Please estimate my website

12 replies
  • WEB DESIGN
  • |
Hello guys!

I have a website Software Outsourcing Company, Offshore Software Development - WhirlWare Software Outsourcing Company , I made it myself. I want to hear from you:

* What do you like in this website?
* What you don`t like and why (design, functionality, usability, another...)
* Grade from 1 to 10

Thanks in advance! Every opinion is important for me!
#design #estimate #website
  • Profile picture of the author IzRush
    The website is great, functions nice and is fast loading. The design is lacking a little bit but that's very easy to fix.

    - There are too many different colours which don't compliment each other. They work against each other. Which colours am I supposed to pay attention to? its confusing.

    - The bubble buttons look very outdated.

    - Your services page seems to be bugged. If you try to scroll, the page stutters. Maybe that's just me though.

    - The shadows are horrid, too dark and too hard. With web design, you don't want the design elements distracting the user. Use very subtle shadows and effects, they will make your website look 1000% more professional.

    - Some buttons on your website are rounded and have shadows while other buttons are flat and just have coloured backgrounds. You should always go for a consistent look and feel. Don't use too many different competing styles and effects. They'll work against each other and make your website look not as professional.


    Other than that, its a good start. Like I said, design is very easy to fix, with just a little bit of tweaking your website will look more professional.

    Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8893152].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jesse Kemper
      Originally Posted by IzRush View Post

      The website is great, functions nice and is fast loading. The design is lacking a little bit but that's very easy to fix.

      - There are too many different colours which don't compliment each other. They work against each other. Which colours am I supposed to pay attention to? its confusing.

      - The bubble buttons look very outdated.

      - Your services page seems to be bugged. If you try to scroll, the page stutters. Maybe that's just me though.

      - The shadows are horrid, too dark and too hard. With web design, you don't want the design elements distracting the user. Use very subtle shadows and effects, they will make your website look 1000% more professional.

      - Some buttons on your website are rounded and have shadows while other buttons are flat and just have coloured backgrounds. You should always go for a consistent look and feel. Don't use too many different competing styles and effects. They'll work against each other and make your website look not as professional.


      Other than that, its a good start. Like I said, design is very easy to fix, with just a little bit of tweaking your website will look more professional.

      Good luck
      I basically just +1 this, I would definitely agree with not overduing some of the effects such as the rounded nature of boxes, and the hard shadowing, also there are definitely alot of color conflict. (The request a quote button??) All in all I'd say its a bit too... bubbly?(just the word that comes to mind lol) Hope the constructive criticism helps.
      Signature

      Wanna chat more about SEO, Web Design, or Graphic Design? Follow me on Google+

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8896600].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author VladislavGasan
        Originally Posted by Jesse Kemper View Post

        I basically just +1 this, I would definitely agree with not overduing some of the effects such as the rounded nature of boxes, and the hard shadowing, also there are definitely alot of color conflict. (The request a quote button??) All in all I'd say its a bit too... bubbly?(just the word that comes to mind lol) Hope the constructive criticism helps.
        Thanks! I agree with you that there is too many orange. But what colour I should use to replace it?
        Signature
        WhirlWare - Web, Mobile & Game development services.
        www.whirlware.biz


        ALT Academy - IT courses in Kharkiv.
        www.alt-academy.org
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8896776].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Underxman
          Change the entire site. For a site like this you need 3 things

          -Speed
          -Responsiveness
          -Simplicity

          Anything else is disturbing and takes away the use of the site and the services offered/ what your company does.
          Signature

          Premium webhosting http://darkenil.com. Superfast hosting with SSD servers starting from just $1/month.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8896788].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author pnehal
            check how each teeth of the cogs on the side meet/attach -- anyone?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8897312].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
              Originally Posted by pnehal View Post

              check how each teeth of the cogs on the side meet/attach -- anyone?
              Yeah, immediately. ADD anonymous meetup here, I guess...
              Signature
              Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
              Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

              What's your excuse?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8897668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisWrok
    Hi. I will offer my constructive criticism.

    Average IMO.

    -a little too feminine
    -I don't like the spinning symbol links
    -I don't like the social media section
    -the colour matching is off a bit with your buttons
    ----light blue and orange don't work,
    ----and the big red orange button up top doesn't match the other lighter orange buttons

    i only saw your homepage...
    hope this helps, gl.

    edited...sorry
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8893504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    so keep asking questions...as it is the best way to mold your peoject into what people want.
    Just NOT here!
    This is not a general let's chat about my website sh*t forum.
    It is for Internet Marketers seeking help with their website... when needed.

    And do not try again to pimp your whatever website in someone else's thread - just to get some eyes to your site.

    OP: be aware that web design companies can NOT ask for review...
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8893613].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dadadada
      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      Just NOT here!
      This is not a general let's chat about my website sh*t forum.
      It is for Internet Marketers seeking help with their website... when needed.

      And do not try again to pimp your whatever website in someone else's thread - just to get some eyes to your site.

      OP: be aware that web design companies can NOT ask for review...
      Why cannot web design companies ask for review?
      It is, after all, a web business, and that's what we are here doing. Trying to make money on the web.

      Having said that, I don't know how you market, or what not.
      But on the slider, that splash/star graphic where it says "Unity" is a bit cheesy. Not very professional.
      And that pinkish color is kind of off base.
      Other than that, I'd suggest to slow down the slider and add more "blue" sophistication to the main page.

      Good luck with your business!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8894502].message }}
  • It could use a lot of improvement.

    Logo -
    Background -
    Concept -

    Go with you're natural ideas, don't use any templates

    WILL -
    Signature
    WebDevelopmentGroup NYC & CA- Small Business Web Development, App Development, WordPress Development, Graphic Designs, Online Marketing, Local Marketing & more!. "Call us 1.800.219.1314 or message us!". Visit us today! "Now On Live Chat Mon-Fri.". www.WebDevelopmentGroup.org
    (Whitelable our Services)
    ===================================
    ==> #1 OFFLINE MARKETING FORUM ON THE WEB! <==
    www.OFFLINEMARKETINGFORUM.com
    (Register Now)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8896161].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author VladislavGasan
      Originally Posted by WebdevelopmentGroup View Post

      It could use a lot of improvement.

      Logo -
      Background -
      Concept -

      Go with you're natural ideas, don't use any templates

      WILL -
      I thought that logo is the best part of my website How do you suggest to improve it?
      Signature
      WhirlWare - Web, Mobile & Game development services.
      www.whirlware.biz


      ALT Academy - IT courses in Kharkiv.
      www.alt-academy.org
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8896771].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
    I don't like the spinning wheels at all. They're distracting, and the mechanism is designed the wrong way.

    I'm not quite sure why, but the light blue under the nav just doesn't please my eye. It's also too close to the logo blue without being the same. You should drop the logo a few pixels down so that it's not touching the top.

    Normal subpages look quite good, but the front page is just too busy. Too many elements animate or make mouseover popups, and the colors clash with each other. The wide text block is too wide to read comfortably.

    There's too many different ways to do "3D" bezel on this site. Decide on one button style and run with it. The style should match the slight shadow you've got over the navigation element. Remove all the shadows from the buttons, especially the ones that don't even touch the element.

    I'm not sure if you need the box-in-box approach. Have you tried to get rid of the grey background color, or at least the wide stroke on each side of the content?
    Signature
    Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
    Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

    What's your excuse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8897664].message }}

Trending Topics