13 replies
  • WEB DESIGN
  • |
Hey everyone,

If you could, please check out my website. It's been up for some time and I feel as if the design is causing my issue with conversions and receiving traffic.

Make-Me-Famous - Becoming famous made easy!

Warm Regards,
Disruption
#feedback #website
  • Profile picture of the author Bemmax50
    In terms of design, your header menu can use a better font type and size. Also make the menu stand out more. It is not bright enough. I mean the fonts and background contrast ratio not good.

    Other than that You might need some testimonial on the website; your satisfied customers to show that people have actually used your services and liked it. So if you have say 8 profiles of satisfied customers on the front page it can help to convince other people landing on your site for the first time to try your services. (Monkey see monkey do, kind of thing); but when they see no sign of success anywhere on the page, they just leave. Put something there to tell the potential customers that IT WORKS. Last but not the least make sure you have targeted the right keywords for people to find your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9255125].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Disruption
      Originally Posted by Bemmax50 View Post

      In terms of design, your header menu can use a better font type and size. Also make the menu stand out more. It is not bright enough. I mean the fonts and background contrast ratio not good.

      Other than that You might need some testimonial on the website; your satisfied customers to show that people have actually used your services and liked it. So if you have say 8 profiles of satisfied customers on the front page it can help to convince other people landing on your site for the first time to try your services. (Monkey see monkey do, kind of thing); but when they see no sign of success anywhere on the page, they just leave. Put something there to tell the potential customers that IT WORKS. Last but not the least make sure you have targeted the right keywords for people to find your site.
      Hi Bemmax,

      What is the contrast issue you see if you don't mind me asking. Also, do you believe adding the testimonials would make the page rather "long"? Would it be better to add a page for testimonials.

      Also, I haven't done keywords yet as I'm still trying to understand IM and building keywords/backlinks.

      Warm Regards,
      Disruption
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9255185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author harkon
    The elements in the footer are not properly aligned with each other and with the content above.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9255268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Killian
    You graphics or social icon's over power everything on the site. Why so big? Then your sales text is so small. Needs to be the other way around. The header/log (blue band) is taking up WAY to much prime real estate.

    Most important, you don't tell what your about, only why to use your service. How about telling people what your service is and then why it's do good? Even the text under the "why" is SO small and hard to read.

    Very little selling of your service, for the few that might even be able to figure it out.

    The above is the big reasons why you have low conversions and traffic.

    [EDIT]

    I saw the video and while it does help explain your service, you can't rely on that complete to explain or sell your service. You need copy text as well. Plus your video is from youtube. So while I am watching it, google ads pop up. Sorry, just doesn't look professional.

    Also noticed, the social graphics (way to big ones at the begging), are going to make most visitors think it's just links to your social accounts. That's exactly what I thought. Least change it so it has like "click here for facebook marketing service details". Well, something like that.

    I agree to, that you need testimonials. This type of service is often scammy, or has poor results. Those in the know, need some proof your providing a working service. It wouldn't hurt to have a separate testimonials page, but you should have some of your best ones on the main page. That along with some sales copy, should be ABOVE the services links.
    Signature
    PLR Affiliate Program Has Launched! Easily Promote Over 5,000 PLR and MRR Products.

    Largest Selection of PLR Articles on the Planet! PLR Ebooks, PLR Video, PLR Websites and more with Private Label Rights
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9255729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HA-Dave
    I would recommend putting the video higher, possibly next to the banner logo. And it feels like there's too much blank/white space. I think it could help if you could maybe fill it with design/wider margins, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9257957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SittinPerty
    I Like your site!! but just like they said I was like Whaaaa? your main Logo ( Make-Me-Famous) is way too small..should be a little over double the size it is now! And all the Icons for Social Media I think are a decent sizing maybe a bit smaller but not too small. And YES!!! no where at all on your landing page did I know what you were about until I found the video!!! ALL the way at the bottom. I must say I did really like the video a lot very clever, although it still didn't tell me everything I wanted to know. It left me wanting to know a little more and quess what? you really didn't have any info Maybe you can auto start the video when the page loads at the top. That might help explain what your about a bit and add some extra info and a few testimonials on the side or bottom.. other than that nice site! Good Luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9258287].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ron Killian
      Originally Posted by SittinPerty View Post

      I Like your site!! but just like they said I was like Whaaaa? your main Logo ( Make-Me-Famous) is way too small..should be a little over double the size it is now! And all the Icons for Social Media I think are a decent sizing maybe a bit smaller but not too small. And YES!!! no where at all on your landing page did I know what you were about until I found the video!!! ALL the way at the bottom. I must say I did really like the video a lot very clever, although it still didn't tell me everything I wanted to know. It left me wanting to know a little more and quess what? you really didn't have any info Maybe you can auto start the video when the page loads at the top. That might help explain what your about a bit and add some extra info and a few testimonials on the side or bottom.. other than that nice site! Good Luck!
      Why should the logo be even bigger? It already takes up to much "selling" space. He wants to sell his services and the logo does not do that. Same for the social icons, they don't help sell the services and again, are taking up precious sell space.
      Signature
      PLR Affiliate Program Has Launched! Easily Promote Over 5,000 PLR and MRR Products.

      Largest Selection of PLR Articles on the Planet! PLR Ebooks, PLR Video, PLR Websites and more with Private Label Rights
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9259247].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Disruption
        Ron's help has greatly enhanced my idea spectrum and I've been developing a whole new site theme thanks to his awesome advice.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9265140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Disruption
    I like the feedback I'm hearing. My issue is my provider only allows me a site builder. I think I should switch to something different. Unless I can find a way to work with what I have.

    I've added some of the changes already.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9259101].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SittinPerty
      If I were you I would Replace the ( Welcome to Make-Me-Famous.org ) with something like.... ( What We Are About ) its kind of obvious they are already at Make-Me-Famous.org so you want to lead them to the video below.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9259209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 89camaro
    Design looks okay. Work on the header and make the links pop out more. I hardly noticed a menu there.
    Signature

    Professional Designer with 8 years experience. I enjoy what I do! See for yourself. http://michaeltinnin.deviantart.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9265710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Beck800
    The website looks great, however you need to make the images smaller. They look much too big and area slowing your website down.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9266010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J35A8
    Originally Posted by Disruption View Post

    Hey everyone,

    If you could, please check out my website. It's been up for some time and I feel as if the design is causing my issue with conversions and receiving traffic.

    Make-Me-Famous - Becoming famous made easy!

    Warm Regards,
    Disruption
    I'd recommend redesigning your webpage. If your planning on monetizing off this and/or any other webpage you plan on creating, I suggest purchasing OptimizePress or some other similar sales page software for wordpress. It definitely will help you make a decent sales page and allow your customers to recognize you as a legitimate business. Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9266095].message }}

Trending Topics