I’ve seen a lot of talk about SEO and link building strategies lately, and thought I’d chip in and give you guys the EXACT SEO strategy I personally use to rank my own websites.
Using my strategy, you work on only ONE keyword at a time. I work in SEO “cycles” each cycle targets and builds links for that ONE keyword. When the cycle is completed, I target the next keyword in another cycle dedicated to that keyword. The point here is not to target more than one keyword at a time in the same SEO Cycle.
Each cycle takes a considerable amount of time, and although it’s possible to do it entirely on your own I HIGHLY recommend you outsource the work. If you attempt to do everything yourself, you will burn yourself out within a few weeks, and will probably want to give up on IM completely!
So as soon as you can afford it, get others to complete this work for you.
(SEE FURTHER ON IN THE THREAD FOR A LIVE CASE STUDY)
This is how I get these results:
STEP 1: Pick a keyword
Pick ONE keyword on your site to target in the SEO cycle. If it’s a very difficult keyword, first add a new article to your site. If it’s easy to moderate competition, then this is not necessary.
STEP 2: Creating PROMO Content
Here you need to create all the content you will be using in the SEO cycle.
1. Start with an article related to your niche. This article does NOT have to target the keyword you are trying to rank for; it just needs to be about something relating to your niche. Then add spin syntax to the article (The Best spinner or Magic Article Re-writer works good). If you do not have money to buy one of these, I think there is a free version of spinner chief that will do the job.
NOTE: DO NOT automatically spin this article!! You need to manually spin each word so that the article is at least 60% unique. The idea is that when you generate a unique article, that it is the type of quality you would be willing to put on your website or submit to ezine articles (It must be THAT Good!) An article that does not read easy or make proper sense will NOT DO! (Trust me, I have extensively tested this)
Also remember to spin the title well – multiple titles all spun together works best.
Add two links in the article. Normally my one link goes to the page with the target keyword (The keyword is used as anchor text). My other link is normally linked to my home page (where my site’s main keyword is used as anchor text). Make sure that each time you spin the article the links are left intact.
2. Generate 2 unique versions of your promo article. Use these 2 articles and create 1 PDF file and 1 Power Point Slide show. Remember to add plenty of pictures.
3. Use Animoto, and create a video based on the article. The video must be at least 1min to 2min long. The easiest way to do this is to read the article, and pick a few facts you want to bring across in the video. Then spread the facts over a few text modules and simply add relevant pictures in between.
Remember to watermark your site URL at the bottom of the video.
You will need at least an Animoto Plus account to create full length videos – I think this only costs about $30 a year now.
STEP 3: Unleash the Promo content to the world!
As you submit your content to the various sites, it would be a good idea to copy each page’s URL that you create into a text document. You will be using these URL’s later.
1. Firstly, create a YouTube account and submit the Video to YouTube. Remember to start the video description with the full page URL of the target page you are trying to rank for. Ex. http://www.yoursite.com/target_page.html
2. Create accounts on Scribd and SlideShare. Submit the PDF file to Scribd. Then submit the Power Point Slide Show to Slide Share
3. Manual Web2.0 submission – Create accounts on the following web2.0 sites: Squidoo, Weebly, Wikia, Wetpaint, Wikispaces, Posterous, Tumblr, Wordpress, Blogspot, Zimbio, Skyrock and MyLivePage.
Then MANUALLY submit UNIQUE versions of your promo article to each one. BUT, embed your YouTube video in each, and include AT LEAST one relevant picture.
Sometimes some of the web2.0’s will delete your pages – but it’s still well worth the effort trying to submit to them.
This is probably the most boring and time consuming part of the entire SEO cycle. In the beginning I created a bot using UBOT to sign up to all these sites for me. But now days I got people working for me in the Philippines that take care of this.
