Youtube Keywords: to stack, or not to stack.

by jRad
51 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I've seen instances where highly ranked youtube videos have one or two keywords in the tags, title and description.. and other cases where highly ranked vids are the total opposite - spammed in the description and tags with so many keywords and phrases.

My mind is boggled by this. Which method will get you more hits?

Side question - when puttings tags in your videos, should i be putting the keywords or phrases in quotes or leave out the quotes?
#keywords #stack #youtube
  • Profile picture of the author kimhopkins
    I think the best solution for getting your videos highly ranked is to have good content. As they say content is king.

    are your tags in the videos actually in the video? ex: the thought bubbles that you put in the video

    What kind of videos are you making?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5350846].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author itrend
      Only one Main keyword max. in the tittle. (also start the tittle with the keyword)

      Two Main keyword max. in the description. (Mix this up with around 30 words)

      For tags:
      Let's say your main keywords is "lose weight fast"

      lose,weight,fast,lose weight fast.

      My videos rank highly on Youtube for very competitive keywords.
      Send me a pm, if you want to find out more.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5352411].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jRad
        Originally Posted by itrend View Post

        Only one Main keyword max. in the tittle. (also start the tittle with the keyword)

        Two Main keyword max. in the description. (Mix this up with around 30 words)

        For tags:
        Let's say your main keywords is "lose weight fast"

        lose,weight,fast,lose weight fast.

        My videos rank highly on Youtube for very competitive keywords.
        Send me a pm, if you want to find out more.
        Thanks for the tips trend - I'm at work but I will pm you later on.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5352657].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jRad
        Originally Posted by itrend View Post

        Only one Main keyword max. in the tittle. (also start the tittle with the keyword)

        Two Main keyword max. in the description. (Mix this up with around 30 words)

        For tags:
        Let's say your main keywords is "lose weight fast"

        lose,weight,fast,lose weight fast.

        My videos rank highly on Youtube for very competitive keywords.
        Send me a pm, if you want to find out more.
        itrend, I can't pm you due to lack of posts. pm me when you get this.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5354484].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jRad
      Originally Posted by kimhopkins View Post

      I think the best solution for getting your videos highly ranked is to have good content. As they say content is king.

      are your tags in the videos actually in the video? ex: the thought bubbles that you put in the video

      What kind of videos are you making?
      The only text bubbles I have are for marketing purposes - IE, my twitter / Facebook and a 'subscribe now!' bubble. Would it help if I put the keywords in these bubbles?

      Also, the videos I'm making are covers of song and also original songs that I write and record.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5352652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    Let me make a suggestion.

    I am going to go against the grain on how most people think YouTube works.

    As with any search engine, the algorithm determines how something ranks.

    Within YouTube, there are more important things than keywords.

    Channel subscribers and views is the #1. Keywords are secondary.
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5352590].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jRad
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      Let me make a suggestion.

      I am going to go against the grain on how most people think YouTube works.

      As with any search engine, the algorithm determines how something ranks.

      Within YouTube, there are more important things than keywords.

      Channel subscribers and views is the #1. Keywords are secondary.
      Those most definitely are important. In order to get those views and subs, don't you need the right keywords so your video will get ranked highly?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5352667].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
        Banned
        Originally Posted by jRad View Post

        Those most definitely are important. In order to get those views and subs, don't you need the right keywords so your video will get ranked highly?
        I treat youtube videos JUST as I would Meta Tags on a site

        • Title
        • Description
        • Keywords

        All 3 should include your keyword at the beginning.

        Once this is done, throw a few backlinks towards the video and that's often enough to get you pretty good traffic and rankings

        I hope this helps
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5352748].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tpw
          Originally Posted by eljeffe77 View Post

          I treat youtube videos JUST as I would Meta Tags on a site

          • Title
          • Description
          • Keywords

          All 3 should include your keyword at the beginning.

          Once this is done, throw a few backlinks towards the video and that's often enough to get you pretty good traffic and rankings

          I hope this helps

          I agree and disagree.

          You should use your keywords in the Title, Description and Keywords where possible.

          More important than keywords is providing a Title and Description that convinces people to watch your video and pay attention to what you are doing in YouTube.
          Signature
          Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
          Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5352775].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jRad
          Originally Posted by eljeffe77 View Post

          I treat youtube videos JUST as I would Meta Tags on a site

          • Title
          • Description
          • Keywords

          All 3 should include your keyword at the beginning.

          Once this is done, throw a few backlinks towards the video and that's often enough to get you pretty good traffic and rankings

          I hope this helps
          Thanks for the tip man. Do you know any solid fiver gigs that'll give me good backlinks?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5353415].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
            Banned
            Originally Posted by jRad View Post

            Thanks for the tip man. Do you know any solid fiver gigs that'll give me good backlinks?
            No problem! Personally I use senuke or evo2 or scrapbox for my links, have not used fiver yet did that. :-)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5353765].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      Let me make a suggestion.

