For newbies- "Discover the Secrets" (lol) of creating winning sales letters and products!

15 replies
Please pardon my jesting in the title of this post...

An intimate knowledge of the copy writing craft can help immensely.. but that is not what this post is about.

Its about how you can NATURALLY create a sales letter that blows up, and a massively effective product to go along with it.

1st off:

Creating a product, even a valuable one... is not (initially) as important in terms of "sales", as the sales letter itself...

Selling STARTS with that, and you sell at your best when you are SOLD!

Being sold on an idea is the reason why you create a product. It's because you are SOLD, and you want to communicate that conviction to others, and to give them a chance to share in the benefits of said product, or knowledge..

So... What you write in the sales letter is simple, its all the reasons that you are "SOLD"....

You cant have a winning product if you cant write a winning ad about it! That's the fact.

It would be a stress to try and write a winning ad about something you are not sold on... but it should be UBER easy to write if you ARE.

I have several times created valuable products only AFTER creating a sales letter, in anticipation of the the product I was about to create.

I dont think its uncommon for successful marketers to create mind blowing sales letters first, then create a product to fulfill the promises of the sales letter.

You are nowhere, unless your sales letter is amazing.

My first product that I sold on the WF started by saying

"If 18 year old pot smoking teenagers can sell 5 web sites PER DAY, in a telemarketing room , then why are all of you professional web "consultants" having a problem even getting 5 clients per MONTH" ?


Or something like that, anyway...

I was being honest and passionate, and I expected to make only 400 dollars, but I made $30, 000.00 !!!

The product was amazing and changed many lives, but it was the passionate ad that made it work.

How did I write that ad? By expressing why I was sold on the concept.

Ads are everything. Copy is everything. I dont suggest learning the craft of copy writing (however valuable) , as much as I do being sincerely passionate, and uninhibited in your ads. If you are sold, then you can sell it.

Period.

As far as how successful it will be?

I can only say this; when you are creating a winning ad, you KNOW it. When you get excited by reading your own ad, and when you feel passionate by reading it, and it moves you emotionally while writing it... then it will others too.

Facts are cold and dead... true passion can be FELT. Communicate THAT.

As far as how to create the product?

Simple; Create a product that fulfills the promises in your ad, but also;

When you create a product, do not just tell the facts, also encourage and build self confidence within the reader, and sell them on themselves that they can do it... or else you failed.

It takes more than a blue print to make your reader successful... you have to be their cheerleader...and build their energy... or your product is dead.

Its 50 percent blue print and 1000 percent selling them on themselves. There are a ton of blueprints out there... but there is more to it than that, if you want your reader to succeed.

Your product should be as moving as your sales letter.

Thats not the only way I guess... Many people create dead products and sell them like Wildfire... but that is the way I have to offer you, from my perspective only.

AND, if you can create that kind a situation, whereby you only sell things that you are SOLD on.... then you can bypass all the experience and training, and formulas that people say you should know.

If you believe what you are saying, you are quantum leaps ahead of the game!

You can start from nowhere, and come out of the gate selling like MAD!

This way it doesnt require much thought.... or study.... Only belief and the ability to communicate it... Which should be natural, if you really believe in what you are saying.

AND IT WORKS!!!

-JD
#creating #letters #newbies #products #sales
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Thanks for this post. This part, to me, is key

    AND, if you can create that kind a situation, whereby you only sell things that you are SOLD on
    Selling stuff that resonates with you is crucial to putting together the right strategies that produce CONSISTENT CONVERSIONS
    Signature

    ORIGINAL CONTENT: Only $0.005 USD per word
    Quality Bulk Content for Articles / Blogs / Websites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11576084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author depotgang
    Product creation made me valuable...copyrighting made me wealthy.

    LOL...I had to hire the best copy writer I ever me...LOL...not a natural skill of mine.

    Nice post
    Signature

    The Only Plugin You Need to Drive Traffic to Your Blog Best Part is It Free

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11576087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    When I was younger, I took a job selling meats (steaks...) door to door, off of a freezer truck.

    When I got hired the sales trainer told me how we only sold top quality , highly desirable meat , that came from "Limousine" steer... and how we only sold "choice" cuts. and how our steaks we far better than the competition, even "gourmet" quality.

    I sold the SHIT out of those steaks!!

    Then one day, being the young zealot that I was... I decided that I was going to make my sales pitch even BETTER!

    So I headed down to the local grocery store... with the intention of doing a real life cost comparison to make my pitch even MORE powerful...

