Do nofollow links have any effect on SEO?

68 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Dofollow links are obviously preferable due to the fact that they allow bots to pass credit to your site. Do nofollow links have any effect whatsoever on SEO?
#effect #links #nofollow #seo
  • Profile picture of the author Blue445nm
    No follow links have no effect on SERPS

    Everyone's gonna say that it's good to have link diversity and to include both dofollow and nofollow
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9936103].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sameera
      Well said. To maintain link diversity, you should maintain dofollow and nofollow count. If you are promoting on url many times in a single site(it can be blog or any other site), keeping it nofollow is a best practice.
      Signature

      Participate in #YoKart100Startups to start your Online Store for Free

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9954807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SusanHayden
    A no follow link is a link that does not count as a point in the page’s favor, does not boost PageRank, and doesn’t help a page’s placement in the SERPs. No follow links get no love. Theirs is a sad and lonely life.
    Signature

    Cloud Based Employee Monitoring & Tracking Software =======> http://empmonitor.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9936187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anandrao50
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9936628].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author emptee
      Originally Posted by anandrao50 View Post

      I agree with @buft
      If all your links are followed links, it looks unnatural. Combined with other factors, such as if high proportion of links have money keywords in anchor, it becomes a negative factor for your site in Penguin algorithm.
      nofollow links from high authority sites will help in SEO.
      Just my 2c - We don't actually have any idea if Google (or anyone else) counts nofollows at all.. Everyone in the industry assumes they don't but, we can't see under the hood..

      That said - everything I've seen would seem to indicate that they don't count for ranking anyway At the very least - they seem to be statistically insignificant

      Michael
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9936689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aceriker
    Hi,

    No follow links don't have direct effect, even though nofollow link is not indexed by google, no follow links will be followed by google when the same link is indexed for any other reason, also no follow link will help you to increase traffic.
    Signature

    Interested to develop booking and rental website then choose booking software , popular in developing clone script like groupon and airbnb clone

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9936792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackluter
    Banned
    Dofollow can generate backlinks but also nofollow helps to generate traffic source,i mean both have equal importance in seo.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9936850].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reddy183
    Hi,

    Do follow links only will show some effect on your search engine rankings. No follow links will never show the results of your SERPS.

    Regards,
    Reddy Sekhar,
    SEO Analyst.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9936981].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
      Originally Posted by reddy183 View Post

      Hi,
      Do follow links only will show some effect on your search engine rankings. No follow links will never show the results of your SERPS.
      Regards,
      Reddy Sekhar,
      SEO Analyst.
      I don't agree with the so called SEO analyst from India and i want to clarify this.
      Its true that do follow link passes weight to the site but for Google it doesn't matter because both are links nothing else. Google determine the quality of the link if it is engaging with the users and been shared as well as being considered as a source from a related website.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9938434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pdomain
    Banned
    This is time to understand SEO deeply.

    Any link that is sending you traffics, can affect SEO (positively or negatively), I'm not talking of link juice, to gain link juice, dofollow links work.

    But we should not ignore nofollow links, if nofollow links are sending you relevant visitors, they will help a lot.
    Signature

    Coming soon!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9937041].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
    If you broaden your view of SEO beyond whether a link passes PageRank or not you can find a lot of valley to nofollow links. For starters, link diversity.

    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9937097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeKn1qu3z
    In these days Dofollow are too waste as Google prefers only niche related links to count for SERP. No follow links may count as links in alexa tool, but nothing gives us in SERP. Building both links would be great as it become natural method of link building.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9937099].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patco
    They are still important. If nothing else, at least they can tell Google that you have a good diversification Dofollow to Nofollow links!
    Signature

    A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
    Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9937210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webdevpro
    Nofollow links are good for referral traffic (if not for PR kind of stuff) and at least will help in giving traffic to your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9937252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobinPHalverson
    I think for Google they hinder SEO. But, for other they may help to rank you better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9937296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    The only reason people ever say nofollow links don't affect rankings, is because they are short sighted and focus too much on PR. Sure you can't get PR from nofollow links I guess, but that doesn't mean they have no value, some of the most valuable links I've built over the years are nofollow.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9937555].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      There's a sucker born every minute.

      If anyone on the WF is peddling anything SEO, and says nofollow links
      count or help, they are just a rotten snake oil salesman.

