Register Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Showing results 1 to 55 of 55
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: KentChow
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 5th October 2013, 10:41 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 407
Posted By KentChow
Re: Transfer PR from one site to anther site

How about creating backlinks from old site PR1 pages to the new one? Is it worthy?

Thanks!
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 5th October 2013, 05:35 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 407
Posted By KentChow
Transfer PR from one site to anther site

One of my sites had high traffic (couple hundreds daily) in 2011. It got hit by penguin update in 2012. Now it barely has 10 a day these days. (I used blog network and keyword anchor links)

I...
Forum: Social Media 25th November 2012, 11:19 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 861
Posted By KentChow
Re: Squidoo: Still ranking?

Yes, they are. Search on Google and they could rank pretty well and high PR. The key is to get Squidoo likes and other social likes if you could.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 10th March 2012, 04:24 PM
Replies: 1,158
Views: 97,074
Posted By KentChow
Re: How I went from $0 - $2000 in 3 months

UK Carl,

Thank you so much for dropping by and inspiring us.

Very true indeed. All we need is a simple system and focus on execution persistently. Meanwhile, learn from "failure" and...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 22nd December 2011, 11:35 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 614
Posted By KentChow
Re: Keyword Research Question

Searching with quote would tell you how many pages are intended to target that "keyword".. for example:

> About 1,210,000 results

Without quote, most of end users would search in that way. You...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 8th December 2011, 04:05 PM
Replies: 110
Views: 3,454
Posted By KentChow
Re: I'm an SEO expert. Ask me anything.

Do you do Local and Mobile SEO? Any tips and tricks to share here? Thanks!
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 8th December 2011, 02:08 PM
Replies: 55
Views: 2,914
Posted By KentChow
Re: Best Keyword Research Tool

I am a happy customer of Long Tail Pro if you haven't heard about it.

It's a one-time cost and it's $77 on WSO if it's still available. Definitely Markt Samurai gives you more details of...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 8th December 2011, 01:57 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,102
Posted By KentChow
Re: Amazon Affiliate Best Tips

I guess if your Amazon sites are using those auto generated content Amazon plugin, probably Google doesn't like it after panda update. :)

All the product description is just coming from Amazon...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 2nd December 2011, 02:06 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 747
Posted By KentChow
Re: 6 different sites or one authority.. any risk?

I'd go for an authority site as you could focus the backlinking to one site and multiple pages. Your traffic may come instead of thinner it with multiple one. Just my preference. Thanks!
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 11th November 2011, 04:23 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 655
Posted By KentChow
Re: what are you guys using for keyword software on mac?

What is your objective and do with keyword software?

I am a LongTail Pro lover and got my copy last night. You shall check out the discount deal at WSO recently.

It works on Mac greatly!
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 11th November 2011, 04:21 PM
Replies: 55
Views: 2,914
Posted By KentChow
Best Keyword Research Tool

Hi all,

I am curious what the best keyword research tool is out there.

I use Market Samurai, Niche Finder, and recently got LongTail Pro and love it.

Just curious if Micro Niche Finder or...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 20th October 2011, 07:46 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 492
Posted By KentChow
Public Domain Content - right or wrong

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a right forum to ask this question.

I was reading and maybe misunderstand that all public domain .gov content could be copied and re-use legally. Am I right?
...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 10th October 2011, 05:31 PM
Replies: 105
Views: 5,940
Posted By KentChow
Re: First $100 day with affiliate sales! Here is how you do it.

Congrats. One of the best IM tips I have read recently.

My summary is:
Be persistent, work hard, and take actions in the right direction. Right on!~
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 10th October 2011, 01:12 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,102
Posted By KentChow
Hi all, Does anyone do Amazon Affiliate...

Hi all,

Does anyone do Amazon Affiliate here? What is your best trick or tip to share if you don't mind?

Hi all,

I'd like to know if there is any Amazon Affiliate Successful Stores if you...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 3rd October 2011, 04:00 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 922
Posted By KentChow
Amazon Affiliate is back to California

Finally, I got an email from Amazon today:

"We are pleased to invite all California Associates whose accounts were closed due to the prior legislation to re-enroll in the Associates Program.

If...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 3rd October 2011, 03:56 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 2,580
Posted By KentChow
Re: Will Amazon allow California Affiliates soon?

Finally, I got an email from Amazon today:

"We are pleased to invite all California Associates whose accounts were closed due to the prior legislation to re-enroll in the Associates Program.

If...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 2nd October 2011, 11:43 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 2,580
Posted By KentChow
Re: Will Amazon allow California Affiliates soon?

Thanks for all the info. I look forward to its re-activation soon.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 26th August 2011, 01:29 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 622
Posted By KentChow
Re: Keyword density count

I learned this from Easy WP SEO sales page:

keyword density = (# of keyphrases / (total # of words / # of words in keyphrase))

Using this multi-word keyphrase formula, you’ll find that if the...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 26th August 2011, 12:53 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 505
Posted By KentChow
Re: Would you target a keyword if.....

I assume your competition is all Authority sites. I'd try it out and build your site as an authority one as you could grab the EMD. Do very well in on-page SEO factor.

Don't think 5 page mini-site...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 26th August 2011, 12:50 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 622
Posted By KentChow
Keyword density count

Let's say I have 500 word article. The keyword is 5 words long.

In order to get 2% keyword density, should I use the keyword 10 times? Should the usage be lower as the keyword is not an one word...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 23rd August 2011, 08:58 PM
Replies: 58
Views: 3,786
Posted By KentChow
Re: 20-30 visitors a day to my blog, making ~$2/day with adsense - good or bad?

I think it's great with $2 a day. I would create more posts targeting different long tail keywords and grow your site as an Authority Site in your niche. You could grow it as $20 a day site.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 22nd August 2011, 10:23 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 551
Posted By KentChow
Re: Niche blogs and adsense?

Yes, I think it depends on the niche. Traffic is the key. Get decent traffic first like 50 or 100 ads impression per day. Then try to grow the search ranking. Adsense income would come in naturally.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 14th August 2011, 09:03 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 490
Posted By KentChow
Re: text ads or text and images?

I do better with text ads. Try to enable both and track which one is better for your niche in a month.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 14th August 2011, 09:02 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 1,350
Posted By KentChow
Re: How to deal with Google Dance?

I agree that this is good too. When we are in Google Dance, do more backlinking. Anyway, it's off the SERP. Why don't you add more backlinks and hope it comes out with higher ranking? My 2 cents!
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 12th August 2011, 03:30 AM
Replies: 44
Views: 1,350
Posted By KentChow
Re: How to deal with Google Dance?

Quick update: One of the sites came out as higher ranking after 2 weeks. What did I do?

1. Changed the WP theme to a new one
2. Wrote 2 fresh unique content
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 7th August 2011, 05:49 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 1,122
Posted By KentChow
Re: The Panda update and Autoblogging

I'd suggest to add new fresh content along with autoblogging. I tried Autoblogging and the content wasn't so great and optimized as SEO. I barely got Search Engine Traffic to those pages. Those...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 7th August 2011, 05:46 PM
Replies: 42
Views: 966
Posted By KentChow
Re: How do I get better ranking?

I'd suggest optimize your content (On-page SEO) for the specific keyword. Keep the keyword density as 2-3 %. Since it's a retail page, I'd suggest that you hire someone writing PR and submit to PR...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 7th August 2011, 05:36 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 579
Posted By KentChow
Re: For those who use micro niche finder...

If you have nice on-page SEO content and enough backlinks to beat top 10, sure you could. It would take time to rank slowly. Don't get into Google Dance/Sandbox if you are too aggressively building...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 7th August 2011, 05:32 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 902
Posted By KentChow
Re: Adsense ad placement?

I know this theme could be pretty successful.

I'd suggest that you put Big rectangle block on the left right below your title.

Install Whydowork Adsense plugin and you could adjust the location...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 7th August 2011, 05:28 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 682
Posted By KentChow
Re: is this Google "Dancing" ???

Yes, this is Google Dance. Just keep adding fresh content and building backlinks. When the domain is aged, the ranking would become more stable.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 7th August 2011, 05:27 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 408
Posted By KentChow
Adsense Training or Ebooks

Do you know of any great Adsense Training or Ebooks I should consider? You may be even the product owner. Any sales pitch here?

I have heard about 100K Adsense Blueprint. Do you have one? Any...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 7th August 2011, 05:25 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,003
Posted By KentChow
Re: Question: How to make $5 a day

How long? It depends if you pick a right keyword, low competition and build a mini-site around it. It's possible to make $5 a day in 2 months.

Please search Xfactor Forum thread. It was very...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 5th August 2011, 03:13 AM
Replies: 60
Views: 1,732
Posted By KentChow
Re: SEO is difficult or easy?

SEO is not that hard if you constantly learn and exercise. There are many good WSOs that you could buy and "go and practice". Reading and buying training won't get you there. You learn much more when...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 5th August 2011, 03:07 AM
Replies: 44
Views: 1,350
Posted By KentChow
Re: How to deal with Google Dance?

Thanks for all the great feedback. Very helpful and motivating!
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 28th July 2011, 08:41 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 1,272
Posted By KentChow
Re: For a adsense site targeting high paying clicks whats the minimum searches per month you`d go to

In general, I take 1000 as the minimum. I think the key is how competitive it is to rank at top 10.

"0.05 * exact monthly searches * 0.3 * cpc * 0.4" is a nice one that I love to keep it in my...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 28th July 2011, 08:26 PM
Replies: 45
Views: 6,947
Posted By KentChow
Re: Easy WP SEO vs Clickbump! SEO

I have heard about SEOPressor. I don't have these two and love to test out both of them.

Thanks for all the feedback.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 28th July 2011, 08:02 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 1,350
Posted By KentChow
Re: How to deal with Google Dance?

One trick I have learned, is to use .edu backlinks to pass the authority juice to my site. I am trying to do so and see if it helps.

Will update you guys when my sites are back to SERP. Meanwhile,...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 28th July 2011, 05:47 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 1,350
Posted By KentChow
Re: How to deal with Google Dance?

What it sucks is that my site has various long tail keyword traffic. All the sudden, many of them are out of 100 SERP. :)

I will try to create new content targeting new long tail keywords and see...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 28th July 2011, 04:22 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 1,350
Posted By KentChow
Re: How to deal with Google Dance?

I am curious, did anyone add in more fresh content or create backlinks - it would help getting out of Google Dance?

Any tips and tricks to share here?
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 28th July 2011, 04:18 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 1,350
Posted By KentChow
Re: How to deal with Google Dance?

Very good feedback, I think I will take it slow and write more fresh content for now. By the time, the ranking is back, I am at better position. Hope to get more Long Tail keyword traffic as well.
...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 28th July 2011, 03:45 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 1,350
Posted By KentChow
How to deal with Google Dance?

Hi all,

The keyword of one of my mini-sites was ranked on the first page. All the sudden, the ranking dropped out of 100. I believe this is called Google Dance. Luckily, my site is not de-indexed...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 28th July 2011, 04:25 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 514
Posted By KentChow
Re: Adsense Niche

Thanks for all the great feedback. I probably will expand my empire and build some product typed, information (like various services), and local offline niche. I learned that probably I need to build...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 26th July 2011, 08:39 PM
Replies: 203
Views: 29,457
Posted By KentChow
Re: Xfactor Adsense Myths - The Updated Scoop

Xfactor thread and info is always interesting and informative. I think it's about executing consistently and finding the winners. You may have heard about 80/20 rule. Probably I need to build 10...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 26th July 2011, 08:19 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,014
Posted By KentChow
Re: How can CPC in Adwords tool be high when competition value is low?

As a marketer, I don't care about the competition value in keyword tool. I care more about Top 10 site SEO competition.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 26th July 2011, 08:15 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 662
Posted By KentChow
Re: Adsense

Trent, that is encouraging. Would I know if yours is product related or informational niche?

I wanna expand my profile and build more. Any niche / keyword suggestion is more than welcomed.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 26th July 2011, 08:13 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 514
Posted By KentChow
Adsense Niche

I read the Xfactor forum thread and he was targeting to product niche mini-sites.

Also I learn that information service related niche could be more profitable as CPC is higher such as Insurance,...
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 26th July 2011, 08:10 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 8,341
Posted By KentChow
Re: Alternatives to Google wonder wheel !?

Yeap, Related Searches is the same. Wonder wheel was just different user interface.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 26th July 2011, 08:09 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 709
Posted By KentChow
Re: I love Panda!

I think if your site has unique content and great user experience, nice to see Google update and rank those low quality and spammy one.
Forum: Copywriting 7th June 2011, 03:05 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 685
Posted By KentChow
Re: Any suggestions about writing great content for mini-sites?

Thanks for all great feedback. I'd it's about writing great content providing values to the visitors. It would keep the "bounce rate" lower.
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 7th June 2011, 08:42 AM
Replies: 204
Views: 25,632
Posted By KentChow
Re: Hostgator vs Bluehost

I buy register my domain names with NameCheap as they have privacy protection free in the first year. It's so easy to point to DNS of Hostgator.

Yeap, I am using Hostgator and can't compare with...
Forum: Mind Warriors 7th June 2011, 08:36 AM
Replies: 275
Views: 66,767
Posted By KentChow
Re: The Secret in Think and Grow Rich?

I read the first few chapters. I think the desire and will is the key. If you have strong desire, that's the first step to get rich.

Sometimes I loss that strong desire, and I procrastinate and...
Forum: Copywriting 7th June 2011, 08:33 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 685
Posted By KentChow
Any suggestions about writing great content for mini-sites?

Hi all,

I'm focusing on building mini-sites. Do you have any suggestions about how to write great content?

Any tips and tricks are more than welcomed. Thanks!

KC
Forum: Search Engine Optimization 7th June 2011, 08:25 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 558
Posted By KentChow
Re: Site got indexed within 24 hours - Page 2 Ranking - Now what?

Local SEO is must easy to rank. I'd suggest you to write more unique article, on-page seo (google search how-to), build backlinks and rank it on the first page first.

If you wanna rank your...
Forum: Website Design 7th June 2011, 08:21 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 728
Posted By KentChow
What is your favorite CSS Editor?

Hi all,

Do you use Dreamweaver? or other CSS Editor?

What are your favorite features that you use on daily basis?

Thanks for your feedback.
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 11th February 2011, 06:46 PM
Replies: 149
Views: 15,436
Posted By KentChow
Re: The Best Way Of Finding Buying Niches - Please DO NOT miss it out!!

Nice trick. Thanks for posting up those screenshots. Very helpful!
Showing results 1 to 55 of 55

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:04 PM.