Link Building Strategy

19 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi all,


I am looking for a step by step guide or strategy for building effective links to my sites. If there is software that others use, please share, but most important is how to effectively and ethically build links that help my sites grow. I have read about posting comments, guest blogging, etc. but do others have templates or steps they follow, especially when launching a new site? It can be extremely frustrating to get Google to index the new sites without decent traffic.


Thanks!


K.
#building #link #strategy
  • Profile picture of the author vithobaaseo
    Do not use any software for link building, it will harm your site. Do not focus much on link building it is almost outdated. There are few quality sites from which you can get good backlinks. The best way is you can create unique content and do content marketing. Nowadays content marketing is the best form of organic SEO, you can also promote that link in social media to gain more viewers.. And also try working in local business listing,pinterest, infographics and slideshare.. These are all the off page techniques.. Before all these process your on page must be done perfectly according to the Google latest algorithm... Title, desc, keywords, H1 tags, sitemap,site load time,404 page,Google analytics & webmaster tool everything should be perfectly done..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10229770].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      You don't know much about backlinks, do you?

      Why is content marketing the best way? This is a comparison and, to make sense, needs more info.

      What is non-organic SEO, please?
      What is organic SEO, please?


      Originally Posted by vithobaaseo View Post

      Do not use any software for link building, it will harm your site. Do not focus much on link building it is almost outdated. There are few quality sites from which you can get good backlinks. The best way is you can create unique content and do content marketing. Nowadays content marketing is the best form of organic SEO, you can also promote that link in social media to gain more viewers.. And also try working in local business listing,pinterest, infographics and slideshare.. These are all the off page techniques.. Before all these process your on page must be done perfectly according to the Google latest algorithm... Title, desc, keywords, H1 tags, sitemap,site load time,404 page,Google analytics & webmaster tool everything should be perfectly done..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10230039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    Drop the 'ethical' and you'll get farther. Not because I'm suggesting you do unethical things; because ethical doesn't apply to the context you are talking about.

    Strategy 1.
    1. Write an amazing article / create an amazing video.
    2. Contact site owners in related industries and tell them about your content, show them how it would benefit their visitors to have a link to it.
    3. Ask them to link to it.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
    5. Repeat step 4.

    Strategy 2
    1. Find out who's is in position #1 in Google.
    2. Analyze his/her links with a tool like majestic SEO or ahrefs.
    3. Determine which of the links they have are good.
    4. Figure a way to get links from the very same pages.
    5. Get the links.
    6. Get one more link from anywhere good.
    Note: you can skip #3 and just get the same number of links from each of the sites they're getting links from, whether good, average or bad. If they have 3 links from domain1.com, you get 3. Now you've matched them. To beat them, you need at least 1 more than they have (but, if you're going with low quality links, probably a few to a few thousand, it all depends on the quality of your links).

    Variation on Strategy #1: google broken link bible... read up on broken links.
    Step 1. locate sites that have broken links (sites in related niches).
    Step 2. Figure out what they were linking to
    Step 3. Figure out why they were linking to whatever they were linking (wayback machine can show you, often, the page they were linking to as it existed at the time they were linking to, if it doesn't exist anymore.)
    Step 4. Create a better (more detailed or more current) content that covers the same things the content they were linking to covers
    Step 5. Contact the site owners, tell them their link is going nowhere, propose your page as a solution.
    Step 6. Rinse and repeat.


    Originally Posted by walktorun View Post

    Hi all,


    I am looking for a step by step guide or strategy for building effective links to my sites. If there is software that others use, please share, but most important is how to effectively and ethically build links that help my sites grow. I have read about posting comments, guest blogging, etc. but do others have templates or steps they follow, especially when launching a new site? It can be extremely frustrating to get Google to index the new sites without decent traffic.


    Thanks!


    K.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10230054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by walktorun View Post

    Hi all,


    I am looking for a step by step guide or strategy for building effective links to my sites. If there is software that others use, please share, but most important is how to effectively and ethically build links that help my sites grow. I have read about posting comments, guest blogging, etc. but do others have templates or steps they follow, especially when launching a new site? It can be extremely frustrating to get Google to index the new sites without decent traffic.


    Thanks!


    K.
    You could learn how to build a private backlink network where you have full control over the link sources.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10230223].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      I've been telling people for years 'bout this one. No one believes me. I don't think they'll take you seriously, either. Have you not read on the interwebs that Google hates PBN's? That it's not worth bothering with them?

