Outsourcing the Client Finding / Selling Process?

11 replies
Hey everyone,
Just wondering how I could possibly go about doing this.
I am not comfortable enough on the phone, and I cannot do face-to-face (due to my location being far away from town), and I in general would like to outsource the process anyhow. I am in the business of setting up mobile websites for business, and have been following WillR's WSO ' My Mobile Business ' (Is what I believe it is called). So if you know how I could find someone to outsource

1) Finding Viable Businesses
2) Contact Them
3) Sell the Website to Them

I generally sell the websites for $197 - $397 (I've sold five) and am hoping for atleast 1 / day. Thanks!
#client #finding #outsourcing #process #selling
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Many threads on here have explained how, as the business owner, it's in your best interests to learn how to prospect comfortably. No one will ever have the passion and interest level in your business as you will.

    Also, qualified telemarketers are best for appointment setting. You likely would still have to sell.

    Higher level salespeople won't work for anything less than $30/hr or a very generous commission.

    Use the Search function and find out others' responses to outsourcing questions.

    Selling is a skill like any other, so for you to give up on it because you're not comfortable with it is like a chef trainee saying they're not cut out for cooking after two days of classes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5465635].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cozens
      I maintain that the best way to make clients is to sell your business yourself.It's even better you learn to do the selling than doing the design itself, because you can easily outsource the design. Just keep trying.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5465952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick W
    You say you have sold 5 already, how have you sold these?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5465962].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Miller
      I'm not sure that I can articulate why posts such as these bother me no end. Perhaps because it shows that there is not a true understanding, or respect, of the value of sales and marketing.
      Signature
      The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.
      -- FRANK SINATRA, quoted in The Way You Wear Your Hat
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5466208].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
        Originally Posted by David Miller View Post

        I'm not sure that I can articulate why posts such as these bother me no end. Perhaps because it shows that there is not a true understanding, or respect, of the value of sales and marketing.

        Why? because of the ridiculously low price ?

        or was it the one a day comment ?

        im just curious to what your thinking when you said that.
        Signature

        Selling Ain't for Sissies
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477179].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author David Miller
          Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

          Why? because of the ridiculously low price ?

          or was it the one a day comment ?

          im just curious to what your thinking when you said that.

          Well Ken, actually I can easily articulate it but it's going to tick a few people off......be glad to share in a PM sometime.
          Signature
          The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.
          -- FRANK SINATRA, quoted in The Way You Wear Your Hat
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author korker
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5466296].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Blinking
      Originally Posted by kaniganj View Post

      Many threads on here have explained how, as the business owner, it's in your best interests to learn how to prospect comfortably. No one will ever have the passion and interest level in your business as you will.

      Also, qualified telemarketers are best for appointment setting. You likely would still have to sell.

      Higher level salespeople won't work for anything less than $30/hr or a very generous commission.

      Use the Search function and find out others' responses to outsourcing questions.

      Selling is a skill like any other, so for you to give up on it because you're not comfortable with it is like a chef trainee saying they're not cut out for cooking after two days of classes.
      Originally Posted by cozens View Post

      I maintain that the best way to make clients is to sell your business yourself.It's even better you learn to do the selling than doing the design itself, because you can easily outsource the design. Just keep trying.
      I understand where you guys are coming from, however I don't really have the time do be doing it myself.
      Originally Posted by Rick W View Post

      You say you have sold 5 already, how have you sold these?
      E-mailing and phone calling.

      Originally Posted by korker View Post

      I can understand where he's coming from. Making offline sales get much easier the more you do it. I know it sounds cliche but it's true. The only reason you would want to outsource sales would be if I didn't have enough time to do it yourself.
      Thanks. That is the reason is I do not have enough time to do it myself.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5466729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aussieguy
    Actually, it's perfectly valid to outsource everything. If you buy a franchise - let me think of a random example, I dunno, maybe....a clothing store, some particular label.
    Sure, you need to get to know all aspects of the business. But day to day you're not going to be the salesperson on the floor, and you're not making the clothes either for that matter.

    Outsourcing is financially a question of revenues and expenses (i.e. profits) and then there are management decisions to do with quality, timeliness, vulnerabilities etc.
    Nothing to do with not understanding or appreciating sales and marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5466773].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author juice
    Place a simple ad in Craigslist for a "Seasoned Advertising Sales Rep" with an existing book of business and offer a good commission - 25-30% for your Mobile Marketing Biz.

    Increase the price of your mobile sites to $397 - $597 to help cover the cost of your sales reps commission and help him make $100 minimum on a sale. This will get you started. One good rep can make your biz a nice profit!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5470487].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Blinking
      Originally Posted by juice View Post

      Place a simple ad in Craigslist for a "Seasoned Advertising Sales Rep" with an existing book of business and offer a good commission - 25-30% for your Mobile Marketing Biz.

      Increase the price of your mobile sites to $397 - $597 to help cover the cost of your sales reps commission and help him make $100 minimum on a sale. This will get you started. One good rep can make your biz a nice profit!
      Thank you do much. This is the kind of answer I was looking for. Pm me if you ever need some help and I'll of course return the favour.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aussieguy
    C'mon David! I wanna hear your thoughts too!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477845].message }}

Trending Topics