We recently started working as web design company and have 100+ orders in pipeline. $500-800 average order
Here are problems we are facing
1. People talk about informational website. Once work get started.. they ask a LOT of customization on all pages. 10s of edits. and still says they are not satisfied. Then they ask for coding /custom work or threat to charge back.
2. A lot dont understand scope of work. They think if they have paid 50% .. they own us. they can ask whatever and whenever. Then they are disappointed with us.
3. Those who have paid little extra... want us to custom each and everything. They go to microsoft.com or some big website.. check their features and ask us to deliver the same or refund.
A lot of them are filing chargebacks even after 50-100 hours worth of work. A lot of them are filing chargebacks after 5-6 rounds of edits.
Any suggestions on this. Or web design industry is like this only?
1. Is it usual?
2. How can we decrease it to minimum level.
3. How can we fight chargebacks and win.
4. How can we ensure that client does not file chargeback when we are already working on website.