Why did YOUR post disappear ?

28 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
This is becoming a frequent question here at the forum.

Members are complaining that their posts are removed - and
that they are not given an explanation.

Well that is about to change.

Technically your posts don't in fact disappear.

They are moved to a hidden subforum.

I have now purchased exclusive access rights to this forum
and am thinking of offering the following service.


(1) Basic membership. Ability to see which moderator removed
your posts so you can converse with him and see why.

Charge: a token fee to keep out the riff-raff ($2 per month)


(2) Post resubmission. We will clean up your post, remove
the potential objections and resubmit. A standard fee of $5
per post. If declined we will return your fee.


Please let me know if you would find this service useful.

Harvey
#disappear #post
  • Profile picture of the author globalpro
    Harvey,

    Not sure about a lost post service, but if you decide to go with something for socks, then count me in. Getting too many, shall we say, 'unique pairs'.

    Thanks,

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1807567].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pup
      Originally Posted by globalpro View Post

      Harvey,

      Not sure about a lost post service, but if you decide to go with something for socks, then count me in. Getting too many, shall we say, 'unique pairs'.

      Thanks,

      John
      I'm definitely in for the lost socks service between mine and my husband's you'd make a killing
      Signature
      A Goal Without a Plan Is Just a Wish
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1817606].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author pup
        Originally Posted by Martin.Avis View Post

        I suspect you are thinking of mime - an 'art form' that the French are very welcome to.

        I doubt that we stole dry humour from them - for one thing, nobody here speaks the language.

        Martin
        As a French woman myself, I think we have witty and fun senses of humor though I"ll never get the Jerry Lewis thing.
        Signature
        A Goal Without a Plan Is Just a Wish
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1817637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Emmanuel Betinis
    Wow, Harvey! That sounds like a wonderful service...

    But what about the Platinum membership level? I thought Platinum
    allowed Warriors a direct phone number to the moderator that
    deleted the post.

    Did you decide to not offer the Platinum complaint package anymore?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1807679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Killer Joe
      Harvey,

      I'm a War Room member.

      I have rights here, you know...I'm sure I'm entitled to this for free.

      KJ
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1807730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Will Edwards
    lol - How much for taking out a contract on the mod?

    Will
    Signature
    Is This The World's Easiest Way to Make Money?

    Click Here to Find Out
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1807720].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    ...And all this time I thought is was David Blaine.
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1807744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jacob Anthony
    Originally Posted by Harvey.Segal View Post

    This is becoming a frequent question here at the forum.

    Members are complaining that their posts are removed - and
    that they are not given an explanation.

    Well that is about to change.

    Technically your posts don't in fact disappear.

    They are moved to a hidden subforum.

    I have now purchased exclusive access rights to this forum
    and am thinking of offering the following service.


    (1) Basic membership. Ability to see which moderator removed
    your posts so you can converse with him and see why.

    Charge: a token fee to keep out the riff-raff ($2 per month)


    (2) Post resubmission. We will clean up your post, remove
    the potential objections and resubmit. A standard fee of $5
    per post. If declined we will return your fee.


    Please let me know if you would find this service useful.

    Harvey
    !) I don't quite understand how your were able to purchase this access. I feel that all members should be given access to this as long as they fulfil a certain criteria such as being a war-room member or having a certain amount of posts.
    2) Surely those people who've had their posts removed should simply just be advised to re -read the rules of the forum, especially those rules that have been breached
    3) Whenever I've had a post removed I've just opened a support ticket to apologise for any wrong doing on my part and to query why my post has been removed.

    But, before any of this I take the responsibility to read through and edit my post before I submit it, ensuring that it cannot be construed as being self promotional or bashing someone else.

    Surely if everyone did this then there would be no need for the posts to be moved.

    Also if I see a post that is potentially breaching the rules I leave it then go back to it to see if I've misread it, because it's all too easy to report that post in the heat of the moment. If there is a blatant breach then of course I will report the post.

    The facility you suggest could potentially diminish the member's responsibility to think before they post on the forum. They may just think "Oh it's okay, if it gets removed I can just get it back" whereas the current status quo should make people feel like they need to think before they post.

    I personally feel that the moderators do a brilliant job here and that taking up their time with the type of queries that would ensue from this would be counter productive for them. With a forum as large as this we should be trying to avoid giving the moderators any more work than they already have in keeping this forum running smoothly and keeping it spam free.

    To me, the ability to part-take in this forum is a privilege not a god-given right and should be treated as such.
    Signature

    Got an amazing business idea or product idea and need help launching it? Head over to Launch You RIGHT NOW to learn how we can get you up and running ABSOLUTELY FREE!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1807857].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dave Patterson
      Originally Posted by Jacob Anthony View Post

      !) I don't quite understand how your were able to purchase this access. I feel that all members should be given access to this as long as they fulfil a certain criteria such as being a war-room member or having a certain amount of posts.
      2) Surely those people who've had their posts removed should simply just be advised to re -read the rules of the forum, especially those rules that have been breached
      3) Whenever I've had a post removed I've just opened a support ticket to apologise for any wrong doing on my part and to query why my post has been removed.

