How bout $7,000 A WEEKEND from HS Football!

by midasman09 Banned
34 replies
CORRECTION: $7,000 A MONTH from HS Football Games!

Warrior Ben has a great thread (below)where he suggests selling Ads on Seat Cushions ....then selling the seat cushions to the Fans at HS football games.

That' a good one! Because local businesses will buy an ad on these and....Fans (aka Supporters) WILL BUY the cushions BUT.....I remember one I did some time ago.....one I think is Far Easier to sell and get up and running and a lot less effort!

Introducing....FAN BRACELETS (aka Wrist-Bands)

(SEE CORRECTION BELOW! We sold an average of 350 per HS Game (1500 a Month @ $5 ea) and 800 per college game and 2,500 at a Justin Bieber Concert. Stil can't get the photo reduced)

You just go to the Game's Parking Lot.....when fans come in, walk up to them ....show a handful of Bracelets to them and say;

You - "Hey! Excuse me! I'm raising money for a (local charity) and providing Fans with these great custom Fan Bracelets with the Team's Name on them (Hand them one)
Are you a Supporter of the Team?"

Fan - "You Bet!!"

You- "Great! Now you can show your true support with these terrific (Name of Team) Fan Bracelets! They're just 5 bux and you can help me Raise Money for (Name of local charity)"

(Assume the Sale by saying) "Which COLOR would you like?"

If they say a Color....HAND THE BRACELET TO THEM and say; "5 Bux, I have change for a 10 or 20!"

This is the Fastest, Easiest Sale I've ever made!

EVERYONE has 5 Bux.....for a colorful Wrist-Band with their Team's Name on it! You Kiddin' ME?

First time I did this....I could NOT believe the Interest and Response.

The Bracelets....from this supplier,... Custom Bracelets for Fundraising | Silicone Bracelet Fundraiser
cost $1.80ea for 200 and $.90 ea for 1,000"!

Note: I have since found another supplier 1,000 for 13 CENTS EACH!

I ALSO DISCOVERED I DON'T REALLY NEED TO INVOLVE A CHARITY! Fans just want the Bracelets! But...to start with, until you get more confidence in your sales ability....go to a "Small" local charity.....tell them you'll be selling the WristBands at local Sporting Events AND....Concerts....and you'd like to give them 15% or 20% of the sales.

If it's small charity ...the Director can give you the OK right then and there! If he says he will need to "check with anyone"....thank him for his time and go find anther charity.

Again....I have found that you really don't need to get a charity involved! The Fans could care less! They just want to get to their seats.....give you $5.....grab the bracelet and go!

As I mentioned....these are also great sellers at Concerts. Put the name of the Band on the Bracelets.

THIS is something you can do at most any event where there are FANS! (Band Concerts....Boxing & Wrestling bouts)

I put a photo below to give you an idea of what they look like.

This one is NO B.S.! It CAN make you a bundle!

Start small and GO FOR IT!

Don Alm

NOTE: I can't upload photo until I trim it down....later
#bout #football #weekend
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    Great idea but how to you purpose to sell 1400 bracelets at "1" event being just one person.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SashaLee
    Hi there,

    The principle is sound, with the exception you might get a lawsuit slapped on you for selling promotional items at a concert.

    @ Rus Sells

    I know you know there's a little inflation included in just about all of midasman's posts. That's what makes them so entertaining!

    All the best,

    Sasha
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439316].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
      Sasha, he's talking about a highschool football event, not a concert. = )

      Originally Posted by SashaLee View Post

      Hi there,

      The principle is sound, with the exception you might get a lawsuit slapped on you for selling promotional items at a concert.

      @ Rus Sells

      I know you know there's a little inflation included in just about all of midasman's posts. That's what makes them so entertaining!

      All the best,

      Sasha
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterme
    Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

    Great idea but how to you purpose to sell 1400 bracelets at "1" event being just one person.
    Good question. And we have to assume it's only one person, not a crew pitching people in the parking lot, otherwise undoubtedly Security would be notified and kick them out.

    So I think we'd agree you simply have to keep a low profile when doing this. So he must go to more than one high school game. He could travel around the State to all the high schools.

    But I can't wrap my head around the math.

    Because let's say that the average high school game has attendance of... 100 people? 200 people? Let's be optimistic and say 500 people.

    So he only needs 4 games to go with 500 in attendance and be able to pitch every. single. person.

    And let's assume he sells 1 out of every 2 people. Oh heck, let's be even more optimistic and say it's 4 out of 5.

    And that he pitches those 5 and closes the 4 sales in 5 minutes, tops.

    OK. So that's an average of 400 sales per game. So he needs to get to about 4 games when they're letting fans in, which gives him a brief window of time, assuming that the games don't start at the same time.

    And to sell those 400 at each game at 4 sales per 5 minutes, it takes only 500 minutes at every one of the four games (400 sales / 4 sales * 5 minutes).

    So to sell 400 bracelets per game at a clip of 4 sales every 5 minutes at each game only takes 8.3 hours per game to do. As the fans roll in.

    Holy Camoly!
    Signature
    "Best book on answering objections I have seen... it's for photographers but it has brilliant techniques you can use in any business." - Claude Whitacre. When They Say That, You Say This (Amazon Kindle)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8439776].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author midasman09
      Banned
      Wow! Excuse me. We sold these bracelets (wrist bands) at COLLEGE football games. 800 per person (2 people) selling a total of 1,600 per Game....took us 90 minutes.

      At a "Justin Bieber" Concert we sold 2,500.

      We sold an Average of 350 at HS Football Games!.....which is still $1,750 per Game.....x 4 Games a Month = $7,000 A MONTH!

      Heck.....just sell 100 per HS Game! They're VERY easy to sell.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440066].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ron Lafuddy
      Misterme: In Don's original post, he did say that he was working with his wife on this.
      I see that he changed it when he made corrections/additions and left that part out.

      Just like with the cushions, why not make it a Booster Club project? Get them on
      your side and let them do the selling. Kick them $2.50 or so on every sale.

      Work with 4-5 high schools if you want to keep it small.

      Very doable.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    Originally Posted by midasman09 View Post

    Note: I have since found another supplier 1,000 for 13 CENTS EACH!
    Are you sharing this source? I would really love to know. And didn't see it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440114].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vikuna2009+
      Originally Posted by Aaron Doud View Post

      Are you sharing this source? I would really love to know. And didn't see it.
      Here you go;

      Printed Wristbands | Custom Silicone Wristbands - 24HourWristbands.Com

      Costs more though if you want them printed in the Good ole USA...

      Eva
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440156].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheNewGuy2010
      The cheapest that I've seen was 18 cents and these were made in China.


      Originally Posted by Aaron Doud View Post

      Are you sharing this source? I would really love to know. And didn't see it.
      Signature
      Retired Internet Marketer.
      Gone Fishing....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8496550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterme
    Originally Posted by Ron Lafuddy View Post

    Misterme: In Don's original post, he did say that he was working with his wife on this.
    I see that he changed it when he made corrections/additions and left that part out.
    Apparently, only after my previous post, he went back and edited his first post to also change it from making the money in one weekend to making that money in one month at HS football games...

    And also now the claim is regarding TWO people, he FORGOT his wife was there when he originally wrote about how one person could go out and do this.

    And somehow BOTH selling exactly 800 each, to quote his post #6, in 90 minutes.

    Here's an experiment: Time yourself. You're in a crowd in a parking lot, fistful of bracelets and you're shouting:

    "Hey! Excuse me! I'm raising money for a (local charity) and providing Fans with these great custom Fan Bracelets with the Team's Name on them (Hand them one) Are you a Supporter of the Team?"

    [assuming you've immediately caught one or more person's interest and don't need to repeat the above as people pass by you until you've hooked someone]

    Fan - "You Bet!!"

