by WalkingCarpet Banned
43 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Bills!
Bills, pay your bills till you die, and afterwards have your loved one pay the bill for your funeral!
  • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
    True. Just have to make more online than they are
    Signature

    HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
    http://needbucksnow.com/
    JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
    http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769169].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Originally Posted by WalkingCarpet View Post

    Bills!
    Bills, pay your bills till you die, and afterwards have your loved one pay the bill for your funeral!
    A little deep for me. But I think there may be more to it.
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

    "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769173].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      Hasn't anyone heard of pre-planning ?


      Leaving debt to my loved ones is something I'd never ever do.

      Just sayin' is all.


      Terra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769178].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
        Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

        Leaving debt to my loved ones is something I'd never ever do.
        Can you even do that? How would you leave a dept to someone else?

        Because if you can...I have a gift for Riffle.
        Signature
        One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

        "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769562].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
          Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

          Can you even do that? How would you leave a dept to someone else?

          Because if you can...I have a gift for Riffle.
          I imagine the only way to leave a dept to someone is to have independently owned and operated a dept store? Maybe?

          So tell me, which dept would you leave to Riffle?


          Terra
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769573].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
            Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

            I imagine the only way to leave a dept to someone is to have independently owned and operated a dept store? Maybe?

            So tell me, which dept would you leave to Riffle?


            Terra
            Kids clothing?
            Signature

            Marriage, For The Best Arguments

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769618].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
              Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

              Kids clothing?

              That or the pharmaceutical department?


              Terra
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769650].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author qarah
        Well. That's is the challenge of life
        Signature

        Get your latest SEO info on seoinfoworld.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776242].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      A little deep for me. But I think there may be more to it.
      Of course there's more to it. It is known as "junk mail." Preserve it, it's as good as it gets.

      Signature

      Project HERE.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769641].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author positivenegative
        Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

        Of course there's more to it. It is known as "junk mail." Preserve it, it's as good as it gets.

        Oh father of Thunderbird junior, age 4, there are occasions (frequently) when I fear for your sanity. It's only the fact that Walking Axminster needs help more urgently that prevents me from making you the shrink's first new year call-out.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769865].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
          Originally Posted by WalkingCarpet View Post

          Bills!
          Bills, pay your bills till you die, and afterwards have your loved one pay the bill for your funeral!
          Gee, that is depressing and not true, now where is my $10????




          Originally Posted by WalkingCarpet View Post

          Wish I could have you for pet, like the gimp in Pulp Fiction.
          Just chain ya up and finger tap your head.
          Phew, and you were doing so well, three is the charm!


          No, l would rather make disguising amounts of money, then pay someone else to pay all my bills, etc!

          Then reluctantly give my amassed fortune to someone else, that will most likely p*** it all away, and end up broke!

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769950].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
          Originally Posted by positivenegative View Post

          Oh father of Thunderbird junior, age 4, there are occasions (frequently) when I fear for your sanity. It's only the fact that Walking Axminster needs help more urgently that prevents me from making you the shrink's first new year call-out.
          Who is Walking Axminster? No need for alarm in my case -- I don't collect junk mail and, contrary to rumor, don't peruse over it as if it is holy manuscripts. That shrine in my home with junk mail lit by candlelight was a JOKE. The Junk-mail museum is a millionaire's thing, and since he's rich, he's "eccentric," not crazy.
          Signature

          Project HERE.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769953].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author positivenegative
            Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

            Who is Walking Axminster?

            I take it you're not a religious man then?


            Originally Posted by WalkingCarpet View Post

            'Yes, I am God'
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769982].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ThomM
        Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

        Of course there's more to it. It is known as "junk mail." Preserve it, it's as good as it gets.

        Leave it to a Meyer to do something that stupid.
        Signature

        Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh
        Getting old ain't for sissy's
        As you are I was, as I am you will be
        You can't fix stupid, but you can always out smart it.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9773138].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author pf82
          The meaning of life is to pay taxes and more taxes upon taxes until the day you drop.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9773250].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
          Originally Posted by ThomM View Post

          Leave it to a Meyer to do something that stupid.
          The more I learn about him, the more he comes across as a goof.

          But, I have to admit that I would visit the museum out of curiosity (the topic actually does interest me LOL), but I don't think it ever was set-up since search results produce nothing about it after the date of that article

          Originally Posted by peterj View Post

          Meaning of Life?

          Meaning of Life?

          Quote:
          noun
          .
          The condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
          I've long contemplated making a documentary, simply asking different people the meaning of life. It's been done many times before I'm sure (never mind the Monty Python movie), but I'd like to do it.
          Signature

          Project HERE.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author King Manu
    Life is nothing less and nothing more than what you can make of it. While you complain about bills others worry about having no food on table. It's just a matter of perspective and how much you push yourself into doing , sharing and creating.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NRabosa
    Life for me is what's between those two events. Just two bookmarks in the Story of Your Life. Cheer up WalkingCarpet!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769566].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9772916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Karp
    The meaning of life is to make meaning of one's life.
    Signature

    Author of The Content Marketing Guidebook

    Traffic Gen Tutorial: Learn 21 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website (for free).

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9773132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author peterj
    Meaning of Life?

    noun
    .
    The condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9773564].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      Originally Posted by peterj View Post

      Meaning of Life?
      Perhaps the meaning of "life" but not life...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9774158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mark healy
    This is deep stuff, the meaning of life will mean different things to different people.
    Signature

    Build a Real Online Business from scratch today!
    Get Your FREE Webinar Training Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9774442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carltonuckner12
    Genuine significance may be distinctive for each individual; life is to constantly appreciate genuine joy, wealth, great well being and thriving. On the off chance that in stead you lead a life of frustrates, lack, strife, sick well being, and unlimited battles then you have to change your life from inside. As the truism goes, "life is the thing that you make it". All these circumstances you draw in to yourself. Life accordingly is in respect to one's desires, objectives and wants and how one sets himself up to attain to these.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776388].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by Carltonuckner12 View Post

      Genuine significance may be distinctive for each individual; life is to constantly appreciate genuine joy, wealth, great well being and thriving. On the off chance that in stead you lead a life of frustrates, lack, strife, sick well being, and unlimited battles then you have to change your life from inside. As the truism goes, "life is the thing that you make it". All these circumstances you draw in to yourself. Life accordingly is in respect to one's desires, objectives and wants and how one sets himself up to attain to these.

      Hmmm, could also be primeval energy bundles evolving through gas, rock, simple organisms, more complex life forms all the way to humans, in order to understand itself, and the true meaning of the distinction of polarities within a three dimensional construct, in order to evolve to a point that it is aware of its own divinity and can ascend beyond life and death!
      But l might be wrong!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author barbling
    You're born, you live, you die.

    And in between the first and last, you make the world a better place for someone.

    Could be your family.

    Could be your friends.

    Could be your city or town or state or country or world.

    The main point is....

    You left the world a better place.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776641].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by barbling View Post


      The main point is....

      You left the world a better place.
      I think I can do that. I think.. by my leaving, the world will be a better place.
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776817].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        I think I can do that. I think.. by my leaving, the world will be a better place.

        I would second that.
        Signature

        If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776837].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
          Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

          I think I can do that. I think.. by my leaving, the world will be a better place.
          Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

          I would second that.
          Maybe we should cast a vote, WC is one, l won't say that l would second the motion, as you would leave this earth but end up somewhere else.

          Scary thought!


          Even if you end up nowhere other skeptics might end up there and it would be like Stephen King on Steroids!

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776894].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
          Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

          I would help that.
          All fixed.
          Signature

          "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777168].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        I think I can do that. I think.. by my leaving, the world will be a better place.
        There would be a lot more doughnuts and bananas to go around.
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777009].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

          There would be a lot more doughnuts and bananas to go around.
          There would be more donuts (corrected American spelling). But the bananas? Do you think Riffle and I are going to die at the same time?

          Do you snore with an English accent?


          Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

          I would second that.
          Yup. and if you go first, the average man will be slightly taller and more attractive.
          Signature
          One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

          "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777026].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            There would be more donuts (corrected American spelling). But the bananas? Do you think Riffle and I are going to die at the same time?

            Do you snore with an English accent?
            I sleep soundly knowing I have spelled dougnuts correctly and will leave the world a more edumacated place!

            You will die at the same time only if I am able to remote detonate the bomb I placed in that bar you will both be visiting on New Years Eve.
            Signature

            Marriage, For The Best Arguments

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777034].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
              Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

              I sleep soundly knowing I have spelled dougnuts correctly and will leave the world a more edumacated place!

              You will die at the same time only if I am able to remote detonate the bomb I placed in that bar you will both be visiting on New Years Eve.
              I found the flaw in your plan. When you invite Riffle and me to the bar, your spelling will be so muddled by your accident of English birth...that your identity will be obvious. (You, or Good Dan)

              Unless your spelling is simply all wrong, and the invitation is smeared with bananas, then I'll know that it was Riffle who sent the invitation.

              And if the invitation is a perfectly crafted masterpiece...that means I sent the invitation to myself. Probably postage due, because I'm so cheap.
              Signature
              One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

              "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777182].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                I found the flaw in your plan. When you invite Riffle and me to the bar, your spelling will be so muddled by your accident of English birth...that your identity will be obvious. You, or Good Dan)

                Unless your spelling is simply all wrong, and the invitation is smeared with bananas, then I'll know that it was Riffle who sent the invitation.