    To my surprise , Krogers ALSO sold limousine steaks, and they had even better marbling than ours, and they were fresh, not frozen.... and Krogers also sold CHOICE cuts that were much thicker than ours and almost half the price!!!

    I was devasted.

    I could not bring myself to knock on one more door, or even give one more pitch... I quit that job that I had been making all that money at....

    What are two things that stand out here?

    Even though the product was sub par, I was still able to sell it like crazy, because I believed in it with enthusiasm, and gave a great pitch....

    Also,.... even though the pitch was great, when I no longer believed it, i could not deliver it with passion, it was over.

    Believing what you say goes a long way, and when you do, you can deliver with passion, and you can NATURALLY write great copy that translates well.

    Without that, your words feel stale, and are not so effective.

    There are ways around this by educating yourself in the actual CRAFT of writing ad copy... but outside of that, you can be just as effective through delivering with excitement, and natural conviction. If you have it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11576101].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author medicineman
      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

      When I was younger, I took a job selling meats (steaks...) door to door, off of a freezer truck.

      When I got hired the sales trainer told me how we only sold top quality , highly desirable meat , that came from "Limousine" steer... and how we only sold "choice" cuts. and how our steaks we far better than the competition, even "gourmet" quality.

      I sold the SHIT out of those steaks!!

      The one day, being the young zealot that I was... I decided that I was going to make my sales pitch even BETTER!

      So I headed down to the local grocery store... with the intention of doing a real life cost comparison to make my pitch even MORE powerful...

      To my surprise , Krogers ALSO sold limousine steaks, and they had even better marbling than ours, and they were fresh, not frozen.... and Krogers also sold CHOICE cuts that were much thicker than ours and almost half the price!!!

      I was devasted.

      I could not bring myself to knock on one more door, or even give one more pitch... I quit that job that I had been making all that money at....

      What are two things that stand out here?

      Even though the product was sub par, I was still able to sell it like crazy, because I believed in it with enthusiasm, and gave a great pitch....

      Also,.... even though the pitch was great, when I no longer believed it, i could not deliver it with passion, it was over.

      Believing what you say goes a long way, and when you do, you can deliver with passion, and you can NATURALLY write great copy that translates well.

      Without that, your words feel stale, and are not so effective.

      There are ways around this by educating yourself in the actual CRAFT of writing ad copy... but outside of that, you can be just as effective through delivering with excitement, and natural conviction. If you have it.

      If the steaks at Kroger were so good, why not do the same thing and go sell them like the former "limousine" ones?


      Sales is a foreign place to me and a lot of people. I dont see how you do it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11576132].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Durham
        Originally Posted by medicineman View Post

        If the steaks at Kroger were so good, why not do the same thing and go sell them like the former "limousine" ones?


        Sales is a foreign place to me and a lot of people. I dont see how you do it.
        That's a good question...

        Truthfully because, selling steaks I knew was only gonna be an interim thing for me anyway... not exactly my lifes dream.

        Another reason would be this:

        Because if I had went out re-selling kroger's steaks then I would need to have my own branded boxes/packaging , my own freezer truck, and Im sure some kind of liability insurance...

        You can hardly drive through a neighborhood with an ice chest full of steaks from krogers... Asking people if they want to buy them un-branded, un-packaged, out of your beer cooler. lol

        On second thought you probably could if you wanted to badly enough. Guess I didnt want to that badly...

        So I became a telemarketer

        Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

        There is this underlying variable in Success in the online world. Its not about creating winning sales letters, and its not about creating winning products. I believe the KEY is documenting the journey.
        I agree. I think that is true on many levels. Even Warriors here who gain credibility over time, and sell a product that is "Non Documentary" , have gained that credibility through the natural documenting of their journey here on the forum (post history). People get to know who they are and trust or not trust them through that.

        To be more specific though, I admire what YOU are doing.

        It takes alot of cahones to start a Warriors Path thread, if you are being honest about your results (which I know you are) , as a Senior Warrior, with your hands tied behind your back, betting your own credibility on it.

        Maybe those cahones come from confidence in your real life experience!

        Speaks volumes.

        Originally Posted by depotgang View Post

        Product creation made me valuable...copyrighting made me wealthy.

        ...

        Nice post
        Nice Quote!

        Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

        Heart is a big time motivatah, that's for sure.

        You see it in actschwaan evry time you stop by anywan sellin' hot dogs.

        See, cos which 12" humdinger you wanna get your lips round right now?

