The best time to post a thread to ask for IM help

28 replies
I posted a thread a week or two ago asking for advice regarding marketing my book & ebook in
===>> this thread <<===

I received a great initial response from experienced forum members giving me some great advice over last weekend and I was able to take action and implement many new things revealed to me in that thread.

Then in this week I asked another question on the same, what seemed to be a somewhat 'hot thread' last weekend, and got absolutely no response at all to my last question I asked.

Do you also feel that this forum is more active weekends for asking for help (Advice) and warrior forum members are too busy to help out during the week?
#post #thread #time
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    Sheldon

    I think you have answered you own question with what you wrote and people now don't reply to same questions any more , I am sure if you do a search you will find why.

    "Then in this week I asked another question on the same, what seemed to be a somewhat 'hot thread' last weekend, and got absolutely no response at all to my last question I asked."

    RW
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10136996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    I think that partly it has nothing to do with timing but a lot to do with the reputation you've gotten here - at least in some of our eyes.

    You started out talking about how people could make thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars overnight - from scratch.

    You advertise a get rich quick book on Amazon that includes info on selling books fast online.

    You have a book called how to make your first 100 million dollars. 100 MILLION dollars.

    Yet you need our help generating sales quickly for your book?

    YOU should be helping us. Most of us haven't made our first $100,000,000 yet. Apparently you have. Or you are a liar/fake.

    If you are that rich maybe people feel like they will never match up to your wisdom so they don't dare to answer your questions. If you are a fake/liar then maybe people don't want to help feed the lie. Either way, it's kind of a tough situation to be in.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10137009].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      You posted your view of forum marketing a couple months ago...

      Forum posting is mostly for giving people free advice to help them out, while you establish yourself as an authority with the free advice you give in that niche forum.
      You won't find buyers immediately anyway with forum posting, but it does make you look like an expert in your niche when you leave valuable information that help fellow forum members get results.
      You've posted advice to people asking about promoting their ebooks - not "you could try this" but "this is how you need to do it". You've gotten your back up several times when other members questioned the advice you gave. Are you following your own "promotion" advice?

      Your book was launched on Amazon on June 15? Who pays $37 for a paperback book by an unknown author? The 2.99 Kindle price is in line with other 'make money online' books - but you have NO reviews and your "about the author" is more about "how hard I work" than about "the money I can help you earn". Why wasn't getting reviews part of your launch strategy???

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...al-videos.html
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog.
      ***
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10137322].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aire
      Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

      I think that partly it has nothing to do with timing but a lot to do with the reputation you've gotten here - at least in some of our eyes.

      You started out talking about how people could make thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars overnight - from scratch.

      You advertise a get rich quick book on Amazon that includes info on selling books fast online.

      You have a book called how to make your first 100 million dollars. 100 MILLION dollars.

      Yet you need our help generating sales quickly for your book?

      YOU should be helping us. Most of us haven't made our first $100,000,000 yet. Apparently you have. Or you are a liar/fake.

      If you are that rich maybe people feel like they will never match up to your wisdom so they don't dare to answer your questions. If you are a fake/liar then maybe people don't want to help feed the lie. Either way, it's kind of a tough situation to be in.

      Mark

      That sums it up.

      People sell how to make 100 M ebook then ask for how to get traffic help LOL or got their first sale... smh.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10137651].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

      I think that partly it has nothing to do with timing but a lot to do with the reputation you've gotten here - at least in some of our eyes.

      You started out talking about how people could make thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars overnight - from scratch.

      You advertise a get rich quick book on Amazon that includes info on selling books fast online.

      You have a book called how to make your first 100 million dollars. 100 MILLION dollars.

      Yet you need our help generating sales quickly for your book?

      YOU should be helping us. Most of us haven't made our first $100,000,000 yet. Apparently you have. Or you are a liar/fake.

      If you are that rich maybe people feel like they will never match up to your wisdom so they don't dare to answer your questions. If you are a fake/liar then maybe people don't want to help feed the lie. Either way, it's kind of a tough situation to be in.

      Mark
      To quote Fred Gleeck

      "A great headline will make an unbelievable claim. This creates an
      immediate visceral reaction by a media person. Some may think you
      are full of it. Others will want to expose you as a fraud. Whatever
      happens, they will react. Not like most of the press releases they see.
      Most produce no reaction whatsoever which becomes the kiss of
      death.

