How to track SEO/PPC leads

by yd143
10 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi Guys,

How do i get to know where the leads are coming from? is it through adwords, seo or any other method? need to know about each specific lead not just the number of leads from each platform.

Adwords tells me how many conversions but which ones not. Is there anything i can do to track seo leads?

any software? paid or free?
#leads #seo or ppc #track
  • Profile picture of the author fpforum
    Google Analytics has what is called "Goals" where you can specify the payment confirmation pages and things of that nature to track the leads. If you have people from SEO hitting one page and people from PPC hitting another this would be easy to track.. Learn more about it on Googles website here
    Signature
    Free SEO Software - Start Improving Your Rankings Today!
    Windows VPS Servers - Cheap Windows VPS Servers With Instant Setup!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10085710].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yd143
      Originally Posted by fpforum View Post

      Google Analytics has what is called "Goals" where you can specify the payment confirmation pages and things of that nature to track the leads. If you have people from SEO hitting one page and people from PPC hitting another this would be easy to track.. Learn more about it on Googles website here
      I have one normal website page for each product where everyone from adwords/seo/direct/referral traffic is coming.

      does that goal conversion tells me which lead is coming from which source?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10085727].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author fpforum
        Originally Posted by yd143 View Post

        I have one normal website page for each product where everyone from adwords/seo/direct/referral traffic is coming.

        does that goal conversion tells me which lead is coming from which source?
        Analytics will tell you which traffic is coming in from search, which is coming in from paid, which is coming in from referral, social..etc. You would probably need to do some digging in there, but I think you can view the stats for 1 specific page to see how much came in from each (paid, search, social..etc)
        Signature
        Free SEO Software - Start Improving Your Rankings Today!
        Windows VPS Servers - Cheap Windows VPS Servers With Instant Setup!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10086086].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author angelaaddison
          Google Analytic tool will help you to know from where the leads are coming and visitors also. This tool is free you just have to submit your website on that.

          Its SEO method only. Google Analytics tool will help you in many aspects like :-
          It is completely free of charge
          Able to find out how your visitors Visitor source, Activity, Location
          Able to identify which pages and links your visitors click the most
          Visitor segmentation
          Able to fine tune your website
          Mobile Visits
          Track Website Conversions and sales through Google Analytics
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10086270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seothink
    Through on Google analytics tools provides you to tracking sites traffic .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10086325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisNosal
    Banned
    Google analytics will tell you. If you're not a fan of Google analytics, or you don't need all of its ridiculously advanced features for high end businesses, I would prefer something simpler like I do, I just use StatCounter, which is also free.

    Any of these though should tell you who is coming in, and where they're coming from, and also be able to track your paid and organic search traffic, and where it's coming from, as well as when that arrival leads to conversion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10086335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author princy91
    google analytics is the best place to know the leads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10086431].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yd143
      Originally Posted by princy91 View Post

      google analytics is the best place to know the leads.
      just need to make sure that suppose if i have got an inquiry of say "tom", Is GA capable of showing me where tom's lead come from?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10087741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uditsh
    Originally Posted by yd143 View Post

    How do i get to know where the leads are coming from? is it through adwords, seo or any other method? need to know about each specific lead not just the number of leads from each platform.

    Adwords tells me how many conversions but which ones not. Is there anything i can do to track seo leads?

    any software? paid or free?
    You can track traffic from PPC and SEO within one Google Analytics account. First link your Adwords account with GA account.
    For PPC traffic, go to Reporting >> Acquisition >> AdWords >> Campaigns. It will show you number of clicks on you ad.
    For SEO traffic, go to Reporting >> Acquisition >> All Traffic >> Channels. It will show traffic from Organic Search, Direct, Social and Referral.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10086442].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yd143
      Originally Posted by uditsh View Post

      You can track traffic from PPC and SEO within one Google Analytics account. First link your Adwords account with GA account.
      For PPC traffic, go to Reporting >> Acquisition >> AdWords >> Campaigns. It will show you number of clicks on you ad.
      For SEO traffic, go to Reporting >> Acquisition >> All Traffic >> Channels. It will show traffic from Organic Search, Direct, Social and Referral.
      I am after getting to know where all the specific leads are coming from, not traffic.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10087743].message }}

Trending Topics