    You- "Great! Now you can show your true support with these terrific (Name of Team) Fan Bracelets! They're just 5 bux and you can help me Raise Money for (Name of local charity)"

    "Which COLOR would you like?"

    [assume they think for only one second about what color they want... and now they tell you what color they want]

    "HAND THE BRACELET TO THEM and say; "5 Bux, I have change for a 10 or 20!"

    [and assume them reaching for their money and handing it over to you and you giving them back change...

    ...and assuming no one all day has a question or fumbles around for their wallet or turns to their friend and says here hold my drink while I pay the guy or takes up precious seconds saying "uhhh..." as they think of what color they want or if they want to go ahead and buy it...]

    Stop the clock. How long did it take to reasonably consummate one sale?

    OK. Because the claim here is 800 sales in 90 minutes.
    Assuming there wasn't a minute that passed by without a sale, that means:

    That's about 9 sales a minute.
    Or 6.6 seconds per transaction.
    Happening 9 times a minute.
    Every minute.
    For 90 minutes.
    And all this happening to not one, but two people.
    Signature
    "Best book on answering objections I have seen... it's for photographers but it has brilliant techniques you can use in any business." - Claude Whitacre. When They Say That, You Say This (Amazon Kindle)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440474].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ron Lafuddy
      Misterme: I agree with you completely on the "time" thing.

      You are spot on. Having done similar type sales, I know from
      experience that it can be slow going. Especially when people want
      to talk to you about one thing or another and not just buy and move
      along. It goes with the turf.

      Not only that, but after a few hours of "hawking" in this way, you get
      tired. At least I did. That's why I suggested working with the booster
      club. Booster clubs are always interested in raising money. This one
      might be a quick, fast money-maker for them, IF you don't overload
      them with bracelets. Let them do the selling.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440560].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author midasman09
        Banned
        "You" people never cease to amaze!

        If us "doers" toss up something we've DONE....on this "Conversational" (Non WSO Section) area of the Forum.... we had better NOT be half-asleep or not spend hours making CERTAIN .....ALL our comments are EXACTO-PERFECTO...otherwise we WILL get hammered!!!

        THIS section of the Warriors Forum is called...."OFFLINE MARKETING DISCUSSIONS".....emphasis on "Discussions"!......so....when I make a comment about something I've done and want to let viewers here know the "basics".....("Basics" are different than 'EXACT DETAILS"...which you will Pay For in the WSO Section).....I have come to "be Ready" for the OnSlaught of Criticism from people here....who WANT ALL THE DETAILS.....for FREEBIES .....and .....if I don't FREELY give out ALL the details AND SOURCES that I've spent MUCH TIME FINDING....I'm denounced!

        Hey Folks in the "Discussion" Forum! GET A GRIP!

        When other "Doers" see how I am treated....they go away!....not wanting to get the "abuse" because they don't provide EVERY DETAIL in a "Discussion" section.

        Again....this is NOT the "WSO" section where you havta pay to get da details!

        Makes me wonder WHY I spend time here!

        Well....MY main reason fer tossin' in sum o da stuff I've done in my life is because....I'VE DONE LOTS OF STUFF.....MADE LOTS OF BUCKS... DEPENDING ON UNO PERSON TO WRITE MY PAYCHECKS!...... ME.....!

        So.....excuse me for "disturbing" some of you folks by leaving out some of the details that COST ME....HOURS....to hunt down and VERIFY!

        Hereafter.....I will think TWICE when I get ready to drop some "Comments" about one of the MANY money-making projects I've done.

        Don Alm
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440706].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
          Your right Don, this isn't the WSO section so consider using titles that are like WSO's.

          Because making 7 grand on a weekend at a high school football games on a 5 dollar sale means you need to make 1400 sales.

          Most high schools have grandstands and not stadium seating so the math just doesn't add up in regards to your thread title. See?

          Originally Posted by midasman09 View Post

          "You" people never cease to amaze!