      I am going to go against the grain on how most people think YouTube works.

      As with any search engine, the algorithm determines how something ranks.

      Within YouTube, there are more important things than keywords.

      Channel subscribers and views is the #1. Keywords are secondary.
      My brothers Youtube total video view count was 15K+ yesterday (that's a single day of traffic/video-views), he has less than 300 subscribers.

      He has 250+ high quality videos on his channel. When I say high quality I'm not just BSing because he is my brother. Chances are very high that If you've ever seen a Lowes tv commercial in the last couple of years, you've seen his work. His off-line job is creating professional tv commercials.

      BTW, he does zero SEO, it's all Youtube video refferal traffic. He doesn't even care If he ranks on Youtube search, why should he care considering his current traffic numbers, & growing daily.

      I totally agree with you on the point that traffic is so massive on Youtube, SEO is not even needed to get HUGE amounts of targeted traffic.

      People get so hooked on SEO, they automatically assume it's the easiest way to get traffic. Trust me folks, the easy money/video-views is all in the video referrals.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5354107].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jRad
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        My brothers Youtube total video view count was 15K+ yesterday (that's a single day of traffic/video-views), he has less than 300 subscribers.

        He has 250+ high quality videos on his channel. When I say high quality I'm not just BSing because he is my brother. Chances are very high that If you've ever seen a Lowes tv commercial in the last couple of years, you've seen his work. His off-line job is creating professional tv commercials.

        BTW, he does zero SEO, it's all Youtube video refferal traffic. He doesn't even care If he ranks on Youtube search, why should he care considering his current traffic numbers, & growing daily.

        I totally agree with you on the point that traffic is so massive on Youtube, SEO is not even needed to get HUGE amounts of targeted traffic.

        People get so hooked on SEO, they automatically assume it's the easiest way to get traffic. Trust me folks, the easy money/video-views is all in the video referrals.
        Oh I fully believe it. For one, 250 videos is a lot. Especially if they're filmed with a solid HD camera. This is where 'content is king' comes into play. The content of his videos are probably stunning, or at least sharing worthy to a lot of people.

        But for people like me (who can't afford an HD camera), and who doesn't have a $3000 microphone to record incredibly good quality songs, the only way for me to get highly ranked is through SEO.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5354477].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tpw
          Originally Posted by jRad View Post

          Oh I fully believe it. For one, 250 videos is a lot. Especially if they're filmed with a solid HD camera. This is where 'content is king' comes into play. The content of his videos are probably stunning, or at least sharing worthy to a lot of people.

          But for people like me (who can't afford an HD camera), and who doesn't have a $3000 microphone to record incredibly good quality songs, the only way for me to get highly ranked is through SEO.

          You are under-estimating your real potential here.

          It is not the production quality that always wins the day. It is the quality of the content.
          Signature
          Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
          Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5354780].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jRad
            Originally Posted by tpw View Post

            You are under-estimating your real potential here.

            It is not the production quality that always wins the day. It is the quality of the content.
            I can attest to that. For example, I have one cover song that hit 250,000 hits. I have some others that are hovering around 100,000, 65,000 and 30,000. The rest are anywhere from 500 - 10,000. All of them filmed with a normal webcam and a lower than decent microphone.

            I haven't had a cover that's passed 2,000 hits in months, though. Just frustrating when I know they're good, people like them, but it's a matter of bringing more traffic to them.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5356468].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by jRad View Post

          Oh I fully believe it. For one, 250 videos is a lot. Especially if they're filmed with a solid HD camera. This is where 'content is king' comes into play. The content of his videos are probably stunning, or at least sharing worthy to a lot of people.

          But for people like me (who can't afford an HD camera), and who doesn't have a $3000 microphone to record incredibly good quality songs, the only way for me to get highly ranked is through SEO.
          I'm telling you, you can get massive traffic on Youtube with zero SEO.

          Read my comment above.

          My brother doesn't use a camera or microphone for his videos. He does buy voice overs on fiverr. The rest is all software & can be done for free, take a little time & research the free software that a lot of people use for Youtube videos.

          Again, you don't need to rank any videos, not on Google search or Youtube search. Your doing things the hard way worrying about the SERPs for video traffic, considering all the traffic you could possibly want is directly on Youtube via video referrals.

          Seriously, it's not complicated, create the video, get video referrals for free from videos with millions of views (that you don't own). Make sure the videos that your getting the referrals from have current comment dates. The current comment dates tells you that the video is still very active.

          You don't even need approval for most video referrals.

          Doesn't get any easier, & it's all free.

          The time you spend struggling with video SEO could be spent creating more videos.
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5354880].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jRad
            Originally Posted by yukon View Post

            I'm telling you, you can get massive traffic on Youtube with zero SEO.

