How Often Should you post 'Quality' Content?

28 replies
  • SEO
  • |
A long time ago, we used to re-write news articles and post one daily.
When we stopped doing it for a period of 5-7 days, we noticed a drop in visits.

We stopped all of that a long time ago when Panda came along.
We are currently posting quality blog/news items .. surveys etc. and are doing about 4 a month.

My question is, if we post more content, will google give us more brownie points/push us higher?
#content #post #quality
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by KulaShaker1 View Post

    My question is, if we post more content, will google give us more brownie points/push us higher?

    No, that doesn't rank pages.

    Matter of fact If you have a dynamic blog Home page your're trying to rank and new blog post roll off the bottom the page after each new post (example last 10 blog post on Home page) it can easily make your Home page bounce around the SERPs. In that case make the Home page static (content rarely changes).
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author accment
    Hi,
    Posting regular content on blog is really good for any website to get ranking. but its depend on quality of a content. like duplicate content, keyword proximity, internal links etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744577].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davismiller097
      Originally Posted by accment View Post

      Hi,
      Posting regular content on blog is really good for any website to get ranking. but its depend on quality of a content. like duplicate content, keyword proximity, internal links etc.
      I think it also depends on how often you have something to say right? A post, just for the sake of posting is just going to dilute the overall quality of your content and people will find it... well... boring. Just my view. As always, thanks for sharing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10806625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
    There is no limit in posting quality content. It really depends on the content, is it new? interesting? engaging? Quality content is useless if it doesn't reach the target audience.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744595].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlmaSanborn
    Google will not affect your website if you will post more content, but take care that the content you post should be very unique and fresh. On the other side the number of content you post all should be posted in different sites, where you can share post & blogs.
    So in this way you can share more contents and get more visitors without penalizing by Google.
    Signature

    W3Era - SEO Services Agency you Rely on

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744610].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nmaheshbalan
    try to write atleast 1000 words quality content ...may have chance of ranking ..and participate in related niche forums and discuss about the topic..there is the chance of conversion and ranking as well
    Signature

    Mahesh Balan is an online marketer and an entrepreneur doing online marketing for many years.
    http://www.techgadget.org

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744680].message }}
  • I'm testing this just now with several sites I will let you know how it pans out but I can tell you the platform articles are released daily on shows at least 30% more traffic across the board from my one post every two days and at least 50% more on my weekly releases (only been running little over two months now but the numbers seem to be holding fast other than influxes on social media which have spiked it from time to time).

    The social signals are huge though so make sure you syndicate your content well between social platforms.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744699].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KulaShaker1
      Originally Posted by Creatingworkonline View Post

      I'm testing this just now with several sites I will let you know how it pans out but I can tell you the platform articles are released daily on shows at least 30% more traffic across the board from my one post every two days and at least 50% more on my weekly releases (only been running little over two months now but the numbers seem to be holding fast other than influxes on social media which have spiked it from time to time).

      The social signals are huge though so make sure you syndicate your content well between social platforms.

      hi, thanks all for the replies..

      I am sure we noticed this many years ago when we were releasing daily content. I think we stopped as we were re-writing articles at about a 150-200 word rate and were worried about the Panda affect.

      Even so, people are chanting about 'quality' content. Google doesnt know what quality content is. It knows word count, social signals, bounce rate, linking structure, and other factors, but quality is an opinion,

      I just think as you have mentioned (but still wandered) that if google sees two similar sites, one producing daily content for people to read, its going to push that site further in the index on average.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744794].message }}
      • Originally Posted by KulaShaker1 View Post

        hi, thanks all for the replies..

        I am sure we noticed this many years ago when we were releasing daily content. I think we stopped as we were re-writing articles at about a 150-200 word rate and were worried about the Panda affect.

        Even so, people are chanting about 'quality' content. Google doesnt know what quality content is. It knows word count, social signals, bounce rate, linking structure, and other factors, but quality is an opinion,

        I just think as you have mentioned (but still wandered) that if google sees two similar sites, one producing daily content for people to read, its going to push that site further in the index on average.
        To be honest their are many factors, I only used written content I know works well and is right on point in terms of relevancy and benefit to the visitors of my sites, I built up a huge amount of content before this testing run which ends at the start of 2017 then I plan to sit back review everything to death and start again, im lucky and work with some highly motivated people.

        Don't forget Google might only see the words but time on site, bounce rate, engagement and interaction with media and content on page is all measurable this is how Google rates pages, never skimp on quality and if your analytics are off in terms of high bounce rate when you first launch a page, remember just go the hell back and change it.

        Perfection is a myth, I much prefer progress these days wether by and inch or a mile and I am happy to put content out and then tweak based on analytics information, I think this is core to working your way towards a good page

        Don't be afraid to put stuff out there then change later after feedback or anlyticsalso really some great advice is always watch your comments then can be conduits for creation in and of themselves for ideas

        Hope this helps
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author st0nec0ld
    What type of content specifically? I mean is this for a specific niche or all topics in general?
    If it is niche specific then I think it will no be that hard to rank given that you say you only post quality content. However on the other side, quality is a subjective word.
    Signature

    12BET | Live Casino Malaysia

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEO Pearl
    If you have writing the quality contents which are engaged to your visitors then it will be good for your blog. But if you wish to get the earlier result only through the content visits then you have to wait for some time to gain the good result also you have to posts the quality contents on regular basis and share your contents over the social signals.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744799].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adamjones36
    If your content is new and unique you can post it on regular basis. But many site ban user who keep spamming content. Content with irrelevant topic, duplicated or keyword stuffed are highly risky.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adamjones36
    It's good if you keep updating you customer daily. Excess of content would be loss of customer. Imaging you as a customer and getting updated daily 4-5.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10806601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Baldwin
    I have a niche content website. It's getting about 800 unique views per day. It consists of about 40 pages, each page covers a specific brand in relation to the niche topic. I would say about 40% of my traffic is coming from people landing on 1 specific page. That page is only focuses on one of the brands.