          If us "doers" toss up something we've DONE....on this "Conversational" (Non WSO Section) area of the Forum.... we had better NOT be half-asleep or not spend hours making CERTAIN .....ALL our comments are EXACTO-PERFECTO...otherwise we WILL get hammered!!!

          THIS section of the Warriors Forum is called...."OFFLINE MARKETING DISCUSSIONS".....emphasis on "Discussions"!......so....when I make a comment about something I've done and want to let viewers here know the "basics".....("Basics" are different than 'EXACT DETAILS"...which you will Pay For in the WSO Section).....I have come to "be Ready" for the OnSlaught of Criticism from people here....who WANT ALL THE DETAILS.....for FREEBIES .....and .....if I don't FREELY give out ALL the details AND SOURCES that I've spent MUCH TIME FINDING....I'm denounced!

          Hey Folks in the "Discussion" Forum! GET A GRIP!

          When other "Doers" see how I am treated....they go away!....not wanting to get the "abuse" because they don't provide EVERY DETAIL in a "Discussion" section.

          Again....this is NOT the "WSO" section where you havta pay to get da details!

          Makes me wonder WHY I spend time here!

          Well....MY main reason fer tossin' in sum o da stuff I've done in my life is because....I'VE DONE LOTS OF STUFF.....MADE LOTS OF BUCKS... DEPENDING ON UNO PERSON TO WRITE MY PAYCHECKS!...... ME.....!

          So.....excuse me for "disturbing" some of you folks by leaving out some of the details that COST ME....HOURS....to hunt down and VERIFY!

          Hereafter.....I will think TWICE when I get ready to drop some "Comments" about one of the MANY money-making projects I've done.

          Don Alm
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440919].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by misterme View Post

      Apparently, only after my previous post, he went back and edited his first post to also change it from making the money in one weekend to making that money in one month at HS football games...

      And also now the claim is regarding TWO people, he FORGOT his wife was there when he originally wrote about how one person could go out and do this.

      And somehow BOTH selling exactly 800 each, to quote his post #6, in 90 minutes.

      Here's an experiment: Time yourself. You're in a crowd in a parking lot, fistful of bracelets and you're shouting:

      "Hey! Excuse me! I'm raising money for a (local charity) and providing Fans with these great custom Fan Bracelets with the Team's Name on them (Hand them one) Are you a Supporter of the Team?"

      [assuming you've immediately caught one or more person's interest and don't need to repeat the above as people pass by you until you've hooked someone]

      Fan - "You Bet!!"

      You- "Great! Now you can show your true support with these terrific (Name of Team) Fan Bracelets! They're just 5 bux and you can help me Raise Money for (Name of local charity)"

      "Which COLOR would you like?"

      [assume they think for only one second about what color they want... and now they tell you what color they want]

      "HAND THE BRACELET TO THEM and say; "5 Bux, I have change for a 10 or 20!"

      [and assume them reaching for their money and handing it over to you and you giving them back change...

      ...and assuming no one all day has a question or fumbles around for their wallet or turns to their friend and says here hold my drink while I pay the guy or takes up precious seconds saying "uhhh..." as they think of what color they want or if they want to go ahead and buy it...]

      Stop the clock. How long did it take to reasonably consummate one sale?

      OK. Because the claim here is 800 sales in 90 minutes.
      Assuming there wasn't a minute that passed by without a sale, that means:

      That's about 9 sales a minute.
      Or 6.6 seconds per transaction.
      Happening 9 times a minute.
      Every minute.
      For 90 minutes.
      And all this happening to not one, but two people.
      Misterme; We were having a perfectly good time until Mister "Throw a glob of reality into our face" Me showed up.

      I hope you never try to analyze anything I say on making money...

      Because any attempt to bring up obvious flaws in my story will be met with fake crying...then counter accusations...then more fake outrage...then a plea for mercy...then a bold justification for my outrage....and then begging for forgiveness.

      I actually have it all mapped out. I call it my "Misterme has read my post, revealed all my BS, and now I have to fake insanity" file. My "Anthony Weiner" file...for short.


      Added a minute later; This isn't in any way a slam on Midasman09. It's a joke responding to Misterme's post. I have no axe to grind with anyone offering free advice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440712].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SashaLee
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        I have no axe to grind with anyone offering free advice.
        Hi there,


        Agreed!


        All the best,

        Sasha
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440773].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TheBigBee
          Midasman;

          I love you man!!

          "Work at home" gets 74,000 exact match searches each month.
          "Work at home jobs" gets 49,000 exact match searches each month.

          Lets create some videos - rank them, and sell all these edutaining ideas for $9 each (lets not be too greedy) - in the form of an eBook and share the revenue.

          Even if no one gets any value from the ideas, at the very WORST when they are done reading they can say "gee that was fun!" For $9 they can't be mad!

          Your posts often lack depth but the whimsical nature of them often eclipses that fact.

          I never read yourself until I'm all comfy - bourbon on rocks, Elton Johns greatest hits (now)... I dont get all comfy for anyone except you!
          Signature
          FILL IN THE BLANKS!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bob ross
    Also, no one has mentioned sales tax issues.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440650].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by bob ross View Post

      Also, no one has mentioned sales tax issues.
      Bob: You mean how to keep track of sales tax so that you always pay the accurate amount in your cash weekend selling business?

      HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

      Sorry...I just HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

      Wait..what were you sa.HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!...

      No, but we want to make sure we keep accurate records to pay the correct...HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!...

      Of course,we want to do the right...HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!...



      Sorry. It just hit me as funny. No, of course, in real life we would always pay....pay...Pffftt....HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!...


      This post was a joke. Legal disclamer;I have always paid the exact sales tax due when selling small items for cash in a public setting because....I...have a moral...Pfft...chhtttt...khhtt...HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440685].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnDavid
      Sounds like a WSO I bought a few years ago.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
    Names like "Justin Bieber" can be trademarked. I'm not fond of operating without regard to intellectual property and letting others think it's ok.

    Justin Bieber! Joustin Beaver! Copyright! Trademark! Yikes!
    Signature

    "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faz44
    30 second hypothetical, if I did something similar for a local soccer club, would it work? Approach a well-supported local charity, cut them in on the profits, put their name or emblem on a wristband of the club's colours. I'm not looking to make £7,000 per month but you give up your Saturday afternoons, make a little cash and make some money for a worthy cause. Seems good for your soul and your pocket.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8440950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterme
    Originally Posted by midasman09 View Post

    "You" people never cease to amaze!

    If us "doers" toss up something we've DONE....on this "Conversational" (Non WSO Section) area of the Forum.... we had better NOT be half-asleep or not spend hours making CERTAIN .....ALL our comments are EXACTO-PERFECTO...otherwise we WILL get hammered!!!
    Stop the theatrical dramatics.

    All you need to be is truthful.

    Cite facts. Give correct numbers.

    Not so much to ask when someone's giving a field report.

    But now hang on a sec, Don, because you've actually raised a very interesting point.

    And that is, now you're implicitly admitting that a lot of what you wrote wasn't exact.

    So, if you're given to writing inaccurate information, as you've just professed... then nothing you write can be held as credible, can it?

    THIS section of the Warriors Forum is called...."OFFLINE MARKETING DISCUSSIONS".....emphasis on "Discussions"!
    Yes but you fueled the discussion with what you now admit was inaccurate information. What's a discussion that's based on inaccurate information called?

    I'd call it "Misleading".

    You want us to think it wasn't intentional. OK. I read your excuse about not taking hours making certain all your comments are "exacto-perfecto".

    Thing is, how does it cost anyone hours of time to write down whether it was one person or two, whether the money was made in just a weekend or a month.

    Seems to me that if it was a month, then it would take no time at all to write down that it took a month. Doesn't take hours to get that fact across.

    As a matter of fact, it doesn't take any more time than it does to write that it took a weekend.

    Originally Posted by midasman09 View Post


    So.....excuse me for "disturbing" some of you folks by leaving out some of the details that COST ME....HOURS....to hunt down and VERIFY!
    I'm not disturbed.

    As I was saying, it doesn't cost hours to write down those kind of details. You don't need to "hunt them down".

    And it's obvious you didn't spend anytime verifying anything.

    Because I did.

    All you're doing is trying to cry victim.

    Like here:


    Hereafter.....I will think TWICE when I get ready to drop some "Comments" about one of the MANY money-making projects I've done.
    Please do. It's what you should've done in the first place.

    Originally Posted by bob ross View Post

    Also, no one has mentioned sales tax issues.
    Price includes tax. What color would ya like? 5 Bux, I have change for a.... oooooh sorry, sorry! That's my whole 6.6 seconds in which to make the complete sale, Bob.



    -- Mister "Zero Tolerance for Buillshit" Me

    Claude: I have my eye on you. I don't think that's you in your avatar. You said you're tall. That avatar of yours shows your head is less than an inch big.

    Which one's the real story?
    Signature
    "Best book on answering objections I have seen... it's for photographers but it has brilliant techniques you can use in any business." - Claude Whitacre. When They Say That, You Say This (Amazon Kindle)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8441140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dpeench2
    Ok so is it legal to sell these at high school or college games without a license?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8492062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NewParadigm
    MIDAS, quit being a drama queen. Just because you aren't selling a WSO doesn't mean you can't be questioned on your claims you post in many threads.

    Are you or are you not selling anything on your signature weblink?

    If you are selling stuff, then you doubly better be backing up your earnings claims.

    I really haven't seen a recent posted example of one of your programs, except some old fuzzy photos put in a slide show of a restaurant. Most of your claims are "back in the day".

    Please post some modern updated examples and you'll get tons more credibility and sales on your website link.

    Plus, why aren't you running these programs perpetually? With several of your programs earning thousands a month, you must be knocking down $100-$200k a month easy, right? You have many people wondering that here.

    You have some good basic ideas that can be applied but you haven't really been backing up your claims on earnings and modern day examples. Many times your "back in the day" talk sounds like Al Bundy talking about his 4 touchdown high school football game.

    Quit your crying about getting flack on your claims, just because you aren't selling a WSO is the reason you hide behind. Please confirm/deny that you are/are not selling anything on your website link. You do have some good concepts that can be applied today, but the claims are what have people wondering. Provide some recent examples of your claims. Thanks.

    Thank you!
    Signature

    In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing. ~ Theodore Roosevelt

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8507196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
    2,500 bracelets at a Bieber concert?

    You aren't Mr Bullshit for nothing, but I'll play along anyway. The typical venue is going to sell 10,000 to 15,000 tickets. A major NBA/NHL arena will get up around 20,000. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did it at a major arena.

    How did you sell 2,500 of them? That's a greater than 10% conversion rate arena wide.

    Let's also look at the fact that people usually have 3 sides of the building to enter (one entire side being off limits for official use only). 20,000 people divided by 3 sides is 6,666 entering per side. You can't be in two places at once. That puts your conversion rate at a staggering 38%.

    It is physically impossible for you to have conducted that many transactions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8507545].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author midasman09
      Banned
      Correcto-Chango; I had a "Sales crew" of 3 to 5 at each event!

      DA
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8513385].message }}
      • I love this thread.

        Now I realize many writing here can't fathom what Don claims he did and the way he brought it across has a bit of Barnumism to it.

        What I do know comes from me The Promotional Guy being in the entertainment business many years ago and when I was in a traveling circus (Circus Vargas) from 1979-1980 and then working with the Flying Wallendas throughout the 1980's when they did spot dating shows that it was the concessionaires job to work and work the crowd and get them to spend and spend and you had better hustle it up if you were going to take home a few hundred dollars that night as your cut from the sales.

        If you've never worked a large venue it's impossible to believe a large quantity of product can be sold in a short amount of time, but it happens all the time.

        When I worked concessions as a kid at Dodger Stadium I could easily sell foot long Dodger Dogs for $5 bucks a pop and in the space of 3-4 hours sell 700-1000 hot dogs.

        I have worked every type of venue from Stadiums, Arenas, College Games, High School Games and Shooting Sports Events. I've sold in tented shows, side shows and concerts.

        I've sold event tickets, trinkets, memorabilia, programs, cotton candy, popcorn, soda, beer, programs ("can't tell a player from a spectator without a program sir"), hot dogs, hamburgers, hats, mega phones, books, tapes, CDs, DVDs and so on.

        So I am well versed with selling large quantity of products to crowds in a relatively a short amount of time, but there are several factors no one has mentioned or may not even knows about that I'd like address.

        Here's what the concessionaire hopes to evoke in the customer to buy:

        1. Momentum
        2. Disney Effect
        3. Fanism
        4. Memorabilia
        5. Showing Off
        6. Event
        7. "Gotta Buy These"

        When you work concessions you see all types of customers and when you are well versed in the above 7 emotional triggers, customers will beg you to sell them your trinkets.

        Here's an event I did for Hardee Senior High School in Wauchula, FL for the swim team. I believe it was the 2004 football season. It was right after our community went through a terrible hurricane season.

        I was asked by the swim team coach Dick Daggett to help them with a fundraiser. I suggested we sell umbrellas at the first home game with the Wildcats logo on it.

        He didn't believe it would work and we went round and round until I made him this deal.

        The deal I made with him was if none of the umbrellas sold I eat the entire cost and donate them to the swim team. But if I could sell them then he would pay what it cost to make them but all profits would go into the swim teams business account.

        I had 300 full size 2 man umbrellas logo imprinted and ready to sell at the first home game.

        It was a hot clear night in Wauchula that September night and not a cloud in the ski. There we were right inside the entrance and the crowd came through.

        At first we just stood there displaying the umbrellas and within 10 minutes I realized no one is going to buy. That's when I went into my old "Circus Barker" alter ego and just started bellowing out to the crowd.

        "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN and those of you with a seedy past I present to you a one of kind parasol unlike any you could find traveling the 4 corners of the globe..."

        I just kept making it up as I was going and before the game started we sold everyone of those umbrellas.

        When the last umbrella sold I looked right at the coach and said, "Coach, That is how you sell when no ones' buying."

        Price was 1 for $30 / 2 for $50. My cost per unit back then was $8 when all was said and done.

        Now if you want to keep doing the math go ahead, but I know from reading these posts who really knows how to sell to a starving crowd who doesn't realize they are hungry.

        If you want to criticize me go ahead, because I can out sell you, out perform you and will out last you. (Oh I almost forgot if you'd like a copy of this post for a small printing fee...)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8513553].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
        Originally Posted by midasman09 View Post

        Correcto-Chango; I had a "Sales crew" of 3 to 5 at each event!

        DA
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8519994].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KabirC
      Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

      2,500 bracelets at a Bieber concert?

      You aren't Mr Bullshit for nothing, but I'll play along anyway. The typical venue is going to sell 10,000 to 15,000 tickets. A major NBA/NHL arena will get up around 20,000. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did it at a major arena.

      How did you sell 2,500 of them? That's a greater than 10% conversion rate arena wide.

      Let's also look at the fact that people usually have 3 sides of the building to enter (one entire side being off limits for official use only). 20,000 people divided by 3 sides is 6,666 entering per side. You can't be in two places at once. That puts your conversion rate at a staggering 38%.

      It is physically impossible for you to have conducted that many transactions.
      College football stadiums can draw easily 50,000+. But what he failed to mention is he is doing it all ILLEGALLY. He does not have a license and won't get one without fronting at least $50,000 for major sports and at least $5-10,000 with college teams and having to pay royalties on it which he wouldn't track or have proof of having a certain amount of income (which he would need to pay sales tax on in order to have proof of it).

      Plus, high schools will not be pleased with you using their name to sell things that they aren't getting a cut of, you know what comes next, a lawsuit.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8513555].message }}
      • Originally Posted by KabirC View Post

        College football stadiums can draw easily 50,000+. But what he failed to mention is he is doing it all ILLEGALLY. He does not have a license and won't get one without fronting at least $50,000 for major sports and at least $5-10,000 with college teams and having to pay royalties on it which he wouldn't track or have proof of having a certain amount of income (which he would need to pay sales tax on in order to have proof of it).

        Plus, high schools will not be pleased with you using their name to sell things that they aren't getting a cut of, you know what comes next, a lawsuit.
        Oh legality at any event had better be followed. If he was doing it illegally than he didn't sell the quantity he claims.

        That's what campus police look for in the parking lots and those tailgaters.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8513564].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmaster555
      Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

      2,500 bracelets at a Bieber concert?

      You aren't Mr Bullshit for nothing, but I'll play along anyway. The typical venue is going to sell 10,000 to 15,000 tickets. A major NBA/NHL arena will get up around 20,000. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did it at a major arena.

      How did you sell 2,500 of them? That's a greater than 10% conversion rate arena wide.

      Let's also look at the fact that people usually have 3 sides of the building to enter (one entire side being off limits for official use only). 20,000 people divided by 3 sides is 6,666 entering per side. You can't be in two places at once. That puts your conversion rate at a staggering 38%.

      It is physically impossible for you to have conducted that many transactions.
      I don't find the number hard to believe at all. I've sold at arenas when I was younger (legally, for a company) and you'd be surprised. Especially at a Bieber concert I can picture people buying more than just 1 and where the demographic is younger, they are much more inclined to want to buy something like a bieber wristband.

      What I do find hard to believe is how someone can manage to sell 2,500 without being approached and asked for vendor identification and getting kicked out, or even worse. I know for a fact those places have people hired to look out for guys like this wristband salesman and to get rid of em ASAP.

      People pay for their right to sell in an arena and they do a pretty good job making sure no one gets a free ride. I understand a few wristbands here and there, but I just find it hard to believe he sold 2,500 without any troubles.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8521177].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterme
    Originally Posted by midasman09 View Post


    You just go to the Game's Parking Lot.....when fans come in, walk up to them ....show a handful of Bracelets to them
    Originally Posted by ThePromotionalGuy View Post


    If he was doing it illegally than he didn't sell the quantity he claims.

    That's what campus police look for in the parking lots and those tailgaters.
    Signature
    "Best book on answering objections I have seen... it's for photographers but it has brilliant techniques you can use in any business." - Claude Whitacre. When They Say That, You Say This (Amazon Kindle)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8520813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samrand
    Well this idea is not original. Somebody had released this as a WSO a few years ago.
    It was called "Wealthy in a Weekend" and it had a lot of people gassed up. Some
    guy was so convinced it would work that he quit his job.

    The product creator claimed him and his wife made $19,000 in a weekend. He was known
    for inflating numbers and eventually abandoned most of his product threads because they were
    getting ugly with unsatisfied customers.

    Here's a link to the related thread where people tried this method out with results

    Sam

    PS He used to come out with a product almost every month but
    I think his reputation got so bad that there weren't anymore newbie
    dollars to get here. He moved on to selling offline businesses on his
    theory marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8520871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    What I do find hard to believe is how someone can manage to sell 2,500 without being approached and asked for vendor identification and getting kicked out, or even worse. I know for a fact those places have people hired to look out for guys like this wristband salesman and to get rid of em ASAP.

    People pay for their right to sell in an arena and they do a pretty good job making sure no one gets a free ride. I understand a few wristbands here and there, but I just find it hard to believe he sold 2,500 without any troubles.
    Obviously those rules and restrictions don't apply to the OP, it's all about posting how shit loads of money has been made from every money making scheme on the planet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8522086].message }}

Trending Topics