11 replies
Hey Warriors,

I have planned to invest my time on Clickbank.net affiliate marketing.

Do you guys think that will it worth and Is that possible for me to earn $$$$ monthly? Please advice me, as I am new to this clickbank.net already had one product and promoting it and still no sales for that...

any suggestions, ideas please?
#clickbanknet
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    As with anything, there's a learning curve (and quite a big one), but there are huge numbers of us here making our full-time livings doing this, so it's certainly possible.

    Sadly, there's traditionally quite a lot of "questionable advice" on this subject floating about, in general, so I can't pretend that it's even an "easy" learning curve. But, depending on how much of the basics of internet marketing you know to start with, if you can learn to determine information from misinformation (probably the most valuable single skill one can acquire, in this game), you have every chance!

    However you look at it, selling ClickBank products is all about three main things ...

    (i) You have to select the products wisely: obviously enough, without getting this part right, it doesn't much matter what else you do;

    (ii) You have to pre-sell effectively to well-targeted traffic;

    (iii) You have to build lists and form relationships with the people on them, so that they'll buy on the strength of your recommendation. Without doing this, your conversion-rate will typically be somewhere between "very low indeed" and "non-existent": ClickBank products are generally successfully sold only on "trust", i.e. how much your customers trust your recommendation.

    These three things aren't optional, really: you have to do all three of them adequately, to earn money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808249].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Amenda Jessera
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      As with anything, there's a learning curve (and quite a big one), but there are huge numbers of us here making our full-time livings doing this, so it's certainly possible.

      Sadly, there's traditionally quite a lot of "questionable advice" on this subject floating about, in general, so I can't pretend that it's even an "easy" learning curve. But, depending on how much of the basics of internet marketing you know to start with, if you can learn to determine information from misinformation (probably the most valuable single skill one can acquire, in this game), you have every chance!

      However you look at it, selling ClickBank products is all about three main things ...

      (i) You have to select the products wisely: obviously enough, without getting this part right, it doesn't much matter what else you do;

      (ii) You have to pre-sell effectively to well-targeted traffic;

      (iii) You have to build lists and form relationships with the people on them, so that they'll buy on the strength of your recommendation. Without doing this, your conversion-rate will typically be somewhere between "very low indeed" and "non-existent": ClickBank products are generally successfully sold only on "trust", i.e. how much your customers trust your recommendation.

      These three things aren't optional, really: you have to do all three of them adequately, to earn money.
      Thanks mate, I am in SEO industry for last 4 years and now only I have some thougts of promoting affiliate products. I am sure I can get more traffic to websites specially via Google.... so, I hope, I can get success.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808271].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Edk
      Well!!! I thought that Alexa's 10 point check list was IT. Now I believe that these additional criteria give not just the fuller picture but the full picture maybe.

      So quick relevant question to Alexa: am I on the right track with this updated take on things? I hope so as I'm about to go at this with gusto.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4826335].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Edk View Post

        So quick relevant question to Alexa: am I on the right track with this updated take on things? I hope so as I'm about to go at this with gusto.
        Well, I hope so too, then.

        It's been the right track for plenty of others here, judging by my in-box, anyway. Of course there might be loads of other people who don't think so but have remained silent - you never know! In a way I'm making a serious point, there, because what works for some people doesn't necessarily have to work for others, but in general I do firmly believe - with reason and evidence - that this sort of approach puts the odds in most people's favor rather than against them.

        The overwhelming mistakes, any one of which can really stack the deck against people, overall, are undoubtedly ...

        (i) promoting very high-gravity products (that's just ill-informed and unnecessary);

        (ii) promoting products with a vendor's opt-in on their sales pages (and/or other obvious "leaks" - that's just naive);

        (iii) trying to promote without building lists (that's just futile);

        (iv) promoting products with obviously "hypey"/"scammy" sales-pages (those were written by "people just pretending to be copywriters, imagining that all that nonsense 'must work because everyone does it'!").

        My criteria certainly avoid all of those, anyway.

        I wish you good luck!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4826445].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Edk
          That's another great reply Alexa. It makes fantastic sense - and I can see that by now you've had time to build up all manner of lists. But at the beginning? Did you have to have a decent list before you made any dosh? Or have the ground rules changed in the time since you started making viable money at this?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4826822].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Edk View Post

            I can see that by now you've had time to build up all manner of lists.
            Now, yes ... but I've been doing this productively for over two and half years.