      But, before any of this I take the responsibility to read through and edit my post before I submit it, ensuring that it cannot be construed as being self promotional or bashing someone else.

      Surely if everyone did this then there would be no need for the posts to be moved.

      Also if I see a post that is potentially breaching the rules I leave it then go back to it to see if I've misread it, because it's all too easy to report that post in the heat of the moment. If there is a blatant breach then of course I will report the post.

      The facility you suggest could potentially diminish the member's responsibility to think before they post on the forum. They may just think "Oh it's okay, if it gets removed I can just get it back" whereas the current status quo should make people feel like they need to think before they post.

      I personally feel that the moderators do a brilliant job here and that taking up their time with the type of queries that would ensue from this would be counter productive for them. With a forum as large as this we should be trying to avoid giving the moderators any more work than they already have in keeping this forum running smoothly and keeping it spam free.

      To me, the ability to part-take in this forum is a privilege not a god-given right and should be treated as such.

      For $5 I'll explain to you what that "whoosh" sound is you may possibly hear several time a day...
      Signature
      Professional Googler
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1807927].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gail_Curran
      Dear Jacob,

      Just so you know, every single thread started by Harvey.Segal is a joke. Since he never uses smileys, people often misinterpret his sense of humor and think he's being totally serious. He's not.

      Unless, of course, he's writing about Clickbank. Man, Clickbank is no joking matter. Clickbank is serious stuff. Serious. Stuff. Really serious. Like, yeah. Serious.


      Signed,
      A fan of Harvey.Segal
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1807935].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jacob Anthony
        Originally Posted by Gail_Curran View Post

        Dear Jacob,

        Just so you know, every single thread started by Harvey.Segal is a joke. Since he never uses smileys, people often misinterpret his sense of humor and think he's being totally serious. He's not.

        Unless, of course, he's writing about Clickbank. Man, Clickbank is no joking matter. Clickbank is serious stuff. Serious. Stuff. Really serious. Like, yeah. Serious.


        Signed,
        A fan of Harvey.Segal
        Okay, I didn't realise it was a joke

        Jacob
        Signature

        Got an amazing business idea or product idea and need help launching it? Head over to Launch You RIGHT NOW to learn how we can get you up and running ABSOLUTELY FREE!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1808260].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author valerieSONORA
          Why did YOUR post end up in the asylum?

          Originally Posted by Dave Patterson View Post

          For $5 I'll explain to you what that "whoosh" sound is you may possibly hear several time a day...
          Can I get a review copy?

          Originally Posted by Jacob Anthony View Post

          Okay, I didn't realise it was a joke

          Jacob
          People have called it British humour. Being from the UK, you think you'd know about British humour.
          Signature

          siggy taking a break...

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1810253].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
            Originally Posted by valerieSONORA View Post

            Why did YOUR post end up in the asylum?
            No idea.

            "Why did YOUR post get moved" is a completely different service

            from

            "Why did YOUR post disappear"

            and is run by someone else.



            Harvey
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1810283].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author The 13th Warrior
            Originally Posted by valerieSONORA View Post


            People have called it British humour. Being from the UK, you think you'd know about British humour.

            I always wondered if the British invented "dry humor", it seems to be a major part or ingredient in their comedic endeavors.

            Except for Benny Hill, that funny guy, hardly "dry humor".
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1810949].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Martin Avis
              It is odd that Americans always seem to think that Harvey is so dry.

              We Brits think he's a bit wet.

              Or at the least, something of a drip.

              Martin
              Signature
              Martin Avis publishes Kickstart Newsletter - Subscribe free at http://kickstartnewsletter.com
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1811085].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
              Originally Posted by The 13th Warrior View Post

              I always wondered if the British invented "dry humor", it seems to be a major part or ingredient in their comedic endeavors.
              I've always been reasonably certain that the style was of French origin, although I cannot even begin to explain why I think this. Somehow, it seems like something the French did artistically in moderation, but the British simply fell in love with it and put it in everything... so the French shuddered in horror and swiftly departed the field.
              Signature
              "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1811125].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Martin Avis
                Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

                I've always been reasonably certain that the style was of French origin, although I cannot even begin to explain why I think this. Somehow, it seems like something the French did artistically in moderation, but the British simply fell in love with it and put it in everything... so the French shuddered in horror and swiftly departed the field.
                I suspect you are thinking of mime - an 'art form' that the French are very welcome to.

                I doubt that we stole dry humour from them - for one thing, nobody here speaks the language.