    For example, let's say it is a website about Cars. Then one page is all about VW, another about Mercedes, another about Toyota another about Nissan. So I have 40 such pages but the one about Toyota is generating most of the inbound (organic traffic).

    How do I generate more traffic with the above in mind?

    Do I write more about Toyota on the existing page?
    Do I write more about Toyota on a new page?
    Do write more about other brands?
    Or something completely different?
    By the way, I am not worried about which page visitors arrive on. It can be for any brand.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10807892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Acornia
    It's impressive to read how everyone thinks they know how Google's internal ranking system works, when Google employees generate $1m revenue each per year for the company and are some of the smartest on the planet. More content (or products) usually always better but the ranking articles are 2,000 words and written professionally, it should take up to 1day to write that and 1day to generate some backlinks to it.

    You can put more 500 word articles but ultimately is all much of the same, it needs to fit with your site, more isn't always better, and not creating unique content you genrally won't get very far. Take an article on the NYTimes, they're 2,000 words long, more and longer is the best for that type of site but it needs to be consistent. You think Google don't know if you're posts are inconsistent, right, everyones smarter than Google.

    Google is an algorithm, it's not a person, they use triggers to determine ranking which change based on the context they can determine is relevant for the the subject. Is more better, the simple answer is yes, the more complex answer is maybe. No offense but 4 per month is, well, pathetic. If you don't have confidence to make your site the best in its class why should Googles algorithms bother to get excited!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10808086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prakashmalhotra
    Posting contents, blogs or articles on a frequent basis could help you to rank your website easily. It will take quite a few days to generate your traffic again if you post blogs or articles twice weekly. Make your content in a positive manner and try to induce an urge in the readers of it. Make it interesting as well. It will help you to attract huge visitors towards it instantly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10808098].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author haiderkamal123
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10808565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author securefact
    i publish posts and articles 2,3 times per week...and i have no big problems with competitors much bigger and stronger to follow them 1-3 position after them on 1page... i know that original articles or posts on regular basis work 4 me very well..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10808955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
    yes but what about writing 5000 word articles, would'nt that fix all our problems?

    i suggest everyone writes 10-20 of these bad boys daily. lol.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10809153].message }}
    • Originally Posted by George Schwab View Post

      yes but what about writing 5000 word articles, would'nt that fix all our problems?

      i suggest everyone writes 10-20 of these bad boys daily. lol.
      Any idea how much time that takes formatting and adding images, that's where I gave up
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10809161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
    yeah i know, personally i'm not into content marketing at all. What a waste of time.

    for me: its better to make it snappy, come to the point, or shut up. Nobody needs another
    filler "content" - the internet is full of it, and nobody has time to read it. ....but....but...goggle

    neither is google stupid, or bored enough to rank filler content. you want to trick them,
    you have to be smarter than them. and thats not easy, because they hire the best.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10809177].message }}
  • Originally Posted by KulaShaker1 View Post

    A long time ago, we used to re-write news articles and post one daily.
    When we stopped doing it for a period of 5-7 days, we noticed a drop in visits.

    We stopped all of that a long time ago when Panda came along.
    We are currently posting quality blog/news items .. surveys etc. and are doing about 4 a month.

    My question is, if we post more content, will google give us more brownie points/push us higher?
    There is not a specific "number" of times that you should be posting content. Although, the more engaging your content is, the more likely others will link back to you and stay on your site (reducing the bounce rate). Focus on coming up with interesting content that will draw in visitors and keep their attention.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10809942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author enjamulahsan
    Banned
    I own a niche site and I have 20+ posts on the site blog and the main page in fill with products. I usually write a 500 words article in 2 or 3 weeks. I'm bit lazy to write...Haha~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10810197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sprucevn
    Posting quality content regularly is necessary to get more traffic, it is better to post everyday if possible, but in case you cannot crate many quality contents, you can post twice or three times a week.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10810432].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Do you know why it doesn't fix all problems? Because you need 5012 words minimum! Ask Neil Patel!

      Originally Posted by George Schwab View Post

      yes but what about writing 5000 word articles, would'nt that fix all our problems?

      i suggest everyone writes 10-20 of these bad boys daily. lol.
      No, it is not.
      Originally Posted by sprucevn View Post

      Posting quality content regularly is necessary to get more traffic, it is better to post everyday if possible, but in case you cannot crate many quality contents, you can post twice or three times a week.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10811857].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        Do you know why it doesn't fix all problems? Because you need 5012 words minimum! Ask Neil Patel!

        Obviously Neil is the man. and i'm 12 words short

        no chance i will ever make it in seo

        but i take it as a challenge to kick a few top500 out the G first page
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10811936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author james flynn
    I would say it should be regular and consistent without any breaks.If your clients demand trust from your side then it only flourishes when it's accompanied with good conversation. Therefore you should post quality content regularly.

    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10812036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hrishivardhan
    I would say there is no limit for posting quality content. if your content is unique fresh and engaging then you can post as much as possible. as scoophoop is publishing around 35 to 40 post per day. but till they are doing amazing. So if you are believe that your content is fresh and engaging people than just go for it and post as much as possible.
    Signature
    Orderhive is a multichannel
    Inventory Management Software
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10813916].message }}
  • Updating your website with new content will help you rank. But it is also important to check your onsite SEO. A well-optimized website helps in ranking on SERPs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10813926].message }}

Trending Topics