            Originally Posted by Edk View Post

            But at the beginning? Did you have to have a decent list before you made any dosh?
            Yes, I had to have a decent list before I ever made more than the very occasional $20/$25 which is barely even enough to pay one's expenses. But one article, well syndicated, can produce thousands of visitors to your site in a few days: opting in large numbers of targeted people isn't necessarily as difficult as it sounds, as long as you're getting the right material in front of the right prospective customers and have a site that makes them want to opt in. (To do that "by SEO", of course, depending on Google as a source of traffic, isn't quite so easy at all, to put it mildly - nor quite so secure or reliable, either!).

            Originally Posted by Edk View Post

            Or have the ground rules changed in the time since you started making viable money at this?
            I think they've probably "hardened" - become more important/significant - just because there's a bit more competition now. I think that when I started, it was perhaps, just about possible (even though I couldn't ever manage it, myself) to make a bit of money by selling ClickBank products without building lists, provided that you got exactly the right product with exactly the right sales page and attracted exactly the right traffic and had exactly the right sort of website, and knew exactly what were you doing with all the "smaller details" which collectively make quite an overall difference; I really don't believe that's possible now - it would be putting yourself under such a major handicap that it's almost inconceivable one could get anywhere at all with it, and for anyone who did manage, "wherever they got" would be only about 10% of where they'd get by building lists, anyway.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4826912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Baker
    You can make money from Clickbank 100%. All you have to do is to bring targeted traffic to your site. You can use Facebook or Twitter to market your product. Or do Article Marketing or Classified ads.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4826852].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GettingBetterAtIt
    Alexa - would you be willing to send me a link to one of your clickbank front-ends? Don't worry I won't go after your audience, I'm interested in your method/system.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4827259].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Edk
      You provide some of the most useful input I've had for free off the internet. The others were someone advised me to read The Art of SEO, and there was a lady used to do some cracking jokes on the Leisure Forum here (it's not called that but you'll know what I mean) and just one other person.

      I've been 'busting my brain' on a free product to give opters in and bought a list building product (Premium List Magnet); all that palaver. I'm much of the way through creating the product. But pray tell! please, what do you tempt the punters with to get their details?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4827516].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by GettingBetterAtIt View Post

        Alexa - would you be willing to send me a link to one of your clickbank front-ends? Don't worry I won't go after your audience, I'm interested in your method/system.
        With apologies, like many here, I don't disclose my niches. I do appreciate that this may appear churlish, but that isn't the intention at all: it's simply that product-selection is enormously time-consuming (I've probably spent nearly 500 hours on it, altogether, since I started, and that's nearly 20 weeks' work, for me), and "comparative lack of competition" is of course one of the criteria which one's trying to indentify during that lengthy process, so it would make no sense to disclose anything which might eventually undermine that. My parents are the only people who see my ClickBank sites knowing that they're mine - please excuse me.

        Originally Posted by Edk View Post

        But pray tell! please, what do you tempt the punters with to get their details?
        I just use the traditional, time-honored, proven technique of giving them a "free report" (I don't actually call it that) on whatever I think is a universally applicable matter within the niche. They're nothing glorious: just shortish, PDF reports with a catchy/compelling title, presented in a prominently incentivized way at the top of my landing page to secure the opt-in, and designed with the specific intention of ensuring that they open and read my subsequent emails, once they're on my list.

        This is the key concept. People sometimes imagine that the purpose of the free report is to get the opt-in, but this isn't quite right: that's the purpose of offering the free report, not the purpose of the free report itself. The primary purpose of the free report is simply to ensure that your emails get opened and read. It would be frustrating indeed to go to all this time and trouble to build the list and find that only one person in four on it actually reads the emails which - directly or indirectly - produce most of the money!

        In "production terms"/"effort" they're roughly equivalent - from my perspective - to two-and-a-half or maybe three of my articles - that's all. But "glossily presented".

        Like any freebie, these things do circulate: people with Recklinghausen's Disease (say!) have friends with Recklinghausen's Disease, too (they met them in the clinic waiting-room and immediately bonded with them over their shared misfortune), and they'll send these things out by email to their friends saying "Ooh, look what I found on the web, free of charge". So I do include in them (a) an affiliate-link or two (but subtly, at the end, making sure they don't appear to be the purpose of the thing, which they're really not), (b) links back to my own site (throughout), and (c) an explanation that people wanting to pass it on to others will in reality do the "others" a far bigger favor simply by referring them to the opt-in page, so that they'll also get the subsequent emails and not hear only "half the story" (and I know I do get some extra traffic and opt-ins that way).
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4827587].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nbernhard
          Thanks for the advice Alexa. Do you find that it's better to get in on a new product (say within the first week), or do you use the same techniques for older products as well?

          Thanks!
          Nick
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915615].message }}

Trending Topics