Can I post a LINK for the purposes of a question?

17 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I found an article on ezine that had a tremendous amount of views


This is the headine of the article, if copy and pasted into google, the first result returned will show you the article, just click and it takes you to ezine, that's where it shows all the views, (Sorry about the mention of "link" I've edited this, and instead you can easily find it with a google search

Gym Workout Routine For Women - Schedule Workout Routines to Lose Weight Safely & Comfortably

the article is was posted

MAY
2009

and has

42,000
views its a 300 word article !!!

I was trying to reverse engineer and understand why they had so many views for my own attempts to get more views to an article I have, I would love to have someone point out what they did to get so many views? (the links within the ezine article itself are not good, they take one to a landing page with dead links)

When I put it into a backlink checker it only shows a handful of backlinks?


Dano~
#link #post #purposes #question
  • Profile picture of the author vickybabe
    Read through the forum rules, don't think it would hurt though providing it is not an affiliate link, i am actually pretty interested in seeing it.
    Signature
    Free Wso: Watch As We Rank A Video On The First Page In 4 Minutes Flat - Get Access Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3325958].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dano1981
      anyone have a definite idea?

      Dano~
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3325994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustKid
    If you Pm it to me ill look into it for you, got some free time on my hands
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3326000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Roaddog
    Originally Posted by Dano1981;3325951[B


    MAY[/B] 2009

    and has

    43,000
    views its a 300 word article !!!

    I was trying to reverse engineer and understand why they had so many views for my own attempts to get more views to an article I have, I would love to have someone point out what they did to get so many views?



    Dano~

    My educated guess is they are buying traffic to that article.
    To move it into a better position on ezine.

    Why it would lead to a blank page is anyone's guess.

    Could be someones redirect isn't working.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3326013].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dano1981
      the link in the article goes to a health food product landing page or site, and then I tried to select any of the 3 links of the page, and it just came back a white/blank screen

      pretty horrendous to have that happen for all that traffic, unless as you say they bought traffic, but still the link thing what a travesty

      I noticed they hadn't placed anymore articles since about same time, around a month after. Maybe they were banned by their advertiser?? no clue

      Personally I can't afford to, nor would I likely "buy" traffic anyway

      dano~

      Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post

      My educated guess is they are buying traffic to that article.
      To move it into a better position on ezine.

      Why it would lead to a blank page is anyone's guess.

      Could be someones redirect isn't working.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3326035].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ken Strong
      I wouldn't post the link to the article -- not really necessary anyway. There's a ton of information on the forum about article marketing in general -- use the search function and read some of the threads and you'll get some ideas. Or maybe people will respond in this thread.

      You wouldn't be kicked off the forum for posting a single link. The thread might get deleted, though. But thank you for asking first, that's refreshing that you're aware of forum protocol.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3326043].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dano1981
        thank ken,

        unfortunate this article seems to be an aberration as far as getting traffic is concerned, or at least based on the tons of reading I've done. I couldn't figure out how it could get so many views? I'd love top know!

        if you paste this into google, it will be the top result that comes up, hopefully that is acceptable!


        Gym Workout Routine For Women - Schedule Workout Routines to Lose Weight Safely & Comfortably

        I showed it had a total of 5 backlinks, muust be some pretty dang good backlinks!

        dano~


        Originally Posted by Ken Strong View Post

        I wouldn't post the link to the article -- not really necessary anyway. There's a ton of information on the forum about article marketing in general -- use the search function and read some of the threads and you'll get some ideas. Or maybe people will respond in this thread.

        You wouldn't be kicked off the forum for posting a single link. The thread might get deleted, though. But thank you for asking first, that's refreshing that you're aware of forum protocol.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3326108].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dano1981
          any thoughts anyone?

          dano~
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3329222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jhonsean
    Its good to know first the forum rules before posting or adding a link in a body of content or title. We must consider the rules to become an effective member.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3329359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    You can fake that ezinearticle view count easy with scrapebox (youtube search), don't believe everything you see.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3329400].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dano1981
      yeah I see

      but the count is on ezine itself, not on some third party site?

      Dano~

      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      You can fake that ezinearticle view count easy with scrapebox (youtube search), don't believe everything you see.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3329462].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Dano1981 View Post

        yeah I see

        but the count is on ezine itself, not on some third party site?

        Dano~
        Like I said, you can fake ezinarticles.com page view count easy.

