Please Tell Me What To improve In My Website

21 replies
  • WEB DESIGN
  • |
Hi guys,
I just want from you to have a look and tell me what do you think.
Thank you so much
News Magazine | Breaking World News Daily | LatestNewsNetwork.com
#improve #website
  • Profile picture of the author Ali Amjad
    I don't think your website is complete? Is it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10876620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mastery1
    I would start capturing email subscribers. Like, if people visit your site, you want to have them get back in the future.

    When you have their email address, you can mail them once in a while when you have some real "breaking news."

    Some of the leading news sites try to get email addresses, some don't. The difference, however, with the leading news sites (like the BBC news, etc.) is that their brand names are so popular, people do remeber that site and will visit by themselves.

    As a less well-know news site, you need a way to have them come back again and again, not just a one-time visit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10876678].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Ali Amjad View Post

    I don't think your website is complete? Is it?
    Yes, that's true. It's still under development. In pagespeedtest I have 89 green score. but I still feel it slow and something is blocking the homepage during loading. Any ideas?

    Originally Posted by Mastery1 View Post

    I would start capturing email subscribers. Like, if people visit your site, you want to have them get back in the future.

    When you have their email address, you can mail them once in a while when you have some real "breaking news."

    Some of the leading news sites try to get email addresses, some don't. The difference, however, with the leading news sites (like the BBC news, etc.) is that their brand names are so popular, people do remeber that site and will visit by themselves.

    As a less well-know news site, you need a way to have them come back again and again, not just a one-time visit.
    Sure, I am working on a newsletter by groups on MailChimp. The most popular categories each will have its own newsletter and subscribers. Also there will be a monthly, weekly or daily subscription. I am thinking to Automate Email templates with list for the latest posts. And some promotional emails.
    What do you think?
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10876779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nadya5
    this is a really good website! I like that it is in white color. easy to read
    Signature

    Media Buyer at Picella Ltd.
    s.: nadyakucherenko_picella

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10876832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chooseyourself
    The site looks good but I must ask...

    What will be your main monetization strategy?

    Will it be Adsense?

    I agree that you should be getting subscribers.

    I see that you say that you're gonna be having different lists for
    different categories.

    Just curious.

    -Phil
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10877114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rankers Paradise
    Looks good....

    Are you just going to monetise with Amazon.

    What news feed are you using for the content?
    Signature

    Love logging my no. 1 Google ranking techniques over at RankersParadise.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10877180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPG19
    Hey there. You are using Sahifa correct? Overall looks ok to start but there is a lot you can improve. Try to break it out with some more blank space, seems to me there is too much text. Fix the top menu. Also focus more on your Brand. Add some custom Banners or some image/illustration about you or your brand and also add a subscribing plugin to get email and build a list. Get rid of the sidebar for the inner pages like the "About" page. Add also an exit intent popup.

    I just checked the site really quickly but you can start here...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10877218].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Nadya5 View Post

    this is a really good website! I like that it is in white color. easy to read
    Thank you Nadya

    Originally Posted by chooseyourself View Post

    The site looks good but I must ask...

    What will be your main monetization strategy?

    Will it be Adsense?

    I agree that you should be getting subscribers.

    I see that you say that you're gonna be having different lists for
    different categories.

    Just curious.

    -Phil
    Yes, I am planning to apply for Adsense. I think it's more suitable to news magazine websites.
    Also some Amazon, Clickbank or CPA banners maybe.
    I will ask here in the forum for advice when it comes to monetization.
    You are welcome Phil

    Originally Posted by Rankers Paradise View Post

    Looks good....

    Are you just going to monetise with Amazon.

    What news feed are you using for the content?
    Not Just amazon, I am currently testing and waiting for Adsense approval.
    News feed I am using: express.co.uk/ cbc.ca/ dailymail.co.uk/ foxnews.com/

    Originally Posted by PPG19 View Post

    Hey there. You are using Sahifa correct? Overall looks ok to start but there is a lot you can improve. Try to break it out with some more blank space, seems to me there is too much text. Fix the top menu. Also focus more on your Brand. Add some custom Banners or some image/illustration about you or your brand and also add a subscribing plugin to get email and build a list. Get rid of the sidebar for the inner pages like the "About" page. Add also an exit intent popup.

    I just checked the site really quickly but you can start here...
    Yes correct, I use Sahifa theme.
    Thanx PPG19 for these advises. I don't know how exactly should I add some blank space. Between some rows and columns? What if I add some advertisement to break out the text density?
    For top menu, what should I do to make it more comfortable for users?
    About us page: Added to checklist
    I am currently working on MailChimp integration to capture subscribers by groups for different categories/niches.
    I already set up Clickbank ads in some categories and tried to show relevant ads to category/archive or posts. Example: travel, home and garden, entertainment, diets..
    Thank you so much
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10877248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author foreveryoung94
    Hi there,

    Pretty good website!

