35 replies
Is anyone using DotComSecrets Local when selling online services locally?

From what I can tell (and I do like this a lot), they are basically acting as an outsourcer.

The concept of a trusted outsourcer to start with seems like a way to cut down on the hassle of dealing with someone who may or may not be able to perform.

I'm thinking about doing this, and any comments would be very welcome.

Marvin
#dotcomsecrets #local
  • Profile picture of the author RRG
    Originally Posted by Marvin Johnston View Post

    Is anyone using DotComSecrets Local when selling online services locally?

    From what I can tell (and I do like this a lot), they are basically acting as an outsourcer.

    The concept of a trusted outsourcer to start with seems like a way to cut down on the hassle of dealing with someone who may or may not be able to perform.

    I'm thinking about doing this, and any comments would be very welcome.

    Marvin
    What's the bottom line? What is Brunson charging for this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5368224].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marvin Johnston
      Originally Posted by RRG View Post

      What's the bottom line? What is Brunson charging for this?
      He is basically charging $1000 for the sales training to become a DotComSecrets ... can't remember what he called it ... but it is basically a sales rep. Buy services at one price, and resell for a profit.

      Other stuff is included, but IMHO is not really relevant to my question.

      Marvin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5368282].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RRG
        Originally Posted by Marvin Johnston View Post

        He is basically charging $1000 for the sales training to become a DotComSecrets ... can't remember what he called it ... but it is basically a sales rep. Buy services at one price, and resell for a profit.

        Other stuff is included, but IMHO is not really relevant to my question.

        Marvin
        No reason to be humble.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5368337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketman007
    i have a company that offers website, seo , internet marketing etc, and i bought the course to see if the outsourcing is better, cheaper etc, and what the sales tools etc they had, to see what i could absorb into my own business.

    unfortunatly there was not one thing of value to me, and so i got a refund. now if you have no assets, no outsources etc, then this is defiantly a good start.

    however, there are lots of other companies that offer the same sort of service. so its just a matter of comparing what they offer, and what others offer.

    i hope that helps
    Signature

    Interested in boosting your Online Marketing Presence? I can show you HOW.
    About Me | Our Team | SEO | Webb Apps | Internet Venture Technology

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5369288].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marvin Johnston
      Originally Posted by marketman007 View Post

      i have a company that offers website, seo , internet marketing etc, and i bought the course to see if the outsourcing is better, cheaper etc, and what the sales tools etc they had, to see what i could absorb into my own business.

      unfortunatly there was not one thing of value to me, and so i got a refund. now if you have no assets, no outsources etc, then this is defiantly a good start.

      however, there are lots of other companies that offer the same sort of service. so its just a matter of comparing what they offer, and what others offer.

      i hope that helps
      Yes, it does help a lot ... thanks for your comments.

      I've been playing around with their trial lead scraper software tonight (scrapes from Craigslist.) But I really didn't find any useful leads in my area. I'll spend more time tomorrow and see what I can find.

      Perhaps the full version available to IMAs might be more useful using Google Places and the Yellow Pages for finding leads.

      Has that been your experience?

      Marvin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5369688].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davidbatchelor
      Originally Posted by marketman007 View Post

      i have a company that offers website, seo , internet marketing etc, and i bought the course to see if the outsourcing is better, cheaper etc, and what the sales tools etc they had, to see what i could absorb into my own business.

      unfortunatly there was not one thing of value to me, and so i got a refund. now if you have no assets, no outsources etc, then this is defiantly a good start.

      however, there are lots of other companies that offer the same sort of service. so its just a matter of comparing what they offer, and what others offer.

      i hope that helps
      Really, so are you saying the "How to get 100 Customers in 100 Days" automated webinar you can use to generate UNLIMITED of leads for your new business was not of value either?

      Do you have people re selling your services?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6466140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marvin Johnston
    Well, I went ahead today and bought the program. I still love the idea of not having to deal with finding non-flaky outsourcing, and that is basically what the program is all about.

    I'm going through the Certification training right now, and I must admit that it is top notch. They do have a lot of help and resources to help with training and closing clients.

    So far, I really like what I'm seeing.

    Marvin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5381986].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketman007
      Originally Posted by Marvin Johnston View Post

      Well, I went ahead today and bought the program. I still love the idea of not having to deal with finding non-flaky outsourcing, and that is basically what the program is all about.

      I'm going through the Certification training right now, and I must admit that it is top notch. They do have a lot of help and resources to help with training and closing clients.

      So far, I really like what I'm seeing.

      Marvin

      I agree that the tool is not useful.

