Problem with pages getting indexed and ranked

9 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Need some advice / solutions.

Let me start off by saying I am well versed in SEO, etc... and our pages almost always get ranked well and indexed immediately.

Here is the problem.

We recently started a family of sites for our niche. The sites are all related but slightly different (see domains below). We are building them simultaneously and have linked them all together (ie with floating sidebar links). Eventually we will be revamping and creating our main site which is like the umbrella for all of them.

Here are the sites:

Play Daily Fantasy Basketball
Play Daily Fantasy Golf
Play Daily Fantasy Hockey
Play Daily Fantasy Baseball
Play Daily Fantasy Football


All was going well since launch about 3-4 months ago, then recently our articles suddenly stopped getting indexed immediately (and now take about 4-6 days to index) and when they do get indexed, they are buried in the SERPS completely.

This coincided (about 2 weeks after) with us adding the sidebar links to each other.


Would this be a case of Google punishing us because all the sites link together? Could there be another reason for the problems we are encountering.

We are really searing for answers here and ESPECIALLY possible solutions. The spring is arriving and sports is picking up and this situation is really hurting our progress and discouraging us.

Thanks for any help in advance!
#indexed #pages #problem #ranked
  • Profile picture of the author corpfan1
    We are still experiencing this problem.

    Any ideas? We would really appreciate some feedback.

    Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7844415].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author livitweb
      Yes, I believe you are being penalized by Google. I think they see you as spamming, or link spamming. It happens all the time, don't worry. I suggest you remove your links, get you site indexed again, and wait it out. Otherwise, you'd have to write to Google about it and get your site up and about again.
      Signature

      Download the Biggest Secret to "Effective Email Marketing" - Seriously Not what you think!

      * Implement this secret method and watch your List Respond like clickwork *
      Download
      Your FREE Copy Here: Cheers David Cummings: ---> www.mywealthyweb.com/free

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7844535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author corpfan1
    Took down the sidebar floating links for now. Will see what happens.

    Be nice to actually "know" you have a certain penalty. Google needs to improve the system for webmasters to give enough info so they know what they can do better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7845984].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post

      Be nice to actually "know" you have a certain penalty. Google needs to improve the system for webmasters to give enough info so they know what they can do better.
      That would make it extremely easy to game the Google algo., setup 20 test sites, push them to the max. in the SERPs, collect the problem/solution data, apply the solutions to the money site.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7850136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaytav
    Also I saw your site. I found the footer links like Contact us and Partner links which are useless. I think you can remove these as well. If you have a Contact us page, link it to that, else remove it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7846406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jimerson Farveez
    I would strongly suggest you to keep on getting more quality links to your site. Do not stop it.
    There are many ways, anyhow, getting social bookmarks/story submissions links are really great for start up
    Signature
    Search Engine Optimization Services in Delray Beach, FL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7846421].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Velant
    Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post

    Need some advice / solutions.

    Let me start off by saying I am well versed in SEO, etc... and our pages almost always get ranked well and indexed immediately.

    Here is the problem.

    We recently started a family of sites for our niche. The sites are all related but slightly different (see domains below). We are building them simultaneously and have linked them all together (ie with floating sidebar links). Eventually we will be revamping and creating our main site which is like the umbrella for all of them.

    Here are the sites:

    Play Daily Fantasy Basketball
    Play Daily Fantasy Golf
    Play Daily Fantasy Hockey
    Play Daily Fantasy Baseball
    Play Daily Fantasy Football


    All was going well since launch about 3-4 months ago, then recently our articles suddenly stopped getting indexed immediately (and now take about 4-6 days to index) and when they do get indexed, they are buried in the SERPS completely.

    This coincided (about 2 weeks after) with us adding the sidebar links to each other.


    Would this be a case of Google punishing us because all the sites link together? Could there be another reason for the problems we are encountering.

    We are really searing for answers here and ESPECIALLY possible solutions. The spring is arriving and sports is picking up and this situation is really hurting our progress and discouraging us.

    Thanks for any help in advance!
    - Remove the sidebar interlinking;
    - Start building quality links to sites;
    - Add extrenal links to authority sites in your niche (you can nofollow them to avoid link juice depletion), not your direct competitors though!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7846471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author corpfan1
    Thanks guys - working on everything.

    Sidebar linking between sites removed. Hoping that was it.

    Out of curiousity, at what point can we interlink our sites? We really want visitors to be able to travel between them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7846701].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Velant
      Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post

      Thanks guys - working on everything.

      Sidebar linking between sites removed. Hoping that was it.

      Out of curiousity, at what point can we interlink our sites? We really want visitors to be able to travel between them.
      If cross-travelling between the sites is important then you can leave them but nofollow the links. If the penalty placed on your sites was automatic, it might be removed after sometime. If it's a manual penalty, however (check your webmaster tools for messages from Google!), then you might need to resubmit the sites. But in any case the first thing to do is to nofollow the links if you need them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7850100].message }}

Trending Topics