Easy way to build links

by yukon Banned
31 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Here's an easy way to build links from relevant sites/pages.

As an example, my keyword will be camping.
  • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links"
  • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.html"
  • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.htm"
  • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.asp"
  • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.php"

Simply switch the keyword (camping) to your own keyword/s.

I know this is basic, but I think a lot of people over complicate link building, when sometimes all you have to do is ask for the link.

Remember, thousands of sites on the net could care less about IM & don't have a problem adding your link to their page, as long as your site is somewhat useful to their traffic. Junk sites need not apply.

I have a few of these link types & they also deliver relevant traffic, not just SEO.

You can use online tools to count the out-bound links on the potential backlink page, here is one online link counter tool, simple & free:
hxxp://linkcounter.submitexpress.com/
Obviously pick the link pages with the least amount of out-bound links.

I just found a PR2 link page (with very little work), with only 18 outbound links, from the camping keyword example search links above.

This isn't the end all solution to building links, it's just part of link building, the thing is, If you have a decent site, some people will give you a free backlink just for asking.

[edit]
Try the searches with SEOquake (free) & switch the search results to display 100 results per page, don't search too fast or Google will do a temporary IP block on you. This way you can view all the search results pages PR & sort the search page highest to lowest.

Also play around with the Google search page dates in the top drop down menu on the search page & try the same keyword searches.
#build #easy #links
  • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
    People would be surprised how many other site owners are more than happy to link to you if you've got a site in their niche. Just stay out of the "IM niche" mindset and start branching out.

    My very first site years back was a golf tips site. Most of my links came from searching for keywords in my niche and contacting the site owners that were on page 1-2 of the results. Plenty were willing to send a link my way. And some didn't even request a link back.

    It's simple. But often overlooked.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6845759].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yohance j
    I am going to use this tip. Thank you for the share. I learn cool stuff here everyday.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6846069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author titleseo
    Good suggestion. If the backlink is linking in between the quality content then i don’t think Search engine will treat them scrap link. You should add good relevant content on the page. Keep it user friendly and drive targeted visitors.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6847147].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bhushan@rancor
    i think there are good tips for making better to SEO. we can make our url similar in our niche and it is good and not seems like spam in the eyes of search engine.
    Signature
    Interactive Bees Pvt Ltd best known for Quality Web Development Solutions and Online Marketing Services.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6847251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seomaartin
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6847311].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Elle Holder
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6848312].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paul Jameson
        Always try to post quality content at a time of submission. Because search engine and users both love quality and updated content. This is primary need and after that there are lots of submissions tricks to build links.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6848499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zecke
    Thanks Yukon. We`re waiting for more tips on how to build the relevant backlinks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6847383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeamTCW
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6847429].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by TeamTCW View Post

      Great tips for finding sites for building links..

      You can also find forums using:
      "powered by vbulletin" + "your niche or keyword"
      "Powered by phpbb" + "your niche or keyword"
      "powered by smf" + "your niche or keyword"

      etc.

      Forum links are low quality links for SEO.

      I do have niche forum links but all I care about with those is the 100% relevant direct traffic.

      The search in OP is different because it's pretty easy to find links with existing PR (PR2+), the keyword is in the page title of the backlink page & usually mentioned on the backlink page in plain text.

      Most sites that have a page for links (links.html, etc...) will have that internal page linked across the entire site in the sites nav., helping boost it's PR.

      Looking for half way decent quality/relevancy links here, not just volume links.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6848154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mantasmo
    Got to build good sites for this to work. From what I have seen (people PMing their sites) - most build really crappy sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6847663].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by bnetwork View Post

      Got to build good sites for this to work. From what I have seen (people PMing their sites) - most build really crappy sites.

      That's why I added the disclaimer when I created this thread:

      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Junk sites need not apply.
      I know a lot of folks here won't qualify getting these types of links because they need a decent site to start with. Thing is, it's not complicated to create useful sites.

      Still these links are easy for anyone serious about building sites/links.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6848126].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mantasmo
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Still these links are easy for anyone serious about building sites/links.
        Oh no doubt!