      Based on person experience of the market, I don't think yellow pages campaign will be successful either.

      I am focusing heavily on making elance.com and service seeking working

      Compare quotes and prices from more than 50,000 local businesses.

      https://www.elance.com/s/ibsaustralia/

      I am using an Indian BDM with 5 years Elance experience bidding for our profiles


      Here are our prices we are charging to clients depending on how the client comes to us (online or offline)

      Template website $500
      Custom - 10 page $1500 - $4000
      Custom - 15 page $1900 - $7000
      Ecommerce module $1200 - $3000

      SEO - 8 keywords - $500
      SEO - 14 keywords - $700
      SEO - 25 keywords - $1000

      If you want, you can access our team, and use our processes, briefs, basecamp etc to get these products delivered as our team is cheaper than dotcomsecrets.

      Your prices would only be 20% of what my rates /costs are, if your interested in that? Then you can charge the same sort of prices I charge out
      Signature

      Interested in boosting your Online Marketing Presence? I can show you HOW.
      About Me | Our Team | SEO | Webb Apps | Internet Venture Technology

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5382262].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ketombirionline
      Hi Marv I am itching to get my hands on this programme but there is so little info out there on it.Ive googled it but got nothing.I need answers before i get into it,you know a little diligence.I am in the UK.Does it work here for example.then Groupon takes a 50% cut from the word go,how then can one negotiate with them on price etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7154351].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Marvin Johnston
        Originally Posted by Ketombirionline View Post

        Hi Marv I am itching to get my hands on this programme but there is so little info out there on it.Ive googled it but got nothing.I need answers before i get into it,you know a little diligence.I am in the UK.Does it work here for example.then Groupon takes a 50% cut from the word go,how then can one negotiate with them on price etc.
        This program is designed to work with local businesses to help them get more leads and clients. Thus people in the program are sales people ... they sell businesses the expertise the businesses don't have in order to grow, or sometimes to even stay in business.

        My particular viewpoint is to be effective, you will need to have a good general understanding of Internet Marketing. And like anything, your knowledge and expertise will grow the more you put it to use.

        Basically, DCS provide excellent ongoing sales training in the form of weekly webinars, and provide wholesale services ... lead generations websites and related services ... to the people that have joined. I have no reason to think it would not work anywhere in the world that has Internet access as a common method of communication.

        These services are bought at wholesale prices and marked up to sell to customers. For someone without a customer base and without at least some idea of what Internet Marketing is all about, it could be challenging.

        BUT the support is there to help people succeed. The key to success is identical to any type of opportunity .. take action.

        The sales video showed three types of sales interactions: email, phone, and networking. While all three methods work, the most successful people I've seen are networkers and people who build relationships with their customers.

        There is enough information and training that a complete newbie could get started, but again, they would need to be motivated to learn and hustle to be a success.

        Hope this helps.

        Marvin
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7156880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goindeep
    Im keen on dotcomsecrets local too.

    Im just wondering if A) they offer web design as most of it seemed to be about marketing B) if you are allowed to sort of own an geo area like a real franchise would and C) if there is any assistance in getting leads/sales other then the webinar and the scraper?

    Ive sent then a support ticket before I pull out my credit card. Would love what other have to say about it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5756621].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davidbatchelor
      Originally Posted by Andrei Rotariu View Post

      Im keen on dotcomsecrets local too.

      Im just wondering if A) they offer web design as most of it seemed to be about marketing B) if you are allowed to sort of own an geo area like a real franchise would and C) if there is any assistance in getting leads/sales other then the webinar and the scraper?

      Ive sent then a support ticket before I pull out my credit card. Would love what other have to say about it.
      Hey Andrei,

      Yes, they do offer website design services that will actually get customers!

      You are not tired to one location, which is great.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6466172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sundaymorning
    I have been to a dotcomsecrets webinar but I didn't pay for the training because I felt like the warrior fourm was a bigger asset. I was think why pay 1000 to learn the same thing that I'm learning here for a fraction of that. Just a thought.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5759678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author momarketer
    Hopefully this post will be helpful to everyone...first I love the Warrior Forum. Second, I've been outsourcing for three years. I have a folder full of WSO's. All that said, I'm with DCS Local and for full disclosure, I'm one of their certification trainers and one of the coaches on the live calls we have every Friday.

    DCS Local is a license and doesn't preclude you from using other services. However, I've been very pleased with DCS and their partner services. I've quit using some of my overseas outsourcers, but not all of them. The training is the best reason to give them a look. I've purchased plenty of training in my 15 years of internet marketing and this is the best start from scratch system I've seen (note my disclaimer and bias...LOL). Have their been some challenges? Yes, any new business will, but Russell and his team have worked extremely hard to fix any bugs and respond to the IMA's requests for training.