      When you write your headline, make an unbelievable claim that
      you can prove. If you can't prove the outrageous claim you made,
      you're dead. And you will never get the media's attention again.
      You'll be branded a liar. No second chance."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10143141].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
        It's good that you try to follow people's advice. It's bad that apparently you only read the first paragraph. What you apparently missed was this part:

        When you write your headline, make an unbelievable claim that
        you can prove. If you can't prove the outrageous claim you made,
        you're dead. And you will never get the media's attention again.
        You'll be branded a liar. No second chance.
        Pay attention to the last two sentences.

        I try to help, where and how I can, people I don't know almost every day here. Maybe it's a little tip or something that may encourage them or a warning about something I learned the hard way. I try to be fair and give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

        But when we get people that, for example, have signatures touting how rich they are from all the traffic they are getting but they here are asking us how to get traffic, I immediately - rightly or wrongly - write them off as a "fraud/faker."

        You come across that way. I may be totally off base and I may be wrong about how many millions you are raking in. But my BS meter is pretty in tune I think.

        So here is my helpful tip for you: If you are going to be bold and unbelievable go for it. But you must NEVER let your guard down. You must never claim you are raking it in and then ask a question or make a false statement that would prove you are a liar. You must be diligent in showing how rich you are. For example, you need to get off Blogger and until you do, most people will know you are a faker.

        So which is it? You want to come clean, rebuild relationships here, get a little humble about what you know and don't know and be part of the community? Or do you want to keep up the act while still wondering why no one is answering your questions?

        Mark

        Originally Posted by Internet Trillionaire View Post

        To quote Fred Gleeck

        "A great headline will make an unbelievable claim. This creates an
        immediate visceral reaction by a media person. Some may think you
        are full of it. Others will want to expose you as a fraud. Whatever
        happens, they will react. Not like most of the press releases they see.
        Most produce no reaction whatsoever which becomes the kiss of
        death.

        When you write your headline, make an unbelievable claim that
        you can prove. If you can't prove the outrageous claim you made,
        you're dead. And you will never get the media's attention again.
        You'll be branded a liar. No second chance."
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10143149].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
        Originally Posted by Internet Trillionaire View Post

        To quote Fred Gleeck
        Fred Gleeck???

        Have I been living under a rock?
        Is he still around or did you dredge up some old ebook that he published in '05?
        Signature

        Sid Hale
        Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10143338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marked09
    It has nothing to do with the timing, it depends on the question if it is relevant to the people lurking around the forum.

    For example:

    If you ask for a general newbie question, intermediate and above marketers can answer your questions and get a lot of response.

    On the other hand if you ask a specific question such as SEO related then only SEO experts can answer those question.


    This is the reason why newbie question such as "How to make your first dollar" becomes a hot thread in the forum since everyone has a say when it comes to those kinds of questions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10137368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    This guy is a classic example of the "Fake It Till You Make It" mentality.... Selling the dream when you are living the lie...
    I'm making millions online yet my personal blog is hosted with Blogspot?

    Your reputation is extremely important if you want people to trust you, once that is gone it's almost impossible to get it back...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10137438].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      This guy is a classic example of the "Fake It Till You Make It"
      No,
      He's never going to make it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10137646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
    I want to learn how to make my first 100 Million online - how long till I get to that status like you, Sheldon?
    Signature

    Too lazy to write something clever here, so check out my marketing blog and learn from a REAL Super Affiliate at JeffLenney.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10137649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
    Ooooh man - got some neosporan?
    Signature

    Too lazy to write something clever here, so check out my marketing blog and learn from a REAL Super Affiliate at JeffLenney.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10144243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Give it up Sheldon, you've been busted and the best thing you can do now is to try and repair the damage... Being belligerent and combative is not going to help your cause...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10144429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    Awesome thread lol. Not because of the original post, but because of all the great replies of people accurately calling out the OP.

    I had an interesting "discussion" with him in another thread and glad I'm not the only one who noticed his shenanigans.

    Anyone in the forum "posing" like this guy can learn a lot of what not to do by reading this thread.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10144766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by Internet Trillionaire View Post

    Do you also feel that this forum is more active weekends for asking for help (Advice) and warrior forum members are too busy to help out during the week?
    Doesn't matter. You have a profile image that says "make money online fast", and your sig represents the same thing. Why would you be asking us simple questions in the thread you linked to (and this one), if you *already* know how to make money online fast? The reputation factor here on the forum is real.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10144902].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      Doesn't matter. You have a profile image that says "make money online fast", and your sig represents the same thing. Why would you be asking us simple questions in the thread you linked to (and this one), if you *already* know how to make money online fast? The reputation factor here on the forum is real.