        Here's another idea to better your chances at getting a link:

        Scan through existing "related" links on those pages and see if any of the sites are down. Send the webmaster a nice email introducing yourself/your site and "oh btw, these links are dead: list".
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6848292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mantasmo
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6848522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anu220
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6848694].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dhanakncet
    Now a days lot of easy link building methods are available,example to consider the forums,blog comments,article submission,brand name listing,slide share and video shares.etc..,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6891596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pardeep123
    I always use same technique for guest blogging and this is best way for find thematic websites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6891689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Maddmula
    If you have Chrome I highly recommend using hxxp://domainhunterplus.com/ . You can scan the page for broken links, see if any domains are available, and create an excel sheet with all dead links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6892357].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edpudol1973
    Originally Posted by yukon View Post

    I know this is basic, but I think a lot of people over complicate link building, when sometimes all you have to do is ask for the link.
    I agree with you it's very basic, but many link builder and SEO provider didn't know this basic technique.

    Thank you for sharing it will be helpful to everyone...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6892441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carl Brown
    Originally Posted by yukon View Post

    Here's an easy way to build links from relevant sites/pages.

    As an example, my keyword will be camping.
    • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links"
    • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.html"
    • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.htm"
    • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.asp"
    • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.php"

    Simply switch the keyword (camping) to your own keyword/s.
    Is the "links.asap" the one to use if we want it indexed fast???
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7075723].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Carl Brown View Post

      Is the "links.asap" the one to use if we want it indexed fast???
      It's a Microsoft thing (.asp), probably make things run slower (lol).


      [j/k]
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7076149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
    Originally Posted by yukon View Post

    Here's an easy way to build links from relevant sites/pages.

    As an example, my keyword will be camping.
    • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links"
    • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.html"
    • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.htm"
    • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.asp"
    • intitle:"camping" inurl:"links.php"

    Simply switch the keyword (camping) to your own keyword/s.

    I know this is basic, but I think a lot of people over complicate link building, when sometimes all you have to do is ask for the link.

    Remember, thousands of sites on the net could care less about IM & don't have a problem adding your link to their page, as long as your site is somewhat useful to their traffic. Junk sites need not apply.

    I have a few of these link types & they also deliver relevant traffic, not just SEO.

    You can use online tools to count the out-bound links on the potential backlink page, here is one online link counter tool, simple & free:


    Obviously pick the link pages with the least amount of out-bound links.

    I just found a PR2 link page (with very little work), with only 18 outbound links, from the camping keyword example search links above.

    This isn't the end all solution to building links, it's just part of link building, the thing is, If you have a decent site, some people will give you a free backlink just for asking.

    [edit]
    Try the searches with SEOquake (free) & switch the search results to display 100 results per page, don't search too fast or Google will do a temporary IP block on you. This way you can view all the search results pages PR & sort the search page highest to lowest.

    Also play around with the Google search page dates in the top drop down menu on the search page & try the same keyword searches.

    I'll admit, that I disregarded this thread. But after working for a company, this def does work . Thanks again Yukon.
    Signature

    RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8120446].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by GGpaul View Post

      I'll admit, that I disregarded this thread. But after working for a company, this def does work . Thanks again Yukon.
      Thanks,

      I know it works, I've had some of those types of links for a long time. Thing is, it's pretty easy to get a webmaster to place a link for you for free If your own site is decent, doesn't have to be the best site in the world, just needs to impress the webmaster placing the link, relevancy & quality is key.

      Sometimes getting in contact isn't easy, but my last comment returned 39 link possibilities with very little effort from a single keyword/search. If I was motivated I could have a 1,000 potential link sources with no problem, defiantly need a persuasive semi canned email. The good part is, these types of links will stick until the webmaster deletes their own site (long term links). Plus you stand a chance of getting direct niche traffic already pre-qualified for the overall niche, can't beat that.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8120525].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Thanks,

        I know it works, I've had some of those types of links for a long time. Thing is, it's pretty easy to get a webmaster to place a link for you for free If your own site is decent, doesn't have to be the best site in the world, just needs to impress the webmaster placing the link, relevancy & quality is key.

        Sometimes getting in contact isn't easy, but my last comment returned 39 link possibilities with very little effort from a single keyword/search. If I was motivated I could have a 1,000 potential link sources with no problem, defiantly need a persuasive semi canned email. The good part is, these types of links will stick until the webmaster deletes their own site (long term links). Plus you stand a chance of getting direct niche traffic already pre-qualified for the overall niche, can't beat that.
        Exactly. I just got to work on an e-mail pitch. I'm waiting on our content writer to send me an e-mail template. And from that template I can work with when doing link outreach
        Signature

        RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8120529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    The first example search in OP, running SEOquake returns:
    • PR2 = 28 pages
    • PR3 = 8 pages
    • PR4 = 3 pages

    That list of PR pages could probably be doubled by changing the search results to display pages that have been updated over a year ago, repeat...

