My site got de-indexed from google :)

49 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey Warriors,

This has been a real black day for me. I found out today, that my 6-month old site has suddenly got deindexed from google

I was shocked to find this happened. This is the 1st time it happened in my 2 yrs of online exposure.

But the thing is, I am really speechless as to why this happened at all. I have got 100% original content on this site. It was being built with great care with almost natural looking backlinks, taken into fact the penguin update. And most importantly it was a money generating site for me. It was on page 1 for many keywords.

SO now, I really need your help.
Can you all please suggest from your experience how to make this site appear in Google index again???
What do I have to do to regain my site in google?

Waiting for your valuable suggestions and tips.

Thanks,
Aviroop
#deindexed #google #site
  • Profile picture of the author guitarjosh
    If you scan the page and it looks a like a page that adds value and not MFA, you can ask for reconsideration. If it looks anything close to MFA, it's not getting indexed again without a fresh start.

    Sorry to hear man.. I've had a few experiences with that for sure.

    One really cool trick I did on a site that had 35,000 pages indexed and got de-indexed was to throw a 301 up in my .htaccess file and recreate the site exactly as it was on a new domain. Within a week, I had more pages indexed and I was making money again. Not sure if it had anything to do with it.. as the search engines shouldn't have been visiting after a deindex, but I never check logs to verify crap like I should.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6981492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vutshuvo
    i think after penguin update , google is doing this type of work.
    please refresh your page and change few content then apply for re-consideration to google via analytic account ... hope you will get indexed
    Signature

    Never Pay Roaming and No roaming chargesthrough phone call

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6981825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author diff122
    Originally Posted by anirban4u View Post

    I would suggest you to remove the Google analytic code and put a new one and then submit this to different search engine before Google. Wait for 1 week then submit the website to Google. If you need any further help feel free to ask me
    It is not a MFA site. I was building a pure authority site with everything in place, like social proof, accounts in G+, FB, Pinterest, Youtube, Twitter... everywhere... It was like a real biz with useful information and affiliate product promotions...

    Just can't believe how can it get deindexed!!!

    Thanks for the suggestion... But right now, I just feel like getting out of the mercy of google... this is enough now... need to plan to go complete social...

    not fully decided yet, but 1 thing is for sure.... going forward I won't let Google decide wholly on how I do business....

    Will post my progress in this thread....

    Thanks again, for everyone's help...

    Aviroop
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6981973].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author derekwong28
    If Google suspects you of selling links, they won't care whether you have got original content or not, that is unless you have got a very important site.
    Signature

    Do not get between a wombat and a chocolate biscuit; you will regret it dearly!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6982012].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diff122
      Originally Posted by derekwong28 View Post

      If Google suspects you of selling links, they won't care whether you have got original content or not, that is unless you have got a very important site.
      I am not selling any links ...

      Thanks
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6987641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author boxoun
    Did you get any webmaster tools notice?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6982016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diff122
      Originally Posted by boxoun View Post

      Did you get any webmaster tools notice?
      No, strangely enough, I didn't get any webmaster tools notice either...
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6987646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bleepli
    Are you sure it has been de-indexed? have you tried site:yourwebsite.com to see if any page appears or not...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6982061].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author easternodyssey
      I would check to see if the website has not been blacklisted. I did have a strange thing of my website being removed from Baidu. Which seemed to have happened after pinning the website.
      Signature
      Eastern Odyssey | The Definitive Guide to Asia
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6982364].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author diff122
        Originally Posted by easternodyssey View Post

        I would check to see if the website has not been blacklisted. I did have a strange thing of my website being removed from Baidu. Which seemed to have happened after pinning the website.

        How can you check if a site is blacklisted in google?
        I would really like to know that. Can you please share anything here about this?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6987663].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diff122
      Originally Posted by bleepli View Post

      Are you sure it has been de-indexed? have you tried site:yourwebsite.com to see if any page appears or not...