    Finally, as one of the trainers and "Master IMA's" I've spoken with nearly a hundred people who have started the program. I'm sure it would be no surprise to you that those who take action and implement are the ones that succeed and those that complain and blame and think about what they should be doing are the ones who fail and/or ask for refunds after 60 days.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5772841].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davidbatchelor
      Originally Posted by momarketer View Post

      Hopefully this post will be helpful to everyone...first I love the Warrior Forum. Second, I've been outsourcing for three years. I have a folder full of WSO's. All that said, I'm with DCS Local and for full disclosure, I'm one of their certification trainers and one of the coaches on the live calls we have every Friday.

      DCS Local is a license and doesn't preclude you from using other services. However, I've been very pleased with DCS and their partner services. I've quit using some of my overseas outsourcers, but not all of them. The training is the best reason to give them a look. I've purchased plenty of training in my 15 years of internet marketing and this is the best start from scratch system I've seen (note my disclaimer and bias...LOL). Have their been some challenges? Yes, any new business will, but Russell and his team have worked extremely hard to fix any bugs and respond to the IMA's requests for training.

      Finally, as one of the trainers and "Master IMA's" I've spoken with nearly a hundred people who have started the program. I'm sure it would be no surprise to you that those who take action and implement are the ones that succeed and those that complain and blame and think about what they should be doing are the ones who fail and/or ask for refunds after 60 days.
      Thanks for that.

      I have a couple of questions seen you are one of their certification trainers and one of the coaches on the live calls

      1 How long has this system been around?

      2 How fresh is the content?

      3 Do you know of other "Master IMA's" in other parts of the world, such as New Zealand and Australia who are having great success with this?

      4 Can you verify that for every 10 business owners who watch the webinar 'get 100 customers in 100 days' one joins?

      Thanks,
      ~ David
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6466246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jop52
    Hey Guys, just throwing it out there -- I've been with Russell's DCS Local for a few months now, LOVE it and I will clearly say that there are resources, training and connections I would have never made without having joined. I've made sales to local business that I would never have made. I know it's $1k to join but if that $1k earns you "more than $1k" it's worth it right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5787557].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CoolMomma
      Hi Jop52,

      Thanks for sharing your DCS Local experience.
      Just wondering how long it took you to make sales to local business after you bought the program? Did the credibility package they provide help tremendously? What kind of prospecting tools did you use and were provided by DCS Local? Do they only have the webinar as prospecting means or do they have additional tools?
      Sorry for asking lots of questions..but I want to make sure before spending $1000 on this program

      Thanks!
      CM

      Originally Posted by jop52 View Post

      Hey Guys, just throwing it out there -- I've been with Russell's DCS Local for a few months now, LOVE it and I will clearly say that there are resources, training and connections I would have never made without having joined. I've made sales to local business that I would never have made. I know it's $1k to join but if that $1k earns you "more than $1k" it's worth it right?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5792965].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KGee
      Originally Posted by momarketer View Post

      All that said, I'm with DCS Local and for full disclosure, I'm one of their certification trainers and one of the coaches on the live calls we have every Friday.

      Finally, as one of the trainers and "Master IMA's" I've spoken with nearly a hundred people who have started the program. I'm sure it would be no surprise to you that those who take action and implement are the ones that succeed and those that complain and blame and think about what they should be doing are the ones who fail and/or ask for refunds after 60 days.
      Originally Posted by jop52 View Post

      Hey Guys, just throwing it out there -- I've been with Russell's DCS Local for a few months now, LOVE it and I will clearly say that there are resources, training and connections I would have never made without having joined. I've made sales to local business that I would never have made. I know it's $1k to join but if that $1k earns you "more than $1k" it's worth it right?
      Hey guys,

      This question is for both of you. I am just wondering if you guys are seeing profits with this and have either of you quit your day jobs and in momarketer's case do you know if any of those students you talked to were making nice profits and/or quit their day jobs?

      This would be the real litmus test for me. If it is working for them then it can also work for me. To be honest, all this sounds possible, so I am leaning toward trying it out.

      Some of the things that concern me:
      1. The price differences that marketman007 mentioned. It seems this may make it hard to sell to a business who is really doing their due diligence for who they should hire for their online marketing.
      2. The flexibility of using their tools in your own way. For example: The webinar that they offer for you to offer your potential clients, can this be embeded in your own website. I can be picky about little stuff like that. What can I say? I like freedom.

