Craigslist-Best section to post in

7 replies
Hi

Has anyone had any experience with selling offline SEO services or anything else to businesses on craigslist?

If so what is the best section for the most views and leads to advertise in for SEO on craigslist?

Would it be Services, JObs, Gigs, For Sale etc..anyone who has any experience and been successful with this could please put your 2 cents in, it would be very appreciative

Thanks so much
#advertise #craigslist #craigslistbest #offline #post #section #seo #services
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6794271].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Scott E
      Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

      Services.

      However... I don't believe you'll have much luck with SEO.

      Thanks for advice

      Why would you say that not much luck with SEO?
      Any help would be appreicated

      Thanks
      Signature
      Your website is losing valuable sales and leads every single day.

      Find out how we can help fix the problem quickly and easily.

      http://www.onlinemarketingmobile.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6794303].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theBUSINESS
      Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

      Services.

      However... I don't believe you'll have much luck with SEO.
      Curious as to why it won't work? :p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6794343].message }}
  • The problem with Craigslist is, in my experience anyway, not a ton of business owners are actually there looking for these services. I'm sure it'd be a good way to get the word out at first but doing local marketing offline and out there produces much better results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6794350].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by Scott E View Post

      Thanks for advice

      Why would you say that not much luck with SEO?
      Any help would be appreicated

      Thanks
      Originally Posted by theBUSINESS View Post

      Curious as to why it won't work? :p
      I'm not saying it WON'T work, I just don't think you'll have that much success offering "SEO". The reason is, people on craigslist often are not searching for SEO, even more business owners don't know what SEO is.

      When I stopped offering SEO, and started offering ONLINE MARKETING, my conversions doubled.

      Nobody cares about SEO anymore... the ones that are looking for it on Craigslist are often delusional. A #1 ranking doesn't matter... What matters is more customers, that's what they understand and that's what they care about. You might still be doing SEO, but it's the approach that is the difference. You can sell SEO without ever saying SEO. Know what I mean?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6794843].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Scott E
        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        I'm not saying it WON'T work, I just don't think you'll have that much success offering "SEO". The reason is, people on craigslist often are not searching for SEO, even more business owners don't know what SEO is.

        When I stopped offering SEO, and started offering ONLINE MARKETING, my conversions doubled.

        Nobody cares about SEO anymore... the ones that are looking for it on Craigslist are often delusional. A #1 ranking doesn't matter... What matters is more customers, that's what they understand and that's what they care about. You might still be doing SEO, but it's the approach that is the difference. You can sell SEO without ever saying SEO. Know what I mean?

        Thanks very much for your advice..it is much appreciated sir
        Signature
        Your website is losing valuable sales and leads every single day.

        Find out how we can help fix the problem quickly and easily.

        http://www.onlinemarketingmobile.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6794877].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abbot
    Banned
    Don't sell SEO via CL.. People are not searching for SEO on CL. Think about it...people are looking for a website. Those that have current websites, will go to their provider for SEO 95% of the time. That being said..

    Offer web design, and upsell them a MARKETING PLAN. Not SEO..like nameless said, people hate the word SEO nowadays because the meaning has been mangled to hell by the 'newbz'. Sell them a PLAN OF ATTACK.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6795592].message }}

Trending Topics