    Agree with the others regarding monetization but just wanted to comment on the user experience a little bit:

    - Immediately looks too busy for mind. I would want the big cover story as the first thing I see instead of looking at the 5 different stories you have now (in this case, would put the Trump story first as a large picture)

    - You don't want the navigation bar to break over two lines like that. I think it makes it look a little bit amateur and too busy again.

    - I understand why it's broken up into tabs like that but you might want to think about a more consistent user experience for your different categories. Business, Technology science, Health News, etc get headers that clearly tell the reader what the category is about but a lot of the others don't.

    Good start, just some things to consider.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10877526].message }}
  • Originally Posted by foreveryoung94 View Post

    Hi there,

    Pretty good website!

    Agree with the others regarding monetization but just wanted to comment on the user experience a little bit:

    - Immediately looks too busy for mind. I would want the big cover story as the first thing I see instead of looking at the 5 different stories you have now (in this case, would put the Trump story first as a large picture)

    - You don't want the navigation bar to break over two lines like that. I think it makes it look a little bit amateur and too busy again.

    - I understand why it's broken up into tabs like that but you might want to think about a more consistent user experience for your different categories. Business, Technology science, Health News, etc get headers that clearly tell the reader what the category is about but a lot of the others don't.

    Good start, just some things to consider.
    Thank you foreveryoung94, I made some modifications as you advised me, please take a look and tell me what do you think. thank you very much

    Originally Posted by Harshitaverma View Post

    I really like this site, user friendly and content on the website is very easy to read
    Thanx Harshitaverma for your review. cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10879325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author huylee101
    Your website image need long time to loading.

    I think you should using lazy load.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10879406].message }}
  • UPDATE: Adsense didn't approve my site


    Your AdSense application status

    As mentioned in our welcome email, we conduct a second review of your AdSense application once AdSense code is placed on your site(s). As a result of this review, we have disapproved your account for the following violation(s):

    We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below

    Insufficient content: To be approved for AdSense and show relevant ads on your site, your pages need to have enough text on them for our specialists to review and for our crawler to be able to determine what your pages are about.

    To resolve this issue, please work through the following suggestions:

    Make sure that your pages have sufficient text - websites that contain mostly images, videos or Flash animations will not be approved.
    Your content should contain complete sentences and paragraphs, not only headlines.
    Ensure that your website is fully built and launched before you apply for AdSense - do not apply while your sites still in a beta or under construction phase or only consists of a website template.
    Place the ad code on a live page of your website. It does not have to be the main page, but test pages that are empty except for the AdSense ad code will not be approved.
    Provide a clear navigation system for your visitors so that they can easily find all of the sections and pages of your website.
    I am a bit confused, I don't know what mistake I made before applying for Adsense!
    • Insufficient content!
    ; Site has more than 4000 posts, curated but with link to original source.
    • Clear navigation system:!
    I think the menu and categories are organised don't you think?

    What should I consider next time before applying to Adsense please?
    For the moment I use Chitika, but their ads are not relevant to the content most of times.
    Thanx guys
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10897793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Haggy
    Seriously, how did you get all the news on your website? You got to read everything? How are you going to manage the content regularly?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10898738].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Haggy View Post

      Seriously, how did you get all the news on your website? You got to read everything? How are you going to manage the content regularly?
      Hi Haggy; It's a news aggregation website, it automatically curate selected news from some categories, reorganize and publish them. Sources like : (Express.co.uk/ CBC.ca/ Dailymail.co.uk/ Foxnews.com/ ..) No I didn't read all the posts, it's configured to parse specific HTML content and post it automatically for each post.
      Thanx
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10901120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWaters
    The banner that is top center (Amazon) is a distraction and the first thing you see. IMO it is a turn off. I would remove and have your content video closer to the top. Also - figure out a way to capture emails and build a list.
    Signature
    How I really Make Money With Amazon

    Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10898761].message }}
    • Originally Posted by DWaters View Post

      The banner that is top center (Amazon) is a distraction and the first thing you see. IMO it is a turn off. I would remove and have your content video closer to the top. Also - figure out a way to capture emails and build a list.
      Thanx DWaters for your suggestion,
      I changed the AMAZON banner to the top header area. What do you think now?. Also, I moved the videos section to the top just after the slider . For the Emails, I am currently working on MailChimp to create groups for each category. For example, politics, travel, fashion, sports, books, etc..
      It's a hard work, each category (and sub-category) has to be different for the way of email capture. forms..
      What do you think about this strategy?
      Thanx
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10901131].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Altered State
    It took like 10 seconds to load the site from my browser...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10926109].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin Legaspi
    Should remake the logo on the "About" page to be an actual 706x114, instead of stretching an image that's actually half the size. (Image quality)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10946683].message }}
  • I am looking to make some customization to the theme design, do you think FIVERR is a good place to hire a good designer?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10988698].message }}
  • I have too many unsubscribes from the newsletter!! don't know why!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11004001].message }}

Trending Topics