      Thanks you,
      Gerald
      Signature

      Gerald Daniels

      http://heroicware.linktrackr.com/dcsx_wf

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5793201].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KGee
        Ok, I just signed up for this earlier today and there is something you all should know, that caught me by surprise and has me already leaning toward the door. I am the type of person that likes up front and honest disclosure.

        Anyway, I watched this webinar earlier today and since there was a 60 day money back guarantee, I decided to give it a try and give them my $997.

        During the webinar there were 6 items that were presented as bonuses. I assumed a bonus meant free or at least comes at no cost with your payment for the main product. Well that is not the case with these bonuses. Once you pay for this and login, you will see that those bonuses, mentioned in the webinar, are actually items you have to buy. This was not what I was expecting. A little honesty around what they meant would have been nice.

        I just wanted to make sure you all knew this before you take the plunge.

        My next step is to go through the certification and then start putting this to work. I am not sure how long it will take me to get through that. If I can remember, time permits and there is still interest here (not very much at the moment), I will come back and provide more feedback.

        Thank you,
        Gerald
        Signature

        Gerald Daniels

        http://heroicware.linktrackr.com/dcsx_wf

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5795224].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author goindeep
          Originally Posted by KGee View Post

          Ok, I just signed up for this earlier today and there is something you all should know, that caught me by surprise and has me already leaning toward the door. I am the type of person that likes up front and honest disclosure.

          Anyway, I watched this webinar earlier today and since there was a 60 day money back guarantee, I decided to give it a try and give them my $997.

          During the webinar there were 6 items that were presented as bonuses. I assumed a bonus meant free or at least comes at no cost with your payment for the main product. Well that is not the case with these bonuses. Once you pay for this and login, you will see that those bonuses, mentioned in the webinar, are actually items you have to buy. This was not what I was expecting. A little honesty around what they meant would have been nice.

          I just wanted to make sure you all knew this before you take the plunge.

          My next step is to go through the certification and then start putting this to work. I am not sure how long it will take me to get through that. If I can remember, time permits and there is still interest here (not very much at the moment), I will come back and provide more feedback.

          Thank you,
          Gerald

          Hey there, how did you go?

          Mind reviewing here: http://www.warriorforum.com/internet...al-review.html
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5905245].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author just me
            I joined DCS Local about 6 wks ago and have just begun my 30 day challenge. Surely Russell's webinar and salesletter are awesome. I would have to say he pushed to the limit by demanding $1000 for his training. I was not too impressed either that I have to purchase the website and seo as an IMA at such a prime cost. I felt it should be part of the package really. Maybe Russell might review this later. Other than these issues I will say thumbs up to Russell and his team. First of all the training is awesome. I used to think that Russell is a freak when it comes to giving information and DCS turned out to be no exception. When you evaluate this carefully, the best value you get out of this is your training on how to find and sell to local businesses. He is teaching you how to be a real marketer by outsourcing as well. For the experienced marketers, Russell's option will seem expensive because they are already familiar with the terrain. But for the newbies, it is definitely well worth it. It is also a perfect opportunity to earn while you learn by providing you with the reseller services. What about the credibility you earn through association with DCS? I like that aspect too. Others seem to think that cheap WSOs can take you this far. I have bought a few too and they often address the issue from a single perspective. You need to put several WSOs together to get any comprehensive solution and the time, learning curve and focus you require is incomparable to what you might get at DCS. Compare this with the DCS 30 day challenge and when you always put it at the back of your mind that you paid $1000 to gain entry into DCS, then the push to succeed is enormous. It’s no surprise why Russell earns such hate as I remembered what he mentioned in one of his DCS training videos that 'if you are not annoying anybody with your marketing then you are not doing it well enough '. And finally, who says you cannot do it as the warriors are doing it once DCS turns you into a pro offline marketer? Only the sky will be your limit.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6061310].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davidbatchelor
      Originally Posted by jop52 View Post

      Hey Guys, just throwing it out there -- I've been with Russell's DCS Local for a few months now, LOVE it and I will clearly say that there are resources, training and connections I would have never made without having joined. I've made sales to local business that I would never have made. I know it's $1k to join but if that $1k earns you "more than $1k" it's worth it right?
      Could I ask how well it has worked for you as far as results go? The residual side looks attractive, how are they panning out for you?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6466255].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ketombirionline
      From a webinar to a pay page.it doesnt leave us much room to do some due diligence on this programme.Where is the website,the sales page.I have not found any online reviews.Is anybody making it with ds local especially in the UK? I would like to chat to you if you if you have signed up.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7138928].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
        The biggest value to me is how he sells it.