            Read my comment above.

            My brother doesn't use a camera or microphone for his videos. He does buy voice overs on fiverr. The rest is all software & can be done for free, take a little time & research the free software that a lot of people use for Youtube videos.

            Again, you don't need to rank any videos, not on Google search or Youtube search. Your doing things the hard way worrying about the SERPs for video traffic, considering all the traffic you could possibly want is directly on Youtube via video referrals.

            Seriously, it's not complicated, create the video, get video referrals for free from videos with millions of views (that you don't own). Make sure the videos that your getting the referrals from have current comment dates. The current comment dates tells you that the video is still very active.

            You don't even need approval for most video referrals.

            Doesn't get any easier, & it's all free.

            The time you spend struggling with video SEO could be spent creating more videos.
            How can I go about getting video referrals?

            I'm new to this method. I mean, I think I know what video referrals are - just having your video referred to from people, to other people. I'm not too sure how to actively do so. Usually people refer others to videos through Facebook, twitter etc. IE, other people to do the referrals for me and I have to not do any work. But that only works if the video's absolutely incredible, or sucks people in.

            Obviously, I need to get the referrals. Is there a good way I can go about this?

            //edit - I noticed something. (Most) of my videos that were video responses to highly ranked / highly viewed videos were in the anywhere from 15,000 to 250,000 views. Is this what you mean when you speak of video referrals?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5356494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Game Player
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5354916].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jRad
      Originally Posted by Game Player View Post

      Use a good title and one keyword in title and two keywords in description, that will help you in getting your video on top. Try to add valuable and unique description in your video.
      Thanks, Game Player. I used to have, for example, "Drake - Take Care (Acoustic Cover)" in the title. Now it's, "Drake - Take Care".

      Same for descriptions and the tags. I've shortened them up a lot.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5356503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    YouTube = 2nd largest search engine on the planet.
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5354952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author slickymedia
    Put your primary keyword on the Title then put a keyword in the tag and description also.
    This works great for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5355064].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Buyseech
    Does anyone have a clue as to what factors youtube takes into accout with the RELATED videos in the "sidebar".

    I have seen a strange (maybe glitch) with some of my videos, where I had 5 videos with "Barbara _________ XYZ" in the related videos sidebar...a bunch of Barbaras...I had no Barbara in the title, nor description , nor keywords and no usernames as well as no links.

    Then I realized the FILE NAME was "barbara blablabla" ... explain that

    Any ideas on this subject? The related clips part that is...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5357867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jRad
    okay so I just uploaded another video last night.

    took your guys advice, did the seo for my video, and did a video response to the #1 ranked video (which is still needing to be approved)

    how long does it usually take for videos to show up in the rankings? mine doesn't even show up. my mind is boggled.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5363472].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by jRad View Post

      okay so I just uploaded another video last night.

      took your guys advice, did the seo for my video, and did a video response to the #1 ranked video (which is still needing to be approved)

      how long does it usually take for videos to show up in the rankings? mine doesn't even show up. my mind is boggled.
      IMO your doing the video response wrong.

      Don't go after anything that needs approved, chances are they will ignore your request. They set those to manually approve because their most likely not interested in promoting anyones video besides their own.

      There are millions of videos with massive traffic that have auto approve video responses.

      Only go after auto approve videos, otherwise your going to be waiting forever for something that will never get approved.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5365758].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jRad
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        IMO your doing the video response wrong.

        Don't go after anything that needs approved, chances are they will ignore your request. They set those to manually approve because their most likely not interested in promoting anyones video besides their own.

        There are millions of videos with massive traffic that have auto approve video responses.

        Only go after auto approve videos, otherwise your going to be waiting forever for something that will never get approved.
        So I should pick a video that's getting millions of views, that's not even related to my niche if need be?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5367782].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by jRad View Post

          So I should pick a video that's getting millions of views, that's not even related to my niche if need be?
          Lol, no.

          I think you mentioned a Drake cover?

          Do this:

          1) You know all those little itune links at the bottom right side of each video, go to a Drake song & click one of those itune links. The link will take you to this Youtube page.

          http://www.youtube.com/artist/Drake?...watch_metadata

          2) Look at the left sidebar, under Similar artists

          I see 10 other artist all related to the same music of your cover (according to Youtube data).

          Lil Wayne
          Kanye West
          Trey Songz
          Kid Cudi
          Nicki Minaj
          J. Cole
          Jay-Z
          André 3000
          Joe Budden
          Phonte
          If each of those artist has say 50 songs (example) that's 500 possible songs on Youtube that each probably have been uploaded 500 times, that's a rough estimate of at least 250,000 related videos to your cover song.

          At least half of that 250K will most likely have over 1 million views already, & at least half of those will probably be auto-approve video responses. So surely you can find a decent auto-approve video for a video response, out of 125K auto-approve related videos.