    Not a bad little list for less than 1 min. worth of work/searching.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8120490].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      The first example search in OP, running SEOquake returns:
      • PR2 = 28 pages
      • PR3 = 8 pages
      • PR4 = 3 pages

      That list of PR pages could probably be doubled by changing the search results to display pages that have been updated over a year ago, repeat...
      I haven't done this yet for my sites. Will some at least put a link for free? I'm sure you said they do?
      Signature

      RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8120496].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by GGpaul View Post

        I haven't done this yet for my sites. Will some at least put a link for free? I'm sure you said they do?
        Yes other webmasters will sometimes drop a link for you for free, obviously not every single request will work out but that's not a big deal, move on to the next guy on the list, repeat until you get the amount of links you want. It's manual work, but it's also long term, so your not constantly replacing links, your building up links.

        This is defiantly not an end all solution, but it's something anyone can do If they have a decent site & it's not difficult work.

        The direct niche traffic is a no brainer IMO, I would take the links/traffic If Google never existed.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8120544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
    That's what our strategy at work emphasized on. Building relationships with other webmasters.
    Signature

    RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8120555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I was checking a few new keywords/competition in SEOspyglass.

    I don't know why this never occurred to me but same niche forums are a goldmine for finding other relevant same niche sites that are literally asking for backlinks on their own links page.

    So I started searching the largest niche forum in SEOspyglass & all these pages start popping up (.../links.htm, etc...) for backlinks.

    Found two PR5s on the first search, one only has 8 outbound links with a note at the top of the page looking for new/relevant links.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191924].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I was checking a few new keywords/competition in SEOspyglass.

      I don't know why this never occurred to me but same niche forums are a goldmine for finding other relevant same niche sites that are literally asking for backlinks on their own links page.

      So I started searching the largest niche forum in SEOspyglass & all these pages start popping up (.../links.htm, etc...) for backlinks.

      Found two PR5s on the first search, one only has 8 outbound links with a note at the top of the page looking for new/relevant links.

      Hmm I never used spyglass. I should give it a shot. Do you use the free version?
      Signature

      RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191936].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by GGpaul View Post

        Hmm I never used spyglass. I should give it a shot. Do you use the free version?
        Man If you've never used SEOspyglass your going to be like a kid in a candy store.

        Yes, I'm running the free version only because I build links whenever I'm in the mood. If I was doing SEO as a service I would definitely buy the full version.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8191959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author online only
    I have been using this strategy for the past few weeks. In addition to inurl:links.html etc I also search for inurl:resources.. Already 80 live links and counting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8192005].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by online only View Post

      I have been using this strategy for the past few weeks. In addition to inurl:links.html etc I also search for inurl:resources.. Already 80 live links and counting.
      This is defiantly my favorite way to build links.

      I'm finding everything between PR1 - PR5 pages that literally ask for links. Even on something like a PR0, I'll still take the link since it stands a chance of delivering direct niche traffic.

      Seriously, this is about as good as it gets without owning the backlink domains.

      [edit]
      I might end up building a new niche directory...
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8192045].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author online only
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        This is defiantly my favorite way to build links.

        I'm finding everything between PR1 - PR5 pages that literally ask for links. Even on something like a PR0, I'll still take the link since it stands a chance of delivering direct niche traffic.

        Seriously, this is about as good as it gets without owning the backlink domains.

        [edit]
        I might end up building a new niche directory...
        True, the traffic from those pages is golden...

        I even managed to grab one PR6 link with that way. And what's even better, 2-3 of them added my link to their other sites as well, tweeted n stuff.

        But ppl should keep in mind that, this strategy does not work for best-toaster-usa.biz and other poor quality clickbank/affiliate doorway pages. This works for sites that provide value and are worth linking.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8192066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hansons
    Other way, from Google search tool, select blog, forum, video, image etc.. and you would get relevant sites... check each site and build link there.
    Signature

    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8193294].message }}

Trending Topics