Is it wise to buy links from digitalpoint forums?

25 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey,

I was just wondering is it wise to buy links from digitalpoint links section or not? I made a post, that I'm willing to buy PR2-PR5 blog posts and/or link rental.

I got like 70+ PM's within 24hours. I did a quick overview for the domains that I got through PM... 70% of the sites (PR2-PR5) were very weak, with only 10-15 links pointing to it, so I quickly deleted those PM's.

Another ones that looked like "real" had like 30 OBL with random links (paydayloan, weight loss, get rich quick links etc), so I obviously deleted those PM's as well..

So, after some research I found that only 10 of the 70 PM's had some-what legit sites with real PR.

Should I buy link on these domains or not? Some of them were offering permanent blog roll link, some of them permanent blog post. How the **** can I be sure that I are permanent? Well blog posts maybe, but blogroll?!

Personally I think it's a waste of time and money. What's your opinion about buying links through different forums?
#buy #digitalpoint #forums #links #wise
  • Profile picture of the author CyberAlien
    Well... to start with... why did you create a posting asking to buy links on DigitalPoint if you were just going to come here to ask if you should actually buy the links or not? It would have made more sense to ask about it before wasting all of those sellers time when you aren't even sure if you want to buy links on DP.

    Also, nobody can guarantee permanent backlinks unless they own the website - even then, it's risky to guarantee that they will be permanent because there's always a chance of them losing the domain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7934800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dejaone
    There're about 1-2% of link sell on DP (and other forums as well) are from legit sites. You'll find a few good links if you spend a few hours evaluating those links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7935018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RimaNaj2011
      Paid links are against Google so no, don't buy links.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7935036].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulgl
        Originally Posted by RimaNaj2011 View Post

        Paid links are against Google so no, don't buy links.
        Paid links are not against google. What does that say about you and your sig?

        Where, pray tell, does google actually tell people to get links? According to
        the lot of you, every link that people espouse to get here, are all against
        google. From blog commenting spam, to forum spam.

        I chuckle everytine I hear these experts continuously misquote cutts and google.

        Do you people ever do research on your own, or just know a guy who heard
        a guy, and he's a guru, so...I'll tell you guys.

        Paul
        Signature

        If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7935352].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author RimaNaj2011
          Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

          Paid links are not against google. What does that say about you and your sig?

          Where, pray tell, does google actually tell people to get links? According to
          the lot of you, every link that people espouse to get here, are all against
          google. From blog commenting spam, to forum spam.

          I chuckle everytine I hear these experts continuously misquote cutts and google.

          Do you people ever do research on your own, or just know a guy who heard
          a guy, and he's a guru, so...I'll tell you guys.

          Paul
          What does that have to do with my signature?

          You can't pay for links... penalty that happened to JCPenney, Google's Chrome page, etc. it's because they paid for links.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7935499].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author yukon
            Banned
            Originally Posted by RimaNaj2011 View Post

            You can't pay for links... penalty that happened to JCPenney, Google's Chrome page, etc. it's because they paid for links.
            That's not exactly correct.

            JCP was buying spammy links & one of the self proclaimed SEO guru media whores got the media involved by calling JCP out, the SEO story went viral, everyone & their brother could easily see the link profile, Google didn't have much choice than to do a slap on JCPs hand to shut the media up.

            Paid links are completely fine, the difference is a paid link for traffic or a paid link for PR (page rank).

            With that being said, I personally have sitewide links on one of my niche sites to relevant niche sites that I don't own, they're followed links & pass PR. I've never had a problem ranking any pages on my site, the site I link to is doing fine in the SERPs. Google has no idea If the links are payed for PR, payed for traffic, or simply me posting a link I think my own traffic will find useful (which is the case but Google doesn't know that).
            Signature
            Hi
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7936341].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author David Sahel
          TOO MANY FAKE EXPERTS ON WARRIOR FORUM- STOP POSTING GARBAGE

          I do agree,Its a bad habit to mislead less-informed marketers on a forum. I get pissed off when people just want to add to their posting count --They mislead and misdirect innocent readers--if you dont know--zip up and listen OR quickly get out to research WELL before you post garbage.
          Nothing is wrong about buying links--you can buy on Fiverr--just ask around about genuine sellers of these things-Also, creating about 10 videos , distributing them with your sites links embedded will get you genuine links--
          David sahel
          --------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

          Paid links are not against google. What does that say about you and your sig?

          Where, pray tell, does google actually tell people to get links? According to
          the lot of you, every link that people espouse to get here, are all against
          google. From blog commenting spam, to forum spam.

          I chuckle everytine I hear these experts continuously misquote cutts and google.

          Do you people ever do research on your own, or just know a guy who heard
          a guy, and he's a guru, so...I'll tell you guys.

          Paul
          Signature
          Use AmaSPY - amazon research software to choose Best Amazon products to promote + FREE SimpleAzon WP Plugin & Affil. Training CLICK HERE http://amaSPY.net/bot

          High Ticket Products List Includes 414 Big Commission Products from AMAZON-
          http://highticketharvest.com/90lk
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7944990].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author SEOAiko
            I've been to Digital Point and at the time of my DP experience, I seldom find quality link buys. If I were you, I wouldn't buy links from forums because most of the time they are just there to benefit more from you. I'd rather search for related quality sites and ask them if they want to sell me a link. Well, that's just me.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7945361].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author yukon
            Banned
            Originally Posted by David Sahel View Post

            TOO MANY FAKE EXPERTS ON WARRIOR FORUM- STOP POSTING GARBAGE

            I do agree,Its a bad habit to mislead less-informed marketers on a forum. I get pissed off when people just want to add to their posting count --They mislead and misdirect innocent readers--if you dont know--zip up and listen OR quickly get out to research WELL before you post garbage.
            Nothing is wrong about buying links--you can buy on Fiverr--just ask around about genuine sellers of these things-Also, creating about 10 videos , distributing them with your sites links embedded will get you genuine links--
            David sahel
            --------------------------------------
            I gave you 1 point for this:
            TOO MANY FAKE EXPERTS ON WARRIOR FORUM- STOP POSTING GARBAGE

            ...and deducted 17 points for this:
            you can buy on Fiverr
            Signature
            Hi
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324709].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
              Originally Posted by yukon View Post

              I gave you 1 point for this:



              ...and deducted 17 points for this:
              LOLZ .......
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324809].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author icemonkey9
        Originally Posted by RimaNaj2011 View Post

        Paid links are against Google so no, don't buy links.
        Really? I mean... REALLY? You realize that just asking for a link is against the google TOC right?

        Buying links in this day and age of SEO is not just needed but mandatory. What people need to do is buy links INTELLIGENTLY. To the OP, don't buy from bad link sellers. I'm glad you did your homework, that was wise. Buying from DP can be fine, just make sure you are buying from a reputable site. Low OBLs (15 or less!), good PR, good Moz Trust, good Majestic CF and TF, and obviously great DA/PA from OpenSiteExplorer.

        Anyways... I don't mean to crack on you Rima it's just that I totally disagree with "well google said this so I totally believe it forever" because those jokers are consistently full of it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324642].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
          Originally Posted by icemonkey9 View Post

          Really? I mean... REALLY? You realize that just asking for a link is against the google TOC right?

          Buying links in this day and age of SEO is not just needed but mandatory. What people need to do is buy links INTELLIGENTLY. To the OP, don't buy from bad link sellers. I'm glad you did your homework, that was wise. Buying from DP can be fine, just make sure you are buying from a reputable site. Low OBLs (15 or less!), good PR, good Moz Trust, good Majestic CF and TF, and obviously great DA/PA from OpenSiteExplorer.

