14 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Ha, Ha, this bird knows how to dance...
  • Profile picture of the author Dital
    Parrots are amazing
    Signature
    I never think of the future, it comes soon enough.
    (Albert Einstein)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1924370].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I watched a documentary last week where a person looking at a monitor saw 7-10 numbers displayed at random places on the monitor. The person was supposed to memorize the placement and was given 2-3 minutes to do that.

      Then the numbers were replaced with blank squares and the person was to touch the screen to show the numbers in order. Gradually the time allowed to memorize a random number display was shortened.

      Time after time the people couldn't do it - they even used people known for their excellent memory and those folks could touch the numbers correctly until the display time for the visible numbers was shortened to 3 seconds or so.

      What was interesting is that chimps could touch the correct sequence of numbers over and over - and were accurate even when they only saw the numbers for as little as 3 seconds. Amazing.
      Signature

      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.
      It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1924465].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author highhopes
        Ha ha ha, yes i saw that or a similar documentary on t.v. in the UK.
        there was in this case a female scientist v a chimp...the chimp won hands down, it amazed me Kay. It just shows we are not as smart as we thought we were!

        Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

        I watched a documentary last week where a person looking at a monitor saw 7-10 numbers displayed at random places on the monitor. The person was supposed to memorize the placement and was given 2-3 minutes to do that.

        Then the numbers were replaced with blank squares and the person was to touch the screen to show the numbers in order. Gradually the time allowed to memorize a random number display was shortened.

        Time after time the people couldn't do it - they even used people known for their excellent memory and those folks could touch the numbers correctly until the display time for the visible numbers was shortened to 3 seconds or so.

        What was interesting is that chimps could touch the correct sequence of numbers over and over - and were accurate even when they only saw the numbers for as little as 3 seconds. Amazing.
        Signature

        Ways to grow your online business. Earning online tips for the home worker and essential steps to take to earn money online.
        http://wwwtheearninghub.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1925282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dital
    Signature
    I never think of the future, it comes soon enough.
    (Albert Einstein)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1930533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dital
    Sorry for the double post - how do I get rid of the second one?
    Signature
    I never think of the future, it comes soon enough.
    (Albert Einstein)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1930552].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author highhopes
      Ha ha, no keep the second one on there Einstein deserves two posts!
      Signature

      Ways to grow your online business. Earning online tips for the home worker and essential steps to take to earn money online.
      http://wwwtheearninghub.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1934376].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dital
        Originally Posted by highhopes View Post

        Ha ha, no keep the second one on there Einstein deserves two posts!

        Then he'll be a spoiled little brat
        Signature
        I never think of the future, it comes soon enough.
        (Albert Einstein)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1946324].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KimW
      Originally Posted by Dital View Post

      Sorry for the double post - how do I get rid of the second one?
      Edit: Advanced options
      delete post.
      Signature

      Read A Post.
      Subscribe to a Newsletter
      KimWinfrey.Com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1934419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoeFox
    This may be an ice breaker for this forum whom I know people are so busy making money.. Thanks for the good laugh. It makes me unwind for a while.
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944718].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author highhopes
      That`s right joe it is a nice to relax a bit!

      Originally Posted by JoeFox View Post

      This may be an ice breaker for this forum whom I know people are so busy making money.. Thanks for the good laugh. It makes me unwind for a while.
      what about letting your child play with a snake?


      Signature

      Ways to grow your online business. Earning online tips for the home worker and essential steps to take to earn money online.
      http://wwwtheearninghub.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944740].message }}

Trending Topics