Give me ideas that to improve my SERP Position

21 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello Everyone,

I was working on the coupon website for 6 months and website is discountmantra (dot) in

I request to give me ideas that improve my SERP Position's.

I am following the strategies social bookmarking, directories submission, blog submission, blog comments, business listings, guest blogging, articles, pr.
#give #ideas #improve #position #serp
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author aleey12
    Please do the Proper on page optimization and do the submission in high page rank directories and commenting on blogs related to your topics.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10648618].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmsingh
      Originally Posted by aleey12 View Post

      Please do the Proper on page optimization and do the submission in high page rank directories and commenting on blogs related to your topics.
      On page wise almost done. Thanks for your ideas.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10651875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yesucan
    It seems you are doing everything you can just remember it takes time. So dont hurry

    Over the past year, I have been noticing a trend: if you build links too quickly to your website, it won’t rank well. But if you only build a handful of rich anchor text links each month, your rankings will start shooting up.
    So, I would suggest you , even for the most competitive terms, to only build five to ten rich anchor text links. And out of those links, two to four may contain the anchor text you try to rank for, while the others will contain variations of the term.
    I usually slow down or stop building links for my major terms after five or six months as I noticed that my rankings start to go up naturally over time if I don’t continue to keep building rich anchor text links.
    The key with link building is to be patient as it looks unnatural if your link count grows at a rapid pace. It doesn’t matter if your competitors have a hundred or a million links coming to their websites, you need to build slowly.
    Signature

    Learn all about Creating Blog, SEO and Online marketing on my Blog web4plan

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10648750].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmsingh
      Originally Posted by yesucan View Post

      It seems you are doing everything you can just remember it takes time. So dont hurry

      Over the past year, I have been noticing a trend: if you build links too quickly to your website, it won't rank well. But if you only build a handful of rich anchor text links each month, your rankings will start shooting up.
      So, I would suggest you , even for the most competitive terms, to only build five to ten rich anchor text links. And out of those links, two to four may contain the anchor text you try to rank for, while the others will contain variations of the term.
      I usually slow down or stop building links for my major terms after five or six months as I noticed that my rankings start to go up naturally over time if I don't continue to keep building rich anchor text links.
      The key with link building is to be patient as it looks unnatural if your link count grows at a rapid pace. It doesn't matter if your competitors have a hundred or a million links coming to their websites, you need to build slowly.
      Thanks for real time idea from you. I will check along to this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10651884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hrishivardhan
    Recently I read about the 3 major ranking factors that should be consider to increase website ranking according to search engine land and that is: Now we know: Here are Google's top 3 search ranking factors
    Read the article and watch the video posted by publisher. Decide your self what you should do.
    Signature
    Orderhive is a multichannel
    Inventory Management Software
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10648774].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmsingh
      Originally Posted by hrishivardhan View Post

      Recently I read about the 3 major ranking factors that should be consider to increase website ranking according to search engine land and that is: Now we know: Here are Google's top 3 search ranking factors
      Read the article and watch the video posted by publisher. Decide your self what you should do.
      Thank you for your information i will check on this
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10651882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KellyRodriquez
    Correct your on-page and write awesome content for the website.
    Blogging, business listings, and social bookmarking will help you get improved serp position.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10648813].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmsingh
      Originally Posted by KellyRodriquez View Post

      Correct your on-page and write awesome content for the website.
      Blogging, business listings, and social bookmarking will help you get improved serp position.

      I will update daily new content in blog page and also doing blogging. I did with less business listing, now i will increase that. Thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10651880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jipolis7
    Don't rush the process too much. A site needs to grow organically and this takes a bit of time. Throw some patience into the mix and make sure you focus on value.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10650506].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmsingh
      Originally Posted by jipolis7 View Post

      Don't rush the process too much. A site needs to grow organically and this takes a bit of time. Throw some patience into the mix and make sure you focus on value.

      Thank you, I have patience.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10651879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author irawr
    Banned
    dicountmantra.in ? I can not even connect to your site. It doesn't show up in any SEO tools either.

