which hosting service can easily get sales?

18 replies
Think of promoting one hosting company...

which easily to get sales
#easily #hosting #sales #service
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    I don't know of any that easily get sales.

    Competition in the hosting space is fierce. It will take smart promotion and a targeted audience.

    And of course, work on your part.

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9837896].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
    Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

    Think of promoting one hosting company...

    which easily to get sales
    The better idea would be to promote a company that you actually use.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9837927].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Personally, I would promote (if any) one I'm using myself.

      I would also (through not wanting to damage any of my subscribers' business prospects) avoid promoting any hosting company owned by EIG, as well as GoDaddy, and 1and1. For all the reasons explained in all the ever-increasing number of threads like this one: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post9836245 .

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9837971].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TomVa
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        Personally, I would promote (if any) one I'm using myself.

        I would also (through not wanting to damage any of my subscribers' business prospects) avoid promoting any hosting company owned by EIG, as well as GoDaddy, and 1and1. For all the reasons explained in all the ever-increasing number of threads like this one: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post9836245 .

        .
        Could NOT agree more. Btw I have always loved following your post. Ya one smart lady. ~
        Signature

        Do you need stable WEBHOSTING? https://hpthost.com HEY folks, for a limited time get the first month of service For only $0.01 That's 1 cents. At checkout use coupon code 1cent. This is only for web hosting, and only applies to the monthly services.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9837995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Borja Obeso
    Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

    Think of promoting one hosting company...

    which easily to get sales
    People like pat flynn, john chow, shoemoney, john dumas, dale partridge and chris ducker promote bluehost and hostgator. I promote hostgator.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9837967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author QueenMelanie
    Godaddy have loads of affiliate banners and different offers for affiliates.. Godaddy affiliate is via commision junction..

    They are also the most widely known and have that trust factor among novice internet users..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9837998].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author online only
    I've been promoting different hosting companies for 2+ years now and I've tried many different companies to promote... It all depends on what is YOUR goal and what kind of deal are you able to negotiate with your affiliate manager.

    1) Do you want to make a lot of leads?
    2) Do you want to make a lot of money?
    3) Do you want to suggest a GOOD hosting company?

    I'll go ahead and assume your main goal is to make money rather than getting a good volume and/or suggesting reputable hosting company. Here's what I've found out:
    • Bluehost - Converts probably the best as it has the option to pay on a monthly basis + it's a mainstream brand along many bloggers. They don't pay for refunds and non-active accounts, plus they have 90 (or was it 30) days claw back which means that if the customer refunds after X days you'll need to pay back from your affiliate commissions. CPA is anywhere between $80-$150 depending on your lead volume.
    • Web Hosting Hub - As far as I know they pay for inactive accounts too. CPA can range from $100 to $175 depending your volume. Conversion rate is decent, but they verify clients via phone. They have a great TOS for affiliates.
    • iPage - Probably the most poor hosting (owned by EIG = hostgator, bluehost, ipage, fatcow etc), but their CPA can go anywhere between $150 to $200. Conversion rate is decent and they hosting packages start from $2 - so it's pretty cheap for the buyer.
    • Hostgator - Very similar TOS to Bluehost, but converts really well. Doesn't have a great affiliate policy, though.
    • Siteground - Worth checking into, but again they have this inactive/active policy in their TOS which you cannot track via their affiliate panel. You can never be sure if they are scrubbing or not. CPA from $50 to $150.
    • Dreamhost - Trial option which probably attracts a lot of signups, low refund % rate, they just made a huge redesign - worth checking into. The downside is low CPA.

    There are actually A LOT more hosting companies to check into, but I only listed the ones that I've had some success with.

    In case you are a beginner and your volume is none/low, then it's worth to sign up with Web Hosting Hub as they have the most affiliate friendly TOS I've seen so far.

    If you are already driving a steady amount of leads then you can try iPage & Bluehost.

    Here are couple of things you should ask affiliate managers before you start promoting them.

    1) What kind of CPA would you be able to provide me if I drive X leads per month to your hosting company?
    2) What is you refund policy? Do I get paid for the leads that refund after X days?
    3) What about your inactive/active accounts policy? What if I refer a customer who pays ONE year upfront, but doesn't stay active (i.e doesn't install anything on their domain/hosting)? Do I get paid from them?
    4) Would you be able to provide me a custom landing page? (This helps a lot in conversions)
    5) Would you be able to set up twice a month wire transfers (Optional).

    Hope that helps you to find a hosting company to promote
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9838002].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      Originally Posted by online only View Post

      I've been promoting different hosting companies for 2+ years now and I've tried many different companies to promote... It all depends on what is YOUR goal and what kind of deal are you able to negotiate with your affiliate manager.

      1) Do you want to make a lot of leads?
      2) Do you want to make a lot of money?
      3) Do you want to suggest a GOOD hosting company?