      I pity the fools.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9938053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author riya279
    Agree with @aceriker, Nofollow links not affect SERPs but they can drive traffic to your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9938254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flukmani
    No they wont bare any effect till they are available from Good Sources like Facebook, Wikipedia, etc..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9938276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author firsttender
    Yes do-follow and no-follow links is effective because it give you the strength and visibilities in to the search engine that why the reason it is important. but no follow links gives you only traffic not strength.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9938300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amelia4561
    Originally Posted by AndrewAdamSmith View Post

    Dofollow links are obviously preferable due to the fact that they allow bots to pass credit to your site. Do nofollow links have any effect whatsoever on SEO?
    Not equal to Dofollow, but Nofollow links are important and can increase your domain authority if gained from relevant, high authorized site.
    Consider a Nofollow link gained from Wikipedia.org site. Will you consider it as of no value?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9938331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jobdollarr
    Some webmasters suggest you to create and link edu dofollow link.

    They have a significant impact.

    When you shoot a link, you have to think the same niche with your website have.

    Some example, if you build a link on logo design, then your backlink is a website about logo design.

    This is to reduce the bounce rate.

    I think the nofollow link is only useful for branding your domain.

    I used to stick on facebook, and just scraped some traffic
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9938344].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
      I do not believe that nofollow links help directly, but there's no need to shy away from them. They're part of a a balanced, nutritious, and wholesome link profile. Probably Google does something with them. However, there's a huge difference between "does something" and "OMG the ultimate SEO trick evar". Don't fool yourself.

      Indeed, nofollow links can drive traffic. Does your average link buried somewhere drive any traffic? Not really, and that's what you need to think about. If you get one visitor per blog comment was it really worth the effort? Is there a way for you to get links that are prominently placed on quality websites, and what would it take?


      Originally Posted by jobdollarr View Post

      Some webmasters suggest you to create and link edu dofollow link.

      They have a significant impact.
      Wow, this piece of ancient folklore is still alive and kicking. Link is a link, and unless the .edu is something like a front page of a well-known institute it's not worth talking about. The .edu links some people sell are just snake oil.
      Signature
      Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
      Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

      What's your excuse?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9948923].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author basha15
        Nofollow links gives you the strength in the search engine. So i think it's effective
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9949483].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulgl
        Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

        They're part of a a balanced, nutritious, and wholesome link profile. .
        nofollow links are part of an unbalanced, junk food, and dirty link profile.

        I can't believe how you people talk out of both sides of your mouths, as well as
        your collective rear ends.

        This thread should have dead after the first answer of "no."

        Paul
        Signature

        If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9951012].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
          Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

          I can't believe how you people talk out of both sides of your mouths, as well as
          your collective rear ends.
          Very nice job in ignoring the context and practically misquoting me. That's YouTube comment thread caliber "discussion" right there. I guess congrats are in order.

          Nofollow happens, everyone has that kind of links. Is this concept somehow too complicated and mystifying to you? WTF.

          Originally Posted by jobdollarr View Post

          You say nofollow do not generate traffic.
          You quoted a bit where I said they can generate traffic. WTF.

          Seems that the collective level of reading comprehension is in the crapper.
          Signature
          Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
          Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

          What's your excuse?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9952103].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jobdollarr
            Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

            Very nice job in ignoring the context and practically misquoting me. That's YouTube comment thread caliber "discussion" right there. I guess congrats are in order.

            Nofollow happens, everyone has that kind of links. Is this concept somehow too complicated and mystifying to you? WTF.



            You quoted a bit where I said they can generate traffic. WTF.

            Seems that the collective level of reading comprehension is in the crapper.
            You accused me of selling snake oil.

            In fact I sell backlinks, do not sell snake

            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9952271].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
              Originally Posted by jobdollarr View Post

              You accused me of selling snake oil.

              In fact I sell backlinks, do not sell snake

              So you intentionally claimed I said the opposite of what I said, and on a point that was completely unrelated. Do you not realize how bad this makes you look? That kind of behaviour is just nasty. You're not willing to discuss the thing that bothers you, but still want to argue on something.

              I didn't accuse you of doing anything. You yourself confirmed in the post I'm replying to that you do in fact sell .edu links. In your previous comment it was "some webmasters" that were recommending this for no particular reason. However, I do realize that almost the only folk that peddle this crap are the ones trying to profit from schmucks who don't know better.

              If you're claiming that .edu or .gov links have link power other than the link juice those pages have you're using false claims to advertise your service. Plain and simple. Snake oil is very good analogy in this particular case. If you don't understand the history of this expression see Wikipedia.

