10 replies
  • WEB DESIGN
  • |
For a blogspot blog, I want HTML to be loaded as main then left sidebar then right sidebar.

As of now it is getting loaded as left, right and then main. What can I do to make this change? when I am trying to shift my main on top of left side bar, both the bars are showing up at the bottom of main!

Please help.
#html
  • Profile picture of the author Aronya
    Are you talking about how you want the page to lay out visually? Or are you talking about the order of things in your code? When I followed your link, I see left, main, right.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1326628].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tmtech
      Can you explain this issue a bit more? I'm trying to understand your situation.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1326682].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author geekology
        @Aronya, @ tetech: I am talking about the code at load time... visually it is ok but during load time I want middle column to be loaded first then left column and then right column. So basically I need to move my code around. May be if you see the source code you can find the difference (of if you have firebug with you)... I hope I have made my question clear now...

        Can you tell me what I can do to solve this issue...

        Originally Posted by Aronya View Post

        Are you talking about how you want the page to lay out visually? Or are you talking about the order of things in your code? When I followed your link, I see left, main, right.
        Originally Posted by tmtech View Post

        Can you explain this issue a bit more? I'm trying to understand your situation.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1329602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aronya
    This is what I hear you saying: I want the middle part of the page to be displayed first. Then, I want the left column to be displayed, followed by the right column. If that's correct, I don't think it can be done as a single page. Maybe with the columns set up as popups or something, with timers, but... I don't think so.

    What WOULD work is 3 different pages, showing the progression you want, with timed redirects on the first 2. But I don't think you'd like the effect.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1329845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author geekology
    Perhaps you still didn't get my question . It is not complicated as you are thinking, just that I am not able to figure this out in blogspot theme.

    This is what is in my template currently:

    <body>
    <left>
    <right>
    <main>
    </body>

    I want it to be

    <body>
    <main>
    <left>
    <right>
    </body>

    When I try to do this, my layout is getting distorted. Any help? I hope I made my question clear now?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1332281].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jay-z
      Originally Posted by geekology View Post

      Perhaps you still didn't get my question . It is not complicated as you are thinking, just that I am not able to figure this out in blogspot theme.

      This is what is in my template currently:

      <body>
      <left>
      <right>
      <main>
      </body>

      I want it to be

      <body>
      <main>
      <left>
      <right>
      </body>

      When I try to do this, my layout is getting distorted. Any help? I hope I made my question clear now?
      Easy. Follow these steps: -

      1. Create a div id call Left_box (or any name you want)
      2. Set Left_box to float to the left, set the width, padding, etc.
      3. Set main to float right
      4. Set left to float left
      5. Set right to float right
      6. Put these codes together: -
      <div id="left_box">
      <div class="main"></div>
      <div class="left"></div>
      </div>

      <div class="right"></div>

      You may want to group both left_box and right into another div with width set.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1332377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warriordave
    I think this is something to do with the CSS file of the template, try modifying the values or you can add

    <div style="float:left"></div>

    or float:right for the matter and see if it works.
    Signature

    newbie here, is this offer any good? need feedback before i go ahead..... cheers. google sniper

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1333613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aronya
    If it displays properly with:

    <body>
    <left>
    <right>
    <main>
    </body>

    Why do you feel the need to change it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1333836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author geekology
    I m ready to pay if someone can make this working. Please PM me!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1335792].message }}

Trending Topics