5 Ways To Get Your Emails Read Every Time

23 replies

5 Quick Tips to Increase Your Email Marketing Chops



1)Keep your subject line short:
In general, subjects under 40 characters get
opened twice as often (exceptions? Yes of course)

2)Use 10-12 Words Per Line For Easy Reading: Just like this post.

3)Put your call to action above the fold: Make it crystal clear what
action the reader should take next.

4)Keep images small for fast loading: Under 30K please. And don't forget the
the alt tags.

5) Use numbered lists or bullets points: Just like...well...you get the idea.


Your thoughts are welcome. Go make yourself some money!
Jeremy
#email #email marketing #emails #how to #opened #read #time #ways
  • Profile picture of the author James Vang
    Thanks for the Tips TrustedCopy, that's some excellent advice.

    I have another tip: Add an attachment. When people see an attachment on an email they get curious. The attachment can be anything but if it's actually useful to them it would be even better.

    Keep adding useful attachments and soon your list will be conditioned to understand that any email from you with an attachment is a "must open" email. Then make sure that you put the attachments onto emails that promote your products, affiliate products or other things that make you money to ensure a good open rate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4865252].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TopKat22
      Originally Posted by James Vang View Post

      Thanks for the Tips TrustedCopy, that's some excellent advice.

      I have another tip: Add an attachment. When people see an attachment on an email they get curious. The attachment can be anything but if it's actually useful to them it would be even better.

      Keep adding useful attachments and soon your list will be conditioned to understand that any email from you with an attachment is a "must open" email. Then make sure that you put the attachments onto emails that promote your products, affiliate products or other things that make you money to ensure a good open rate.

      I will never open an attachment to an email even from family so I don't recommend this one but if it works for you, go for it. :-)
      Signature
      44 days in and we broke the $10K a month recurring bench mark.

      Guaranteed 60% Opt In Rate Traffic-Real People-Fresh Today-High Quality Biz Opp traffic![/URL]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4866078].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author creationz
        Attachments for me is a no no...
        i open attachments only if i know the user and second that the email is genuine and not some advertising spam using the user email
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4868893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author winseosoft
    Good tips man.
    I used them and had results.
    The attachment think never used before though , but worth a try.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4865336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RandyRandola
    I would add to keep the sentences less than 50 characters long.
    I use this tool to help me out...

    Email Formatting Tool
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4865671].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RSMarketing
      Excellent advice. I don't know about adding attachments though, I think that kinda freaks people out, most people have been trained to immediately think "Virus" when they see attachments.

      My $0.02

      Rich
      Signature
      (¯`·._.·Want Free Instagram Followers?·._.·´¯)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4865696].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Lim
    Hi Jeremy,

    Thank you for sharing the 5 simple and useful tips. I just would like to add in one more point.

    One of the things that I personally do is that I have an email address that is specially used to collect all the marketers' email message. With a list of many different messages, I will take note of those that catches my attention.

    If that email message has capture my attention, my thinking is that it will also capture other people's attention. What I will do next is to model my own email message after the email message that catches my attention.

    Hope this is useful

    Zack
    Signature

    FREE Affiliate Marketing Mini Course Reveals The Fastest And Honest Way To Make Your First $1000 Online

    Click Here To Get FREE Instant Access

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4865970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Warrior X
      Thanks for everyone's comments.

      Originally Posted by Zack Lim View Post

      If that email message has capture my attention, my thinking is that it will also capture other people's attention. What I will do next is to model my own email message after the email message that catches my attention.

      Zack
      Good point Zack. There's really 'nothing new under the sun' when it comes to marketing and copywriting.

      As a marketer, you should have no qualms about swiping a good idea to use for yourself (I know I don't )

      Jeremy
      Signature
      #1 In WHITEBOARD VIDEOS - Great Way To Tell Your Story!
      Available Here
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4866053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TopKat22
    According to MarketingSherpa’s 2010 Email Marketing Benchmark Report, the top three types of subject lines that compel subscribers to open emails contain one of these:
    1. Discount Offer
    2. Free Product Offer
    3. Familiar Brand Name
    Signature
    44 days in and we broke the $10K a month recurring bench mark.

    Guaranteed 60% Opt In Rate Traffic-Real People-Fresh Today-High Quality Biz Opp traffic![/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4866091].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Warrior X
      Originally Posted by TopKat22 View Post

      According to MarketingSherpa’s 2010 Email Marketing Benchmark Report, the top three types of subject lines that compel subscribers to open emails contain one of these:
      1. Discount Offer
      2. Free Product Offer
      3. Familiar Brand Name
      4. Celebrity's name.