        1) The real yummy lookin' one made with care by JANEY -- who got a neat smile on her face an' wishes you well as she slaps on the mustard like a cartoon bunny jus' let loose from outta a Disney movie ...

        or

        2) The real yummy lookin' one manhandled to bejesus by ACNE ASS GUS -- who cusses like his entire family been shot by bandits as he scrapes your carbonized dinnah into a moldin' bun an' bellows, WHAT IN HELL YOU STARIN' AT, **** FACE?"

        I would want always to believe hooman interaction follows heart around -- like a puppy dog followin' a trail of juicy snacks.

        For sure if that kinda enthoosiam is missin', you can sense it.

        Speshly if'n you starin' into your own spirityool vacuumhole hopin' for succor.

        Exactly. Well said! Thank you!

        Ps.

        Sometimes I forget how much I love participating on this forum.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11578146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4
    There is this underlying variable in Success in the online world. Its not about creating winning sales letters, and its not about creating winning products. I believe the KEY is documenting the journey.

    Look at YouTubers you may subscribe to. I know for me, each and everyone that I follow is documenting - be it a build or process or just their daily lives.

    Some of the best e-mail lists I belong to, same thing... documenting.

    So how exactly does this play out? If for example you are selling an affiliate product... buy the dang thing.. and USE it - APPLY it, and then document the process.. high lite the ups and the downs of your journey. The great thing about this concept is you never once have to think about what is the next piece of content you have to write... You simply write about what you did TODAY... how you may have applied this or that, you made these calls with those results, and tomorrow - hey I am going to do this see you then!

    The PROCESS becomes the "Winning Sales Letter". If that guy is winning using product X then any and everyone else reading that... is going to start thinking... "Hey, if It works for him it will work for me" No smoke and mirrors... no magic, no hype, no countdowns - Just TRUTH.

    YOU providing a straight forward honest account of using a product win lose or draw is a win for the end user.. and when the end user is winning... YOUR winning!

    Hope that Helps
    Signature
    Success is an ACT not an idea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11576156].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author natostanco
    "If you believe what yo u are saying, you are quantum leaps ahead of the game!"

    This, I really believe in! If you don't believe it, you won't achieve it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11576208].message }}
  • Heart is a big time motivatah, that's for sure.

    You see it in actschwaan evry time you stop by anywan sellin' hot dogs.

    See, cos which 12" humdinger you wanna get your lips round right now?

    1) The real yummy lookin' one made with care by JANEY -- who got a neat smile on her face an' wishes you well as she slaps on the mustard like a cartoon bunny jus' let loose from outta a Disney movie ...

    or

    2) The real yummy lookin' one manhandled to bejesus by ACNE ASS GUS -- who cusses like his entire family been shot by bandits as he scrapes your carbonized dinnah into a moldin' bun an' bellows, WHAT IN HELL YOU STARIN' AT, **** FACE?"

    I would want always to believe hooman interaction follows heart around -- like a puppy dog followin' a trail of juicy snacks.

    For sure if that kinda enthoosiam is missin', you can sense it.

    Speshly if'n you starin' into your own spirityool vacuumhole hopin' for succor.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11576288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skrelentless
    Yeah, That is the holy grail of copywriting. I remember this from old Matt Furey stuff.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11576560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    So, to take this a little further...

    When you say what I said in the OP, about the pot smoking teenagers (Shocking/Provacative Headline).... and you believe in whatever your solution is, and you know in your heart that others can have success with it... and, you know the problems they struggle with... and you know that you have an answer for them that really can change their life...

    Then...

    1: Will it be hard to exclaim the benefits to them? (Which is what buyers care about)

    2: Will it be hard to be excited when you tell them all the ways it can change their life?

    3: Will you be excited when you share a story of yourself, or someone you else, whose life it has changed?

    (Because telling a story or "Painting a picture" is a part of copy writing).

    4: Do you have to be a professional writer to tell someone that story, with true excitement?

    5: Will it be hard to add urgency, and tell them they really should try your idea today?

    (Because urgency is important in selling)

    6: Wouldn't it be logical to tell them "Granted, you are going to have to do some work" ?

    (Copy writers refer to this as an "admission of guilt", which is an important element in a sales letter, however, YOU are just telling it like it is).

    5: Wouldnt it be natural to want to call them to action and say "Order it Right Now! Here is the button! Click it!"

    And if they dont...

    6: Wouldnt it be natural to ask the question: "Still not convinced?"

    Wouldn't you still want to convince them ?

    Such as:

    "Okay look, I already told you how someone else did it, and how I did it, and how 100 other people have done it...and how YOU can do it... If you dont want to take my advice, then by all means do your own thing, and keep getting the same results. Im just trying to tell you this has changed the lives of other people in your position, and mine, and I know it can do the same for you! They say that when you see what you want and how to get there, then GET AFTER IT!