          My point is, nobody in this world only listens to a single artist, they listen to the entire genre that their favorite artist is in.
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5367939].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jRad
            Originally Posted by yukon View Post

            Lol, no.

            I think you mentioned a Drake cover?

            Do this:

            1) You know all those little itune links at the bottom right side of each video, go to a Drake song & click one of those itune links. The link will take you to this Youtube page.

            http://www.youtube.com/artist/Drake?...watch_metadata

            2) Look at the left sidebar, under Similar artists

            I see 10 other artist all related to the same music of your cover (according to Youtube data).



            If each of those artist has say 50 songs (example) that's 500 possible songs on Youtube that each probably have been uploaded 500 times, that's a rough estimate of at least 250,000 related videos to your cover song.

            At least half of that 250K will most likely have over 1 million views already, & at least half of those will probably be auto-approve video responses. So surely you can find a decent auto-approve video for a video response, out of 125K auto-approve related videos.

            My point is, nobody in this world only listens to a single artist, they listen to the entire genre that their favorite artist is in.
            *lightbulb goes off*

            haha thanks man. you've been a great help so far. I started searching musician's videos that have super popular songs (think rihanna, lady gaga, bieber) and most of them have auto response videos, which is awesome.

            I'll zero in on the artists though. Because I'm sure some 11 year old bieber fan doesn't want to watch a cover by drake .

            I noticed on the videos that are auto-approved, and have millions of hits, the video responses people post.. there's just so many of them. there's no possible way I can stay on the front page of that video response. does that matter?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5369008].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author yukon
              Banned
              Originally Posted by jRad View Post

              *lightbulb goes off*

              haha thanks man. you've been a great help so far. I started searching musician's videos that have super popular songs (think rihanna, lady gaga, bieber) and most of them have auto response videos, which is awesome.

              I'll zero in on the artists though. Because I'm sure some 11 year old bieber fan doesn't want to watch a cover by drake .

              I noticed on the videos that are auto-approved, and have millions of hits, the video responses people post.. there's just so many of them. there's no possible way I can stay on the front page of that video response. does that matter?
              Yes, it matters, because you don't want to have to babysit the video-response all the time.

              You'll just have to keep digging & find auto-approve videos that don't have a lot of other people trying to get their videos listed.

              My brother found an old auto-approve video with some crazy number like 30+ million views, & only had 2 videos total ever do a video-response.

              What we do is create a playlist with all the best videos that we want to do a video-response on, then filter out the list as we find better videos with very few others trying to get a video-response. The playlist is only used as a folder to keep track of the best videos we find to post a response on, it's just easier than an off-line list of URLs in Notepad.
              Signature
              Hi
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375474].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author jRad
                Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                Yes, it matters, because you don't want to have to babysit the video-response all the time.

                You'll just have to keep digging & find auto-approve videos that don't have a lot of other people trying to get their videos listed.

                My brother found an old auto-approve video with some crazy number like 30+ million views, & only had 2 videos total ever do a video-response.

                What we do is create a playlist with all the best videos that we want to do a video-response on, then filter out the list as we find better videos with very few others trying to get a video-response. The playlist is only used as a folder to keep track of the best videos we find to post a response on, it's just easier than an off-line list of URLs in Notepad.
                Makes sense. I can find a ton of music videos that are anywhere from 10 million to 100 million views. They all just have a thousand video responses. Really tough finding ones that barely have any.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5390722].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author yukon
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by jRad View Post

                  Makes sense. I can find a ton of music videos that are anywhere from 10 million to 100 million views. They all just have a thousand video responses. Really tough finding ones that barely have any.
                  See If this video will let you do an auto-approve video response.

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BzXiS6feiE

                  The video has active traffic, first page comments are all less than 24 hours old.

                  Another thing to avoid is, If you see existing video responses make sure their user names are not the same as the video your posting a response on. If the responses are the same user, chances are they won't allow others to post their videos. Not saying this video is like that, just something to watch out for when searching for videos to post a response on.

                  Try this video see what happens.
                  Signature
                  Hi
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5391066].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author jRad
                    Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                    See If this video will let you do an auto-approve video response.

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BzXiS6feiE

                    The video has active traffic, first page comments are all less than 24 hours old.

                    Another thing to avoid is, If you see existing video responses make sure their user names are not the same as the video your posting a response on. If the responses are the same user, chances are they won't allow others to post their videos. Not saying this video is like that, just something to watch out for when searching for videos to post a response on.

