The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines social media as
|"forms of electronic communication (such as websites for social networking and microblogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content (such as videos)."|
- Bulletin Board Systems
- Internet Relay Chat, Instant Messaging, And Chat Rooms
- The First Social Networks
- The Birth Of Social Blogging
- From Social Dating To Social Gaming
- The Rise Of Today's Most Popular Social Platforms
What about you? Anything to add, or did the author get something wrong?
After all, we've come a long, long way since bulletin boards. What functionalities and features do you think have most revolutionized social media and marketing over the years?