                And if the invitation is a perfectly crafted masterpiece...that means I sent the invitation to myself. Probably postage due, because I'm so cheap.
                Curses, foiled again, how stupid of me to reveal my plans. Innocent people will die because of this.
                Signature

                Marriage, For The Best Arguments

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777225].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
                  Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

                  Curses, foiled again, how stupid of me to reveal my plans. Innocent people will die because of this.
                  Killing innocent people, just because i discovered your plans?

                  I like the way you think. Can I help you with the list? Let's start with the "R"s.
                  Signature
                  One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

                  "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777317].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
                    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                    Killing innocent people, just because i discovered your plans?

                    I like the way you think. Can I help you with the list? Let's start with the "R"s.
                    No sense in wasting a good bomb. We shall organize (Phillip, that spell checker again) a pirate theme night in the bar tomorrow. That way we will get a lot of Arrrrrrrrrrrrh's
                    Signature

                    Marriage, For The Best Arguments

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777420].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author WalkingCarpet
              Banned
              Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

              I sleep soundly knowing I have spelled dougnuts correctly and will leave the world a more edumacated place!

              You will die at the same time only if I am able to remote detonate the bomb I placed in that bar you will both be visiting on New Years Eve.
              I beg to differ. Not cos I side with Joseph but cos typing donut vs doughnut saves time energy and life force, since there are far fewer letters to type. In the long run this'll mean less oxygen spent, calories consumed, less stress on the heart and pulmonary system, meaning longer life and less health care compensations.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777239].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
                Originally Posted by WalkingCarpet View Post

                I beg to differ. Not cos I side with Joseph but cos typing donut vs doughnut saves time energy and life force, since there are far fewer letters to type. In the long run this'll mean less oxygen spent, calories consumed, less stress on the heart and pulmonary system, meaning longer life and less health care compensations.
                My Dear Professor. I have to agree with you. I find it very revealing, that if you simply take out the unnecessary letters from the wrong spelling...ie Doughnut.....you end up with the word Ugh.

                And that is what I feel every time I see Donut spelled Doughnut. See? Even the English know that their spelling is so off, they just include the word Ugh...to save time.

                Did I ever tell you how the British thought that the perfect camouflage was wearing a bright red coat, when fighting in the US? My great great great grandfather, Rip Chisel'em, sold them on the idea. He told them that in the US, trees are bright red.

                And, how come American actors can't do a decent English accent, but the Brits can do a perfect American accent? I just found out that one of the stars of Homeland is the English actor Damian Lewis.

                At least Sherlock Holmes is played by that great American actor Jonny Lee Miller.
                Take that!
                Signature
                One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

                "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777338].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
                  Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                  My Dear Professor. I have to agree with you. I find it very revealing, that if you simply take out the unnecessary letters from the wrong spelling...ie Doughnut.....you end up with the word Ugh.

                  And that is what I feel every time I see Donut spelled Doughnut. See? Even the English know that their spelling is so off, they just include the word Ugh...to save time.

                  Did I ever tell you how the British thought that the perfect camouflage was wearing a bright red coat, when fighting in the US? My great great great grandfather, Rip Chisel'em, sold them on the idea. He told them that in the US, trees are bright red.

                  And, how come American actors can't do a decent English accent, but the Brits can do a perfect American accent? I just found out that one of the stars of Homeland is the English actor Damian Lewis.

                  At least Sherlock Holmes is played by that great American actor Jonny Lee Miller.
                  Take that!
                  Your right, by the time you have figured out the British spelling, you could have eaten three of them.
                  Signature

                  Marriage, For The Best Arguments

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777438].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
                    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                    My Dear Professor. I have to agree with you. I find it very revealing, that if you simply take out the unnecessary letters from the wrong spelling...ie Doughnut.....you end up with the word Ugh.

                    And that is what I feel every time I see Donut spelled Doughnut. See? Even the English know that their spelling is so off, they just include the word Ugh...to save time.

                    Did I ever tell you how the British thought that the perfect camouflage was wearing a bright red coat, when fighting in the US? My great great great grandfather, Rip Chisel'em, sold them on the idea. He told them that in the US, trees are bright red.

                    And, how come American actors can't do a decent English accent, but the Brits can do a perfect American accent? I just found out that one of the stars of Homeland is the English actor Damian Lewis.

                    At least Sherlock Holmes is played by that great American actor Jonny Lee Miller.
                    Take that!
                    No, the English wore red uniforms, so when they got into the battlefield and blood was spilt, it wouldn't put off the alive ones as much. Especially the young, nothing more offputting than seeing decapitations, losing limbs, etc! Yuck!

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778170].message }}

Trending Topics