                    Try this video see what happens.
                    Nice find. It isn't auto-approved, but I still submitted the video. How did you find that video anyway?
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5392207].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author yukon
                      Banned
                      Originally Posted by jRad View Post

                      Nice find. It isn't auto-approved, but I still submitted the video. How did you find that video anyway?
                      I think that was one of the videos I found doing this Google search:


                      "drake" site:www.youtube.com inurl:"video_response_view_all"
                      Signature
                      Hi
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5392272].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
                        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                        I think that was one of the videos I found doing this Google search:
                        That's a pretty good footprint. Kind of feel dumb for not thinking of it myself.

                        Time to load up Scrapebox!
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5392551].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author jRad
                          Originally Posted by JSProjects View Post

                          That's a pretty good footprint. Kind of feel dumb for not thinking of it myself.

                          Time to load up Scrapebox!
                          What is Scrapebox?
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5396784].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
                            Originally Posted by jRad View Post

                            What is Scrapebox?
                            The "Swiss Army Knife" tool for IM'ers. Does a little bit of everything. One of its biggest features is the ability to harvest literally millions of different URL's using any combination of footprints & keywords.
                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5398345].message }}
                            • Profile picture of the author AmazeMe
                              Banned
                              Is there a fast technique to find YouTube videos that have the autoapprove video response option?

                              (I'm surprised no one asked that.)

                              Yukon ROCKS by the way... I read EVERY single post s/he posts here.
                              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5570284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Try this Google search technique.

    "drake" site:www.youtube.com inurl:"video_response_view_all"
    On each Google search page open all 10 search results in a new browser tab. Then you can quickly see how many video responses exist per each "drake" video.

    Might speed up the task of finding new videos to post a response on?

    Only use the videos with low video responses, this way your video will last longer.

    Also create a Youtube video playlist that only includes the best videos to post a response on, this way you'll always have a video ready to post a new response in case you get bumped off the list
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5391118].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jRad
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Try this Google search technique.



      On each Google search page open all 10 search results in a new browser tab. Then you can quickly see how many video responses exist per each "drake" video.

      Might speed up the task of finding new videos to post a response on?

      Only use the videos with low video responses, this way your video will last longer.

      Also create a Youtube video playlist that only includes the best videos to post a response on, this way you'll always have a video ready to post a new response in case you get bumped off the list

      Thanks for the Google tip, Yukon. There was one video that came up in the search that was decent. Jamie Fox's 'blame it'. Has over 12 million views. Only 44 video responses. The others had well over a 1000 or more.

      Man this is tough. How does your brother find videos all the time that have millions of hits, related to his niche, that barely have any video responses?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5392235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nero Arcnumé
    Making video responses to your own videos and using annotations to link to previous videos is also a good way to generate more traffic and not having to rely on third parties.

    Btw, there are some very good microphones and even HD cameras available for a couple hundred dollars that you can save for if you want to. The Zoom H4n is ~300 I think and has received tons of positive feedback, and that's a full on audio recording device. There are some decent microphones for even cheaper. Just saying, doesn't have to cost thousands of dollars for YouTube gear .

    If you're looking at YouTube for audio/video production then I would advise you to save up for something like that. But if your webcam quality is good enough then I wouldn't worry about it too much for now, maybe later when you have heaps and heaps of followers

    Another thing that helps with YouTube is networking. If you come across other people doing covers and have similar followers/views like you, message them and try to box for box with them (adding each other to your recommended channels, quite some people subscribe to these channels when subscribing to the main one).
    Signature

    I am Nero. Sup.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5392032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jRad
      Originally Posted by Nero Arcnumé View Post

      Making video responses to your own videos and using annotations to link to previous videos is also a good way to generate more traffic and not having to rely on third parties.

      Btw, there are some very good microphones and even HD cameras available for a couple hundred dollars that you can save for if you want to. The Zoom H4n is ~300 I think and has received tons of positive feedback, and that's a full on audio recording device. There are some decent microphones for even cheaper. Just saying, doesn't have to cost thousands of dollars for YouTube gear .

      If you're looking at YouTube for audio/video production then I would advise you to save up for something like that. But if your webcam quality is good enough then I wouldn't worry about it too much for now, maybe later when you have heaps and heaps of followers

      Another thing that helps with YouTube is networking. If you come across other people doing covers and have similar followers/views like you, message them and try to box for box with them (adding each other to your recommended channels, quite some people subscribe to these channels when subscribing to the main one).
      I used to make video responses to my own videos. But since I don't have a ton of traffic, I only saw minimal results.

      Thanks for the other tips by the way. I'll look into the Zoom.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5392268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmazeMe
    Banned
    Yukon, is there a fast technique to find YouTube videos that have the autoapprove video response option?

    I know some idiots don't appreciate you here, but I do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5575537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by AmazeMe View Post

    Yukon, is there a fast technique to find YouTube videos that have the autoapprove video response option?

    I know some idiots don't appreciate you here, but I do.
    I just checked & don't see any type of footprint for auto-approve video responses.

    I do have another tip that might help.

