does have a policy that people are not allowed to have 2 accounts for G+. They sometimes make exceptions for pen names, though they even give you a hard time then.

        So I'm wondering if there are people who actually succeeded in maintaining two accounts for different businesses :-)

        @ryanbiddulph: Thanks for the suggestion! The niche I'm going into is one I'm more knowledgeable at and where it is easier for me to write. The other will be a small side thing for now..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9035736].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author DylanC
          Originally Posted by FingerPicker View Post

          Hi folks,

          Thanks for your responses. Google does have a policy that people are not allowed to have 2 accounts for G+. They sometimes make exceptions for pen names, though they even give you a hard time then.

          So I'm wondering if there are people who actually succeeded in maintaining two accounts for different businesses :-)

          @ryanbiddulph: Thanks for the suggestion! The niche I'm going into is one I'm more knowledgeable at and where it is easier for me to write. The other will be a small side thing for now..
          No problems at all. Just use a different name if you want to be safe.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9035827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author akash47
    I've had more than one account under the same name and I was absolutely fine. So go ahead and do what you need to do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9036183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author january14n
    Is this true? I haven't read nor experience that kind of situation. I think you are just too worried, I think there is nothing wrong from there.
    Signature
    No Clicking Here - I Repeat No Clicking Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9036197].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FingerPicker
      Hi everyone,

      Thanks for your answers. I'm afraid I haven't expressed myself very well:

      I was actually meaning two different authorship accounts on two different G+ accounts. Does this change anything to your answers?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9036242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rjdoll77
    dont try to make two accounts only make one account and make the google plus page in which you can get the high rankings
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9036276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sarah23
    You can certianly have 2 Google+ accounts.
    I have 3 there.
    Signature
    "Gathering correct information and taking actions will boom your business.
    Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you"

    By My Unsung Guru and Mentor
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9036419].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FingerPicker
      Originally Posted by sarah23 View Post

      You can certianly have 2 Google+ accounts.
      I have 3 there.
      Hi Sarah, do you also have Google authorship on both of them?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9036697].message }}

Trending Topics