      I'll go ahead and assume your main goal is to make money rather than getting a good volume and/or suggesting reputable hosting company. Here's what I've found out:
      • Bluehost - Converts probably the best as it has the option to pay on a monthly basis + it's a mainstream brand along many bloggers. They don't pay for refunds and non-active accounts, plus they have 90 (or was it 30) days claw back which means that if the customer refunds after X days you'll need to pay back from your affiliate commissions. CPA is anywhere between $80-$150 depending on your lead volume.
      • Web Hosting Hub - As far as I know they pay for inactive accounts too. CPA can range from $100 to $175 depending your volume. Conversion rate is decent, but they verify clients via phone. They have a great TOS for affiliates.
      • iPage - Probably the most poor hosting (owned by EIG = hostgator, bluehost, ipage, fatcow etc), but their CPA can go anywhere between $150 to $200. Conversion rate is decent and they hosting packages start from $2 - so it's pretty cheap for the buyer.
      • Hostgator - Very similar TOS to Bluehost, but converts really well. Doesn't have a great affiliate policy, though.
      • Siteground - Worth checking into, but again they have this inactive/active policy in their TOS which you cannot track via their affiliate panel. You can never be sure if they are scrubbing or not. CPA from $50 to $150.
      • Dreamhost - Trial option which probably attracts a lot of signups, low refund % rate, they just made a huge redesign - worth checking into. The downside is low CPA.

      There are actually A LOT more hosting companies to check into, but I only listed the ones that I've had some success with.

      In case you are a beginner and your volume is none/low, then it's worth to sign up with Web Hosting Hub as they have the most affiliate friendly TOS I've seen so far.

      If you are already driving a steady amount of leads then go can try iPage & Bluehost.

      Here are couple of things you should ask affiliate managers before you start promoting them.

      1) What kind of CPA would you be able to provide me if I drive X leads per month to your hosting company?
      2) What is you refund policy? Do I get paid for the leads that refund after X days?
      3) What about your inactive/active accounts policy? What I refer a customer who pays ONE year upfront, but doesn't stay active (i.e doesn't install anything on their domain/hosting)? Do I get paid fro them?
      4) Would you be able to provide me a custom landing page? (This helps a lot in conversions)
      5) Would you be able to set up a twice a month wire transfers (Optional).

      Hope that helps you to find a hosting company to promote
      actually i using site ground and promoting it.
      so far never get any sales
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9838027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mazzuca
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9838421].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quinng123
    The best way to sell hosting is not to actually just sell hosting, but by upselling a package.

    Sell them hosting with along with a free website, video tutorials on how to generate traffic, backlinks etc.

    I personally don't believe there is a hosting company that is so superior that it will help you boost sales, however there are some that have consistent cheap deals that might be more appealing for the first time buyer.

    Also stay away from networksolutions.com and register.com they will spam the crap our of the people you are trying to promote the product to.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9839273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slade556
    quinng123 is right about upselling a package. Hosting services are a dime a dozen, but if you can bundle with it even a generic report on how to drive visitors your sales will increase dramatically. Tip for you: If you make videos at all, just making a video of the sign up process (via Camtasia or another screen recorder) of the hosting you are promoting will spike your sales. If you show people how it is done, even if it is just a sign up, people are more likely to purchase.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9839461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Russell Shor
    I use hostgator and really like them. I don't promote hosting co's but if I did it would be hostgator.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9839690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Affiliatebuddy
    for novice users.. You should promote Godaddy for best conversion because of their brand.

    For experts, you should promote bluehost or hostgator.com however i see lot of complaints for hostgator non payment.
    Signature
    Web Design Leads Exclusive/Daily/100+ . Free Test. PM or Skype: premiumwebdesignleads
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9839701].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author online only
      Originally Posted by Affiliatebuddy View Post

      for novice users.. You should promote Godaddy for best conversion because of their brand.

      For experts, you should promote bluehost or hostgator.com however i see lot of complaints for hostgator non payment.
      GoDaddy is indeed one of the best converting hosting/domain registrar amoing beginners, but they pay pennies for their affiliates
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9839784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Affiliatebuddy
    Godaddy pays comparative amount as affiliate commission. Check via CJ.
    Signature
    Web Design Leads Exclusive/Daily/100+ . Free Test. PM or Skype: premiumwebdesignleads
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9839802].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Threads like this are both distressing and depressing (for all that they're far from atypical).

      There are posts from one or two people like Online Only, who does this as part of his living, has extensive experience with it, and is known in these parts as a longstanding, highly successful and respected internet marketer ... and then there are a whole series of one-line posts from people with almost no idea at all what they're talking about. What never fails to surprise me is that some people are apparently unable to distinguish between the two.


      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9840059].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author quadagon
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        Threads like this are both distressing and depressing (for all that they're far from atypical).

        There are posts from one or two people like Online Only, who does this as part of his living, has extensive experience with it, and is known in these parts as a longstanding, highly successful and respected internet marketer ... and then there are a whole series of one-line posts from people with almost no idea at all what they're talking about. What never fails to surprise me is that some people are apparently unable to distinguish between the two.


        .
        I think the random one line posting that adds nothing to a thread, simply repeating what's already been said or talking jibberish so that you can sigbomb a thread is the raison d'etre for most posters.

        To the point in hand I promote ipage mainly because after trying various hosting companies they are the one that converts best. They have a host of extras which I've built my offering around. I know there are horror stories about them but as a host and an affiliate I have had no issues.

        If you are driving decent traffic you might want want to consider become a reseller. Look at the earlier example of hosting vs commission payout. Its possible because they know the lifetime value of a customer. $100 a sale may be niche but $8 a month for x amount of years is much more.

        As a host you also get the chance for upsells and develop a funnel that keeps on lining your pockets
        Signature
        I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9840310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author phoenixseo
    I would suggest hostgator.I am promoting it with a decent conversion rate.
    Signature
    Do you want 100-500 visitors per day to your website?Try this...

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warriors...s-service.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9840140].message }}

Trending Topics