                Martin
                Signature
                Martin Avis publishes Kickstart Newsletter - Subscribe free at http://kickstartnewsletter.com
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1811191].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mr. Enthusiastic
              Originally Posted by The 13th Warrior View Post

              I always wondered if the British invented "dry humor", it seems to be a major part or ingredient in their comedic endeavors.
              If you add the British weather, then the humour rehydrates to American standards. Just leave it out on the porch overnight.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1812459].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Bjarne Eldhuset
                And here I thought my "deleted" posts were crap. As it now turns out they were gold, I want them back.

                You will hear from my lawyer.
                Signature
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1817237].message }}
        • [DELETED]
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1817303].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jacob Anthony
            Originally Posted by MarkAndrews IMCopywriting View Post

            And all this time I've been trying to teach Warriors the Celtic sense of humour.

            Ya bloomin' great Welsh loon, how could you not read that as a joke ya ruddy great muppet?!
            Sorry about that Mark!

            Some warrior forum member switched off my sense of humour that day when he tried to get me to agree to him sending me $600 to my paypal then asking me to send it back by western union! Funny thing was they were confused as to why I said I was no longer comfortable working with them!

            Celtic sense of humour is now working again and is fully engaged!

            BRING IT ON!!!

            Jacob
            Signature

            Got an amazing business idea or product idea and need help launching it? Head over to Launch You RIGHT NOW to learn how we can get you up and running ABSOLUTELY FREE!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1817372].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
              Originally Posted by Jacob Anthony View Post

              Sorry about that Mark!

              Some warrior forum member switched off my sense of humour that day when he tried to get me to agree to him sending me $600 to my paypal then asking me to send it back by western union! Funny thing was they were confused as to why I said I was no longer comfortable working with them!

              Celtic sense of humour is now working again and is fully engaged!

              BRING IT ON!!!

              Jacob
              I can't, alas, I'm a 'bloody' American!:p

              MissTerraK
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1817406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The 13th Warrior
    Originally Posted by Harvey.Segal View Post



    I have now purchased exclusive access rights to this forum
    and am thinking of offering the following service.


    (1) Basic membership. Ability to see which moderator removed
    your posts so you can converse with him and see why.

    Charge: a token fee to keep out the riff-raff ($2 per month)


    (2) Post resubmission. We will clean up your post, remove
    the potential objections and resubmit. A standard fee of $5
    per post. If declined we will return your fee.


    Please let me know if you would find this service useful.

    Yes, I, too, would like a review copy.

    A review would help with the marketability of your service and if you give me a review copy, I promise to write a very good review, although I have absolutely no idea if this is real or fake or a scam or viable, a promise is a promise.

    I am probably breaking forum rules by requesting a review copy, but I am so greedy and stupid, I probably would not have gotten around to reading the rules anyway.

    After all, the time used reading forum rules could cost me getting free stuff and making an extra buck.

    P.S. Does this come with rights? PM me for a JV.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1810938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
    Yeah, I'm wondering if you're going to have an affiliate program. I've already created a free report and 12-email autoresponder series to promote it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1812103].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The 13th Warrior
      The T.V. show "Barney Miller" to me is the perfect "dry humor" comedy, does not "try" to be funny like the U.S. version of "The Office".

      "Barny Miller", perfectly timed and balanced subtlety.

      I think I partly seen some British comedy sitcoms or scenes that were SOOOOO dry, you would need a microscope or CSI team to find the humor and/or irony, and even then, the humor is lost by trying to be too academically creative in its comedic presentation....too much "inside joke" humor if you are not privy to the references.

      Comedy for Mensas, or academic specific specialties not privy too. If Dennis Miller dryed up his comedic presentation, he would be King of England/UK, I suppose.

      British humor, sometimes, Sooooo dry, you wonder if its a liquid at all....., then you got to search what flavor it's trying to be, wow.

      The 13th Warrior
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1812352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lisa Gergets
    This thread has not met my expectations and I would like to request a refund.
    Signature
    Sign up to be notified when Success on Demand goes live, and receive a FREE mindmap that you can follow to create and launch your OWN IM PRODUCTS!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1817541].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mr. Enthusiastic
      Originally Posted by Lisa Gergets View Post

      This thread has not met my expectations and I would like to request a refund.
      When Dennis chases after you in this thread, he'll bring a complete refund of all the money you spent on this thread.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1817597].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jacob Anthony
    Here's a classic piece of british comedy!

    Signature

    Got an amazing business idea or product idea and need help launching it? Head over to Launch You RIGHT NOW to learn how we can get you up and running ABSOLUTELY FREE!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1817552].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jacob Anthony
    Here's how the welsh do comedy!!!

    Signature

    Got an amazing business idea or product idea and need help launching it? Head over to Launch You RIGHT NOW to learn how we can get you up and running ABSOLUTELY FREE!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1817616].message }}

Trending Topics