    When doing the video response footprint search on Google search go deeper into the SERP pages, something like page #15 in the SERPs. Most of those videos have very few other people trying to get video responses.

    Do this search then go to page #15 & you'll see what I'm talking about (very few existing video responses per video).
    "drake" site:www.youtube.com inurl:"video_response_view_all"
    I still don't know If their auto-approve, but most already have at least one existing video response, like this here http://www.youtube.com/video_response_view_all?v=omM_cJX3tsw
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5575757].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AmazeMe
      Banned
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I just checked & don't see any type of footprint for auto-approve video responses.

      I do have another tip that might help.

      When doing the video response footprint search on Google search go deeper into the SERP pages, something like page #15 in the SERPs. Most of those videos have very few other people trying to get video responses.

      Do this search then go to page #15 & you'll see what I'm talking about (very few existing video responses per video).


      I still don't know If their auto-approve, but most already have at least one existing video response, like this here http://www.youtube.com/video_respons...?v=omM_cJX3tsw
      Ah ha, Yukon.

      I'm starting to get this now.

      And I contacted YouTube's API team... they do not have a way to let us know if the autoapprove is set to on. And they said they had no plans to offer this in the future.

      With that said, do you have a sort of "feel" if a video is likely to get approved?

      I ask because you only get one shot per video... and if a video doesn't get approved, it's wasted.

      I'm new at this... and my gut tells me to look for a popular video that has at least one approved video response. If a video has zero approved, I'm guessing odds are poor that I'm going to get mine approved, right?

      I'm also trying to get in the mind of the recipient of an approval request (I'm guessing they're emailed about it)... is there a competitive reason why my video won't get approved. And if that's the case, what would you recommend I do to tweak my video response to indeed get approved? Is it even worth worrying about tweaking my video at all?

      I appreciate you. I bookmarked your post pages and rush to my computer each day to see what post you've made. You deliver gold at insanely free prices.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5627080].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by AmazeMe View Post

        Ah ha, Yukon.

        I'm starting to get this now.

        And I contacted YouTube's API team... they do not have a way to let us know if the autoapprove is set to on. And they said they had no plans to offer this in the future.

        With that said, do you have a sort of "feel" if a video is likely to get approved?

        I ask because you only get one shot per video... and if a video doesn't get approved, it's wasted.

        I'm new at this... and my gut tells me to look for a popular video that has at least one approved video response. If a video has zero approved, I'm guessing odds are poor that I'm going to get mine approved, right?

        I'm also trying to get in the mind of the recipient of an approval request (I'm guessing they're emailed about it)... is there a competitive reason why my video won't get approved. And if that's the case, what would you recommend I do to tweak my video response to indeed get approved? Is it even worth worrying about tweaking my video at all?

        I appreciate you. I bookmarked your post pages and rush to my computer each day to see what post you've made. You deliver gold at insanely free prices.
        First, you can move to a new video response with the same video all day long, so none are actually wasted. You just have to test, to see which ones stick as a video response.

        One thing I watch out for are videos that include at least one video response from the Youtube user of the video your wanting to post a response on. If both videos have the same Youtube user account name I won't even bother trying to post a response on their video page, chances are high they won't accept other videos outside of their own videos.

        IMO, don't waste your time on videos that require someone to approve your video response.There are thousands & thousands of high traffic videos that you can post a response on that don't require approval.

        The reason people don't approve outside video responses is, they are saving the high traffic for their own video responses, which I understand. I mean If I had a video with 20 million views, I would probably want to keep that traffic for myself & my own video responses.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5627313].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AmazeMe
          Banned
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          First, you can move to a new video response with the same video all day long, so none are actually wasted. You just have to test, to see which ones stick as a video response.
          I see.

          So I would somehow mark my calendar to check back perhaps 5 days later and see if it's used. If not, post another video response using the same video on another "competitor" YouTube video.

          Although judging from what you say below, I shouldn't even think about considering this...

          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          One thing I watch out for are videos that include at least one video response from the Youtube user of the video your wanting to post a response on. If both videos have the same Youtube user account name I won't even bother trying to post a response on their video page, chances are high they won't accept other videos outside of their own videos.
          Whew... I read this 5 times and my head is spinning a bit... I'd be extremely grateful to see a vid that has this so I can see this in my mind... can point me in the right direction for a sample?


          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          IMO, don't waste your time on videos that require someone to approve your video response.There are thousands & thousands of high traffic videos that you can post a response on that don't require approval.
          As I write this, I'm taking an audio interview I did with hypnotist and splitting it into 2- to 3-minute video teases. I end each video with a cliffhanger and my splash screen (and description) points them to the "rest of the interview at my site).

          Unfortunately, this marketplace is "virgin" because no one posts video responses to any of the vids (yet some vids get lots of traffic - approaching a million views per vid.).