      Why, only a couple of days ago, on this very forum a couple of people suggested something that, if I were to apply to my sites, would be:
      the links from sites I own to sites I own can't possibly be helping me in any way, on the contrary, they're a waste of time, because Google hates my sites and, therefore, the traffic I get from those sites I link to from my sites isn't there, nor the money it generates (though I feel it in my pocket some times).

      Get thee with the program, Yukon!

      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      You could learn how to build a private backlink network where you have full control over the link sources.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10230396].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nmwf
    Hey, does anybody remember Zeus from 1997?! LoL That thing's still around! Check it out: Zeus 1000 Internet Marketing Robot
    Signature
    Write comprehensible articles on *any* topic in seconds with First Draft...
    First Draft's: Download | Add-Ons | Templates | Purchase | Support | Affiliates
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10230399].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mminhajuddin
    You can find many valuable resource online for effective link building. You should bear in mind that building link using software is not ethical and effective. You will get penalize by search engine if you do this!
    Signature

    Internet Marketer since 3 years. Love to learn always and prefer to share knowledge with others!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10230413].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      What makes using software unethical (in itself)?

      Using tools is quite effective, if you know how to use the tools.

      If you know what you're doing you won't get penalized by anybody.

      When you use google keyword planner or market samurai, you're using tools, you know.

      Originally Posted by mminhajuddin View Post

      You can find many valuable resource online for effective link building. You should bear in mind that building link using software is not ethical and effective. You will get penalize by search engine if you do this!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10230502].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author windrider07
        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        Drop the 'ethical' and you'll get farther. Not because I'm suggesting you do unethical things; because ethical doesn't apply to the context you are talking about.

        Strategy 1.
        1. Write an amazing article / create an amazing video.
        2. Contact site owners in related industries and tell them about your content, show them how it would benefit their visitors to have a link to it.
        3. Ask them to link to it.
        4. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
        5. Repeat step 4.

        Also known as the "Skyscraper technique" where you find article, create an even better version of it, then find out what sites have linked to that article, contact those sites and request for link exchange.

        Strategy 2
        1. Find out who's is in position #1 in Google.
        2. Analyze his/her links with a tool like majestic SEO or ahrefs.
        3. Determine which of the links they have are good.
        4. Figure a way to get links from the very same pages.
        5. Get the links.
        6. Get one more link from anywhere good.
        Note: you can skip #3 and just get the same number of links from each of the sites they're getting links from, whether good, average or bad. If they have 3 links from domain1.com, you get 3. Now you've matched them. To beat them, you need at least 1 more than they have (but, if you're going with low quality links, probably a few to a few thousand, it all depends on the quality of your links).

        Should Analyse only the backlinks that use the anchor keyterms you want to rank for. eg: if a backlink uses the anchor "cool bananas", you could use that backlink and request for a different anchor. but to save time, I would look for backlinks that would use the anchor term that you want to rank for..."bananas healthy for your body". if your content is relevant to the anchor term you are ranking for, the higher chances of getting a backlink request.

        Variation on Strategy #1: google broken link bible... read up on broken links.
        Step 1. locate sites that have broken links (sites in related niches).
        Step 2. Figure out what they were linking to
        Step 3. Figure out why they were linking to whatever they were linking (wayback machine can show you, often, the page they were linking to as it existed at the time they were linking to, if it doesn't exist anymore.)
        Step 4. Create a better (more detailed or more current) content that covers the same things the content they were linking to covers
        Step 5. Contact the site owners, tell them their link is going nowhere, propose your page as a solution.
        Step 6. Rinse and repeat.
        read what I typed in bold.

        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        I've been telling people for years 'bout this one. No one believes me. I don't think they'll take you seriously, either. Have you not read on the interwebs that Google hates PBN's? That it's not worth bothering with them?

        Why, only a couple of days ago, on this very forum a couple of people suggested something that, if I were to apply to my sites, would be:
        the links from sites I own to sites I own can't possibly be helping me in any way, on the contrary, they're a waste of time, because Google hates my sites and, therefore, the traffic I get from those sites I link to from my sites isn't there, nor the money it generates (though I feel it in my pocket some times).