      Ya ofcorz, I have checked that, in fact this is the 1st thing I did... nothing doing.. the site is de-indexed...
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6987648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samual james
    Provide us the link so we can analyze your website and tell you the exact reason due to which your site is deindexed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6982381].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diff122
      Originally Posted by samual james View Post

      Provide us the link so we can analyze your website and tell you the exact reason due to which your site is deindexed.
      Would be sending you in pm.
      Thanks for your help Samuel
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6987705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Ac
    As some one mentioned above, are you sure that your website was deindexed?

    What is your website current position?

    And as an advice this could be a google dance and you must know that a website is rarely de-indexed.

    If we are not taking about G dance the probably your website get in to the sandbox. That is not a penalty tool but is more a maturation tool and with a so new website you will have no difficulty to get out of there.

    Another few things..

    Do not drop that website and try to put it back up.
    And second do not stop your current backlinks building campaign since link velocity is very important. It will be better if you speed up a little.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6983321].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diff122
      Originally Posted by John Ac View Post

      As some one mentioned above, are you sure that your website was deindexed?

      What is your website current position?

      And as an advice this could be a google dance and you must know that a website is rarely de-indexed.

      If we are not taking about G dance the probably your website get in to the sandbox. That is not a penalty tool but is more a maturation tool and with a so new website you will have no difficulty to get out of there.

      Another few things..

      Do not drop that website and try to put it back up.
      And second do not stop your current backlinks building campaign since link velocity is very important. It will be better if you speed up a little.

      Thanks for all the suggestions buddy...
      But, yes the site is de-indexed, it is not google dance or sandbox.
      I couldn't find it through site:mysite.com in google.

      Do you still suggest that I keep on building backlinks to this site?
      Any insights will be highly appreciated.

      Thanks again,
      Aviroop
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6987674].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Ac
        Originally Posted by diff122 View Post

        Thanks for all the suggestions buddy...
        But, yes the site is de-indexed, it is not google dance or sandbox.
        I couldn't find it through site:mysite.com in google.

        Do you still suggest that I keep on building backlinks to this site?
        Any insights will be highly appreciated.

        Thanks again,
        Aviroop
        To be honest I never got an website that was de-indexed in the worst scenario my websites got sandboxed. So I'm not sure if my suggestion can still work.

        The first idea that come to is to get another domain, similar with the first one with "-" or "_" between words and make a 301 redirect.

        And like an idea that must be analyzed try to use a htacess rewrite rule but right now I can not say how to use it....

        I will make a brief search about this and if I found something that can help I will come with a feedback.

        Thank you
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989219].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Stephen Crooks
          To me, I think the fact that you put a 301 in place from the branded domain name to your main site is the root of the problem.

          The reason Google deindexed your main site is because of the redirect is kind of like saying the content on that branded site is on your main site.

          Obviously without seeing your main site this is only my hunch but I would certainly say this is the most obvious avenue to investigate.

          As for getting the site re-indexed. Remove all the redirects to it, make any changes necessary to the site and request a reconsideration through webmaster tools. Good luck!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989329].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author diff122
            Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post

            To me, I think the fact that you put a 301 in place from the branded domain name to your main site is the root of the problem.

            The reason Google deindexed your main site is because of the redirect is kind of like saying the content on that branded site is on your main site.

            Obviously without seeing your main site this is only my hunch but I would certainly say this is the most obvious avenue to investigate.

            As for getting the site re-indexed. Remove all the redirects to it, make any changes necessary to the site and request a reconsideration through webmaster tools. Good luck!
            Hey Steve,

            It's just the otherwise, I did 301 from a previous site of mine to the branded domain (which is my main site now), the branded domain is what got de-indexed

            I would try to remove the redirects, let me think over.
            Thanks for the suggestions

            Aviroop
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989605].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dragontech
    Sorry to hear that... And frankly submitting reconsideration request is pretty much useless, I mean even if you are lucky enough to get it back, you probably won't be confident to move on with that domain, which most likely may have been within Google's first target in the future's update, so I personally think a better move would be to move things over to a new aged domain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6983653].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diff122
      Originally Posted by Jet Chan View Post

      Sorry to hear that... And frankly submitting reconsideration request is pretty much useless, I mean even if you are lucky enough to get it back, you probably won't be confident to move on with that domain, which most likely may have been within Google's first target in the future's update, so I personally think a better move would be to move things over to a new aged domain.
      Hey Jet,

      Thanks for your tip. Now the thing is this site has already been 301'd from a previous site of mine. I created the old site as a small niche site promoting 1 product only 18 months back.