      Subject: Did you hear what said Oprah this week...

      From there you could go on to talk about just about any self-help/ diet/relationship product,
      tying it in to something she happened to mention on the show.

      (Yes I know she's not on anymore, it was just an example. Gotta learn what the new talk
      shows are )
      Signature
      #1 In WHITEBOARD VIDEOS - Great Way To Tell Your Story!
      Available Here
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4866195].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author UMS
      Originally Posted by TopKat22 View Post

      According to MarketingSherpa's 2010 Email Marketing Benchmark Report, the top three types of subject lines that compel subscribers to open emails contain one of these:
      1. Discount Offer
      2. Free Product Offer
      3. Familiar Brand Name
      You need to be very careful about using the word Free in your email (particularly the subject line) as it can trigger a lot of spam filters.

      I try to use words/phrases like "no cost", "for nothing" etc, which probably aren't as effective, but increase the chances of the email not getting blocked.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4867370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    I only read your first three points. Can I get a refund?



    Nice list. It should help some folks.
    Signature
    My New Video Series is Free (for now)
    Crazy good marketing tips from the founder of JVZoo.
    Get EBR 365 Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4866198].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Warrior X
      Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      I only read your first three points. Can I get a refund?

      Yes, and the last two are yours to keep just for trying our product today.
      Signature
      #1 In WHITEBOARD VIDEOS - Great Way To Tell Your Story!
      Available Here
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4866226].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sitywyde
    Great advice Jeremy...

    BUT If I could add...

    Write like you are talking to someone you know... and make sure your message touches creates a desirable interest...so much so...That they have no choice but to click on the link....They just have to know if what you are saying is true...

    Mission accomplished!
    Signature
    Use My FREE System= Go Here
    Spin Sentences For Article Marketing=> Free Tool
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4866493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joekoffi
    Good tips buddy

    Let me add this...
    Avoid exaggerations in subject and don't sound spammy. Sometimes, using figures ($1000,$10million,etc) in the subject line could easily get your message trapped by spam filters
    Signature
    Affiliate Marketing For Bloggers, Revealing unknown killer Affiliate Marketing tricks for Bloggers. Special Discount: WF17
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4866569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DirectMail
    I didn't realize that an attachment would be so powerful but I will surely test it. I also had a conversation with some colleagues about how to structure the subject line. By providing information about who you are representing first you might have a better chance of your email being opened.

    ie

    Jim's Marketing Group. Looking to improve your marketing campaign?

    vs

    Looking to improve your marketing campaign? Jim's Marketing Group
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4866634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author World Marketing
    I agree with this good post!
    Signature

    I make $5,000+ a month online [CLICK HERE] to see how you can do the same starting today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4866906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sebyyx
    useful tricks, but I think most important is how you write the information.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4867385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FTNHosting
    Very useful! You got me to open this thread
    Signature
    -> Kevin Hillstrand || Sales & Marketing @ FTNHosting/SimpleRDP/URPad.net
    >> URPad Web Hosting :: Host Unlimited Blogs, Forums, And So Much More!
    >>> URPad Reseller Hosting :: Sell/Create Web Hosting Accounts for Clients, Friends & Family!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4867394].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Warrior X
    Good thoughts everyone, thanks.

    I was wondering why no one seemed to get my last email:
    'My million dollar copywriting is like free Viagra'

    /wiseguy
    Signature
    #1 In WHITEBOARD VIDEOS - Great Way To Tell Your Story!
    Available Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4868075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMAnthony
    Good advices, and I have tried some of them with good results, another is: Make questions and Tell them a story, that will make the person focuses and people love stories.
    Signature
    PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!



    Are You Ready to Make Money? ----->How I Made $2000 USING LINKEDIN!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4868355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author humbledmarket
    Banned
    Originally Posted by TrustedCopy View Post


    5 Quick Tips to Increase Your Email Marketing Chops



    1)Keep your subject line short:
    In general, subjects under 40 characters get
    opened twice as often (exceptions? Yes of course)

    2)Use 10-12 Words Per Line For Easy Reading: Just like this post.

    3)Put your call to action above the fold: Make it crystal clear what
    action the reader should take next.

    4)Keep images small for fast loading: Under 30K please. And don't forget the
    the alt tags.

    5) Use numbered lists or bullets points: Just like...well...you get the idea.


    Your thoughts are welcome. Go make yourself some money!
    Jeremy
    Great points Jeremy, Going to use these on my upcoming adcopy for my SEO Service.

    THANKS MAN, Bookmarking this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4869110].message }}

Trending Topics