          Anyways... I don't mean to crack on you Rima it's just that I totally disagree with "well google said this so I totally believe it forever" because those jokers are consistently full of it.
          Really? I mean... REALLY? Bumping a 3 month old thread to tell him that.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    It sounds like you might know "too much" about SEO. Thats a problem I face myself somewhat. The more I learn, the more I become capable of doing things on my own, the LESS value I see in buying links from other people or having them do my work. Not because their value actually goes down, but because my value goes up.

    But I'm still at a point where my value is low enough to continue buying links . I lose too much value trying to do it on my own. So as far as it being a "waste of money and time", that depends on how resourceful you are vs the person you're buying from. It depends on your own unique set of skills. How much the links are worth to you, vs how much your time is worth doing other things?

    For me, since I'm not as resourceful as most people on here (SEO is not my main focus in life - sales is), buying links is usually a good idea. I'm not even talking about just buying high pr links, I'm talking about paying someone to do ALL my backlinks. I do tons of research beforehand, try to reduce risk as much as possible, then make a decision and keep my fingers crossed.

    The way I see it, nothing is really guaranteed. A guarantee is really just a form of insurance. And insurance exists because things DO go wrong. With that said, I think its important to take risks. Because you usually learn more when things go wrong anyway. I mean crap, 90% of the stuff I do never works out how I expect, but the small % that does work out, always compensates for all those mistakes I made.

    -Red
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7935117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KingRoyal
    I would be careful when buying links, Matt Cutts just came out with a new video talking about what could happen if busted for it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7935150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nik0
    Banned
    Originally Posted by online only View Post

    Hey,

    I was just wondering is it wise to buy links from digitalpoint links section or not? I made a post, that I'm willing to buy PR2-PR5 blog posts and/or link rental.

    I got like 70+ PM's within 24hours. I did a quick overview for the domains that I got through PM... 70% of the sites (PR2-PR5) were very weak, with only 10-15 links pointing to it, so I quickly deleted those PM's.

    Another ones that looked like "real" had like 30 OBL with random links (paydayloan, weight loss, get rich quick links etc), so I obviously deleted those PM's as well..

    So, after some research I found that only 10 of the 70 PM's had some-what legit sites with real PR.

    Should I buy link on these domains or not? Some of them were offering permanent blog roll link, some of them permanent blog post. How the **** can I be sure that I are permanent? Well blog posts maybe, but blogroll?!

    Personally I think it's a waste of time and money. What's your opinion about buying links through different forums?
    You should focus a bit less on relevancy, no one is going to offer you like 10 links for $80-,- all coming from domains that are focused on one niche.

    Let's do some simple math:

    1000 different niches

    To serve clients decently let's say we need 50 sites per niche, pretty small network for some of the tougher niches actually

    50.000 sites, a decent domain costs $200

    Talking about $1 MILLION invested

    You think such people are going to sell you links for $6-10/each?

    I think you should really adjust your expectations.

    Besides that, links from high PR domains with solid back link profiles are effective, whether they are focused on one niche or not, how do you think I rank my 100+ monthly clients? I didn't invest 1 million, more close to $25k.

    Sure I exaggarate the numbers a bit here but there are so many niches out there that it's just not doable. Today they have a lawnmower to promote, tomorrow they are a psychologist, and the day after that they come up with a tree cutting service. Go figure. Then you can say yeah but you can setup the niches more broad. Yes but fitting a tree cutting service in a Home & Garden niche is just as irrelevant as on a site with 100+ different topics (SEO wise).

    What you need to do is setup your own exclusive network of private sites so that you can rank yourself if you're scared of links at sites that cover many topics.

    That's why some SEO services cost $2000-5000/month, if they do it properly they set up sites with exclusive use for that client, and maybe 1 or 2 more that happen to be in the same niche, simply cause they have the budget to do that.

    But you probably want such service for a few hundred dollar or less. You might be able to find it but then you will have to contact a lot of site owners and ask them / offer them money for a link to your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7935279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nik0
    Banned
    Originally Posted by online only View Post

    Hey,

    I was just wondering is it wise to buy links from digitalpoint links section or not? I made a post, that I'm willing to buy PR2-PR5 blog posts and/or link rental.