        I didn't say anything about a third party site.

        hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtSQq-KMy4U
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3331050].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dano1981
          I see

          I don't know if it works, I won't do it

          and if someone did use scrapebox to get 42,000 views would a hell of a lot of work!!

          and a lot of time, why not just market the thing since you're going to spend almost as much time promoting it?

          and what real value is it if they are not real views?

          it may give you rank juice, then again, you might as well
          put it into buildng links and marketing it instead?

          just my thoughts....

          But aside that the scapebox thing, any other reasonable way someone would get so many views? or how?

          I put up an article on ezine and since being posted on jan 21 2011, it has received 52 views, at least half of which are me just trying to understand and follow links to try to understand things, sop when I see 42,000 of course I am extremely curious!

          at my rate I wouldn't hit 42,000 views until the year 3214!'
          (I'm kidding about that, but certainly I'm not on any track to get 42k views!)


          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          Like I said, you can fake ezinarticles.com page view count easy.

          I didn't say anything about a third party site.

          hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtSQq-KMy4U
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3331562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ElectronPlumber
    You just set off my detective itch Dano!

    The traffic secret here is SERPS. That article shows up on Page 1 for:
    workout routine for women (6600 monthly searches)
    gym workout for women (8100 monthly searches)
    and a slew of other combinations of the title.

    However, since the article is basically junk with a link to some **** berry offer, I'd suspect 99% of the viewers bounce right out.

    What likely happened:
    1) Someone named Anna Holman spent the first half of 2009 trying to promote some fitness site or weight loss offer and wrote or spun 300 articles and submitted them to Ezine articles.
    2) Some of those articles had low hanging fruit keyword titles, like the one you found.
    3) Everyone any their mother setup autoblogs and junk sites promoting **** Berry, Resveritol offers and used her articles, giving those Ezine pages link juice. Look in Google for that article title in quotes and you'll see all the pages Google has indexed that links back to it. You won't see those when you search for "link:http://whatever" in Google though.
    4) She got lucky and that article happened to be on the Ezine article home page or the top of the Health category at the moment Googlebot decided to do a full sweep.

    How can you replicate it? Hit Ezine articles with 250+ unique articles over the course of a few months and you'll catch a winner or two as well.

    How can you turn that into converting traffic? Make sure the articles are interesting and have an offer that exactly matches what the user was searching for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3329539].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Carl Brown
      Look in Google for that article title in quotes and you'll see all the pages Google has indexed that links back to it. You won't see those when you search for "link:http://whatever" in Google though.
      I can't believe I never knew this. Thanks for the tip! I always just did the "link:http..." thing
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3329903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dano1981
      I appreciate your detailed and thoughtful explanation, or assumption rather...interesting points plumber

      Dano~.

      Originally Posted by ElectronPlumber View Post

      You just set off my detective itch Dano!

      The traffic secret here is SERPS. That article shows up on Page 1 for:
      workout routine for women (6600 monthly searches)
      gym workout for women (8100 monthly searches)
      and a slew of other combinations of the title.

      However, since the article is basically junk with a link to some **** berry offer, I'd suspect 99% of the viewers bounce right out.

      What likely happened:
      1) Someone named Anna Holman spent the first half of 2009 trying to promote some fitness site or weight loss offer and wrote or spun 300 articles and submitted them to Ezine articles.
      2) Some of those articles had low hanging fruit keyword titles, like the one you found.
      3) Everyone any their mother setup autoblogs and junk sites promoting **** Berry, Resveritol offers and used her articles, giving those Ezine pages link juice. Look in Google for that article title in quotes and you'll see all the pages Google has indexed that links back to it. You won't see those when you search for "link:http://whatever" in Google though.
      4) She got lucky and that article happened to be on the Ezine article home page or the top of the Health category at the moment Googlebot decided to do a full sweep.

      How can you replicate it? Hit Ezine articles with 250+ unique articles over the course of a few months and you'll catch a winner or two as well.

      How can you turn that into converting traffic? Make sure the articles are interesting and have an offer that exactly matches what the user was searching for.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3338504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    SB works, they rotate free proxies, & it isn't a lot of work (setup then it's automated).

    I'm not suggesting you do this (scrapebox), I'm pointing out page views can be faked very easy. Ezine page views isn't reliable data to base your own projects on.

    That ezine with 42k views has very few backlinks, I doubt very much the views are real.

    Those page views are the equivalent of an Ebay seller jacking up his sales count with fake purchases (happens all the time).
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3335002].message }}

Trending Topics