          I want to go after this traffic because it's precisely targeted. In other words, I'm more interested in quality of leads vs. quantity.

          But in taking your advice to only go after those who automatically approve a video response (although I still don't know how you figure that out without a footprint), my hands are a bit tied...

          ... Sure, I could go after other slightly-related channels (like how to stop smoking), but the quality isn't there.

          Any thoughts?

          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          The reason people don't approve outside video responses is, they are saving the high traffic for their own video responses, which I understand. I mean If I had a video with 20 million views, I would probably want to keep that traffic for myself & my own video responses.
          But of course. I'd be the same way. Agreed 100%.

          I continue to admire you and appreciate you, Yukon.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5627564].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author yukon
            Banned
            Originally Posted by AmazeMe View Post

            I see.

            So I would somehow mark my calendar to check back perhaps 5 days later and see if it's used. If not, post another video response using the same video on another "competitor" YouTube video.

            Although judging from what you say below, I shouldn't even think about considering this...


            Whew... I read this 5 times and my head is spinning a bit... I'd be extremely grateful to see a vid that has this so I can see this in my mind... can point me in the right direction for a sample?



            As I write this, I'm taking an audio interview I did with hypnotist and splitting it into 2- to 3-minute video teases. I end each video with a cliffhanger and my splash screen (and description) points them to the "rest of the interview at my site).

            Unfortunately, this marketplace is "virgin" because no one posts video responses to any of the vids (yet some vids get lots of traffic - approaching a million views per vid.).

            I want to go after this traffic because it's precisely targeted. In other words, I'm more interested in quality of leads vs. quantity.

            But in taking your advice to only go after those who automatically approve a video response (although I still don't know how you figure that out without a footprint), my hands are a bit tied...

            ... Sure, I could go after other slightly-related channels (like how to stop smoking), but the quality isn't there.

            Any thoughts?


            But of course. I'd be the same way. Agreed 100%.

            I continue to admire you and appreciate you, Yukon.

            This is exactly the type of video response I would not go after.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R89LU9PZzI

            Notice both the user name on the actual video + video response are the exact same user name.

            I haven't tested this specific video, but from past experiance most videos like this won't auto-approve a video response. Skip it & move on to the next video, with an auto-approve response.






            Signature
            Hi
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5627774].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author AmazeMe
              Banned
              Originally Posted by yukon View Post

              This is exactly the type of video response I would not go after.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R89LU9PZzI

              Notice both the user name on the actual video + video response are the exact same user name.

              I haven't tested this specific video, but from past experiance most videos like this won't auto-approve a video response. Skip it & move on to the next video, with an auto-approve response.






              Ah ha!!! I see it now.

              But now you've opened up a can of worms...

              ... Which is why would someone reply to their own video? And is this another strategy we should pursue? (My guess is yes).

              In fact, now that I think about this... of course the answer is yes as it's a pretty nifty way to control related videos on the YouTube viewing page. It gives us a second-chance way to get people looking at all of our videos.

              This reminds me of link wheels.

              My mind is smokin' now with ideas.

              So in summary, we want to find a video that has at least one video reply... and it's NOT a reply from the "target" YouTube video.

              I'm assuming that if a popular (i.e. many views) video has no video responses, it probably won't approve video responses.

              But if there are a few video response that are showing (and obviously approved), that's a target video to go after.

              AWESOME! Thanks a bunch, Yukon!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5627854].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author yukon
                Banned
                Originally Posted by AmazeMe View Post

                Ah ha!!! I see it now.

                But now you've opened up a can of worms...

                ... Which is why would someone reply to their own video? And is this another strategy we should pursue? (My guess is yes).

                In fact, now that I think about this... of course the answer is yes as it's a pretty nifty way to control related videos on the YouTube viewing page. It gives us a second-chance way to get people looking at all of our videos.

                This reminds me of link wheels.

                My mind is smokin' now with ideas.

                So in summary, we want to find a video that has at least one video reply... and it's NOT a reply from the "target" YouTube video.

                I'm assuming that if a popular (i.e. many views) video has no video responses, it probably won't approve video responses.

                But if there are a few video response that are showing (and obviously approved), that's a target video to go after.

                AWESOME! Thanks a bunch, Yukon!


                When you see a user hoarding the video response on high traffic videos it's because they are saving those responses for the other videos they own. Most will be monetizing with Adsense in their videos.





                So in summary, we want to find a video that has at least one video reply... and it's NOT a reply from the "target" YouTube video.
                Yes,






                I'm assuming that if a popular (i.e. many views) video has no video responses, it probably won't approve video responses.
                Not always, I've found a few that were auto-approve video responses on high traffic videos & the video never had a response on it. It's rare, but they do exist.





