Register Blogs Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

Get a Whiteboard!!

Share
Submit "Get a Whiteboard!!" to Facebook
Posted 7th March 2012 at 08:31 PM by Daniel Evans
Updated 27th May 2019 at 12:23 PM by Daniel Evans

An idea isn't productive unless a person acts upon it and manifests something that is a product of it.

Whilst a person might not be able to clap their hands or wave a magic want and have a product fall from the sky as a result of a mere thought, they can begin to manifest the idea in a tangible form.

This is achieved simply by expressing ideas with a pen! Typing works too, but the pen is more physical and that's what makes it mighty! Not only is writing / drawing useful for expressing preformed ideas, it is useful for discovering new ideas by way of brainstorming. Words can branch into associated words thus forming further ideas.

People who are on the move may prefer to carry a notepad to achieve this, however for those of us in the office there is no better way to express your ideas than a whiteboard.

It should be BIG. Upon it you write / draw your ideas. You make those BIG too because they will become big. Express those ideas in a bigger scale than your own head where they were previously imprisoned because now they are free to expand! Colour those ideas. Link those ideas. EVOLVE those ideas.

Ensure the whiteboard is in a place where you can NEVER ESCAPE those ideas until you ACT! Have those ideas infront of you every day. Be encouraged by it's presence but equally annoyed by it's content and know that you can never wipe the board clean and fill it with new refreshing content until you make the move to make it happen!

[B]Get a Whiteboard!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3650 Comments 6
Total Comments 6

Comments

  1. New Comment
    WikiWarrior's Avatar
    Hey Daniel,

    I was searching on Google to see any other Warriors using a whiteboard and your post popped up . I ordered a big ol' whiteboard from Amazon yesterday. I've been wanting to get one for ages and finally went ahead and ordered a 1200 x 900mm I think it was, plus some magnets and multi-coloured pens. I use Mindmeister to map my ideas and write lists but none give me the freedom I want to map out my ideas freeform. I think a whiteboard will be an awesome productivity tool plus eventually I can use it in video presentations after I get my head round Camtasia.

    Anyway, great to see you having success with a whiteboard
    permalink
    Posted 13th May 2012 at 05:25 PM by WikiWarrior WikiWarrior is offline
  2. New Comment
    Alex Blades's Avatar
    Lol, my wife says I am addicted to white boards, I buy like 5 at a time. I am surprised someone made a blog entry on how important white boards are. I feel vindicated
    permalink
    Posted 14th November 2012 at 02:28 PM by Alex Blades Alex Blades is offline
  3. New Comment
    Daniel Evans's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WikiWarrior View Comment
    Hey Daniel,

    I was searching on Google to see any other Warriors using a whiteboard and your post popped up . I ordered a big ol' whiteboard from Amazon yesterday. I've been wanting to get one for ages and finally went ahead and ordered a 1200 x 900mm I think it was, plus some magnets and multi-coloured pens. I use Mindmeister to map my ideas and write lists but none give me the freedom I want to map out my ideas freeform. I think a whiteboard will be an awesome productivity tool plus eventually I can use it in video presentations after I get my head round Camtasia.

    Anyway, great to see you having success with a whiteboard
    Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you found my blog entry and found it to be of use!

    All the best with your mind mapping!

    I'll be sure to keep a look out for your genius!


    Daniel
    permalink
    Posted 1st January 2013 at 02:50 AM by Daniel Evans Daniel Evans is offline
  4. New Comment
    Daniel Evans's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Comment
    Lol, my wife says I am addicted to white boards, I buy like 5 at a time. I am surprised someone made a blog entry on how important white boards are. I feel vindicated
    Glad to be of service Alex!

    Rest assured, it's a healthy addition!

    Daniel
    permalink
    Posted 1st January 2013 at 02:51 AM by Daniel Evans Daniel Evans is offline
  5. New Comment
    Justin Lewis's Avatar
    Not only will the ideas become big, by using a white board you can get rid of the distractions.

    Personally I hate pen and pencil.

    Reason being is because you focus on too many of the little things versus the overall idea.

    With a big marker, you can skip the fine details and focus on what's most important because you are only given so much room to write.

    I have a whiteboard the size of a sports car in my office (it's around 10 feet long) and looooove it.

    Tip though.. if you do get a 10 foot white board, make sure you have the wall space and are okay with hanging it, it's a toughie

    Great share Daniel!
    permalink
    Posted 18th March 2013 at 08:57 PM by Justin Lewis Justin Lewis is offline
  6. New Comment
    Daniel Evans's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin Lewis View Comment
    Not only will the ideas become big, by using a white board you can get rid of the distractions.

    Personally I hate pen and pencil.

    Reason being is because you focus on too many of the little things versus the overall idea.

    With a big marker, you can skip the fine details and focus on what's most important because you are only given so much room to write.

    I have a whiteboard the size of a sports car in my office (it's around 10 feet long) and looooove it.

    Tip though.. if you do get a 10 foot white board, make sure you have the wall space and are okay with hanging it, it's a toughie

    Great share Daniel!
    Great points there Justin!

    There's no margin to mess around with a nice thick marker pen!

    It sounds like you've got yourself a beast of a whiteboard there!

    All the best.

    Daniel
    permalink
    Posted 19th March 2013 at 11:47 AM by Daniel Evans Daniel Evans is offline
 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 AM.