        Best,
        Ewen
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7138966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ianstables
    I've seen a lot of buzz around Dotcomsecrets and a lot of positive reviews.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6436459].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HAdrian1239
    I am an IMA and love it. While nothing is perfect, their fulfillment team is excellent in 99% of situations. The only area I feel they could really improve in is mobile site development and that kind of thing, but I have other providers if need be for those sorts of elements.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6436841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wasel
    Hello guys,
    There's an OTO for the basic product. Can anyone tell me what's in the OTO? I saw in one of the above thread website and SEO having to buy. Are these in the OTO?

    Also, what are the six bonuses that were supposed to be FREE but instead have to buy them?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6697859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marvin Johnston
    Couple of comments about DCS Local. I got a PM asking about it, and I tend not to respond to PMs. My preference is to publicly post comments so everyone can benefit.

    First, I got tied up with a long term (engineering/programming design) project a few weeks after I joined, and thus have done nothing with it except education ... so far.

    I saw a few comments about the price to join ($1000.00 one time) being high. My thoughts are to compare it to the many membership sites at a monthly rate for ongoing training. This is pretty cheap considering the quality of their weekly training.

    Second, I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever guarantee that any company could get 100 customers in 100 days as their are too many variables. But it is another tool to help qualify and get clients.

    Finally, I haven't heard of any other outsoucing that provides live training with q&a on an ongoing basis.

    My project is almost done (finally!) and time to get going on this again!

    Marvin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6699441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wasel
    Ok, I just signed up for this earlier today and there is something you all should know, that caught me by surprise and has me already leaning toward the door. I am the type of person that likes up front and honest disclosure.

    Anyway, I watched this webinar earlier today and since there was a 60 day money back guarantee, I decided to give it a try and give them my $997.

    During the webinar there were 6 items that were presented as bonuses. I assumed a bonus meant free or at least comes at no cost with your payment for the main product. Well that is not the case with these bonuses. Once you pay for this and login, you will see that those bonuses, mentioned in the webinar, are actually items you have to buy. This was not what I was expecting. A little honesty around what they meant would have been nice.

    I just wanted to make sure you all knew this before you take the plunge.

    My next step is to go through the certification and then start putting this to work. I am not sure how long it will take me to get through that. If I can remember, time permits and there is still interest here (not very much at the moment), I will come back and provide more feedback.

    Thank you,
    Gerald
    Hello Gerald,

    You mentioned it here. What are the six bonus things you end up having to buy. There's an OTO of $1997 . What are they? Can anyone clarify this to me? Do we need these OTO to enable the whole thing to work? I do not want to be caught with any surprises
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6700830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marvin Johnston
    I don't remember six OTOs, but I do remember an upsell to co-author a book with Russell Brunson. If there were six OTOs, they are not necessary per se to make things work. But like the book, they would add some credibility and perhaps help get things started faster.

    Marvin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6701546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vndnbrgj
    I agree with Ewen.

    Everyone is paying $1000 to become a reseller and build up his name.
    Well done.
    Signature
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone
    - Neale Donald Wilson -
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7139046].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by ewenmack View Post

      The biggest value to me is how he sells it.

      Best,
      Ewen


      Originally Posted by vndnbrgj View Post

      I agree with Ewen.

      Everyone is paying $1000 to become a reseller and build up his name.
      Well done.
      Since I sell offers similar to DotComSecretsLocal, I read the sales letter, watched the webinar, and saw the video about "100 customers in 100 days"

      The first thing I looked at was how it was sold. That alone would be worth the price of admission, I think.
      And the $1,000 is a decent price, but the real value (to Brunson) is made on the services sold, I would think. It's been awhile since I read the offer. Maybe Brunson doesn't sell the services, and you deal directly with an outsourcer.

      I seriously considered buying just to get the marketing materials. I suppose I could have just bought, copied everything (to rework later) and got a refund.
      But I would never ask for a refund if the package delivered what was promised. And I didn't want it that badly.

      The program looks like a no-brainer for beginners. And most prospects are beginners (to online marketing) too, and this program appeals to them as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7155932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    From my understanding the this system is using endlessrise to do all the seo work. This is just my own choice but I don't touch overseas seo workers for my clients, it's all USA based and yes it does cost me more but I just pass that along to my clients. Not saying anything is wrong with endless rise its just my choice not to use them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7141974].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Boavida
      I agree, especially for me doing SEO for foreign language. Only a matter of time before Google change their algorithm to find bl's build in another language then targeted.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7142445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ch21
    do you have to pay up front to get into dotcomsecrets local?? or after 30 days?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8019193].message }}

Trending Topics