13 replies
What's the best way to build a sales funnel for a physical product? I operate from the UK so Clickbank won't touch it.

I don't want to use Clickfunnel or Optimaze press because I don't want to build a sale page using their platform. I have an old school Gary Halbert style long copy sales letter which already converts so I don't want to change it.
#adivce #funnel #sales
  • Profile picture of the author Gambino
    Click funnels isn't really about the sales pages, in my opinion. It's about having the ability to quickly and easily funnel your traffic through logical purchasing decisions and "too good to pass up offers."

    That said, I really have no idea what type of advice you're seeking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10941834].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Info-seeker
      Originally Posted by Gambino View Post

      Click funnels isn't really about the sales pages, in my opinion. It's about having the ability to quickly and easily funnel your traffic through logical purchasing decisions and "too good to pass up offers."

      That said, I really have no idea what type of advice you're seeking.

      Exactly that - "too good to pass up offers." ie.Upsells. But I don't want to use a clickfunnels sales page
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10941874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RefuseToLose
    Check out Clickfunnels.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10941836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dburk
    Hi Info-seeker,

    There is no special tool required for setting up a sales funnel, it is just a series of offer pages that link together (i.e. web pages). Just create a landing page that leads to another landing page, and another, and so on, for whatever number of upsells, downsells, or addon offers you want to include in your sales funnel.

    A tool like Clickfunnels is great for visualizing and managing your offer pages, but any ole mind mapping app can work just as well to visualize and organize your sales funnels.

    The other thing that you get in apps like Clickfunnels is the ability to generate Landing pages based on templates. There are many other Landing page builders available besides Clickfunnels, and Clickfunnels is not the best, in my opinion.

    We at my agency prefer Instapage for building landing pages because it has a far superior page editor, best-in-breed in my opinion. We can create new landing page designs from scratch in Instapage faster than it takes to configure a LP template in Clickfunnels, or Unbounce. When you create lots of landing pages the speed of your page editor tool becomes an extremely important element.

    Instapage like all the other popular LP builders has built in templates, and like the other top tier LP builder (Unbounce) you can purchase professionally designed Instapage templates on Themeforest.

    Instapage claims to have a system wide average conversion rate of 25%, which is significant;y higher than other platforms. My experience is that their pages do convert better than average, but a lot will depend upon your sales copy message and targeting, so bare in mind these are averages and your personal results will vary.

    HTH,

    Don Burk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10942455].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Info-seeker
      Originally Posted by dburk View Post

      Hi Info-seeker,

      There is no special tool required for setting up a sales funnel, it is just a series of offer pages that link together (i.e. web pages). Just create a landing page that leads to another landing page, and another, and so on, for whatever number of upsells, downsells, or addon offers you want to include in your sales funnel.

      A tool like Clickfunnels is great for visualizing and managing your offer pages, but any ole mind mapping app can work just as well to visualize and organize your sales funnels.

      The other thing that you get in apps like Clickfunnels is the ability to generate Landing pages based on templates. There are many other Landing page builders available besides Clickfunnels, and Clickfunnels is not the best, in my opinion.

      We at my agency prefer Instapage for building landing pages because it has a far superior page editor, best-in-breed in my opinion. We can create new landing page designs from scratch in Instapage faster than it takes to configure a LP template in Clickfunnels, or Unbounce. When you create lots of landing pages the speed of your page editor tool becomes an extremely important element.

      Instapage like all the other popular LP builders has built in templates, and like the other top tier LP builder (Unbounce) you can purchase professionally designed Instapage templates on Themeforest.

      Instapage claims to have a system wide average conversion rate of 25%, which is significant;y higher than other platforms. My experience is that their pages do convert better than average, but a lot will depend upon your sales copy message and targeting, so bare in mind these are averages and your personal results will vary.

      HTH,

      Don Burk

      Thank you for the detailed response Don - much appreciated.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10945421].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dcbeckster
      Originally Posted by dburk View Post

      Hi Info-seeker,

      There is no special tool required for setting up a sales funnel, it is just a series of offer pages that link together (i.e. web pages). Just create a landing page that leads to another landing page, and another, and so on, for whatever number of upsells, downsells, or addon offers you want to include in your sales funnel.

      A tool like Clickfunnels is great for visualizing and managing your offer pages, but any ole mind mapping app can work just as well to visualize and organize your sales funnels.

      The other thing that you get in apps like Clickfunnels is the ability to generate Landing pages based on templates. There are many other Landing page builders available besides Clickfunnels, and Clickfunnels is not the best, in my opinion.

      We at my agency prefer Instapage for building landing pages because it has a far superior page editor, best-in-breed in my opinion. We can create new landing page designs from scratch in Instapage faster than it takes to configure a LP template in Clickfunnels, or Unbounce. When you create lots of landing pages the speed of your page editor tool becomes an extremely important element.

      Instapage like all the other popular LP builders has built in templates, and like the other top tier LP builder (Unbounce) you can purchase professionally designed Instapage templates on Themeforest.

      Instapage claims to have a system wide average conversion rate of 25%, which is significant;y higher than other platforms. My experience is that their pages do convert better than average, but a lot will depend upon your sales copy message and targeting, so bare in mind these are averages and your personal results will vary.

      HTH,

      Don Burk
      I have to agree with Don Burk in that ClickFunnels is a great tool for not only building funnels but also landing pages and a whole lot more. I use Clickfunnels and I love it. A great tool for any type of online business or marketing.
      Signature

      A powerful and effective way to generate Multiple Sources of Income all in one location designed for serious entrepreneurs! Apply for access by going to: http://triumphantnow.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10947292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PeterComeau
    I think that you are confusing the platform in which to build your sales funnel with the method of monetising it.