      Then after 1 yr, after I realize that such a thin site would not be worth in the long run, so I bought this branded domain and 301'd the site thin site to this new site (which got deindexed now), because I had a long term vision to build an authority site.

      Strangely though, that old domain is still in google's index, while the new one is gone...

      Would you still suggest, I go for another 301 redirect here to another domain?

      Would be grateful if you suggest a thing here.

      Thanks,
      Aviroop
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6987698].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by diff122 View Post

        so I bought this branded domain and 301'd the site thin site to this new site (which got deindexed now),

        When you say "branded domain" do you mean that the domain name contains the brand name of some product or just that you are trying to create your own brand and it is not a EMD?
        Signature
        New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
        Open for A Limited Time!

        Request to Join
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989341].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author diff122
          Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

          When you say "branded domain" do you mean that the domain name contains the brand name of some product or just that you are trying to create your own brand and it is not a EMD?
          No Mike, it is my OWN brand name, which I was trying to build through all social media FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube and I was going great with the response from google itself, with many page 1 rankings...

          That is the reason I am utterly surprised what went wrong, as per the seo fraternity, this is where google is heading... i.e. branded authority sites...

          This was not a brand name of some product or a EMD...

          Even I have got all branded web2.0 properties in place for this site of mine. Everything was built in a way to build the brand only.

          Just can't get any clue whatsoever, other than the 301 redirects that I had in place from the old site, which was actually a EMD, even the redirects have been 6 months old now.

          God knows!!!
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DNAWRealm
    Banned
    People have reported that simple things like changing copyright from 2011 to 2012 have resulted in their site's being re-indexed. Try making a sitewide tweak to the footer/header.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6983663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robaski
    I quote your words: "with almost natural looking backlinks"

    You must know more than the rest of us. Almost natural is like an old penis looking for viagra if you catch my drift.

    Because I think you know damn well why it got de-indexed, just face the facts and start over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6987741].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diff122
      Originally Posted by Robaski View Post

      I quote your words: "with almost natural looking backlinks"

      You must know more than the rest of us. Almost natural is like an old penis looking for viagra if you catch my drift.

      Because I think you know damn well why it got de-indexed, just face the facts and start over.
      Sorry my friend, I don't really know damn well why my site got de-indexed, as you are suspecting...

      Anywayz, thanks for your insight.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
    Google can randomly deindex you and the sad part is that it doesn't matter if its an authority site or a MFA site. The best thing to do is to play the game knowing Google can knock you out are any moment.

    I have come to learn that this is not a BUSINESS. Mainly because Google tends to be unreachable and incredibly unfair towards Imers.

    All the best my friend!

    -Will
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6987972].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Stephen Crooks
      Without wanting to stick up for Google, you have to look at it from their point of view. They are trying to be fair to users of their various tools and services by stopping the people who abuse those tools and services for financial gain and waste their bandwidth.

      Use those tools and services they way they are intended and there isn't a problem.

      Originally Posted by OmarNegron View Post

      I have come to learn that this is not a BUSINESS. Mainly because Google tends to be unreachable and incredibly unfair towards Imers.

      All the best my friend!

      -Will
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989364].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author blueorca17
      Originally Posted by Robaski View Post

      I quote your words: "with almost natural looking backlinks"

      You must know more than the rest of us. Almost natural is like an old penis looking for viagra if you catch my drift.

      Because I think you know damn well why it got de-indexed, just face the facts and start over.
      Robaski is right. If you got de-indexed, then you know what you were doing wrong. Period. Something that you shouldn't have been doing! LOL Simply the fact that you're looking to see if your site is indexed or not means something.... I would start over if I were you.

      Originally Posted by OmarNegron View Post

      Google can randomly deindex you and the sad part is that it doesn't matter if its an authority site or a MFA site. The best thing to do is to play the game knowing Google can knock you out are any moment.

      I have come to learn that this is not a BUSINESS. Mainly because Google tends to be unreachable and incredibly unfair towards Imers.

      All the best my friend!

      -Will
      Google doesn't de-index at "random". There is always a reason for the de-index... and they are not unfair. It only seems like they're unfair because the majority of the IM world hasn't learned how to play their game correctly.

      Also, if you don't think of this as a business, and adapt to changes in Google or in your market like most successful businesses do, then you are doomed to fail. Always. Attitude and the ability to adapt is what sets successful people apart from all of the rest.....
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6998292].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author diff122
        Yesterday, I got the webmaster tool message for the de-indexed site saying that some of my web pages are not following google guidelines.

        Well, so here we are.... the message doesn't say anything about backlinks or suspicious links, but the pages or posts that I published on my blog.

        This is strange, since I have only published 100% copyscape passed orginal articles on my blog. Not sure, what it meant that some of my content is not following google guidelines.

        Did any of you get webmaster message like this in regard to your site content before?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7005751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mosthost
    There's nothing to 301 redirect. Since the old site is dead, the 301 won't function. Yes, you can send the visitors to the new site, but the search engines won't follow.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989289].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diff122
      Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

      There's nothing to 301 redirect. Since the old site is dead, the 301 won't function. Yes, you can send the visitors to the new site, but the search engines won't follow.
      Do you have any suggestions how to re-index the site then?
      Anything from your experience, may be.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989654].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mosthost
        Originally Posted by diff122 View Post

        Do you have any suggestions how to re-index the site then?
        Anything from your experience, may be.
        Has this website ever been in Google Webmaster tools? If so, what does it say now?

        Next, check your site command in Google and make sure no pages are returned.

        After that, check your server log files and see if Google bot is still visiting.

        If no pages are indexed and Googlebot has abruptly stopped visiting, you can be sure your website has been banned. If that's the case, you have to request reinclusion through Google webmaster tools.

        If those two conditions are not met, then we can look further and suspect a webmastering/web hosting error may have caused the issue.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989700].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author diff122
          Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

          Has this website ever been in Google Webmaster tools? If so, what does it say now?

          Next, check your site command in Google and make sure no pages are returned.

          After that, check your server log files and see if Google bot is still visiting.

          If no pages are indexed and Googlebot has abruptly stopped visiting, you can be sure your website has been banned. If that's the case, you have to request reinclusion through Google webmaster tools.

          If those two conditions are not met, then we can look further and suspect a webmastering/web hosting error may have caused the issue.
          Webmaster tool is not showing any message like the site is de-indexed.
          But strangely, I could see from the server logs, that GooglBot is visiting my site still. The timestamp is showing today's date.

          Is it a good sign then?
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6990106].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author mosthost
            Originally Posted by diff122 View Post

            Webmaster tool is not showing any message like the site is de-indexed.
            But strangely, I could see from the server logs, that GooglBot is visiting my site still. The timestamp is showing today's date.

            Is it a good sign then?
            It sounds like one In GWT does the sitemap show any indexed pages?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6990147].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author diff122
              Originally Posted by mosthost View Post

              It sounds like one In GWT does the sitemap show any indexed pages?
              yeah... the sitemap is showing all the pages indexed in GWT...
              wow... what's happening???
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6990735].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author mosthost
                Originally Posted by diff122 View Post

                yeah... the sitemap is showing all the pages indexed in GWT...
                wow... what's happening???
                Now you need to look for errors that could have prevented crawling.

                Make sure there are no 'noindex' tags present. Make sure your ROBOTS.TXT isn't blocking crawl access.

                And use a header checker to ensure your pages are returning a 200 and not something else.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6990828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raman11
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mosthost
    Aviroop,

    Learn what you can about why it happened then move on. Lessons like this are necessary for us to progress

    Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6989635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author derekwong28
    The only other possibility I can think of is that there is somebody's else site on your ip or nearby Class C ips who have done something bad so that a Google staff decided to manually examine all the nearby sites to see whether they could be related to that owner. It is possible your site was hit in the crossfire. Perhaps they thought your site is a MFA site. A MFA site can still have completely original content.