              Of course you're free to argue your case, but so far it looks pretty bleak for you.
              Signature
              Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
              Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

              What's your excuse?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9954307].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author jobdollarr
                Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                So you intentionally claimed I said the opposite of what I said, and on a point that was completely unrelated. Do you not realize how bad this makes you look? That kind of behaviour is just nasty. You're not willing to discuss the thing that bothers you, but still want to argue on something.

                I didn't accuse you of doing anything. You yourself confirmed in the post I'm replying to that you do in fact sell .edu links. In your previous comment it was "some webmasters" that were recommending this for no particular reason. However, I do realize that almost the only folk that peddle this crap are the ones trying to profit from schmucks who don't know better.

                If you're claiming that .edu or .gov links have link power other than the link juice those pages have you're using false claims to advertise your service. Plain and simple. Snake oil is very good analogy in this particular case. If you don't understand the history of this expression see Wikipedia.

                Of course you're free to argue your case, but so far it looks pretty bleak for you.
                So what points we take?

                In my opinion, nofollow is still useful even slightly.
                [Although slightly]

                Because fanpage also nofollow but helps domain branding.

                However nofollow does not affect the ranking of your site
                Signature
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9954423].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
                  Originally Posted by jobdollarr View Post

                  Because fanpage also nofollow but helps domain branding.

                  However nofollow does not affect the ranking of your site
                  That's not really a point on nofollow. Of course you should try to advance your business. If you can find fairly inexpensive channel to get quality traffic of course you should use it. In many cases well-kept and active FB page can indeed also help the brand.

                  Nobody's said that nofollow is something you should avoid at all cost.

                  My comment first comment dealt with the common misconception that a profile link in an invisible comment in some obscure blog is going to drive traffic.
                  Signature
                  Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
                  Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

                  What's your excuse?
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9954536].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author jobdollarr
                    Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                    That's not really a point on nofollow. Of course you should try to advance your business. If you can find fairly inexpensive channel to get quality traffic of course you should use it. In many cases well-kept and active FB page can indeed also help the brand.

                    Nobody's said that nofollow is something you should avoid at all cost.

                    My comment first comment dealt with the common misconception that a profile link in an invisible comment in some obscure blog is going to drive traffic.

                    Some days I add twitter and fanpage.

                    Alexa from 7 million.
                    Up to 5 ..... bla bla bla.

                    I mix backlinks, but not too much.

                    Might have to keep the level low bounce rate, so that the ranking in raising?
                    Signature
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9955650].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
                      Originally Posted by jobdollarr View Post

                      Some days I add twitter and fanpage.

                      Alexa from 7 million.
                      Up to 5 ..... bla bla bla.
                      What do you think that Alexa shows? It's a completely useless vanity metric. Heck, if you've got the browser extension and extensively toiled around with your sites the change in results could be from your clicks for all we know.

                      Did something concrete and useful increase? SERP results, visits, backlinks...

                      Originally Posted by paulgl

                      I do.
                      I stand corrected.

                      The Twitter comment kind of went to the wrong guy. I would never say that Twitter works for SEO or for getting backlinks. I know this because I've been tweeting for ages and my profile page is PR5. Last time I checked Google's tweet indexation was just awful - couldn't even find tweets that I had posted year ago. As far as I know it hasn't changed a bit.

                      The only SEO effect from Twitter is indirect: someone sees your article and links to it from their site. I'm bad at getting links from Twitter, so I don't bother even trying.
                      Signature
                      Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
                      Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

                      What's your excuse?
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9957492].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author paulgl
                    Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post


                    Nobody's said that nofollow is something you should avoid at all cost.
                    I do.

                    Twitter is a completely different animal. It has nothing to do with getting
                    nofollow links just because twitter is nofollow.

                    That would be a ridiculous statement. Using twitter as an example of
                    why you should get nofollow links, is like saying to go out and eat
                    garbage because 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 flies can't be wrong.

                    Twitter has zip to do with your linking profile. Ditto FB.

                    Paul
                    Signature

                    If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9955864].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jobdollarr
        Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

        I do not believe that nofollow links help directly, but there's no need to shy away from them. They're part of a a balanced, nutritious, and wholesome link profile. Probably Google does something with them. However, there's a huge difference between "does something" and "OMG the ultimate SEO trick evar". Don't fool yourself.

        Indeed, nofollow links can drive traffic. Does your average link buried somewhere drive any traffic? Not really, and that's what you need to think about. If you get one visitor per blog comment was it really worth the effort? Is there a way for you to get links that are prominently placed on quality websites, and what would it take?




        Wow, this piece of ancient folklore is still alive and kicking. Link is a link, and unless the .edu is something like a front page of a well-known institute it's not worth talking about. The .edu links some people sell are just snake oil.

        You say nofollow do not generate traffic.

        I use a fanpage for it.
        Fanpage = nofollow

        Has 4000 fans.
        And I have the traffic?

        You please explain?
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9951894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimothyEyton
    I think this is sort of a controversial topic when it comes to SEO. Obviously diversity is going to be a factor. But personally I think no-follow links will help build authority to your house too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9938363].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by TimothyEyton View Post

      I think this is sort of a controversial topic when it comes to SEO. Obviously diversity is going to be a factor. But personally I think no-follow links will help build authority to your house too.
      It's not controversial nor is it for diversity. That's complete BS.

      Nofollow has zero effect on SEO. Period. End of story. Unless, of course, you
      want to talk about the bad effects.

      But nobody above cares about that. They are just peddling crap.

      Nofollow will not help anything.

      You people absolutely do not want to succeed. You want to either:

      A) Take money from fools who have no clue you have no clue.
      Or
      B) Be one of those fools.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9942731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnfsander
    Nofollow links don't effect on your SERP but these are helpful to get good traffic and to prove that you are doing white hat SEO because if you have 100 backlinks and all are do-follow and from high page rank definitely you are using paid methods.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9938610].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jobdollarr
    Link nofollow and dofollow aims to measure the level of spam websites.

    I think they should be balanced.
    You can use to experiment seo blogger.
    Why bloggers?
    It adlaah goolge product.
    So sensitive to every backlink bloggers in the wake.

    If the blogger backlinks safe, meaning it would be safe to berplatfrom wordpress blog host or jomla selft and other php
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9941803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BlackWoods
    Nofollow links do not pass ranking 'juice' to your site technically, but if a lot of people see it and bring traffic to your site, why not?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9942579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sameon
    This is a good discussion and I am learning a lot! I've been thinking lately what's the difference between the two and how can they help when it comes to ranking a website. After reading the comments above, it makes me think dofollow vs nofollow is like SEO and SMM. One brings traffic and the other one helps with the ranking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9942735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
    What was the No-Follow tag created for again?

    There you go, now time to change that diaper.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9942856].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jobdollarr
    As a post on fb group, nofollow backlinks simply add your traffic.

    It will not increase your rank
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9943050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bigeasy504
    Thanks for all the Input... I bought into a PBN and was promised do-follow links. Well after the work that I contracted out. I used SEO moz and seen that all the supposed "Do-follow" links were NO - Follow ... I confronted the guy I hired and he said that since the No-follow links were on high PR BLOGS. IT WOULD STILL HELP A lot. I have been doing this for awhile and I really think He screwed me.

    What say YOU ?????
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9943294].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by Bigeasy504 View Post

      Thanks for all the Input... I bought into a PBN and was promised do-follow links. Well after the work that I contracted out. I used SEO moz and seen that all the supposed "Do-follow" links were NO - Follow ... I confronted the guy I hired and he said that since the No-follow links were on high PR BLOGS. IT WOULD STILL HELP A lot. I have been doing this for awhile and I really think He screwed me.

      What say YOU ?????
      A fool and his money are soon parted.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9943366].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Bigeasy504 View Post

      Thanks for all the Input... I bought into a PBN and was promised do-follow links. Well after the work that I contracted out. I used SEO moz and seen that all the supposed "Do-follow" links were NO - Follow ... I confronted the guy I hired and he said that since the No-follow links were on high PR BLOGS. IT WOULD STILL HELP A lot. I have been doing this for awhile and I really think He screwed me.

      What say YOU ?????
      Understatement of the year.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9943412].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tim3
      Originally Posted by Bigeasy504 View Post

      Thanks for all the Input... I bought into a PBN and was promised do-follow links. Well after the work that I contracted out. I used SEO moz and seen that all the supposed "Do-follow" links were NO - Follow ... I confronted the guy I hired and he said that since the No-follow links were on high PR BLOGS. IT WOULD STILL HELP A lot. I have been doing this for awhile and I really think He screwed me.

      What say YOU ?????
      Give his reputation management team something to do...
      starting with Blackhat forum sh*tlists
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9943545].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reddy183
    Hi,

    In my opinion do follow links will show better impact on search engine results.