                But if there are a few video response that are showing (and obviously approved), that's a target video to go after.
                Yes, those are the one's you want for a video response. They are easier to spot when searching, you don't want to spend much time looking for a video to respond on. Once you find a few auto-approves it will go faster.
                Signature
                Hi
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5627938].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author AmazeMe
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                  Yes, those are the one's you want for a video response. They are easier to spot when searching, you don't want to spend much time looking for a video to respond on. Once you find a few auto-approves it will go faster.
                  I'm asking all of these questions because I'm going to have my programmer create a tool that will do all of this heavy lifting and spit out the best possibilities.

                  (I'd be happy to have you use my tool, Yukon... in exchange for helping me out.)

                  I'm still a bit shady on how to find autoapproved vids... does YouTube show some signal that your video response is instantly approved upon submission?

                  If so, you're going to LOVE my automated tool I'm developing.

                  Still trying to wrap my head around this.

                  And I can't believe no one else is jumping in on this and seeing the possibilities - over the last few days I'm banking an average of 25 cents per 100 views. This is perhaps the easiest money I've ever made in IM (and I've been at this for 15 years now). Yukon is right. This is truly set it and forget it.

                  Heck, my 70-year old mom could do this and make easy cash - and it seems to never end (unless I'm mistaken).

                  My only concern about monetizing YouTube vids is Google. They can pull the plug at any time - for any reason. And without explanation. That's why I'm also concentrating on getting this viewers to my website so I can monetize 'em on my end, too.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5628071].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author yukon
                    Banned
                    Originally Posted by AmazeMe View Post

                    I'm asking all of these questions because I'm going to have my programmer create a tool that will do all of this heavy lifting and spit out the best possibilities.

                    (I'd be happy to have you use my tool, Yukon... in exchange for helping me out.)

                    I'm still a bit shady on how to find autoapproved vids... does YouTube show some signal that your video response is instantly approved upon submission?

                    If so, you're going to LOVE my automated tool I'm developing.

                    Still trying to wrap my head around this.

                    And I can't believe no one else is jumping in on this and seeing the possibilities - over the last few days I'm banking an average of 25 cents per 100 views. This is perhaps the easiest money I've ever made in IM (and I've been at this for 15 years now). Yukon is right. This is truly set it and forget it.

                    Heck, my 70-year old mom could do this and make easy cash - and it seems to never end (unless I'm mistaken).

                    My only concern about monetizing YouTube vids is Google. They can pull the plug at any time - for any reason. And without explanation. That's why I'm also concentrating on getting this viewers to my website so I can monetize 'em on my end, too.


                    You'll know instantly If your video is auto-approved becuase your video will show up below the high traffic video as a video response. I always use tabs on my browser & jump back & forth when searching for an auto-approve video, it helps speed up the process IMO.







                    And I can't believe no one else is jumping in on this and seeing the possibilities - over the last few days I'm banking an average of 25 cents per 100 views. This is perhaps the easiest money I've ever made in IM (and I've been at this for 15 years now). Yukon is right. This is truly set it and forget it.

                    Heck, my 70-year old mom could do this and make easy cash - and it seems to never end (unless I'm mistaken).
                    It is easy!

                    What makes Youtube so easy is the traffic is so dang massive it's almost impossible to not earn money with Youtube/Adsense. If you create a lot of videos & get the easy traffic with video responses I just don't see how anyone could fail (seriously).








                    My only concern about monetizing YouTube vids is Google. They can pull the plug at any time - for any reason. And without explanation. That's why I'm also concentrating on getting this viewers to my website so I can monetize 'em on my end, too.
                    If you do these things, I doubt you'll ever have to worry about Google/Youtube/Adsense:
                    • Family friendly videos
                    • Don't watch your own TrueView in-stream ads (watching the full video Ad counts as a click)
                    • Never click any of your Youtube/Adsense banner Ads
                    • No fake video views/comments (serves no purpose anyways)
                    Signature
                    Hi
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5628986].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author NOSLEEPATALL
                      I have been a Youtuber for quite a few years of mostly Automobile stuff. Only recently have I started using HD content and it is off my Droid to boot!

                      Never did much SEO stuff besides trying to put relevant keywords in that I thought would explain the video. Most of my videos are just short things I grabbed with the cell phone but the one has over 550,000 views now. I do have a lot of videos (1440) or so em but lots are only 10 or 25 views.

                      However the content is king must definitely be true as I was getting 5000 views a day at my best. Normally get well over 100k a month in views and was only accepted as partner a few months ago

                      Almost all of this off of content pretty much and with some crappy ass night videos too :rolleyes:
                      Signature
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5632308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Q
    Banned
    In order for your Youtube video to get high number of views, you should have done some keyword research using the Youtube keyword tool and to put the main keyword in your title, description (up to 2) and tags (up to 10). But the most important thing of all is your video should have good content and value to the viewers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576663].message }}

Trending Topics