    I got like 70+ PM's within 24hours. I did a quick overview for the domains that I got through PM... 70% of the sites (PR2-PR5) were very weak, with only 10-15 links pointing to it, so I quickly deleted those PM's.

    Another ones that looked like "real" had like 30 OBL with random links (paydayloan, weight loss, get rich quick links etc), so I obviously deleted those PM's as well..

    So, after some research I found that only 10 of the 70 PM's had some-what legit sites with real PR.

    Should I buy link on these domains or not? Some of them were offering permanent blog roll link, some of them permanent blog post. How the **** can I be sure that I are permanent? Well blog posts maybe, but blogroll?!

    Personally I think it's a waste of time and money. What's your opinion about buying links through different forums?
    Sorry I think I didn't read your post to properly.

    What you've been doing is inviting people to come up with a whole bunch of crap. You could've better browsed through the for sales sections, use the search function with kw's like: blog posts, high PR blog posts, that way you weed out all the senukex crap and such, and then contact those supplies and ask smart questions like how are they hosted etc.

    That would be much more effective.

    So yeah your approach to find solid back links is pretty much a waste of time.

    Another general rule, any self respected SEO'er would never send you a sample of sites to review.

    They get enough business to be able to say no, for you a hundred others.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7935336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    I would think twice before buying from that marketplace. Most of the sellers have been openly selling links for too long.
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7935614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kmanbloquet
    Most links that you buy will not be that good. I would recommend spending the money on advertising or other methods then buying links. You can build tons of great links for FREE! Once in a while you might find a good deal but normally you wont.
    Signature
    Livinsport is a social networking site for athletes,coaches scouts and even fans to interact and connect. Make an account for Free today!!

    CrowdSparked
    is a crowd-funding platform for students looking to raise money to further their education. Sign-up for our Beta Trial Today!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7935889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author micksss
    I've noticed a lot of the sellers over at DP list the domains in there sale threads... If the domain is posted say no thanks, not even worth analyzing it's metrics, move on.
    Signature
    Web Hosting Reviews ► www.CastironHosting.com ◄ Read or Submit Feedback on Web Hosts.
    Web Hosting Coupons, Deals & Promos!

    Need a Virtual Private Server? www.VPSPlan.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7936094].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bambu
    DP is a joke. I would avoid buying any links from sellers there. Who knows what types of links they will sell down the line (viagra, porn, payday loans, etc), if they will renew their registration, pull your link after the 45 day Paypal dispute period is over, etc.

    Quick DP story. I sent a message to a poster who states they have valid PR2-8 domains. I ask for a list of domains to review. Poster sent over a list of 20 domains, which included several PR6-8. Not one domain had a PA/DA >20. I decided not to follow up, but the poster sent a message inquiring if I was interested. I told him no, because all of the PRs were obviously faked. The poster/snake then had the gull to ask me if I wanted real domains with PR, but they would cost more. LOL!

    Find someone reputable that will sell you relevant links on real websites. If this is a churn and burn website then go hog wild and buy links where you can.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7937095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaytav
    It's better to find a relevant niche website and ask them for Paid inclusion or a sponsored post on their site. That will be more beneficial, I think.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7937529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author harro1
    I wouldn't trust digital point providers, BHW and warrior forum got better providers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8324876].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clarkfaint
    Obviously do your homework before you pay for links any where. Run it through Majestic, Fake PR checker, and make sure it's still indexed, etc.

    Of course you could always start buying your own PR domains and get a little more bang for your buck over the long term...Just a thought.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8326208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fpdeziner
    Manually submit your website to paid and free directories and write press releases, it can get you natural links. Natural links are better than those you buy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8334772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    you don't need much effort to build manual links, so it is better to it manually as links you buy are not good for your site, google strictly does not like unnatural links, so they can harm your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8346779].message }}

Trending Topics