But starting this blog has given me a lot of exposure to seo and internet money making. I haven't monetized my personal blog because I think it has no commercial value and hence it will be a waste of time monetizing but I think I have the knowledge to succeed in making money online because I spent this period learning how.
I have decided to commit the next year to invest my time and energy in building a website which I hope will be a money making machine. Please tell me if there are any flaws in the action plan I made below:
1. I have been doing some freelancing writing jobs in freelancer.com to make the money required for my new website. I have 100$ at the moment and I think it is more than sufficient for me to make my websites.
2. I am going to host my website in blogger because the hosting is free. I need to spend money only for the domain purchase which comes close to 10$ a year. I know some of you will say wordpress is better but I have experience with SEO in blogger and I know how to optimize everything manually in the html code in blogger. Any other reasons apart from the SEO why I should not use blogger?
3. I am going to start 3 websites at the same time. They will have the following themes:
a) Romance, Dating, Marriage and Love etc
b) Intelligence, Brain, Smartness, Memory, etc
c) Health, Fitness, Diet etc
4. I have done considerable keyword research in Google ad words. I am initially targeting the low competition keywords. I will use the high competition keywords too in my content but I don't hope to rank for those keywords till my site has a considerable page rank and popularity. Like for example, Dating has a high competition. This is one keyword that I definitely want to rank in. But instead of trying to rank for it, I will try to rank for other keywords which will drive traffic into my site.
5. I am not going to start the website till I have written down the content for the next 6 months. This is something that I have to do. I will get so fascinated trying to monetize and optimize my site for the search engines that I will forget to write. So what I decided to do is, have content written down for the next six months and upload it all and make the settings such that blogger publishes one post on a particular time of the day, every day, for the next six months. That means I will need close to 30x6=180 posts. I can't wait to start my website and make my money out of it, so I guess I will get this done and over within the next month or so.
6. Once the article is written down and uploaded, I put the automatic publishing of one post per day. I am planning to post at 9 AM EST. I live in India so that means it is 7:30 PM in my country. Is there any other specific time that I should be posting?
7. I will build my facebook fan page and I will try to get facebook likes for my fan page. I want most of my traffic from America and Europe so I am not going to do any advertising in my country. What I will do is start adding people who play the social games in facebook like farmville and mafia wars etc into my fake facebook account. I will target users from USA. It is to these people that I will advertise and tell about my site. I know that I can buy facebook fans for my site. But is it really worth it? Fiverr offers some 20000 fans for 5$. I guess I will opt for that. I have after all invested only 30$ so far (10$ for each site) So I will spend 15$ more to boost the number of fans in my facebook page.
8. I am planning to buy tweet adder. Not only will it help me automate my tweets but it will also help me improve my followers reach. I would like to know if this is good software to use.
9. I would have already started to monetize my blog. Along with the content that is getting published each day, there will be several affiliate links. The content will be informative and VERY useful to the reader. Along with it there will a cleverly disguised advertisement of the affiliate. I think I will put at least one affiliate in each of my posts. But will that make the number of out bound links in my site too much. Is there a way to make the affiliate links no follow? However, I will ensure that none of the affiliate lines appear in my home page.
10. I will also work on link building. The only form of link building that I am familiar with is link exchange. I might write guest posts but finding similar sites and writing guest posts for them is a little hard. I am pretty sure I can get a PR of 3 minimum just by doing link exchange. But that is not enough is it? I need a lot of back links rite? Well from my understanding, for the low ranked keyword, you don't need that many back links to get ranked for, provided you have the keyword so many times in your site. But since I am targeting the high ranked keywords as well, I will try to build links by submitting the articles in directories and social networking sites. I don't want to waste time doing all this and want to automate the entire process. I was looking at different softwares that I can use and I am considering the following 3 softwares:
a) Social Bookmarking Demon
b) Article Demon
The problem is, it will require a lot more investment from my end and I don't want to get into aggressive back linking strategies by putting in money into these software in the initial stages. I think SeNuke is the best out there. But it costs 147$ a month. So I am not going to purchase it until I have 147$ a month income from my sites to begin with.
11. When I get my page rank, I am going to apply for Google ad sense. I am also considering ad brite and chitika to use WITH my ad sense. I know chitika will not be a problem but will ad brite be a problem? I am also looking at Kontera and Text Links ads to use with my ad sense. Any other ad services that I must consider?
12. After a year, by which I hope to make at least a 1000$ / year, I will outsource the article writing to freelancers. That is how I hope to keep the site running.
13. I still haven't understood the use of using aweber news letters. How is it useful to me? Is it not just a waste of money? Yes I can stuff in a few affiliate links to it but doing this comes at a cost and I probably might not have that much of Return on Investment.
14. I will be using an alias in all my websites at least for the blog author's name. Will that be a problem? I am not selling anything. I will have my domain registered under my real name.
15. At the same time next year, when I have outsourced the article writing to free lancers, I will start an e-learning course which I will promote in my site. This will be the first and probably the only product that I sell in my site. Any other product that I can sell in my site?
Please let me know if there are any flaws in my action plan. Please tell me if there are ways to improve on this. I will be eternally grateful to you.