    I hope you mean: discountmantra.in

    When I look at that site's backlinks, it looks like it was spammed by an unknowledgeable person. Many of the links are nofollow, many of them are on orphaned pages, or are spam comments.

    Your top anchor text is "zivame discounts and coupons" and when I google that term the SERP is a spam flood. Which is weird, considering it has zero monthly searches according to Google.

    Actually, most of the keywords you are targetting have zero search volume.

    Serious Question:

    I've encountered this before, is there some "Internet Marketing Guru" in India that is telling people to setup those coupon sites? You're like the 50th person I've seen with one of those (from India.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10650555].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmsingh
      Originally Posted by irawr View Post

      dicountmantra.in ? I can not even connect to your site. It doesn't show up in any SEO tools either.

      I hope you mean: discountmantra.in

      When I look at that site's backlinks, it looks like it was spammed by an unknowledgeable person. Many of the links are nofollow, many of them are on orphaned pages, or are spam comments.

      Your top anchor text is "zivame discounts and coupons" and when I google that term the SERP is a spam flood. Which is weird, considering it has zero monthly searches according to Google.

      Actually, most of the keywords you are targetting have zero search volume.

      Serious Question:

      I've encountered this before, is there some "Internet Marketing Guru" in India that is telling people to setup those coupon sites? You're like the 50th person I've seen with one of those (from India.)

      Thank you for your idea. I will work on it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10651872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Elion Makkink
    Your site doesn't work?
    Signature

    Cheers,
    Elion Makkink

    SEO & Content Marketing Consultant

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10650558].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author irawr
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Elion Makkink View Post

      Your site doesn't work?
      It does, he meant discountmantra.in I doubt he registered a misspelled domain.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10650560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmsingh
      Originally Posted by Elion Makkink View Post

      Your site doesn't work?
      No. It's working fine. (discountmantra)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10651871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author irawr
    Banned
    Originally Posted by yesucan View Post

    It seems you are doing everything you can just remember it takes time. So dont hurry

    Over the past year, I have been noticing a trend: if you build links too quickly to your website, it won’t rank well. But if you only build a handful of rich anchor text links each month, your rankings will start shooting up.
    So, I would suggest you , even for the most competitive terms, to only build five to ten rich anchor text links. And out of those links, two to four may contain the anchor text you try to rank for, while the others will contain variations of the term.
    I usually slow down or stop building links for my major terms after five or six months as I noticed that my rankings start to go up naturally over time if I don’t continue to keep building rich anchor text links.
    The key with link building is to be patient as it looks unnatural if your link count grows at a rapid pace. It doesn’t matter if your competitors have a hundred or a million links coming to their websites, you need to build slowly.
    It really depends what kind of links you build, not the speed. Saying you should only build X amount of links is terrible advice. If they're good quality links it's going to be virtually impossible to over do it.

    Telling that person to have patients is bad advice, if they're serious about ranking that they need to fix their on page issues and get quality links to it immediately.

    I would personally get a new domain and try to come up with unique content myself and then not spam links into it.

    Originally Posted by hrishivardhan View Post

    Recently I read about the 3 major ranking factors that should be consider to increase website ranking according to search engine land and that is: Now we know: Here are Google's top 3 search ranking factors
    Read the article and watch the video posted by publisher. Decide your self what you should do.
    Riiiiighhtt... Oh Kay? Barry came up the "Periodic Table of Ranking Factors" man that guy must have A LOT of time on his hands. Thanks Barry /chuckle

    Originally Posted by aleey12 View Post

    Please do the Proper on page optimization and do the submission in high page rank directories and commenting on blogs related to your topics.
    Uhm. Sure... But blogs comments are generally nofollow and do nothing.

    Originally Posted by KellyRodriquez View Post

    Correct your on-page and write awesome content for the website.
    Blogging, business listings, and social bookmarking will help you get improved serp position.
    Okie Dookie... Social Bookmarking doesn't have any SEO benefit... The links are nofollow.