        Get thee with the program, Yukon!
        PBNs CAN be good IF you manage them the right way. Google hates malicious and irrelevant as well as poor quality content. So if you're an idiot, buy a PBN with shit domains, think you are awesome, then rank your money site with those shit domains with high trust.....Google will hate you not because the domains have trust but because those domains either have no relation to your money site or because those domains have something bad in their content. Difference between a PBN with 10 domains and 10 domains not on a PBN is that on a PBN, you OWN those domains. But that's it. The domains on the PBN are just like any other site on the web. Just have to make sure they have good relations to your site.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10230700].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LiftMyRank
    Check the websites ranking on page 1 in your niche where their links come from and replicate....you'll be surprised what you can find by reverse engineering page 1 results
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10230917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
    Originally Posted by walktorun View Post

    I am looking for a step by step guide or strategy for building effective links to my sites. If there is software that others use, please share, but most important is how to effectively and ethically build links that help my sites grow.
    Try to use different platforms to build links for your site but avoid low quality sites that can cause penalty from Google. Create a write up for your site that is new, interesting, engaging, beneficial, and not been offered some where else.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10231087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kherk Roldan
    Hello walktorun,

    Don't ever use any software for back-linking! The best way to be safe is to submit your links manually, around 1 submission a day and do it everyday. ( not spin)

    -You content should be more detail than your competitor’s.
    -You content will be more updated or recent content (Google loves latest content).
    - Do social engagement like facebook, twitter, reddit etc.

    Hope it helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10232909].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Maybe walktorum has 2 hands, so he can do 2 links a day.

      Maybe he has more time than you and can do 79.

      Maybe you don't know that what you're saying is wrong, but it is.

      You are 'allowed' to create as many backlinks as you can.
      It's best if they come from a page with PR of 10 (I know. I know, you can't tell what the PR is anymore... but you can use your head to figure out which pages have some authority). Then it's PR 9, 8, 7, 6 all the way to none.

      It's best if they come from a related niche site.

      Or one that's in the same location.

      Has nothing to do with creating 1 or 7 or 1119 a day.

      Originally Posted by Kherk Roldan View Post

      Hello walktorun,

      Don't ever use any software for back-linking! The best way to be safe is to submit your links manually, around 1 submission a day and do it everyday. ( not spin)

      -You content should be more detail than your competitor's.
      -You content will be more updated or recent content (Google loves latest content).
      - Do social engagement like facebook, twitter, reddit etc.

      Hope it helps
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10233594].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seopratyush
    IN today's world link building is just the only way to rank up your website on top of the search result. Its really important to get better reputation than your competitors so that Google bots can give your more preference in ranking.

    Make thematic backlinks which is closely related to your Niche.
    Build strong social media presence and connect with your potential visitors on Facebook, twitter, Google+
    Content marketing is indeed a good way to make enhance your web impressions but you should be more focused while publishing your content by that I mean it should not be promotional. The content marketing strategy should be focused to give your audience an information and provide solutions to their requirements. Real customers always in need of "value" and is not interested with promotional content.

    One of the most important aspect which we misses all the time is analysis. Follow the current content marketing trend and plan according to that it will definitely brings quality traffic to your website and helps in rank higher than your competitor.

    Hope you now understands that link building is not the only way to improve the ranking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10232978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jazmyn
    Do not use any link building software for link building, however you can use scrapebox for link building but you must know the proper method to use it i.e white hat SEO, using such tools may leads your website to get penalized. Either way you can manually build links that would be more effective than using any kind of link building tool. Do guest posting, Blog commenting, profile back links, directory submission, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10232995].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Do not use software but use software?

      You can get your site penalized even if you do not use one tool.

      Originally Posted by jazmyn View Post

      Do not use any link building software for link building, however you can use scrapebox for link building but you must know the proper method to use it i.e white hat SEO, using such tools may leads your website to get penalized. Either way you can manually build links that would be more effective than using any kind of link building tool. Do guest posting, Blog commenting, profile back links, directory submission, etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10233572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maya27
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10233459].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author disseomelbourne
    Do not use software for link building, its not effective.
    Submit only in High Page rank and High domain authority site it really works.
    best way to increase traffic and ranking is content marketing and blogging.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10233658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carl Hardy
    Use absolute links, not relative links, in your blogs posts.
    If someone sends you a guest post, ask if you can return the favor by writing a guest post for them too.
    Keep track of keywords you'd like to improve your ranking for.
    When guest post opportunities pop up, write with those keywords in mind
    When you feel passionate about something, write about it.
    Offer to write a testimonial for a product you love, then ask for a link along with your quote.
    Respond to blog comments.
    Signature
    Defence Industries - procurement platform for key decision makers to expand business opportunities globally.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10410451].message }}

Trending Topics