    Clickbank doesn't host your sales funnel, it is merely a system for people to purchase your product and get affiliate support.

    With Clickbank or JVZoo you will still need to build and host your sales funnel somewhere.

    OptimizePress is a funnel building software that you incorporate into a Wordpress site on your own domain.

    Clickfunnels will host your sales funnel as well as linking it to a domain name if you wish.

    The reason there are recommendations for Clickfunnels is because it is a very quick way to be up and running.

    I don't know what your objections to OptimizePress or Clickfunnels are, but I'm guessing that it's because of your long form sales letter. Actually there's no reason why you can't use this in either of those platforms. Both will accept the import of HTML pages on a 'clean slate' layout.

    Clickfunnels has a 14 day trial offer, so why not take a look?
    Signature
    Free Home Business Cheatsheet & Video Walkthrough --->
    3 Simple Steps To Build Your Own Home Business Online - Click HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10942458].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Info-seeker
      Originally Posted by PeterComeau View Post

      I think that you are confusing the platform in which to build your sales funnel with the method of monetising it.

      Clickbank doesn't host your sales funnel, it is merely a system for people to purchase your product and get affiliate support.

      With Clickbank or JVZoo you will still need to build and host your sales funnel somewhere.

      OptimizePress is a funnel building software that you incorporate into a Wordpress site on your own domain.

      Clickfunnels will host your sales funnel as well as linking it to a domain name if you wish.

      The reason there are recommendations for Clickfunnels is because it is a very quick way to be up and running.

      I don't know what your objections to OptimizePress or Clickfunnels are, but I'm guessing that it's because of your long form sales letter. Actually there's no reason why you can't use this in either of those platforms. Both will accept the import of HTML pages on a 'clean slate' layout.

      Clickfunnels has a 14 day trial offer, so why not take a look?
      Hi Peter,

      "Both will accept the import of HTML pages on a 'clean slate' layout". - This bit just answered my question - Thank you!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10945425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nish Prasad
    Here are my suggestions:
    1. You can use LeadPages for creating opt-in pages and thankyou pages.
    2. Another good one is Kajabi but it is intended for much more than just building opt-in pages and thankyou pages.
    3. Use videos as well as text based Sales Letter for better conversion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10942691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YourBizAid
    Banned
    I've been building sales funnels for years for our clients. What exactly are you trying to achieve, I mean your goals and I will give you pointers.

    You can have my team of experts develop a great funnel for you if you'd prefer that option.

    Just let me know.

    Ken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10942706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    Originally Posted by Info-seeker View Post

    I don't want to use Clickfunnel or Optimaze press because I don't want to build a sale page using their platform. I have an old school Gary Halbert style long copy sales letter which already converts so I don't want to change it.
    So you already have a converting sales page right?

    You say you don't want to change it.

    Why are you looking around then?

    If you are talking about building out a funnel then it is not really about one sales page or one funnel builder or another but it is more about "What comes next"

    If you have a successful converting sales page for a product what will the purchasers buy next, YES?

    Only you can answer that question.

    If your long-form sales page is converting then all you need to do is offer purchasers something they need next.

    That might be immediately as per an upsell but is might also be what you recommend they try next via an email.

    Either way you need the next piece of the puzzle for your customers.

    It is not the page builder or funnel builder you are looking for.

    If long-form worked for you with product number ONE then all you need to do is send your purchasers to a product number TWO.

    By the way Clickfunnels and Optimize press both work fine for building pages and CF works extremely well for all kinds of funnel building from basic right up to the most complex you can dream up.

    I have some funnels with 3 steps and I think the most I'm up to in one funnel is 25 steps.

    A customer doesn't go through 25 steps at once but they do go through the funnel and arrive at their best position relative to their needs.

    As for Clickbank not selling physical products that is no longer the case. They do.

    But as others have mentioned they don't build funnels or sales sequences. You need to build the sequence and get it approved by Clickbank.

    It doesn't matter what you use.

    You have to build the funnel one way or another.

    One by one

    Step by Step.

    Best regards,

    Ozi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10942789].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Info-seeker
      Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

      So you already have a converting sales page right?

      You say you don't want to change it.

      Why are you looking around then?

      If you are talking about building out a funnel then it is not really about one sales page or one funnel builder or another but it is more about "What comes next"

      If you have a successful converting sales page for a product what will the purchasers buy next, YES?

      Only you can answer that question.

      If your long-form sales page is converting then all you need to do is offer purchasers something they need next.

      That might be immediately as per an upsell but is might also be what you recommend they try next via an email.

      Either way you need the next piece of the puzzle for your customers.

      It is not the page builder or funnel builder you are looking for.

      If long-form worked for you with product number ONE then all you need to do is send your purchasers to a product number TWO.

      By the way Clickfunnels and Optimize press both work fine for building pages and CF works extremely well for all kinds of funnel building from basic right up to the most complex you can dream up.

      I have some funnels with 3 steps and I think the most I'm up to in one funnel is 25 steps.

      A customer doesn't go through 25 steps at once but they do go through the funnel and arrive at their best position relative to their needs.

      As for Clickbank not selling physical products that is no longer the case. They do.

      But as others have mentioned they don't build funnels or sales sequences. You need to build the sequence and get it approved by Clickbank.

      It doesn't matter what you use.

      You have to build the funnel one way or another.

      One by one

      Step by Step.

      Best regards,

      Ozi
      Hey Ozi,

      I probably didn't explain myself that well. I was looking around for a '1 click upsell tool' to sell them product number TWO.

      Clickbank will ship physical goods but they stipulated that the products must be shipped from the States, which is a problem as I live in the UK.

      You have answered many of my questions.

      Thanks for sharing your knowledge - much appreciated.

      Simon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10945442].message }}

Trending Topics