    Your best bet is to submit a reconsideration request. Otherwise I would mount a new domain and move on.
    Signature

    Do not get between a wombat and a chocolate biscuit; you will regret it dearly!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6990606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moneytm
    Here is something more amazing.

    Google penalized 13 domains of mine (yes, all of the 13 websites I have) from 10 September, 2012. 2 wordpress and 11 hosted on blogger with custom domains and all of them were used to come on #2 or #3 in Google results. But now all of them is gone from results. Google is still indexing new pages but not showing them in results.

    All the work of last one year is not gone and I have no other way except to Give it a new Start.

    I dont' understand the reason why this happened with all of the 13 websites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6995599].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author derekwong28
      Originally Posted by moneytm View Post

      Here is something more amazing.

      Google penalized 13 domains of mine (yes, all of the 13 websites I have) from 10 September, 2012. 2 wordpress and 11 hosted on blogger with custom domains and all of them were used to come on #2 or #3 in Google results. But now all of them is gone from results. Google is still indexing new pages but not showing them in results.

      All the work of last one year is not gone and I have no other way except to Give it a new Start.

      I dont' understand the reason why this happened with all of the 13 websites.
      I wonder if they are hosted on the same ip or Class C ips? Your sites might have been subjected to a manual review.
      Signature

      Do not get between a wombat and a chocolate biscuit; you will regret it dearly!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6997992].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author moneytm
        Originally Posted by derekwong28 View Post

        I wonder if they are hosted on the same ip or Class C ips? Your sites might have been subjected to a manual review.
        Most of them were hosted on blogger and 2 of them were using wordpress[vps hosting]. The only similarity between all of these domain is that they were bought by same registrar.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6998199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nik0
    Banned
    I got the slight idea that there is something missing in this story, cause Google doesn't just deindex good sites for nothing.

    I once had a site deindexed, extremely poor content, brand name in the domain, copied images from images.google.com. So yeah 3 things that are wrong, and you claim your site got deindexed without anything wrong, hmmmmm......
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6997982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nicholas847
    Have you checked your Google Webmaster tool for any warning? You can send a re inclusion request from Web tool. I always do this for my sites whenever they get de indexed, sometimes they provide me with bullet points of issues...and as I fix them, Google cooperates....now Im working on bringing my website/s back to page 1 rankings
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6998035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nathand
    Did you actually spam? Alot of guys running around thinking they are innocent while actually massively article marketing or forum profile link type stuff....

    I got my reinclusion request back.. wrote an article on it here:

    http://backlinkreport.net/google-rei...-tutorial.html

    But I found my site that had it's main KWs hammered was not manual penalty.. it was an automatic Penguin penalty... Google has claimed all auto-penalties expire.. manual penalties don't....

    Figure out what you did (double 336 ad block with a 728 under it???) and stop it.. clean up your site... reinclusion request... see what they say... if it's links, analyze your profile.. remove your spam links.. do the same thing, belame your old SEO...etc

    http://backlinkreport.net/penguin-strategy

    Very unlikely innocent people getting deindexed.......
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7398831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nathand
    Are 301s working? I am seeing 301 links carry over in WMT.. this means anchor distribution abnormalities would carry over no...? you might have to clean up the links from the old domain too.... in one instances I spammed an old domain, moved to 301 to a new keyword hyphen domain.. spammed that too and want it back lol I have to analyze the old domain and new domain name, and try to remove both I think
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7398848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Weblover50
    If Google specifically said there are pages that broke the guidelines, there should be. May be you chose to ignore it, but there would be some. Read the specific guidelines in this page and fix it before you apply for reinclusion:

    Webmaster Guidelines - Webmaster Tools Help

    If you can't find any, apply your friend / an expert to take a look at the site.
    Signature

    Hosting specials - Hostgator Review and Inmotion Coupon

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7399157].message }}

Trending Topics