Character Encoding Mismatch

by taffie
2 replies
  • |

I want to believe I am not the only experiencing the challenge of having the £ or the copyright symbol displaying as a question mark or rectangular box when inserted using Kompozer, I am using a Mac.

I have tried several things like changing the code in the TextEdit but with no joy.

Suggestions where the Unicode (UTF-8) but I ended up trying many others but non of them worked.

Thank you in advance.
#character #encoding #mismatch
  • Profile picture of the author Carlo Manf
    Hi Taffie. Use £ instead of £ and © instead of ©.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9806546].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author taffie
      Thanks Carlo, I had tried that and it didn't work, however I have now found the solution, and what it is you have to change the the Character Set by going to format then Page Title and Properties, change the to (UTF-8) unfortunately you have to do it for every page it's not something you can do once. And this applies to Kompozer, not sure about other editors.
      Traffic is key as you may know Join others on the same mission as you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9814394].message }}

Trending Topics