Opt-in Rate: 56% OTO Sales: 0%

19 replies
I love my recent opt-in rate: 56%

I hate my OTO sales: 0%

Man, looks like I need to look for a new OTO product. Maybe I can use yours? :p
#56% #optin #oto #rate #sales
  • Profile picture of the author Will Edwards
    Or you could ditch your OTO.

    Try building the relationship first and then make an offer later.

    Will
    Signature
    Money-Making Rebrandable Books - Free for a Limited Period!

    Click Here to Get Yours
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7233892].message }}
  • May be nothing wrong with the OTO, I don’t count on my sales from this, just a bonus if it happens, You have good opt-in-rat at 56%
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7233910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author betterwtveter
    How long are you following up with your list? It takes about 4-7 follow ups on my auto responder to see most sales come in. It is weird, but that is how it happens for me. You may need to gain a better trust on your follow up with your list as what Will mentions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7233933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Then
    Well, as some of you may know the reasons for an OTO after opt-in, I won't want to ditch it...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7233951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Manie Amari
    Originally Posted by Joseph Then View Post

    I love my recent opt-in rate: 56%

    I hate my OTO sales: 0%

    Man, looks like I need to look for a new OTO product. Maybe I can use yours? :p

    On your OTO page are you using video?
    Signature

    This will NOT be up for long. Get it now whilst You still can. Btw it's FREE...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7233986].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Then
      Originally Posted by Manie Amari View Post

      On your OTO page are you using video?
      No video for the page. In face, I split tested 2 OTOs to see which is converting but I got zero sales.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7234158].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Manie Amari
        Originally Posted by Joseph Then View Post

        No video for the page. In face, I split tested 2 OTOs to see which is converting but I got zero sales.
        Then I strongly suggest you do so as this is what worked for me. Split test it with whatever else your planning to try. I used video on the OTO and it converted like a charm. There is something about seeing the product owner and engaging with him/her before buying. Try it.


        Manie
        Signature

        This will NOT be up for long. Get it now whilst You still can. Btw it's FREE...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7234516].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author retsced
    No offense Joseph, but I wouldn't purchase your OTO either. It looks like a typical PLR eBook to me and so do the bonuses. Maybe a complete newbie wouldn't get that impression, but I sure as hell did my friend. I'm not saying your product is a PLR product, but the design of the book itself looks very similar to the ones we see being given away for free all over the web. Impressions are very important and the perceived value of your book looks very cheap to me.

    Of course, that's just my opinion man.
    Signature
    Imagine going to bed a blue-collar worker and waking up calling yourself a Doctor
    …and then going onto forums to dish out medical advice?

    https://skinnytactics.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7234333].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adamj2
      Congrats on the 56% opt-in rate. Great stuff!

      How about using a high converting affiliate product as the OTO until you have something better of your own? Or even promote a WSO or something?

      You could do a presell page immediately after opt-in and then a link to the product. Something you have used and perhaps can do a live video demonstation of first.

      I guess you can't build you buyers list like that but should be able to recoup a good bit of costs for solo ads etc. that way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7234402].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Then
        Originally Posted by adamj2 View Post

        Congrats on the 56% opt-in rate. Great stuff!

        How about using a high converting affiliate product as the OTO until you have something better of your own? Or even promote a WSO or something?

        You could do a presell page immediately after opt-in and then a link to the product. Something you have used and perhaps can do a live video demonstation of first.

        I guess you can't build you buyers list like that but should be able to recoup a good bit of costs for solo ads etc. that way.
        Yeah, I was thinking of trying that out. But your idea of having a presell page will be good too.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7234461].message }}
  • You need to make sure your OTO is directly connected to your opt-in. Also you may have not offered enough credibility/value for the visitor to buy from you at that page.

    You should build some credibility with them then they'll buy from you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7234394].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul nicholls
    it all depends on:

    1. how much your OTO is
    2. What your OTO page looks like
    3. How related your OTO is to your free offer

    These are the 3 main problems that people face when not getting many OTO sales when building a list

    If you address these you will improve your OTO sales drastically

    Paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7234825].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Then
      Originally Posted by paul nicholls View Post

      it all depends on:

      1. how much your OTO is
      2. What your OTO page looks like
      3. How related your OTO is to your free offer

      These are the 3 main problems that people face when not getting many OTO sales when building a list

      If you address these you will improve your OTO sales drastically

      Paul
      Hi Paul,

      1) I choose a $9 price point, reason being they may not know me well and so $9 is a small commitment.

      2) The OTO page looks like... OTO page?

      3) It's definitely related to my opt-in offer.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7235031].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
        Originally Posted by Joseph Then View Post

        I choose a $9 price point, reason being they may not know me well and so $9 is a small commitment.
        Try changing the price to $7.

        Tweak your offer.

        Tweak your page.

        Try a different product.

        There are many variables.

        I would definately not stop using a OTO though.
        Signature
        Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
        All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Instead of trying to hard sell them on your product, add value for free.

    I did that for a few years and it works much better then trying to sell them on every email your product.

    Send them articles and at the end of the article, give them your link.

    See how that works out.

    And don't forget that you will also need to consistently build your list on a daily basis. Not everyone will ever buy anything from you.
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7234855].message }}
  • Three possible reasons:

    1) The traffic is low quality
    2) The OTO is not related to the freebie
    3) The OTO does not enhance the freebie to its fullest potential
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7235218].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author danwood
      Originally Posted by Anonymous Affiliate View Post

      Three possible reasons:

      1) The traffic is low quality
      2) The OTO is not related to the freebie
      3) The OTO does not enhance the freebie to its fullest potential

      Many possible reasons, sales page design can also be one of that
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237318].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EasyMoneyDre
    OTOs don't work really well if it's direct - disguise it so that you send it like a few hours after someone first signs up for your mailing list.
    Signature

    Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    To those congratulating him on the 56% optin rate -- it means nothing.

    I could have a 5% optin rate and my ROI could be greater than this persons since he is earning zero from those leads.

    The optin rate really is irrelevant. The only metric that matters is your overall ROI on the lifetime of those leads.

    A high optin rate generally means a very vague squeeze page. Once you start putting more information on a squeeze page you will see your optin rate start to drop BUT the quality of those optins will start to rise.

    It's not at all uncommon for a smaller optin rate to bring you a greater ROI than a larger optin rate.

    So stop looking at that statistic as a measure of any type of success because it's not... as can be seen in the OP's example. 56% is great but not if it's earning you zero dollars.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237436].message }}

Trending Topics