    If I were you, I would get on this, start making some cash money sales right now, and change your life for the better!"


    Ps:

    ("Click Below, while Im still in the mood to try and help you ! " )


    Back to reality:


    Are you guys getting the point here? I'm sure you are.

    If you only sell things you are sold on , then you dont have to be a rocket scientist to naturally do and say all these things!

    It's just like a normal conversation where you are excitedly trying to convince someone of something you believe in, and how it can benefit them, and how they should try it!

    Thats what a sales letter is...

    On the other hand, if you DONT believe what you are saying... and you arent SOLD on the thing you are trying to promote, then you are really gonna need to be, or hire a professional.

    Just much easier to sell things that you believe in and are truly excited about.

    Last note:

    You need to at least be able to half assed speak or translate the language you are selling in... (another A.O.G.)

    But...

    Do you have to be perfectly grammatical, and use perfect punctuation like me?

    I dont know? Ask yourself, have I been convincing here?

    Did my first 30k sales letter have perfect grammer, or perfect punctuation? Beautiful graphics?

    Hell no. I even sent out the first 20 copies of my report in an open word file because I didnt know to create a PDF !! lol

    But I had a REAL solution, and was excited to offer it.

    Hope you guys are enjoying this topic... and NO I am not getting ready to launch some kind of ebook. Just sober now, and excited about sharing lately..., for the first time in a million years.

    It raises MY vibe, to think this might be raising someones vibe out there.

    Hope it speaks to someone and helps them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11578174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Guessing nobody got this last post. It's all good. Its actually more valuable than anything else I have ever offered, but that is up to the observer.

    This post will stay around forever, and eventually someone will come across it, and it will be their personal epiphany!

    Objectively... when all you want to do is make some money, and someone is telling you that you will do it best when you find your heart... then that can be difficult, because if we cant get past the former then it doesnt help us for someone to tell us that.... It's hard sometimes to find where your heart can offer value, but everyone's can.

    I was a Warrior for ten years before I felt that I had any value , or could offer my heart in a way that it could be of value to any of these geniuses... Thats what they were, compared to me, in my mind... but eventually I saw it....it was there all along, and so is yours. We all have value to offer that can come from that place, if we ever see it.

    Some dont like this post, because, even though they agree, it interferes with what they are trying to teach... and what they are trying to teach is correct.... You can sell from craft alone, if you are willing to learn and apply.... but you can sell from heart alone too, if you dont have any other quality or mastery...

    It has made me a top salesman, everywhere I ever went, even though I felt less qualified than everyone else.

    That kind of selling has to come to you.. .I hope it will for someone.

    I have tried to teach it as well as I can, because that is what I offer, and I think some people have to find that first, before they can tap into their potential. There are all kinds of learners.

    I never learned from lessons... and some people dont... for those people, it will just have to fall into place when you find what you can say with heart.

    This is for those people.

    It's really not that valuable, unless you are in a certain place... To that person; this is for you.

    There are a half million people here, and millions more outside of this....

    There is a group that relates the same way you do. That is what finding your market is all about!

    Ps.

    I dont make a dime off the time it took to create this thread... its because Im hoping someone gets their breakthrough. I offer this because because I have been GIVEN so much grace, because I truly required it. It is only by grace that I am able to give it back. So... this is sincere, and the wisdom here is true. And YES it has made me a ton of money.... If you think you cant do it... Im telling you that you can.

    Heart is the desire to offer value, and if you cant learn from anything else, when you find that place, then you will make money.

    Hang around.



    -JD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11578941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    It all depends on what you want out of your business efforts.

    You be special, I like being independently wealthy!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11578997].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

      It all depends on what you want out of your business efforts.

      You be special, I like being independently wealthy!
      Kudo's and, understandable.

      Being that you are already independently wealthy, this post doesnt speak to or for you.

      There is someone who needs it though, and that is who it is written for..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11579044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Traveler
    This is great. For all levels. Thanks.

    It can really be a whirlwind as a newbie.

    Blog...SEO, techy stuff, plugins so much.
    Social Platforms...how not to get banned.
    Youtube.
    Forums.
    Branding.

    But no matter what we do have to connect with folks.

    There is a fellow warrior here with his own free marketing related membership and he says he seldom uses Sales Pages because he will establish himself and a relationship well before he shares an offer link with nothing more than a Payment page and does quite well with that strategy.

    I am taking notes from his style and certainly this resource as well. Thanks again.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11599164].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics