I'm still very new to IM, and I'm wondering if I've managed to screw this up already.
Here's what I did (as per the experiment!):
- Picked out a niche that seems like it would have desperate buyers in pain.
- Found a product in Clickbank for this niche, picked one that has a good looking sales page.
- Got my own .info domain. Put a redirect in the headers to go directly to the sales page. (This was in case the experiment worked, but the product got taken away - so I could easily sell something else down the road, or create my own product.)
- Wrote an article and published it on goarticles. I wrote from personal experience, around my keyword (keyword phrase is the first part of the title and in the first sentence), and gave good, solid advice without being too salesy. (Bio box has a link to my .info page that redirects to the sales page.)
- Began backlinking. I set up my backlinks to with my keyword phrase as the anchor text, and pointing to my article on goarticles.
Oh, and my keyword phrase gets between 30k-45k searches/month (according to Google keywords), and has between 500k-600k search results (it varies daily when I check it) with NO quotes.
Here's the problem: I started backlinking the same morning that my article became visible to me on goarticles.
I've gone through maybe 20 of the links (minus 4-5 that don't seem to allow linking anymore).
BUT - I don't think Google even knows my little article exists! When I try to search for the exact title, in quotes, it doesn't come up at all. It also doesn't come up if I search for the title with "site:" set to GoArticles. (It still shows up fine on GoArticles, but not in Google).
Should I have waited until the article was found by Google before starting the backlinking, or does that matter? I started backlinking Thursday morning, so maybe it's just too soon to see anything at all?
Did I totally screw it up, already? Or am I just not being patient enough?
Thanks for any advice!