is it duplicate content if I dulicate my site on a site with another extension?

6 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi,

I have another seo question.

I have a dutch website on a .nl domain.
I now want to start the same website in belgium which would also be in the same language but on a .be extension.
I once heard that google accepted this as duplicate content because you only want to create the same value in another coutry.
Is this true or does google still count that as duplicated content meaning I have to rewrite every page on the domain?
#content #dulicate #duplicate #extension #site
  • Profile picture of the author Tim3
    Originally Posted by stephanreek View Post

    Hi,

    I have another seo question.

    I have a dutch website on a .nl domain.
    I now want to start the same website in belgium which would also be in the same language but on a .be extension.
    I once heard that google accepted this as duplicate content because you only want to create the same value in another coutry.
    Is this true or does google still count that as duplicated content meaning I have to rewrite every page on the domain?

    This page will answer your question...

    https://support.google.com/webmaster...r/182192?hl=en
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10555862].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stephanreek
      Originally Posted by Tim3 View Post

      This page will answer your question...

      https://support.google.com/webmaster...r/182192?hl=en
      So if I understand it correctly it won't be a problem?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10555903].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tim3
        Originally Posted by stephanreek View Post

        So if I understand it correctly it won't be a problem?
        No it won't be a problem as long as you follow what Big G tells you to do.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10555945].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    You could use cross domain canonical tags.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10555897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dutchguy
    To put it simple if your .be site redirects to the .nl then you're fine.

    If you have 2 websites with the same content but with different url's you have a problem.

    Even canocial tags don't fix this without redirect, it's just a bandage to make it bleed les,ofwel niet doen dus.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10756745].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by dutchguy View Post

      it's just a bandage to make it bleed les,ofwel niet doen dus.
      Compleet onzin.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10756923].message }}

Trending Topics