Register Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Showing results 1 to 50 of 50
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Louise M
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 6th February 2013, 04:29 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 822
Posted By Louise M
Re: Help: How-to for fiction writers Niche?

Hi Alex,
I think you can make a business out of anything! If this is your passion, then go for it. You have the right approach of starting with a narrower focus then expanding from there. So why...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 6th February 2013, 01:26 PM
Replies: 76
Views: 29,046
Posted By Louise M
Re: Wix or Wordpress - Honestly?

If you're wondering what to do, go to popular sites and see who they use. IMO, WP has less limitations, is more adaptable to modifications. Many use popular business themes like Thesis and have...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 6th February 2013, 01:19 PM
Replies: 119
Views: 3,946
Posted By Louise M
Re: Internet marketing at 40!

What's age got to do with it? You are limited by your beliefs. And if your beliefs are limiting you, then change them!
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 5th August 2012, 10:36 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 530
Posted By Louise M
Re: how to angle the content and optimize the keywords to sell bargins for people?

I don't know then how helpful my advice will be as I don't market that way. It's almost like operating as an Amazon product Outlet. So, you could advertise it as such but be careful using the word...
Forum: Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings 2nd August 2012, 04:47 PM
Replies: 78
Views: 8,071
Posted By Louise M
Re: Aweber or MailChimp?

It depends on how you market to your list via email. If you're going to email every day or more and have aff links, then apparently Mail Chimp is not for you. They don't like spammy because it...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 2nd August 2012, 04:23 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 530
Posted By Louise M
Re: help a beginner on her attempt!

I'm with Newbie1234. I think it's a great idea. Everyone likes a bargain! But who are you targeting? Find that out first so that you can angle your content and keywords to what they use and relate...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 8th March 2012, 12:57 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 680
Posted By Louise M
Re: Dilemma of a noob

Hi 369FANCLUB
Welcome to WF and IM.
You've got a lot going on for you!
My advice in picking what content to provide is to go to forums and find out what people want. What are their questions?...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 28th September 2011, 06:21 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 521
Posted By Louise M
Re: Still using SEO keywords on your blog/site?

bhuff85,
Thanks for the feedback. It was definitely a glitch in my theme, but has since been upgraded and corrected.

Louise
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 28th September 2011, 06:19 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 521
Posted By Louise M
Re: Still using SEO keywords on your blog/site?

Aygabtu,

Glad you found this thread helpful!


Louise
Forum: Plug-In Profit Site Support Forum 19th September 2011, 01:03 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 10,794
Posted By Louise M
Re: Which is better? OnlyWire or SocialMarker?

I also have issues with Onlywire. StumbleUpon & Delicious and a few others I've had issues with reliable submissions. I always have to go back and check the history and maybe resubmit, because it's...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 18th September 2011, 02:40 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 1,129
Posted By Louise M
Re: Article Marketing...Threading the Needle

Art72,
Don't put the cart before the horse!

Just START....Lay out a loose plan and start doing some. I read a great article on Copyblogger (a top 100 blog) today titled, "Would You Trade Your...
Forum: Website Design 8th September 2011, 11:43 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 612
Posted By Louise M
Re: SEO problems in WP...Help?!

Everything now works.

The theme (Clear Line) has been updated and now I can use my SEO All in One plugin without any problems.
Forum: Website Design 30th August 2011, 02:30 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 612
Posted By Louise M
Re: SEO problems in WP...Help?!

Sorry Istvan, that explanation is way over my head:o...and when it comes to the technical details, my head starts to hurt!

So, I see I'm explaining it wrong. This is the end result I'm looking...
Forum: Website Design 30th August 2011, 11:16 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 612
Posted By Louise M
Re: SEO problems in WP...Help?!

Istvan,
I can add the regular WP tags when I edit or write a new post. However, the All In One SEO plugin is supposed to boost the SEO benefits. You get extra fields that display in the post editor...
Forum: Website Design 30th August 2011, 11:04 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 612
Posted By Louise M
Re: SEO problems in WP...Help?!

DesignSail,
The plugin may partially work, but the title tag I give my site and posts using the plugin does not display in the browser bar. If I Google a post's url, the result shows my meta...
Forum: Website Design 30th August 2011, 08:14 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 612
Posted By Louise M
Re: SEO problems in WP...Help?!

Hi Karen,
Yes the options for AIO plugin are set correctly. It's actually the theme that's buggy. I tried the 20-10 theme and everything was great. Go back to my theme and title is gone again.
...
Forum: Copywriting 29th August 2011, 08:14 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 831
Posted By Louise M
Re: Do crazy headlines really work?

travlinguy,



I find the internet and internet marketing in particular is a very exaggerated reflection of the "real world". And it offers tons of life lessons.