4. Blog Networks. There are 8 Blog networks that I submit my Promo article to. Some may require you to remove the links from the body, and put them in a resource box instead. My article is submitted to the following networks: Article Blueprint, Distribute Your Articles, Blog Blueprint, Authority Link Network, Article Ranks, Free Traffic system, My Article Network and SEO Extreme.
5. SenukeX Campaign: I then run an automated web2.0 campaign using SenukeX (“Social Network” Campaign in SenukeX). I use the same Promo article as content, with links in the article body. I DO NOT submit to the same sites I already submitted to manually (Those where the YouTube video was embedded). This normally gives me additional 25 or 26 properties with my article and links.
6. Article Marketing Robot campaign. I have over 15k article directories in my AMR, just got the lists for free on the internet and added them as I got them. Out of these I successfully submit to about 1,500 sites and get about 300 to 400 which auto approve my article.
Again, if you are targeting a difficult keyword then it is recommended to write a new article to blast with AMR. But for Medium to easy competition keywords this is not necessary.
Do not include links in your content body for AMR blasts. They need to be in a resource box. I normally include two keywords in my resource box – one to my site (target keyword as anchor text) and the other to a random URL of the manual web2.0 sites, including the Docstoc, SlideShare, Scribd and YouTube URL’s or an inner page of your site. This can all be randomized using spin syntax.
STEP 4: Strengthen your links!
This part is often overlooked by so many marketers, yet it is absolutely essential to getting results. Do not quit your SEO cycle half way through; else you will be greatly disappointed with your results.
1. Thorough Social Bookmarking campaign. Use SenukeX or Book Marking Demon and social bookmark the following URL’s to all the Social Bookmarking sites:
a. All Manually Created Web2.0 pages
b. YouTube Video URL
c. SlideShare, Docstoc and Scribd pages
2. Quick Social Bookmarking campaign. Again use SenukeX or Book Marking Demon and bookmark the AMR links. This does not have to be thorough. The idea is simply to bookmark each AMR URL on at least three social bookmarking sites.
3. RSS Feeds. Use html2rss.com and add the following URL’s to multiple RSS feeds.
a. All Manually Created Web2.0 pages
b. YouTube Video
c. SlideShare and Scribd pages
d. AMR URL’s
NOTE: Each feed should only contain about 50 URLS. You should have about 4 or 5 RSS feeds after all the URL’s are added into feeds.
Then use SenukeX and submit these RSS feeds to all the RSS aggregators. And use the Pinger module in SenukeX to Ping all the RSS feeds as well.
4. ScrapeBox Blast. Use scrapebox and blast the following urls:
a. All Manually created web2.0 pages
b. All SenukeX created web2.0 pages
c. All AMR created pages
d. Money Site (Only if it is well aged)
I have simply searched the internet for free auto-approve lists. I normally blast to about 60K to 100k blogs.
And there you have it! That marks the end of one SEO cycle, and it means you should get started with the next!
Regarding Accounts, I only ever create new accounts when I start working on a new site. Some sites have 10+ SEO cycles done on them already, and the same set of accounts was used! I always use proxies, sometimes private, paid proxies and other times just free scraped proxies from scrapebox.
I have NEVER EVER had ANY kind of penalty using this strategy. All the sites I received good page one rankings for have stayed there for months and months with no additional work from me.
Feel free to adjust this strategy to your own needs.
Once you have done this a couple of times, one person should be able to complete 2 to 3 of these cycles a week. Each of my assistants in the Philippines can complete 2 cycles a week, and get started on the third!
It’s a TON of work for one person, but if you are willing to put in the work you will definitely see great results. I hope this strategy will be useful to at least some of you.
Remember, if you like the post don’t forget to hit THANKS!
After countless PM's basically begging me for an outsourcing solution - I have finally caved!
You can now make use of the EXACT SAME freelancers I personally use to complete these cycles. They are already trained for the tasks, and I already have pre-existing agreements set up with them - which you can take opportunity of as well!
READ MORE HERE: