Here's a simple scenario:
- User comes to the site.
- Likes content, subscribes to newsletter, or freebie, etc.
- To increase signups, just 1 field is asked - email.
- Now, the user is in a follow up sequence.
- Somewhere down the line, the user is brought to another awesome piece of content, and this time, a small form asks for just his first name.
- This is added to the same list/segment/profile he is in.
- With this, the next time he can receive "Hi John" kinda personal greetings.
THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY POPULAR AUTORESPONDERS!
Is it me or is this asking too much!?
Have tried with mailchimp, aweber, getresponse, constant contact, arpreach, none of them can update contacts this way.
For those who have this feature, they ask the USER to "edit their profile" and have them click gazillion links! (If we wanted that, why wouldn't we just ask them the info in the first place!! )