Thanks for the feedback,...
Forum: Copywriting 29th August 2011, 08:09 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 831
Posted By Louise M
Re: Do crazy headlines really work?

Sal,



Yes. That's one reason I would like to stay away from the above Headline formula. Even if I was making a true statement, I think I would get thrown out with the rest of dirt bath water.
...
Forum: Copywriting 29th August 2011, 07:59 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 831
Posted By Louise M
Re: Do crazy headlines really work?

Thanks Pete,

That is indeed very helpful, not just for me but anyone who's reading this.



I would agree with this. Those crazy headlines would maybe grab those just beginning, but I think...
Forum: Copywriting 29th August 2011, 07:52 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 831
Posted By Louise M
Re: Do crazy headlines really work?

Daniel,


Thanks, that's very true about many things in Internet Marketing, such as site layout (user experience/monetization), quality posts (content/keyword), etc.

I find similar above...
Forum: Copywriting 29th August 2011, 07:48 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 831
Posted By Louise M
Re: Do crazy headlines really work?

Thanks Alex,

Just like writing content for your market, copywriting has to be prospect/market centric. I guess the question is - do outrageous titles like the ones above, which may play into the...
Forum: Copywriting 27th August 2011, 09:12 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 831
Posted By Louise M
Do crazy headlines really work?

I'm no copywriter. I'm still learning lots about internet marketing and copywriting is at this point something I'm starting to dip into.

And I cringe a little thinking about it, because I keep...
Forum: Copywriting 27th August 2011, 08:57 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 887
Posted By Louise M
Re: How should an Internet Marketer answer this wonderful question ??

@RS3RS,
I love saying I work from home. People always seem to find that so dreamy.

@ wcmylife,
I freelance write as well as do internet marketing. So, when I'm asked what do I do at home and I...
Forum: Website Design 23rd August 2011, 08:57 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 612
Posted By Louise M
Re: SEO problems in WP...Help?!

Thanks hawaiiwebdesigner,

I think you may have hit it right on the nail. But, I'd prefer not to use the theme's SEO since it doesn't let you enter tags for individual posts.

And changing the...
Forum: Website Design 23rd August 2011, 01:21 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 612
Posted By Louise M
SEO problems in WP...Help?!

Hi all,
Hopefully I have this thread in the right place.

I've recently had problems with my new theme and my All In One SEO plugin. They won't behave and work together!

My theme is Clear Line...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 23rd August 2011, 01:10 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 521
Posted By Louise M
Still using SEO keywords on your blog/site?

Hi fellow experienced members,

I've recently had problems with my new theme and my All In One SEO plugin. They won't behave and work together!

My theme is Clear Line and it has a built in SEO...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 19th August 2011, 10:51 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 447
Posted By Louise M
Re: need some help!!!

I just checked it in IE. Most of the page is there. How weird. Could be your theme or could be some plugin is causing the glitch.

Assuming this is a WP site, you could start deactivating your...
Forum: Website Design 5th August 2011, 02:07 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 570
Posted By Louise M
Re: Looking for designer help with WP site

Thanks for the interest.

Right now I do have someone on it.
Forum: Website Design 5th August 2011, 07:28 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 570
Posted By Louise M
Re: Looking for designer help with WP site

SDStudio,
Checked out your site, it looks amazing. But your prices are way beyond the budget I've allocated for this.

Thanks for the interest,
Louise
Forum: Website Design 4th August 2011, 07:07 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 570
Posted By Louise M
Re: Looking for designer help with WP site

Hey Sue...I'll let you know if I find someone good!

See you at IBCX!
Forum: Website Design 4th August 2011, 07:05 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 570
Posted By Louise M
Re: Looking for designer help with WP site

Thanks Nutan for your response, I have someone looking it over. If it doesn't pan out, I'll contact you.

Louise
Forum: Website Design 4th August 2011, 07:23 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 570
Posted By Louise M
Looking for designer help with WP site

Hi there,

I'm looking for some WP designer help. My site's layout no longer suits my needs, so I'm changing themes. I've found a few, but don't have the time to transition and customize. Looking...
Forum: Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings 22nd July 2011, 01:51 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 3,144
Posted By Louise M
Re: Best WP Backup Plugins?

Hey Jason,
I don't understand your objection to backup plugins...if your WP blog crashes or misbehaves and you have your files and database backed-up somewhere else, what's stopping you from...
Forum: Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings 11th July 2011, 10:29 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 3,144
Posted By Louise M
Re: Best WP Backup Plugins?

I've also researched and written on this topic. Although I haven't explored the WP Twin, but there are some other easy & very low cost solutions:

Free EZPZ One Click Back Up WP plugin will back up...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 20th April 2011, 12:43 PM
Replies: 46
Views: 972
Posted By Louise M
Re: Do the images on my website look okay to you? (Please help)

The images are great. It's good also that you mention they are low resolution and why at the top of the page.

As for the text on the home page, I wouldn't center it or add an indent at the...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 29th May 2010, 08:00 PM
Replies: 32
Views: 1,942
Posted By Louise M
Re: Is sales management software like DLguard necessary?

Thanks Sam
With everyone's positive feedback and your help, I'm thinking DLG is a wise investment.

Since it's for my own prods, I'll wait till I'm at that stage. Right now, I'm focusing on...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 26th May 2010, 08:04 AM
Replies: 32
Views: 1,942
Posted By Louise M
Re: Is sales management software like DLguard necessary?

Hi Sam
Thanks for responding. Are you the creator of DLGuard?

I just visited your site again. I'm very attracted to the sales automation part of all this.
Have a few questions, though. I'm not...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 25th May 2010, 09:20 PM
Replies: 32
Views: 1,942
Posted By Louise M
Is sales management software like DLguard necessary?

Hey wise warriors,

Is a sales mgmt software like DLguard, which is also a download protector necessary to run a blog that sells info products? I thought an autoresponder took care of the mgmt...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 17th May 2010, 08:46 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 927
Posted By Louise M
Re: newbie needs advice on finding niche

Thanks for the TV tip. Never thought of that.
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 17th May 2010, 04:53 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 927
Posted By Louise M
Re: newbie needs advice on finding niche

Thanks Travis for the detailed feedback...there's a lot of info out there as to IM, but they all seem to gloss over finding the right niche, which seems like a pretty important step.
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 17th May 2010, 04:43 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 927
Posted By Louise M
Re: newbie needs advice on finding niche

Thanks Andrew,
I'll have to check out your sites and see how you tie it all together.
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 17th May 2010, 04:40 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 3,923
Posted By Louise M
Re: Weebly is pretty awesome!

Not to burst your bubble, but another downside...
Because I'm still learning WP, I looked into Weebly and started signing up to create a test site when I came across security certificate issues...it...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 17th May 2010, 03:18 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 927
Posted By Louise M
newbie needs advice on finding niche

Dear experiences IMs, please let me pick your brains...

Looking for your advice regarding finding a profitable niche:
What niches do you think are moneymakers? And/or a tip on how to determine a...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 12th April 2010, 04:42 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 631
Posted By Louise M
Re: Clickbank Courtesy Questions

Aidan
As a newbie marketer, I get bombarded with emails from different marketers constantly when I opt-in for a report.

As someones else mentioned, being in marketing, I understand what's...
Forum: Mind Warriors 12th April 2010, 04:10 PM
Replies: 3,690
Views: 148,405
Posted By Louise M
Re: Inspirational Quotes ... Post Yours!

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities! Bruce Lee
Forum: Mind Warriors 12th April 2010, 03:58 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 1,506
Posted By Louise M
Re: 3 Simple steps for Newbies who arent making any money!!

Hey Evan,
You've put into words exactly what I've been doing lately. Narrowing things down:
-who I am subscribed to,
-the number of projects I'm working on
So that I can work on my own product.
...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 5th April 2010, 01:03 PM
Replies: 51
Views: 3,802
Posted By Louise M
Re: BILLION Dollar Niche List! Get Your Niches Here...

Awesome AmityWill!

This is great for a new IM like me looking for niches to dive into too.

Thanks so much for sharing.
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 2nd April 2010, 09:06 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 2,248
Posted By Louise M
Re: Can one be successful without a mentor?

As a newbie IM, this is so wonderful to hear! Because I have mostly been going it on my own.

Intuitively, I feel that following a mentor is giving my power away to another and like someone else...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 1st April 2010, 01:59 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 981
Posted By Louise M
Re: Struggling Newbies: Talk About Why You Are Failing and What You Need to Succeed

Thanks guys. Such great info.And I agree with so much of what you are saying...

And cdmiller, I am as newbie as they come!!! I do feel frustration.

What's keeping me going is positive thinking...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 31st March 2010, 02:55 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 981
Posted By Louise M
Re: Struggling Newbies: Talk About Why You Are Failing and What You Need to Succeed

Great question!
There is a great video on this very subject. Frank Kern approaches Tony Robbins and asks why so many people fail with his programs. Have you seen it?
Robbins gives a great answer...
Showing results 1 to 50 of 50

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:34 AM.