      Lets not forget the most obvious of all -- the use of the words "Internet Trillionaire" as his username...
      Signature

      "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

      Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10145127].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author teddpermana
        I must be create thread like this . Lol
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10145178].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Cali16
          Interesting thread. If it continues I'm gonna get out the popcorn!

          Seriously though, this is a perfect example of how to seriously damage (if not flat out destroy) your reputation on a marketing forum.

          It's also a very good lesson about doing your due diligence before buying anyone's "how to make money" eBook or course.
          Signature
          If you don't face your fears, the only thing you'll ever see is what's in your comfort zone. ~Anne McClain, astronaut
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10145239].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      Doesn't matter. You have a profile image that says "make money online fast", and your sig represents the same thing. Why would you be asking us simple questions in the thread you linked to (and this one), if you *already* know how to make money online fast? The reputation factor here on the forum is real.
      Thanks for your valuable advice Randall, I will take your advice.

      I agree with you 100% and I do take my reputation very seriously.

      A user name is just a user name, and Internet Trillionaire is just my user name in this forum. It's not an income claim, and neither is the book I wrote 'How To Make Your First 100 Million U.S. Dollars'

      The forum members have not read the content in this book, and therefore they will make all sorts of statements about the title without actually reading the book first to give an accurate review of my book.

      That being said, I decided to write this other book 'Make Money Online Fast: The best kept secrets to making money online fast' To clear up the air about the forum members saying I'm claiming to have made $100Million online. Clearly I have never made that claim anywhere, online or offline.

      But these experienced forum members still choose to crucify me in each thread only because of my user name in this forum and the book title 'How To Make Your First 100 Million U.S. Dollars'

      Thanks for showing your concern Randall, and taking the time out to answer my questions on my threads with humility and respect, I really appreciate that about you, when reading your other posts helping other members in this forum.

      This gives me great reason to ask you to please elaborate on the answer you gave me below, because it has been the only really valuable post in the thread I opened on how to sell more books on amazon.com and kindle store.

      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      That $37 amazon price vs $2.99 on kindle is a huge chasm. I wouldn't want anyone to see this lol.

      If you're book is truly worth $37 in printed form, then at least sell it on your website also, and charge $27 for it. But $2.99 will get you nowhere. Plus whether it's Createspace or Kindle.... you DON'T get access to each customers' name and email address for backend marketing.

      So what will you really get out of $2.99 on kindle? I guess the best you can do is to include some links to affiliate products or your own products to try and get more sales.
      I wanted to know, if I do include it as a product for sale on my website for $27, can I sell the source file of this ebook and allow buyers to edit or repurpose the content in the book so they can resell it as their own product?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10153904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnsams364
    I think the Warrior is one of the leading IM forum around the world. Here there are many expert user around the globe. So there is no exact time, when you should make a thread. You can make a thread any time. Thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10145847].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
      Originally Posted by johnsams364 View Post

      I think the Warrior is one of the leading IM forum around the world. Here there are many expert user around the globe. So there is no exact time, when you should make a thread. You can make a thread any time. Thanks.
      BRILLIANT observation - thanks for sharing your insight with us!
      Signature

      Too lazy to write something clever here, so check out my marketing blog and learn from a REAL Super Affiliate at JeffLenney.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10145916].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
        Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post

        BRILLIANT observation - thanks for sharing your insight with us!
        He just created an account and seems to be posting everywhere to boost his count high enough to enable his sig file lol
        Signature

        "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

        Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10145928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ripster
    The reason the forums are more active on weekends is because that's when people are off work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10145930].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andre Slater
    Originally Posted by Internet Trillionaire View Post

    I posted a thread a week or two ago asking for advice regarding marketing my book & ebook in
    ===>> this thread <<===

    I received a great initial response from experienced forum members giving me some great advice over last weekend and I was able to take action and implement many new things revealed to me in that thread.

    Then in this week I asked another question on the same, what seemed to be a somewhat 'hot thread' last weekend, and got absolutely no response at all to my last question I asked.

    Do you also feel that this forum is more active weekends for asking for help (Advice) and warrior forum members are too busy to help out during the week?
    You figured it out...

    Truthfully we are all Robots.

    We only respond to threads with certain frequencies and it has to be the right temperature outside for us to give you a great answer. Also we require oil and new parts to be able to stay active in this forum...

    If you don't catch us at the right time we are in 'sleep' mode.

    Also Internet Trillionaire teach us Robots how you make

    $1,000,000,000,000

    I read from our Robot Mother Google that they will have the First Trillionaire in the next few years I am glad we met you oh great leader.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10154014].message }}

Trending Topics