    Regards,
    Reddy Sekhar,
    SEO Analyst.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9944648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author halk
    Nofollow backlinks is good for your backlink profile look more natural..
    Signature
    Unlimited Bing Ads $50 Coupon Method Only $10

    Skype: luiz.domains
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9944686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOWizard417
    Man, who is selling nofollow PBN links? Some real good snake oil there lol.

    Get a refund or report him to whatever forums you found his service on.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9945173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jobdollarr
    In addition to using ahrefs.
    How do we check the links, dofollow or nofollow?


    I personally do not buy list PBN blog to my site.

    Does it help a lot to you?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9945337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rahulmishra
    Hi, Yes no follow links are also very important for any website, they are very effective for website popularity. I have read Google update, where i have read that no follow links also very impotent as like Do Follow links.

    At last i would like to say that both nofollow and dofollow links are important.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9945381].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jobdollarr
      Originally Posted by rahulmishra View Post

      Hi, Yes no follow links are also very important for any website, they are very effective for website popularity. I have read Google update, where i have read that no follow links also very impotent as like Do Follow links.

      At last i would like to say that both nofollow and dofollow links are important.

      How many backlinks that you build in one day for your website?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9945398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kamaldeepchandel
    Nofollow backlinks not giving any link juice to your website but its a part of latest link building technique. If you only build do-follow links then Google knows you are creating backlinks for your website. So, try to build both backlink method which is natural in Google's eye.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9945813].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jobdollarr
      Originally Posted by kamaldeepchandel View Post

      Nofollow backlinks not giving any link juice to your website but its a part of latest link building technique. If you only build do-follow links then Google knows you are creating backlinks for your website. So, try to build both backlink method which is natural in Google's eye.

      How many backlinks that you get up every day?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9945975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christina21maria
    I think Nofollow links have no impact on search rankings this is what Google tell us etc. But no follow links do make a link profile look more natural and there has been some observations that they can assist you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9945904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ollif
    Nofollow backlinks may affect indirectly - since they help you in building your site authority, that's the value in eyes of Google. And they bring you traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9946428].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dealpromocode
    in these day's not important are backlink. how build lot of dofollow and nofollow backlink they don't get any rank and how create good content and relevant article post on your website blog and some other article's site news site web 2.0 and some other article related websites they will get result good and fast.
    i have a prove my website is dealpromocodes.com now i don't create any backlink but my website some keyword are ranked on google i have lot of this type of prove. so i think you should create good on your website content not any backlink's.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9946469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seven4
    It is always best to stick with do-follow if possible as I believe no-follow doesn't actually benefit you however having a mixture of both can never do any harm.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9946598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ropemediahouse
    The nofollow tag is basically a notice sign for search engines saying don’t count this. Matt Cutts said: Nofollow Links Won’t Hurt You Unless You Are Spamming at a huge scale
    Signature
    www.ropemediahouse.com
    Affiliate Marketing Network
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9948217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reddy183
    Hi,

    Do follow links will not affect your SERPs. Do follow links will help in improving your SERPs.

    Regards,
    Reddy Sekhar.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9948958].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ReenaSMO
    Nofollow links only help you to get only visit but they are nothing to do with ranking.
    We add nofollow links when ever the content is having enough links but we need to add link to the particular keyword we use nofollow links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9950812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jerryshaw
    No follow links can drive traffic to the website further help to maintain natural backlink profile.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9952331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ClaudioBolt
    Hi, Dofollow are too waste as Google prefers only niche related links to count for SERP. No follow links may count as links in alexa tool, but nothing gives us in SERP. Building both links would be great as it become natural method of link building.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9955090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sharif alam
    Some website does not allow dofollow link, then nofollow link gives you traffic which may help SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9955120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EmilyMace
    There is a lot of debate around nofollow links and their impact on SEO. As SEOs I think that we shouldn't be so obsessed with only getting "followed" links. If a link is from a strong site and will pass traffic then I think you should go and get it. If you're really trying to build your brand online you shouldn't obsess over whether a specific link is relevant for SEO - you should be thinking about whether a link is good for your brand, because you can be sure this is what Google is trying to reward. In particular, I've seen Wikipedia drive significant amounts of traffic even for niche terms without huge search volume.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9957631].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
      Originally Posted by EmilyMace View Post

      I've seen Wikipedia drive significant amounts of traffic even for niche terms without huge search volume.
      That's certainly possible, but I've seen Wikipedia not drive any traffic because the real link is in the bottom of the page and not too many users are interested enough to click through.
      Signature
      Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
      Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

      What's your excuse?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9959424].message }}

Trending Topics