    Originally Posted by jipolis7 View Post

    Don't rush the process too much. A site needs to grow organically and this takes a bit of time. Throw some patience into the mix and make sure you focus on value.
    Yeah Uhm. Mix it up, yeah ... Put it into a blender and make nice shake out of it. Again, bad advice to be patient and wait. The more you do now, the faster it ranks but I don't know if the OP knows what to do, and I really don't recommend sitting around waiting to figure that out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10650562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sparrow
    It's funny you mention coupon site

    one of my clients needed something to do with coupons

    not to rain on your parade good luck seems like coupon.com is all over this one
    just about every website I visited was using coupon.com software

    not sure if this industry is consolidating into just a few players
    I have not done enough research to understand it but I suspect just a few major players own this niche with many different website names on page one

    I suggest I would do more research about who ranks on page one in your industry

    If you find you are dealing with just a couple dominate entities, no matter what you do you will never have the authority to overthrow them from page one

    Time to either be where they are not or look for fertile grounds elsewhere




    Originally Posted by dmsingh View Post

    Hello Everyone,

    I was working on the coupon website for 6 months and website is dicountmantra (dot) in

    I request to give me ideas that improve my SERP Position's.

    I am following the strategies social bookmarking, directories submission, blog submission, blog comments, business listings, guest blogging, articles, pr.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10651656].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmsingh
      Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

      It's funny you mention coupon site

      one of my clients needed something to do with coupons

      not to rain on your parade good luck seems like coupon.com is all over this one
      just about every website I visited was using coupon.com software

      not sure if this industry is consolidating into just a few players
      I have not done enough research to understand it but I suspect just a few major players own this niche with many different website names on page one

      I suggest I would do more research about who ranks on page one in your industry

      If you find you are dealing with just a couple dominate entities, no matter what you do you will never have the authority to overthrow them from page one

      Time to either be where they are not or look for fertile grounds elsewhere

      Thanks for amazing reply and your thoughts.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10651888].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author irawr
      Banned
      Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

      It's funny you mention coupon site

      one of my clients needed something to do with coupons

      not to rain on your parade good luck seems like coupon.com is all over this one
      just about every website I visited was using coupon.com software

      not sure if this industry is consolidating into just a few players
      I have not done enough research to understand it but I suspect just a few major players own this niche with many different website names on page one

      I suggest I would do more research about who ranks on page one in your industry

      If you find you are dealing with just a couple dominate entities, no matter what you do you will never have the authority to overthrow them from page one

      Time to either be where they are not or look for fertile grounds elsewhere
      I think you meant coupons.com, since coupon.com is a 301 to coupons.com.

      Yeah WOW... 11.7 Million backlinks, I suggest fleeing in terror away from that niche.

      That site is absolutely ranklocked #1 on "coupons"

      And if not, Groupon.com will destroy you next with 14 Million backlinks.

      Quite possibly the worst niche ever?

      #3 is a little less insane, just kidding, thekrazycouponlady.com 285k backlinks

      You should still flee in terror.

      These are Ahrefs numbers as well, probably the biggest backlink DB, but that's not everything.

      If you're looking at comp above 10k backlinks and it's not spam, you're going to need some serious bankroll to compete.

      100k should be like "SEE YA!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10651906].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
        Originally Posted by irawr View Post

        Yeah WOW... 11.7 Million backlinks, I suggest fleeing in terror away from that niche.
        I would not if it was just a single site, but coupons "niche" seems to be completely oversaturated. There's dozens or hundreds of sites doing this exact same stuff.

        Of course it might be a bit easier in India, but I seriously doubt that there's no competition on such a huge marketplace. You need to do your market research. If you can't beat them at SEO (with your current resources), you need to come up with a different strategy.
        Signature
        Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
        Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

        What's your excuse?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10652149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ecouponshop
    Visit One of best Coupon code site ecouponshop
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11265983].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics