Register Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Showing results 1 to 56 of 380
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Paul Barrs
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 10th November 2014, 01:21 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 465
Posted By Paul Barrs
Local Business Marketing Sub-Forum... gone?

Hi Folks,

Been a might busy building a nice little empire back home (down under)... had a few minutes while enjoying my afternoon cuppa thought I'd stroll back here and check things out -

But...
Forum: Wanted - Members Looking To Hire You 22nd August 2013, 04:59 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 708
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: WANTED: On-page SEO Specialist! [CLOSED]

UPDATE:

Hi Folks,

I have over 30 responses to sort through this weekend, time allowing (I have also sourced applicants from outside of the Warrior Forum). They will be narrowed down to 2 or 3...
Forum: Wanted - Members Looking To Hire You 20th August 2013, 08:34 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 708
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: WANTED: On-page SEO Specialist!

HI Folks,

I have replied to all that have sent me a PM so far - thank you...

But PLEASE, *read* my instructions above... (and follow them)!

I don't want to be contacted by Skype, I don't...
Forum: Wanted - Members Looking To Hire You 18th August 2013, 11:34 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 708
Posted By Paul Barrs
WANTED: On-page SEO Specialist! [closed]

Hi Folks,

I have a number of clients at the moment that I'm doing on-page SEO for... however it's taking too much of my time from other projects - therefore I'm looking to put on a 'temp' who will...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 6th June 2013, 04:11 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 836
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: First 3 sales of own product - sigh of relief!

Firstly, congratulations. It's a wonderful thing to do.

Secondly, allow me to share one key piece of advice... Always treat you customer with the utmost respect. Whether you have 3, 300 or...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 29th May 2013, 12:43 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 2,733
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Wordpress Authentication - Has Anyone Seen This Before?

I just saw this for the first time to day; on a client's site....

Thing is, I didn't install it, and they didn't install it - and when I look around on the inside, there is no "plugin" for it.
...
Forum: Website Design 24th May 2013, 11:04 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 534
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: WordPress Media Library Problem... Can any WP guys or gals help?

No, that doesn't work either - the point being, when things were added to the image library (via a post or not) the images while uploading would not appear *in* the libray.

No matter - problem now...
Forum: Website Design 24th May 2013, 09:44 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 534
Posted By Paul Barrs
WordPress Media Library Problem... [solved]

Hi Folks,

Having been a warrior forum member now for over ten years, it's a rare thing that I need to ask for help... but this one has me stumped -

[And I'm sure it's an easy fix!)

Doing...
Forum: Offline Marketing 7th May 2013, 03:24 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,087
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Offline SEO Specialist Question

There was a really good explanation to that in last week's Whiteboard Friday.

Why We Can't Just Be SEOs Anymore - Whiteboard Friday | SEOmoz...
Forum: Offline Marketing 4th May 2013, 07:14 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,087
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Offline SEO Specialist Question

Benro - nice post.

I haven't been around the forum for a while now; got ticked off with the number of responses from wannabe whoose-i-whats-its who though they had some clue about what they were...
Forum: Off Topic Forum 4th February 2013, 06:13 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 527
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Just completed my first Triathlon....

Looking at my picture... and think about you shoveling snow, LOL - yep, it's SUMMER here in Australia :)
Forum: Off Topic Forum 4th February 2013, 01:47 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 527
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Just completed my first Triathlon....

Looks awesome Sunil -



Audrey, how about Tough Mudder? That's going to be on the coast this year... seeing if I can fit it in :)

!!
Forum: Off Topic Forum 3rd February 2013, 04:22 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 527
Posted By Paul Barrs
Just completed my first Triathlon....

Hi folks -

Just completed my first triathlon this past weekend :) !

For me, it was the end of a 5-year goal to get healthy again and start getting fit - too much time behind the computer...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 8th January 2013, 11:21 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,215
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Wordpress Autoresponder Plugin ?

Troy - a client asked me to find something like WP Autoresponder And Newsletter Plugin for them; and thanks to your post, just found it - what a cool little plugin :)

Paul Barrs
Forum: Wanted - Members Looking To Hire You 5th January 2013, 08:41 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 720
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: (quick $100 for ya), need a video tutorial of wso creation and installation using wso pro

Not here to hijack the thread - just check out my sig file....

Paul
Forum: Wanted - Members Looking To Hire You 4th January 2013, 07:02 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 720
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: (quick $100 for ya), need a video tutorial of wso creation and installation using wso pro

Hi Louis, I'll send you a PM - have already done this for a product in my membership site.

Will send you a PM.

Paul Barrs
Forum: Wanted - Members Looking To Hire You 2nd December 2012, 09:35 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 533
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: 9 limited FREE copies! Website Uptime Checker Script

Alex, is this something I might be able to use for my client websites? ie I can use it to monitor theirs for them. Mind you, I already have this kind of service available to me for free online so not...
Forum: Offline Marketing 26th November 2012, 12:16 AM
Replies: 56
Views: 3,687
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: I totally "SALEBLOCKED" a yellowpages salesman today...

Baaa haa haaaaa !! Best belly laugh I've had a for a long time!



Ditto :)
Forum: Offline Marketing 26th November 2012, 12:11 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,109
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: What is the Offline Marketing Opportunity ? - A Basic Explanation For Newbs.

Very nicely said John.

I'd love to repost this on my Blog... may I?

Paul
Forum: Wanted - Members Looking To Hire You 25th November 2012, 11:30 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 672
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: I Need a Education platform for my clients

I recently heard of a WordPress Plugin that will track client usage in a membership site. Can't for the life of me think of what it was called, but will try and find it for you.

Add it with...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 21st November 2012, 12:49 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 791
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Hands On Internet Marketing Mentor Required

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure he (or she) said he WAS'NT looking for a membership site. Dont you guys read?

Depending on exactly what you're Looking for, I'm sure I can help. If you weren't in...
Forum: Offline Marketing 22nd October 2012, 03:15 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 5,681
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Easy Direct Mail Method - Copy and Paste for Easy Profits

Hi kebertt, I appreciate your reply, and even agree with you ... except on one point. - Teaching people to offer low cost 'desperation' pricing is wrong. If you don't have the skills to build a...
Forum: Offline Marketing 22nd October 2012, 12:50 AM
Replies: 70
Views: 5,681
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Easy Direct Mail Method - Copy and Paste for Easy Profits

Wow, with attitude like that you're bound to succeed :-)

OK, more seriously though, it's great that you're getting out and doing things, but I've been doing OFFLINE sites for over 10yrs, and have...
Forum: Off Topic Forum 21st October 2012, 12:45 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 749
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: 2003 & BEFORE Warriors??

Sheesh Paul, don't you have anything else to do?! LoL

Let me save you a little time... I am user 274... still here, but only drop in each week or so now .

(The other) Paul
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 21st October 2012, 12:09 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 617
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: How I'm merging my 149,000 targeted fans into web design

Justin,

It's a good idea in principle, but be sure to test it out in a small way before putting too much time into it. Just because they say they do doesn't meant they Do doesn't mean they do!
...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 3rd October 2012, 08:14 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,710
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: How do you see notes while recording a powerpoint 2007 presentation?

BJ, I do this kind of thing every week using ScreenCam to present and record. I DON'T however see my notes om the screen as I'm recording unless I use the two screen set up.

I find it easier to...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 30th August 2012, 09:05 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 482
Posted By Paul Barrs
People using "profits theme"... looking for some samples.

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some sample of people who are using profits theme as their membership site option - I want to look at the "skins" - in my opinion the standard design offerings that come...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 28th August 2012, 06:31 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 2,821
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: If you "hide" the "duration" of the video, I'll close it immediately!!

"The" most effective... or the one that people *say* is the most effective. It would be interesting to check bounce rates (under 2 mins) on the two different options.

However, it may not be fair...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 28th August 2012, 06:02 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 2,821
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: If you "hide" the "duration" of the video, I'll close it immediately!!

Shaun,

The more and more I read your posts, the more and More I think that we've got to partner up on something one day.

Finally... someone who cares more about "their customers" then their...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 29th July 2012, 06:36 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 538
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Can someone who is NOT from Ireland check this blogspot page.

The .ie stayed as .ie for me.

But the .com redirected to .com.au (I'm in Australia).... interesting.

Paul
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 29th July 2012, 06:32 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 737
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Will his clickbank account be closed for this?

It's an interesting topic of discussion; many affiliate managers will tell you NO WAY are you allowed to buy through your own affiliate link...

But why?

If an affiliate refers a sale, the...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 29th July 2012, 06:24 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 502
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: When a Help Desk is a bad idea...

Ha ha - all I can say is LOL :)
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 22nd July 2012, 05:22 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,735
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Easy Member Pro... hacked - twice! Any ideas?

Quick update -

From the feedback I've been given from the helpdesk; while this has happened to some others, it's not a 'hack' - it's a tech glitch from the two latest updates; they are "working"...
Forum: Offline Marketing 20th July 2012, 03:15 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 888
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: What Do You Do When Asked To Show SEO Proof & You Have None?

Hi Andrei,

When I was getting started (as I still do now) I offered a guarantee that basically said, "If I can't get the results promised (whatever they are) within (whatever time period), then I...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 15th July 2012, 08:33 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,735
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Easy Member Pro... hacked - twice! Any ideas?

It would be interesting so see... especially since I've had the script running a few years and never had a problem.

(the other) Paul
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 15th July 2012, 06:17 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,735
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Easy Member Pro... hacked - twice! Any ideas?

Thanks karl - ticket submitted.



Hey Garrie - good to 'see' you :)

Paul
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 14th July 2012, 10:23 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 681
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Best ways to target "online music" niche?

Moondance... ? You mean doing the 'moonwalk' right?

Um. I don't don't think could possible charge people to teach them that... not 20 years after it first came about anyway.

If I were you I'd...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 14th July 2012, 10:16 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 423
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Best Wordpress Cart For Adwords Tracking?

I would have thought that any would work if you use Analytics and have your adwords campaign integrated...

Is that a possible solution?

Paul Barrs
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 14th July 2012, 07:16 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,735
Posted By Paul Barrs
Easy Member Pro... hacked - twice! Any ideas?

Hi Folks,

I use Easy Member Pro for two of my sites and this past month have had the same problem on both...

On arriving on the main page, the page is no longer viewable and the content is...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 14th July 2012, 02:22 AM
Replies: 28
Views: 1,131
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Warriors Who Sell Web Design Services

Yes, and I do use PayPal also. Easy to do.

Paul
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 11th July 2012, 07:15 AM
Replies: 28
Views: 1,131
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Warriors Who Sell Web Design Services

Pat,

I base my fees on an hourly service... how long it might take to get it done (including revisions); that hourly rate is $100 / hr. The average spend per client is about $1,200 - but my...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 10th July 2012, 07:30 AM
Replies: 38
Views: 2,777
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: What is stopping you from going for a self hosted auto responder?

I used to use the self hosted options, it was with a script which could be affordably purchased and reasonably easily set up -

Then, some scum-sucking hacker sleeze decided to create a malicious...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 10th July 2012, 07:21 AM
Replies: 98
Views: 3,075
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Are you getting all "webinar-ed" out? Do you love 'em or hate them?

Gary, I don't have time to read all 40 replies above mine... just like I don't have time to watch a sermon-long webinar.

I'm with you - if I know the darn thing would be caped at 30 - tops 45...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 10th July 2012, 07:17 AM
Replies: 56
Views: 4,142
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: How to make money online without any skills?

Bob, one of the coolest things about this forum is that you can come here, read a thread, have the answer - and then scroll down to see the same answer written in a whole bunch of different ways...
...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 10th July 2012, 07:05 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 601
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Question For WSO Sellers/Buyers.

Captcha -

I was going to reply to this, but whatever I would write has already been written above. No to both questions, not as a seller, not as a buyer.

I would see it as just "one other...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 10th July 2012, 07:01 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 850
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: How Much Do You Charge For SEO and IM Work?

I don't offer "SEO" work other than the initial on-page as a part of the website setup. However, what ever work I do I do for a flat fee of $100 / hour, be it web development, Social media, marketing...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 9th July 2012, 07:01 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 621
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: What time is it?

John, it's about 11 pm and I"m almost ready for bed, especially after a late night last night watching the Wimbledon finals :)

Paul

Oh... hang on, let me just re-read your post....
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 4th July 2012, 10:12 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,065
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: The Most Important Marketing Lesson

Terrific idea.

I have a folder that where I keep a number of screenshots for similar things. The original email... the sales letter... the OTO / thank you page etc. If I like it I keep a copy of...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 28th June 2012, 09:21 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 674
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: My 300th Post and A Little Wisdom

Good on you for making it this far - well done.

Let me take a different quote from your post....



But remember, if you consistently and persistently do the wrong thing... it's ain't going to...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 28th June 2012, 09:17 PM
Replies: 247
Views: 17,948
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: 14 Free Traffic Strategies for 2012 that DON’T Depend on Google

Dang.

I've just read every friggin post in this thread and my eyes are hurting.

Three letters come to mind... W.T.F. ?

Other than the OP this thread lacks any real value whatsoever - sure...
Forum: Mind Warriors 26th June 2012, 08:03 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,762
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: The Four Major Lessons In Life by Jim Rohn (Part 1)

Yes, love this. I have an old cassette series from Jim Rohn explaining this - love it!
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 24th June 2012, 07:02 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 1,027
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: I get a million of these a month - here's why 99.9% of them end up in the trash

LOL. Question is, where do we send it !

(why didn't I think of that??)

Paul

PS. Note to newbies... what Tim says it true - 100% - if we don't know you you're email or PM is going to get...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 23rd June 2012, 01:55 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 4,400
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Be Careful About Using Whitelist Feature on ClickBank

Hey Tiff,

Sorry, but I totally missed the point of your post. Did you write something after this.... ?




Just the thought of it put me on the floor laughing, ROFL! Totally lost...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 23rd June 2012, 01:44 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 501
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Question about approving affiliates

Tim, don't worry about the 'stats'. Those folks who get those "amazing conversion ratios" are because they are ALL (without exception) using targeted affiliate traffic from a good affiliate pre-sell....
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 22nd June 2012, 08:38 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 501
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Question about approving affiliates

Hey Tim,

I approve about 90%; and if I don't "know" the person then I go and take a look at their WF user profile.

If they have only a couple of posts and no interaction I click 'no' or ask...
Forum: Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum 22nd June 2012, 08:29 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,487
Posted By Paul Barrs
Re: Best sites for outsourcing Graphic and Website design?

Gary,

We've got some seriously talented people here at the Warrior Forum.

Place an ad (very low cost) in the "Members Looking to Hire You" section and you'll find what you're looking for -
...
Showing results 1 to 56 of 380

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:54 AM.